• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Fuckk

Bonney is Sanji's bride and then Bonney joins the crew! Damn.

As for the chapter, wow....
Great chance for Capone to shine and show his stuff.

Fucking knew Sanji was a noble! Now it seems we're heading towards Whole Cake Island and getting Sanji back.

Wouldn't surprise me, honestly. She's a glutton and Sanji's a cook so...

300 million
the scanlation I read said 3 billion.

Nami and chopper being useless was really disappointing, but expected.
Yeah, I'm a little miffed about that. Just doesn't make sense.
Why people still read panda is beyond me.

Especially after

mangapanda_zps5asrpbmo.jpg

But Chopper's got that monster point...Brook, Sanji, Chopper, Nami, and fucking Caesar Clown could have easily taken the guy on.

Wonder what's going to happen to Pekoms? Is Capone going to get shit for harming a crewmate? Big Mom seems like the ends justify the means kinda gal so I doubt he'll get much sympathy.

smurfx

get some go again
But Chopper's got that monster point...Brook, Sanji, Chopper, Nami, and fucking Caesar Clown could have easily taken the guy on.

Wonder what's going to happen to Pekoms? Is Capone going to get shit for harming a crewmate? Big Mom seems like the ends justify the means kinda gal so I doubt he'll get much sympathy.
i'm hoping he will be recovering along with nekomamushi when luffy goes to see him. i want him to be part of the zou alliance when they eventually plead their allegiance to luffy. would be nice if pekoms ends up taking out capone in the future when luffy goes against big mom.

wilstreak

Bonney hasn't really.......

Wait a minute... It's been a while since we've seen her >_> (the only time I recall if the doffy defeat but nothing recent before that)

even a supernova would have a hardtime against BB and thegangs

Never forget that when caught unaware Nami is practically useless in a fight.

and tbh Nami is the actual problem here. With nami capture at gunpoint, there is nothing that Sanji can do.
without captured Chopper can easily turn into Monster Chopper and destroy everything
there is also Caesar (who at one point manage to defeat and capture Luffy, Law and Smoker) LOL

i'm hoping he will be recovering along with nekomamushi when luffy goes to see him. i want him to be part of the zou alliance when they eventually plead their allegiance to luffy. would be nice if pekoms ends up taking out capone in the future when luffy goes against big mom.
Fucking brilliant.

Pekoms is the Strawhats way to Whole Cake Island. Awesome post mate

Anteater

Nami and chopper being useless was really disappointing, but expected.

It's one of the things that kind of suck, these will probably keep happening for story progress reason, it's happened quite a few times after the time skip where some of the strawhats get careless, fall into traps, and getting captured despite how strong they are now.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
It's one of the things that kind of suck, these will probably keep happening for story progress reason, it's happened quite a few times after the time skip where some of the strawhats get careless, fall into traps, and getting captured despite how strong they are now.

Well that's the thing about "strength." Conflicts aren't just a comparison of two integers where the larger one wins. Unless it's DBZ, at least. All the "strength" in the world isn't going to help Nami or Chopper when they're caught from behind with guns to their heads.

marmoka

Banned
Great chapter! I'm already hyped for the next weeks episode! I don't even care about Gear Fourth in the anime. I want to know more about Sanji Vinsmock.

The only thing that pissed me from the chapter, was Sanji going crazy about Wanda. He fell in love a female dog? Do we really need to see bestialism here as well?

hqdefault.jpg

PS: what other scalations do you guys recommed? I know Panda sucks, but I cannot find any alternatives. Thanks

Bandini

I don't think "love" is the correct word to describe anything that Sanji has ever felt towards a female.

He's just a horny bastard.

GhostBed

Awesome chapter. I'm curious about Nami's new dress. Wanda calls it a "national treasure" and confirmed that it belonged to someone important, so I could see it being referenced again when they leave Zou.

I love that we are finally seeing Capone. I've been more interested in him than any of the other supernovas (except Bonney, of course), so seeing him kick ass was really satisfying. His powers were so weird and vague up to this point but now we see that he's pretty much a walking ambush.

Error

Sanji's just open minded when it comes to interracials he doesn't care.

Surely it can't be a coincidence that Bonney was captured and then let go, because there's no way she escaped imprisonment.

Lunar15

Sanji's just open minded when it comes to interracials he doesn't care.

Surely it can't be a coincidence that Bonney was captured and then let go, because there's no way she escaped imprisonment.

Well, my only other theory for Bonney is that she's the child of a World Noble (who... somehow had a fling with Big Mom?)

I don't really buy into it that much, but it would explain some small things.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Are people seriously theorizing that Big Mom is Luffy's actual mom? Get the fuck out of here.

I already mentioned that Big Mom's "daughters" are a strong bond, not blood relation. It's the same thing Whitebeard did. This is the most likely explanation.

Syntsui

Are people seriously theorizing that Big Mom is Luffy's actual mom? Get the fuck out of here.

I already mentioned that Big Mom's "daughters" are a strong bond, not blood relation. It's the same thing Whitebeard did. This is the most likely explanation.

No it isn't, the most likely is that they are her children. We had one sentence of explanation and absolutely nothing points out to anything that isn't exactly what was explained.

In resume, we know nothing to assume anything of substance.

Lunar15

Why is everyone assuming bonney is big moms child? Did i miss something?

It's 100% theory, but here's some clues:

1. Her lipstick is pretty distinct and matches what we see on Big Mom's flag as well as Big Mom herself. Big Mom also has pink hair going by her flag. It's a stretch... but oda likes to use elements like this to define characters.

2. Her Ship is actually cake/candy like, which totally evokes Big Mom's Whole Cake Island.

3. She's an enormous glutton, constantly eating, and this sounds very similar to Big Mom.

Of course, it's all theory and most of these are stretches, but you never know. I think it's more likely that Lola is one of her daughters than Bonney is, but I also think it's highly likely that both of them are. Big Mom having a lot of daughters opens up a lot of possibilities.

Magwik

Banned

1. Her lipstick is pretty distinct and matches what we see on Big Mom's flag as well as Big Mom herself. Big Mom also has pink hair going by her flag. It's a stretch... but oda likes to use elements like this to define characters.

2. Her Ship is actually cake/candy like, which totally evokes Big Mom's Whole Cake Island.

3. She's an enormous glutton, constantly eating, and this sounds very similar to Big Mom.

Of course, it's all theory and most of these are stretches, but you never know. I think it's more likely that Lola is one of her daughters than Bonney is, but I also think it's highly likely that both of them are. Big Mom having a lot of daughters opens up a lot of possibilities.

4. People like Bonney and just want to see her (and see Sanji get laid)

Lunar15

4. People like Bonney and just want to see her (and see Sanji get laid)

Just because she's Big Mom's daughter doesn't necessarily mean she's the one getting married!

Still, the idea of someone who eats a lot and has terrible manners is a really fantastic foil for Sanji, so it'll be interesting to see what happens if that comes to fruition.

Red Fire

Oh thanks! Never really thought about this but these points indeed are suspicious..

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Law was also half dead at that point, and didn't die.

Ben Beckman's power surely does not come from a pistol, Kizaru of all people would have zero trouble dealing with a pistol, when he was first introduced someone shot him in the head and it did nothing.

We don't actually know what Van Auger can do. He probably uses specialized ammo like Usopp.

Still, the thought that the monsters in this world would be harmed by bullets from goddamn flintlocks is silly. In a world where you can survive a bomb at point blank range, a bullet shouldn't even tickle.

Wouldn't seastone and haki be enough to counter that, hell wasn't that the entire point of their introduction.

Error

I just hope it's not some ugly chick. I want to see Sanji's loyalties tested, having him in an arrange marriage with a hot chick would surely tests his loyalty to the SH and his commitment to his ambition of getting to All Blue.

I just hope it's not some ugly chick. I want to see Sanji's loyalties tested, having him in an arrange marriage with a hot chick would surely tests his loyalty to the SH and his commitment to his ambition of getting to All Blue.
Yeah they need to bring the All Blue back. Feel's like the only dream of the crew that isn't emphasized throughout the story. Maybe Nami's too.

Yeah they need to bring the All Blue back. Feel's like the only dream of the crew that isn't emphasized throughout the story. Maybe Nami's too.

Luffy's dream is the only one given emphasis. There was a brief time during his Alabasta fight that Zoro talked about being the greatest swordsman but most of the dreams are background character info.

Luffy's dream is the only one given emphasis. There was a brief time during his Alabasta fight that Zoro talked about being the greatest swordsman but most of the dreams are background character info.
Idk, it's probably because of the dream itself.

Zoro is always training, so we know he's working towards his dream. As is Luffy and Usopp and Chopper who practice their stuff and get closer too. Robin's dream is inevitable and we've seen various Ponyglyphs. Franky and Brook's dreams are also somewhat inevitable and are being worked towards just by sailing on.

Then you get Nami and Sanji. Nami wants to draw a map of the world but we never see her working on it or anything. Regarding Sanji, you can't really work towards finding the All Blue on top of it never really being mentioned like Laboon (the whales at the end of Fishman Island) of how awesome the Sunny is.

I'm over analyzing and being a twat but I think we could do with it being more obvious as a motivation for his character.

Do we really think that Pekoms is down for the count? He certainly has armour haki and his ability is a turtle shell that was shown to make him invulnerable to a gatling gun. Minks were fighting non stop for days but this guy goes down with one hit.

Do we really think that Pekoms is down for the count? He certainly has armour haki and his ability is a turtle shell that was shown to make him invulnerable to a gatling gun. Minks were fighting non stop for days but this guy goes down with one hit.
The whole thing is strange, and it's like he went down for plot conveniences more than anything. He's definitely not dead. Smurf made a fair point that he could still be on the island in current time chilling with Cat Viper.

Is Haki always on? I doubt his was reinforcing his back when a comrade was behind him. Likely not done but the fact that blood spewed out of his back makes it look like he was not protected.

The whole thing is strange, and it's like he went down for plot conveniences more than anything. He's definitely not dead. Smurf made a fair point that he could still be on the island in current time chilling with Cat Viper.

The way I see it Big Mams pirates are old school. No way is someone who shot a crew mate in the back getting away with a slap on his wrist.

So i wonder if sanjis family are of royalty or if its like a mob style family with heavy ties to the government. The wanted alive part really throws everything off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom