• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might have been better if the focus of the upcoming character backstory arc was Brook. I mean, we don't know specifically what he did before he became a pirate so there's some potential there.

No, I mean the Laboon stuff will have to come up eventually and I feel like we have enough backstory about Brook already but the dude just hasn't done anything memorable or earned his "moment" like the rest of the crew. The setup is there with his soul severing tech he learned that is his Devil Fruit's real ability, and then he immediately got sidelined for 100 chapters and before the Timeskip they went to Shabondy and got wrecked so he didn't do anything there either.

I've never seen a scene with Brook in it that made me go "Yes, this man is a Strawhat." Everyone else has had multiple of those moments. Brook has had zero.

No, I mean the Laboon stuff will have to come up eventually and I feel like we have enough backstory about Brook already but the dude just hasn't done anything memorable or earned his "moment" like the rest of the crew. The setup is there with his soul severing tech he learned that is his Devil Fruit's real ability, and then he immediately got sidelined for 100 chapters.
Truth of the matter is not counting luffy(main character) zoro,franky and usopp need to have a seat for awhile. These 3 have shined very brightly between punk hazard and dressrosa. Nami,chopper,brook(especially these 3),robin and sanji need some new world love(obviously sanjis time is now!

ffdgh

It's the strings on clouds, they established this. He's basically swinging from the clouds like Spider-Man

Yeah I know that but his hands...body...whatever wasn't giving the impression of that like when he was flying to punkhazard. Just zooming around in the sky like nothing lol.

Magwik

Banned
7f78459d4ae3ad5144db4c4bb425213e.gif

RomanceDawn

No, I mean the Laboon stuff will have to come up eventually and I feel like we have enough backstory about Brook already but the dude just hasn't done anything memorable or earned his "moment" like the rest of the crew. The setup is there with his soul severing tech he learned that is his Devil Fruit's real ability, and then he immediately got sidelined for 100 chapters and before the Timeskip they went to Shabondy and got wrecked so he didn't do anything there either.

I've never seen a scene with Brook in it that made me go "Yes, this man is a Strawhat." Everyone else has had multiple of those moments. Brook has had zero.

I do agree for the most part but aside from the fights I thought Brook had some great speeches after the time skip. Him announcing the return of Straw Hat Luffy along with his little dialogue about death to the New Fishman Pirates was great.

Every time he does fight I love it, it's just too bad he hasn't had any 1on1's since Ryuma and that Wobegong Fishman. Hopefully Oda delivers on his promise that the Straw Hats who were left out of Dressrosa will get plenty of moments to shine this year. He also once said that the song Bink's Sake will be very important to the story some day. Hopefully that along with the "certain kingdom" he worked for and his reason for becoming a pirate are explored some day.

Josh Martin's Buu voice = Pica

Is he still voice acting? I thought he was recast in BoG.

Luffy's arm definitely didn't stretch THAT far in the manga, lawd.

But was it still 72 gomu gomus?

Yeah I agree, even moments like Luffy punching Bellamy or Luffy punching the Tenryuubito had way more impact in the manga.

No way. The anime completely nailed that punch. He got the color knocked out of him and you can see his face caving in and distorting from the blow.
216299dz.gif

Majukun

the more I see g4,the more I like it because it actually makes sense, as opposed to g3 which doesn't make any sense and works on cartoon logic alone.. too bad the king Kong gun it's basically g3 applied to g4...so it still sucks

Kornflayx

Am I the only one who hates that Luffy's answer to Rayleighs "think of something better than G4 because it uses too much Haki" is Luffy using even more Haki with the King Kong Gun? Come on Luffy, you're better than that

Magwik

Banned
Am I the only one who hates that Luffy's answer to Rayleighs "think of something better than G4 because it uses too much Haki" is Luffy using even more Haki with the King Kong Gun? Come on Luffy, you're better than that
Nah. He's taking the best advantages of 2&3 to make 4 as powerful as it is.

GhostBed

I don't know that Rayleigh explicitly mentions Haki, I think he was just saying that Gear Fourth is too big of a toll on his body so he encouraged him to figure out a quick one-hit-KO move. I don't think the King Kong Gun uses all that much Haki. Luffy had only gotten back a fraction of his haki when he finally used it against Doffy.

Majukun

Lmao of course ANN decides to half-spoil the chapter right before Viz releases it.

Do we know for sure that it's "Vinsmoke"?

definitely is the same series of sounds...how it's written in romaji depends on various things,like what lenguages oda was thinking about..much like with the whole shiryu/shiliew debacle..same sounding name,different translitteration

but since vinsmoke contains both the word vin (wine in french) and smoke,it's possible that this is the correct one.

DKHF

Lmao of course ANN decides to half-spoil the chapter right before Viz releases it.

Do we know for sure that it's "Vinsmoke"?
I don't think we will know for sure that it's Vinsmoke until Oda writes it out in a chapter, but all translators that I've seen so far have used it so it seems likely. Though maybe Viz will go with something different.

Squishy3

It really only got to its current level in Dressrosa, and that's mainly because of the pacing where you're looking at these terrible parts for what feels like an eternity. At least episode of Dressrosa should look pretty nice, the touched up stuff in Episode of Sabo looked pretty good

i'd go and find the tv broadcast versions of the luffy vs don chinjao cuts i picked but the entire fight is the length of one episode of one piece

https://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/16980/animated-debris-effects-fighting-liquid-one_piece-.

https://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/16981/animated-debris-effects-fighting-liquid-one_piece-

https://sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/16986/animated-artist_unknown-effects-explosions-fightin versus https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2dY3epxzjc&ab_channel=EverydayEvilGuy look at how much more detailed the meteorite is in the episode of sabo cut, as well as how ridiculous it seems when everyone does their thing in 8 seconds

Lunar15

There is one more possibility that people aren't really discussing: What if there's another person that just happens to look like Sanji with the name Sanji. A prince and the pauper type deal. Then, when the bounty poster was released, someone influential saw his face and went, "oh no, that's my son!" and asked for him alive.

I don't think this is the case, but it is another possibility we're not exploring.

There is one more possibility that people aren't really discussing: What if there's another person that just happens to look like Sanji with the name Sanji. A prince and the pauper type deal. Then, when the bounty poster was released, someone influential saw his face and went, "oh no, that's my son!" and asked for him alive.

I don't think this is the case, but it is another possibility we're not exploring.
O god plz no! Thats essentially a duval situation but just twisted alil.

Where would the real son be? Seems a lot more complicated if we look at it that way.

What if it's the reverse of that situation? Sanji is the real son but swapped places with a kitchen chore boy?

Lunar15

Where would the real son be? Seems a lot more complicated if we look at it that way.

Running away from an arranged marriage. Rich noble person is frantically looking for his son named Sanji, sees the wanted poster, and goes, "oh, that's him! He's been calling himself black leg sanji! Go get him!"

smurfx

get some go again
i think i want sanji's family to be the most powerful underworld family in the one piece world. i want them to have several connections to the celestials so sanji can later on take control of it all and use that power to aid the strawhats. sanji's boast about being the most troublesome one in the crew would then come true.

i think i want sanji's family to be the most powerful underworld family in the one piece world. i want them to have several connections to the celestials so sanji can later on take control of it all and use that power to aid the strawhats. sanji's boast about being the most troublesome one in the crew would then come true.
If any of this happened you guys just know that gives me too much bragging power tho lol

smurfx

get some go again
If any of this happened you guys just know that gives me too much bragging power tho lol
sanji just being the son of a celestial would be too lame. i want his family to be the one piece version of the zoldycks. with that said i really want sanji to be at the reverie but i'm not sure it's going to happen now.

sanji just being the son of a celestial would be too lame. i want his family to be the one piece version of the zoldycks. with that said i really want sanji to be at the reverie but i'm not sure it's going to happen now.
I doubt he's just a son of a celestial. I said a couple pages back i think his family is probably some big underground mob type deal. It fits and it make more sense why his family is ok with him marrying in a pirates family

Welfare

Sanji being from a powerful Underworld family would make the clash between him and Dofla just a bit more impactful. A heavenly being versus a devil.

smurfx

get some go again
i wonder if the celestials ever put out hits on each other. they can't all get along but who would be the ones to do it? it has to be somebody from within mariejoa who would not face the wrath of the marines. could be that sanji's family are the ones the celestials turn to for this kinda stuff.

Im a firm believer sanjis family are some underground mob style royalty or something. I mean why mix capone of all people with big mom?! Because he fits entirety with that mob theme. Im calling it now when all is said nd done sanji vs capone will happen!

smurfx

get some go again
Im a firm believer sanjis family are some underground mob style royalty or something. I mean why mix capone of all people with big mom?! Because he fits entirety with that mob theme. Im calling it now when all is said nd done sanji vs capone will happen!
what if capone really works for sanji's family? maybe they are planning to do something against her and are going to use sanji to do it. nobody but capone can allow powerful people to get as close to big mom. imagine capone hiding some admirals and a bunch of vice admirals inside him and then letting them escape and attacking big mom when she least suspects it. big mom is currently the only emperor who doesn't seem to be planning something or is having an alliance form against them. we haven't seen the new admiral and maybe whole cake island is where he/she makes an appearance.

what if capone really works for sanji's family? maybe they are planning to do something against her and are going to use sanji to do it. nobody but capone can allow powerful people to get as close to big mom. imagine capone hiding some admirals and a bunch of vice admirals inside him and then letting them escape and attacking big mom when she least suspects it. big mom is currently the only emperor who doesn't seem to be planning something or is having an alliance form against them. we haven't seen the new admiral and maybe whole cake island is where he/she makes an appearance.
Ooooo i hadn't thought of that?! Actually Capone is legit a threat you have no idea what he has in him(haha). A secret inside job(wink) would be easy for someone like him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom