• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
His name is Sanji Vinsmoke? That's so cool

And he has at least two siblings, presumably brothers. Iiiiiinteresting

smurfx

get some go again
Ooooo i hadn't thought of that?! Actually Capone is legit a threat you have no idea what he has in him(haha). A secret inside job(wink) would be easy for someone like him
also oda is said to be a game of thrones fan right? maybe we are going to have our own red wedding soon.

also oda is said to be a game of thrones fan right? maybe we are going to have our own red wedding soon.
A newly found fan at that and they say he loves it now. Almost everyone jumped to the red wedding conclusion on reddit lol im expecting it. Doflamingos throne wars speach already shows game of thrones taking affect on oda.

smurfx

get some go again
A newly found fan at that and they say he loves it now. Almost everyone jumped to the red wedding conclusion on reddit lol im expecting it. Doflamingos throne wars speach already shows game of thrones taking affect on oda.
who would be the one planning an attack though? i think it's green bull since he/she hasn't made an appearance. every time a new admiral is revealed they always end up being a big part of an arc. i don't see green bull interacting with luffy since fujitora is currently on his tail. big mom might be the most vulnerable emperor right now and the marines might have been plotting to take her down. i don't think akainu is going to sit around just maintaining the status quo in the new world.

who would be the one planning an attack though? i think it's green bull since he/she hasn't made an appearance. every time a new admiral is revealed they always end up being a big part of an arc. i don't see green bull interacting with luffy since fujitora is currently on his tail. big mom might be the most vulnerable emperor right now and the marines might have been plotting to take her down.
Pfft your thinking too small my friend! Kaido will be going after ceaser, big mom has ceaser,strawhats need to get sanji, the marines send greenbull in as well, the vinsmoke family make their move as well on big mom....Throne wars!!...part one

smurfx

get some go again
Pfft your thinking too small my friend! Kaido will be going after ceaser, big mom has ceaser,strawhats need to get sanji, the marines send greenbull in as well, the vinsmoke family make their move as well on big mom....Throne wars!!...part one
kaido might now know that shirahoshi is pluton and might start something at whole cake island while he invades fishman island and takes her in order to start a huge war with the world. kaido taking shirahoshi might make luffy ignore big mom and go straight for kaido. jimbei would also probably go to aid luffy if this happened.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I believe it's actually Vinsmoke Sanji considering everyone that has a full name uses Japanese name order. Monkey D. Luffy/Dragon/Garp. Boa Hancock/Sandersonia/Marigold.

ffdgh

So...the vin in vinsmoke mean whine right? It's a stretch but Koala did mention something about whine steel when reporting to dragon after dressrosa.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!

Hey I heard you like Goten.

IHaveIce

Banned
It'd certainly be a way to start tying everything post-timeskip together. We've had a lot of things introduced but no connecting thread yet, this could be it.

Indeed. Man I didn't even think about him being part of a mobster family, though why does the government want him alive? for a trade? Information?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Indeed. Man I didn't even think about him being part of a mobster family, though why does the government want him alive? for a trade? Information?

If his family are celestial dragons then they could pretty much do what they wanted. We've only seen a handful of them and while they seemed more spoiled than anything else, it is a possibility that the wealth and power isn't enough for some. Just like how Mingo's family disagreed with the system, Sanji's might think it doesn't go far enough and want more money/power.

Welfare

For the wedding? If his family are Gang-stars and one of Big Mom's daughters is going to have an arranged marriage with Sanji, it would be best to not bring a corpse. Depending on how much pull Vinsmokes have, in combination with a Yonko, they might be able to pull some strings to get the Wanted Alive specification.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
is it me or has the logia type fruits become weak with the introduction of Haki?

it's like it flipped and now Paramecia seems stronger (well depends on the paramecia obviously). Fujitora, Luffy and Doffy's DFs are super powerful.

Welfare

is it me or has the logia type fruits become weak with the introduction of Haki?

it's like it flipped and now Paramecia seems stronger (well depends on the paramecia obviously). Fujitora, Luffy and Doffy's DFs are super powerful.

Logia's biggest advantage is the intangibility. Haki is the counter to it.

I thought they kind of hedged their bets when WhiteBeard attacked Aokiji with Haki and he was basically fine. If you consider what happened to PunkHazard as being the result of awakened Logia fruits, I think they are going to remain strong.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

We haven't really seen how a logia power with haki fights though. We saw a bit of it at Marineford and the aftermath of a big fight between two logia-types who could use haki at Punk Hazard.

We haven't really seen how a logia power with haki fights though. We saw a bit of it at Marineford and the aftermath of a big fight between two logia-types who could use haki at Punk Hazard.

We saw Sabo. Technically I guess it's just like he was fighting with Haki except he can fly and everything is on fire.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
The problem is that we're just seeing a lot of chump logia users. During the Paramount War, people like Aokiji were gettin stabbed in the face with haki blades and they were fine, because they were smart enough to just open a hole in their intangible bodies to let the blade pass through. Akainu pulled the same trick. It's trickier to be a logia now since you can't just act invincible (like Pekoms said), but you're still highly versatile if you're capable enough to manipulate your body in the right place at the right times.

The problem is that we're just seeing a lot of chump logia users. During the Paramount War, people like Aokiji were gettin stabbed in the face with haki blades and they were fine, because they were smart enough to just open a hole in their intangible bodies to let the blade pass through. Akainu pulled the same trick. It's trickier to be a logia now since you can't just act invincible (like Pekoms said), but you're still highly versatile if you're capable enough to manipulate your body in the right place at the right times.
Didn't he just straight up tank a haki kick from marco AND a slice from vista? Dudes haki must be insane.

If you have armament Haki, can you defend against Logia attacks?

Like could Luffy straight up not die from magma thrown on him by Akainu if he covered his body with Haki?

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
If you have armament Haki, can you defend against Logia attacks?

Like could Luffy straight up not die from magma thrown on him by Akainu if he covered his body with Haki?

Well it definitely hardens you, we've seen people use it to stop blades. But magma is just so incessantly hot, I bet it'd heat through haki pretty fast.

Error

haki just makes you harder..things like heat would still have effects

That would make Akainu ridiculously OP to the point that no one can touch him. I'm pretty a haki infused punch will get Akainu and it'll hurt him.

So far the only Hax DF power is Blackbeard's. How can anyone counter that? That's why I think BB is the endgame boss in OP.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
We never saw a real fight though, he had just gotten his power. I'm talking someone like Akainu, I mean the damage to Punk Hazard was beyond anything we've ever seen.

I really do hope Oda makes Punk Hazard's condition officially a side effect of Akainu and Aokiji awakening their DF abilities. Makes no sense to still be frozen/on-fire otherwise.

Chariot

That would make Akainu ridiculously OP to the point that no one can touch him. I'm pretty a haki infused punch will get Akainu and it'll hurt him.

So far the only Hax DF power is Blackbeard's. How can anyone counter that? That's why I think BB is the endgame boss in OP.
By... punching him. It's actually nice that his fruit includes the huge weakness that he is taking much more damage than usually and thus can't just run into everything without pain and possible injuries. And there are plenty of powers one can imagine that could go around the fruit's effects - and as usual a sniper. Shoot him from a kilometre away when he isn't expecting it and he's toast.

By... punching him. It's actually nice that his fruit includes the huge weakness that he is taking much more damage than usually and thus can't just run into everything without pain and possible injuries. And there are plenty of powers one can imagine that could go around the fruit's effects - and as usual a sniper. Shoot him from a kilometre away when he isn't expecting it and he's toast.
I actually like that oda set that up early. He made the guy op but with a glaring weakness. So when he finally is beaten we aren't left thinking its bs.

Majukun

wait..you asked about an attack from akainu to someone else,not someone attacking akainu

haki makes you attack "the user real body",so yes,if luffy throws a punch to akainu,the part that comes in cotnact with his fist would turn back into flash and bones and thus hurt akainu...

but that doesn't mean that if akainu dumps a bunch of magma on luffy,he is gonna ruvive it thanks to haki,since defensively speaking,all it does it's make you harder

i never found blackbeard that OP..actually i thought that in a fight ,if we count before marineford..luffy would have had a fair chance to beat him,mainly because luffy it's strong thanks to his training,not his fruit..even if Teach grabs him,he is still at punching distance from guy able to split two houses from a still position,that without counting the fact that BB takes double damage from attacks (or at least feels 2 times the pain,if that translates to damage too has never been fully explained),puts him at a bit of a predicament.
Also Teach is slow...as in "never dodged a single attack in the entire series" kind of slow...so he would have needed to catch luffy first..and that was another problem for him given how fast is luffy at g2 speed

of course with the acquisition of the gura gura things change quite a bit...now not only teach has obtain a pretty good power up in terms of pure raw power (something he had to begin with),but also his attacks have now immense range and so he can technically catch opponents more fast than him just by spamming gura-fists

MCD

Doesn't matter what type you got. All about how you use it.

Most Logia users are just over confident.

RomanceDawn

Haki does give protection to most any devil fruit ability one way or another, at least as far as we've seen. Of course it's pretty likely that the heat or cold would still be felt during a fight but what ever damaging effects it would have would be reduced by a lot. It is because of this that guys like Marco and Vista could cut into Akainu and not ruin their feet or weapons. Same with shanks blocking the magma fist with his sword and it not getting ruined.

Punk Hazard is absolutely the result of Awakening.

And there should be plenty of CoA wielding Logia examples with Smoker and Sabo if we want to look deeper into it.

Though I think the question on some folks minds is about Logia users shooting a massive lightning bolt, icicle, laser beam or magma fist that can be imbued with Haki. I'm going to say yes, especially with the abilities that have a more solid form like magma or ice. With the more energy based projectiles like light or electricity I think Boa is a good example.

Boa's Love powers didn't work on Luffy completely but her pistol kiss did. Bullets don't hurt Luffy and because of his nature he doesn't get petrified by love but the pistol kiss was 1 for 2. Her Pistol Kiss magically forms a heart out of nothing and it's fired like a bullet. If it was just love, nothing should have happened but since it was coated in Haki, Luffy questioned why it hurt him in the at all. Not to mention this was all done at a time when we were really teased and given a lot of explanation about Haki for the first time.

Also it's not Color of Arms but Eneru does use his electricity to enhance his Color of Observation.

Oh and about the "real body" thing. It's not literal. If Akainu turns into a big magma wave and you Haki punch any of the connected parts you can hurt him unless he actively guards it. The Magma could be 40 feet high and 40 feet wide but making contact doesn't turn the logia back to normal for a second or anything like that.

Error

I wonder if we'll get a Water Logia DF or if it even exists. Water seems like Magma's natural enemy, it'll just cool Akainu's magma turning it to stone, right... Right?

Well it definitely hardens you, we've seen people use it to stop blades. But magma is just so incessantly hot, I bet it'd heat through haki pretty fast.

Idk seems..op? I wanna say. Like o shoot enel's shooting lightning at my hand let me coat it with haki and block? Ehhh

haki just makes you harder..things like heat would still have effects

Makes sense, can't wait to see some awakened Logia users go at it.

It's actually funny how Crocodile essentially 'awakened' his fruit and we were exposed to that so early on. He easily could change an environment into a desert wasteland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom