• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurfx

get some go again
i get the feeling the kaidou arc won't take off until after the reverie. that is because i think he is planning on doing something to spark the huge war he wants so badly. i think big mom might make luffy change objectives but i'm not sure if she is going to get taken down though. maybe luffy and friends cause major damage to her and her alliance which allows blackbeard to take her down or something.

Speaking of Law, I think he might be done in the story for the time being.
yeah he might be leaving to make preparations or something for the war against kaido. next time we see him he might show up with luffy's alliance against kaido.

Squishy3

i get the feeling the kaidou arc won't take off until after the reverie. that is because i think he is planning on doing something to spark the huge war he wants so badly. i think big mom might make luffy change objectives but i'm not sure if she is going to get taken down though. maybe luffy and friends cause major damage to her and her alliance which allows blackbeard to take her down or something.
Blackbeard and co. will be attacking the revolutionaries, since Burgess called them to their location.

smurfx

get some go again
Blackbeard and co. will be attacking the revolutionaries, since Burgess called them to their location.
i don't think they will seriously fight until either side is defeated. i think dragon is smart enough to compromise with blackbeard and give him the weapons blackbeard wants. it makes no sense for blackbeard to attack the revolutionaries. the smartest thing for him to do is sell the whereabouts to the world government for something in return.

daveo42

Banned

yeah he might be leaving to make preparations or something for the war against kaido. next time we see him he might show up with luffy's alliance against kaido.

I don't see Luffy taking her down either, though I'm expecting a more comical and non-violent resolution to come out of their encounter with Big Mom based on the SH's actions on Zou against Jack's men and their helping the Minks. Both arcs might be relatively short and part of a larger surge to taking out Kaido...or he might just crash that party because Caesar is also key to his overall plans.

Squishy3

i don't think they will seriously fight until either side is defeated. i think dragon is smart enough to compromise with blackbeard and give him the weapons blackbeard wants. it makes no sense for blackbeard to attack the revolutionaries. the smartest thing for him to do is sell the whereabouts to the world government for something in return.
What weapons? His and Sabo's Devil Fruit abilities? Because that's about the only thing Blackbeard would probably be interested in.

smurfx

get some go again
What weapons? His and Sabo's Devil Fruit abilities? Because that's about the only thing Blackbeard would probably be interested in.
remember that sabo seized all the weapons doflamingo was planning to ship out from his port at dressrosa. burgess called blackbeard and told him about those weapons.

Great chapter.
Surprise hype from Capone! He just jumped up a few slots on my fav Supernovae list.

Too bad Pekoms had to get worfed for it to happen.

We actually got Sanji's family name eighteen years after his first appearance. lol This marriage can only lead to some big gag for Sanji. Hopefully it ends up being a lot more interesting than that.

The Year of Sanji is off to a great start.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Great chapter.
Surprise hype from Capone! He just jumped up a few slots on my fav Supernovae list.

Too bad Pekoms had to get worfed for it to happen.

We actually got Sanji's family name eighteen years after his first appearance. lol This marriage can only lead to some big gag for Sanji. Hopefully it ends up being a lot more interesting than that.

The Year of Sanji is off to a great start.

I know exactly what's going to happen with Sanji:

• he goes with big mom
  • breaks out of the room and they chase him around the island since he doesn't want to get married since he thinks the girl is ugly
  • Straw Hats show up and take down Big Mom
  • Sanji discovers, just as he is leaving with the rest of the crew, that the girl is actually gorgeous and a total babe
  • Sanji cries as the Sunny sails off into the sunset

• he goes with big mom
  • breaks out of the room and they chase him around the island since he doesn't want to get married since he thinks the girl is ugly
  • Sanji discovers, just as he is leaving with the rest of the crew, that the girl is actually gorgeous and a total babe

That would be funny, but I'm hoping for something different. Sanji's been the buttmonkey for too long.

RomanceDawn

You have to wonder if Law really does have anything planned for Kaido though. Sanji noted that Law's intent to go after Doflamingo didn't coincide with the plan. Later we find out Law planned it all out assuming he would die against Doflamingo. While he probably has some basic idea of what he would do on the off chance that he would survive, I'm not sure he is going to really go through with something to crazy just yet. At the very least Lufy won't let him thats for sure.

Sanji is on his way to Whole Cake! YABADABADOO! You know who else is tied up at Whole Cake? That's right folks Jinbe! We bout to get Sanji back, Jinbe and a new mate! It will be like Robin, Usopp and Franky all over again! YEAH!!!!!!!!

Pekoms getting shot like that was awful. It's not like we've never seen him defend against a gatling gun before but man, an allied attack right in the back. I hope Sanji gets to beat the living hell out of Capone.

I've been saying for years now that Kaido and Big Mom would be tackled more or less at the same time and right now it's looking like Whole Cake is next. Of course that would be after Jack tries to come back and finish what he started. Still with Big Mom I don't know any more if there is going be a full on saga defining battle with her that would completely put her out of power. Though her being taken out before Kaido makes sense as he is the strongest of something but if Lola ends up being a daughter, if Pekoms gets to testify and if Sanji makes her something that satisfies her for life I just don't know if her crew and Luffy's will be 100% antagonistic towards one another. There are a ton of little threads that don't make things black or white with Big Mom's crew. It's going to be interesting to see how it unfolds.

Vinsmoke. Awesome. Even if Sanji's family has some influence as royals it still doesn't really explain how they are able to get a special wanted poster to pardon(more or less) one of the notorious Straw Hat's. While I'm certain the Vinsmoke family and the Wanted Poster are connected I'm willing to bet the poster gets into things that are far deeper.

That would be funny, but I'm hoping for something different. Sanji's been the buttmonkey for too long.
I would assume there's some familial history going on behind the scenes. Whether Sanji is aware of it or not, the Vinsmoke family likely arranged this marriage hence the wanted alive poster.

My question is, since Big Mom is a pirate who by definition should be at odds with the WG, how is Big Mom hosting this thing? Capone made it sound like the Charlotte family is some big deal status wise. Now we know that Sanji's poster, sanctioned by the WG is because of his family name, so what the heck is going on here?

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I would assume there's some familial history going on behind the scenes. Whether Sanji is aware of it or not, the Vinsmoke family likely arranged this marriage hence the wanted alive poster.

My question is, since Big Mom is a pirate who by definition should be at odds with the WG, how is Big Mom hosting this thing? Capone made it sound like the Charlotte family is some big deal status wise. Now we know that Sanji's poster, sanctioned by the WG is because of his family name, so what the heck is going on here?

The WG although detests pirates try to not mess with the yonko unless absolutely necessary

The WG although detests pirates try to not mess with the yonko unless absolutely necessary
It's confusing though. On the one hand that's true, but on the other hand Big Mom is supposedly hosting a marriage between noble families.

Big Mom probably did this outside of the WG and probably found out about Sanji the moment his wanted poster came out. At the same time, you have his family trying to get him back hence the poster.

It's a race to get Sanji!

smurfx

get some go again
i bet some celestials have many underworld dealings and probably use pirates to put out hits on people. maybe some celestials are fighting over territory and big mom is allied with one. although big mom would likely only accept if she gets power in return which means a convenience marriage between one of her daughters and a royal family.

I found this, it's the German poster though and I can't photoshop.

bc944ed643.jpg

Capone is a boss, literally.

I don't get why they didn't fight him though. Four strawhats against one guy who is just a bunch of regular dudes in one.

That part was odd. I find it hard to believe that Nami and Chopper would be caught that easily..... unless Capone's crew is a lot stronger than they look.

The Straw Hats arrive at the tea party.

What will luffy do first?
  • Beat people
  • Eat all of the food

Beat people while eating food.

Dugna

Maybe Capone's Castle fruit makes the people who enter it and become his crew somehow gain powers or something? Like the stronger Capone gets the stronger they get or a tower defense game.

Like munch munch and those two goons Wapol had, I mean you wouldn't think a fruit that lets you eat anything basically would be able to do that. Just a guess though.

Rebel Leader

It would have been dumb and unrealistic is Sanji and Caesar could take down Capone's entire crew...the Supernovas aren't weak...

Bonney hasn't really.......

Wait a minute... It's been a while since we've seen her >_> (the only time I recall if the doffy defeat but nothing recent before that)

smurfx

get some go again
It would have been dumb and unrealistic is Sanji and Caesar could take down Capone's entire crew...the Supernovas aren't weak...
eh i think sanji can definitely take on capone and ceasar is strong enough to take down capones crew. don't underestimate sanji either. it would have been dumb to take them on because even bigger monsters were waiting for capone on big mom's ship. remember that capone is still a rookie on the ship so that means her main fighters are probably significantly stronger than capone.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So wait so Sanji is gonna go to the tea party which will also coincide with that trap treasure chests or whatever that they took back to Big Mom from Fishman island...

Interesting.

Lunar15

• he goes with big mom

This is the truest thing ever.

smurfx

get some go again
the girl has to be very good looking so it pains sanji down to his core to have to walk away. it is the funniest way to go. they kind of already did the ugly bride thing at thriller bark.

Dugna

not sure if its bad translation like usual but Capone says
"Surrender now! These guys aren't like any of those out there!!!"

makes me wonder again if his fruit has some effect on his crew that stays inside him, because overall they just looked very generic.

not sure if its bad translation like usual but Capone says
"Surrender now! These guys aren't like any of those out there!!!"

makes me wonder again if his fruit has some effect on his crew that stays inside him, because overall they just looked very generic.
Only reason is this, or they just don't want to fight and involve the minks.
Kinda silly either way, I'm sure they'll be facing far stronger enemies than Capone quite soon.

Bonney hasn't really.......

Wait a minute... It's been a while since we've seen her >_> (the only time I recall if the doffy defeat but nothing recent before that)

eh i think sanji can definitely take on capone and ceasar is strong enough to take down capones crew. don't underestimate sanji either. it would have been dumb to take them on because even bigger monsters were waiting for capone on big mom's ship. remember that capone is still a rookie on the ship so that means her main fighters are probably significantly stronger than capone.

not unrealistic at all......

What is this based on? "Everyone but the main characters and Warlords/Emperors are shitty?" We have absolutely no basis for Sanji being that powerful. Nor does he have any protection against firearms and cannons like Luffy does. Not to mention his bounty shows he's not a pushover. Pekoms isn't weak and he at least temporarily incapacitated him

The idea that anyone stronger then Morgan would have any amount of trouble with pistols or cannons is hilarious.

Yeah, Blackbeard's crew shot at Whitebeard a thousand times with guns, but he was at 1% hp at that point. And it didn't even kill him.

Law got taken out by a gun from Flamingo too...guns have never been "weak", simply underwhelming compared to the other crazy shit people with DFs are capable of. Not to mention Beckman on Shank's crew uses a gun and Van Auger uses a rifle...

The idea that anyone stronger then Morgan would have any amount of trouble with pistols or cannons is hilarious.

Yeah, Blackbeard's crew shot at Whitebeard a thousand times with guns, but he was at 1% hp at that point. And it didn't even kill him.

Rebel Leader

What is this based on? "Everyone but the main characters and Warlords/Emperors are shitty?" We have absolutely no basis for Sanji being that powerful. Nor does he have any protection against firearms and cannons like Luffy does. Not to mention his bounty shows he's not a pushover. Pekoms isn't weak and he at least temporarily incapacitated

I was just pointing out that we haven't seen bonney in action... at all

Metal B

Could it be, that the Big Mama arc will be an homage of Alice in Wonderland? Her crew ist really strange, she invites everybody to a tea party and there coming some Queen of Hearts vibs from her. Sanji could be Alice in this context.

Oxn

What is this based on? "Everyone but the main characters and Warlords/Emperors are shitty?" We have absolutely no basis for Sanji being that powerful. Nor does he have any protection against firearms and cannons like Luffy does. Not to mention his bounty shows he's not a pushover. Pekoms isn't weak and he at least temporarily incapacitated him

Law got taken out by a gun from Flamingo too...guns have never been "weak", simply underwhelming compared to the other crazy shit people with DFs are capable of. Not to mention Beckman on Shank's crew uses a gun and Van Auger uses a rifle...

But you said both Sanji and Caesar. And i do think Caesar is on equal footing with the Supernovas at the very least.

Law was also half dead at that point, and didn't die.

Ben Beckman's power surely does not come from a pistol, Kizaru of all people would have zero trouble dealing with a pistol, when he was first introduced someone shot him in the head and it did nothing.

We don't actually know what Van Auger can do. He probably uses specialized ammo like Usopp.

Still, the thought that the monsters in this world would be harmed by bullets from goddamn flintlocks is silly. In a world where you can survive a bomb at point blank range, a bullet shouldn't even tickle.

Law was also half dead at that point, and didn't die.

Ben Beckman's power surely does not come from a pistol, Kizaru of all people would have zero trouble dealing with a pistol, when he was first introduced someone shot him in the head and it did nothing.

We don't actually know what Van Auger can do. He probably uses specialized ammo like Usopp.

Still, the thought that the monsters in this world would be harmed by bullets from goddamn flintlocks is silly. In a world where you can survive a bomb at point blank range, a bullet shouldn't even tickle.

They're probably magical flintlocks!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
"unrealistic" lol.

Capone doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who would stand a chance against a physical fighter like Sanji.
Capone has underlings watching every inch of his body, ready to strike and defend. He could have a small nation in him for all we know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom