• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

well mostly as someone who (at this point) doesn't know Haki, I just wonder if she could be able to. I mean I even doubt some Haki users would be able to beat him because he would just fry em before they touch him. But with Nami she pretty much predicts weather and controls with on a whim now and could probably summon something to controls enels energy and such.
I think you are underestinating the power of electricity. Mind you, Enel af some point used 200,000,000 volts.

Magwik

Banned
Probably depends on the situation. I'm assuming Nami would need some time to prepare her weather attack, whereas Enel would probably get right to it.

I can only see Luffy and Zoro beating PTS Enel, maybe Sanji once we see what the fuck he can do.

Enel could go full Palpatine if he wanted to. Nami would get wrecked.

Dugna

I think you are underestinating the power of electricity. Mind you, Enel af some point used 200,000,000 volts.

yeah but even then if said energy was just directed into something that wasn't herself, I'd think she could control it.

Overall this was just me wondering, I mean Nami does have things like Weather Eggs now which are like instant whatever weather she wants.

This. It's a ridiculous amount of energy that would instantly kill any normal person without haki.
Enel could go full Palpatine if he wanted to. Nami would get wrecked.
UNLIMITED POWER.

yeah but even then if said energy was just directed into something that wasn't herself, I'd think she could control it.

Overall this was just me wondering, I mean Nami does have things like Weather Eggs now which are like instant whatever weather she wants.

I want her to, just putting that out there, but I don't think she could.

A friend told me about an epic weather battle Nami could have against Lafitte (the navigator for BB). Lafitte has wings, so he and Nami could have this huge aerial battle with her riding in the clouds and him flying high in the sky. My friend was also pretty high too.

Squishy3

Considering we're talking about Enel, playing Pirate Warriors 3 and seeing him defeat Enel again made me realize that his Gear Third Haki attacks are based off of that.

tumblr_inline_nh2xanJaIm1szuybs.png

What have I stumbled into?

Any predictions while we're all patiently dying?

I think Pekoms will be moved by what's happened to his home town, but his partner will pressure him to get the job done.

Big Mom finds out about Sanji's wanted poster and knows something about his past, so both he and Ceasar go with Pekoms in exchange for sparing Zou.

smurfx

get some go again
i think pekoms probably appreciated what the strawhats did for his people and that's why he allowed sanji to surrender just himself and cesar in exchange for leaving the other strawhats alone. i don't think sanji's bounty had anything to do with big mom. that definitely has something to do with his past.

Squishy3

Maybe Sanji convinced Big Mom Caesar makes the most delicious candy and they're going to poison her

edit: wait no, Caesar was afraid of Big Mom, so that's improbable

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Here's a question I've been pondering, could Nami wipe the floor with Enel? I mean she was even while fighting him able to control his light attacks, with how she controls weather now do you think she could beat him?

This is all brought up randomly because I'm rewatching Skypiea.

I don't think anyone outside of Kizaru could really, truly beat him. Anyone else he can zap from afar or run away from.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I'm using the anime show to catch up on the manga since the anime is pretty much 1:1 to the manga with some (crappy) stuff added in. But man it's starting to drag so much!

Admittedly some scenes in the anime are much better just for the virtue of having actual voice actors (Law's flashback, Pica's voice gag etc...) but the anime moves at a glacial pace it's ridiculous. TOEI is such a shit studio good lord, that they have One Piece and not someone like Madhouse is criminal, One Piece deserves better.

Syntsui

I'm using the anime show to catch up on the manga since the anime is pretty much 1:1 to the manga with some (crappy) stuff added in. But man it's starting to drag so much!

Admittedly some scenes in the anime are much better just for the virtue of having actual voice actors (Law's flashback, Pica's voice gag etc...) but the anime moves at a glacial pace it's ridiculous. TOEI is such a shit studio good lord, that they have One Piece and not someone like Madhouse is criminal, One Piece deserves better.

That's the price of fame.

RomanceDawn

Seriously. I used to love the anime but good golly it bugs the shitzu out of me. Oddly enough I do buy the funimation dub. It's the only way my wife and daughter will enjoy One Piece with me and I did love the Anime up until maybe Amazon Lily. The english actors make it more enjoyable for me as well. Not that the Japanese are bad because they are great, but I'm not one of those who hears another language and assumes it's golden.

In an alternate dimension TOEI was cast out of society because of how they treat One Piece and then Madhouse picked up, started from the current arc TOEI left off on and went back and did the beginning episodes. All the Toei filler was changed to actual cover stories. In this Universe Ridley is playable in Smash and Sonic rivals Mario in all aspects in gameplay and polish.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
If I had unlimited funds, I would commission an American-made animated remake of One Piece. Better pacing, better animation, no filler, actually show the cover stories, get a young man to play Luffy, keep Toei's mitts off it.

Magwik

Banned
If I had unlimited funds, I would commission an American-made animated remake of One Piece. Better pacing, better animation, no filler, actually show the cover stories, get a young man to play Luffy, keep Toei's mitts off it.
Keep the Funi cast at least

Squishy3

I was talking about this in another thread, where I'd eventually hope Cyberconnect gets to take a crack at making a One Piece series in the vein of Ultimate Ninja Storm, especially when you look at how ridiculously good UNS4 looks. Naruto is a good example where the games now look better than the anime.

I doubt the tone of the series would stay the same.

Chariot

I think - while very strong - Jack's bounty is overblown by him being especially cruel and brutal. Of course he would have a high bounty if he leaves a trail of destruction everywhere he goes, and he seems to be notorious for that.

Dimmle

I think - while very strong - Jack's bounty is overblown by him being especially cruel and brutal. Of course he would have a high bounty if he leaves a trail of destruction everywhere he goes, and he seems to be notorious for that.

Yeah, hasn't Oda himself said that bounty is not equivalent to "power level"?

Fucking YES. Imagine a OP anime with animation quality of the best out there, OPman comes to mind. Hnnnnng.
do you think Luffy in Gear 4 Mode would beat Jack?

I Mean 1 Billion Berry....thats crazy.
Yep. Though bounties are a grey area, remember Luffy only had 30m when he beat Crocodile who had a frozen 80m bounty.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I hope there's a One Piece Kai at the very least (preferably a full remake a la Hunter X Hunter) to show my kids in the future

smurfx

get some go again
yeah you would think a guy who has no problems wiping out entire islands with chemical weapons would be a big thorn on the world governments side. not even for the loss of lives but the loss of tax money. i doubt the celestials care at all about regular people being killed off. somebody cutting into their money would make them rage though.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Single spoiler page is out in the usual places.

Pekoms and Capone "Gang" Bege arrive on Zou and see the destruction. Pekoms wonders what happened and blames the Straw Hats

marmoka

Banned

I would prefer a live-action TV series, HBO style. It could be based on the comic.

• Season 1 for the East Blue arc, about 30 episodes would be great.
  • Season 2: Arabasta arc
  • Season 3: Skypiea arc
  • Season 4: Foxxy, Water 7 and Enies Lobby
  • Season 5: Thriller Bark
  • Season 6: Sabaody Islands and Impel Down
  • Season 7: Luffy's childhood, Marineford, and other Strawhat members' stories
  • Season 8: Fishman Island
  • Season 9: Punk Hazard and Dressrosa (Part 1)
  • Season 10: Dressrosa (Part 2, unfortunately)
  • Season 11: Zou and (...)??
And what about the actors? They could use this as reference:

1468492_10156346496590554_7492608172491176623_n.jpg

(I ignore if this is real or invented. I only knew Oda said Zoro would be Japanese)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom