• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
From the general manga thread, here's Oda's contribution to Dragon Ball's 30th anniversary.

CZJQP9rUgAAD9Z6.jpg

Very odd choice of tribute.

The rest here.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Haters gonna hate, one piece is great,sanji haters have no place in this debate,anyone hating on sanji will not be served their plate
Stay tuned for Sanji's fire mixtape

Diable jambe:hell's memories II

Wet dream(featuring shirahoshi and the mermaid
100 things to do with food
Rock your soul(featuring soul king)
Dreams and okamas
DOZ(death of zoro)featuring tashigi
Biggest threat(featuring kuma)

All beats made by Franky

I made that post especially for you :)

Also, when the hell did you get a tag?
Lol in the dbz thread. Gotens my favorite and im always saying he will be relevant and what not it was glorious

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Bonney's fruit is so OP. Forget Law's, wouldn't Bonney's technically make you immortal way more efficiently, without restrictions?

IT's probably that she can only age herself superficially. IE: Her cells and organs and skeleton still age.

No, this doesn't make sense, either, but we're talking about a manga starring a rubber man :p

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Diable jambe:hell's memories edition

I dont love these hoes
All blue
Fuc boy Moss head
Recipes
Meat(featuring luffy)
MOE(featuring nami)
What i do with them hands(featuring robin)
Smoke
200.gif

Perfection

Korosenai

I would just like to remind everyone here, because I'm sure you all forgot just like I did, but Burgess is still on the Revolutionary Army island.

I would just like to remind everyone here, because I'm sure you all forgot just like I did, but Burgess is still on the Revolutionary Army island.

yeah and also is there a possibility Jinbei will be there where Sanji is being taken to. Oh BTW I think Sanji is the 3rd son so he has 2 older brothers. Lets start finding people with blonde hair to name!! Hahahaha

RomanceDawn

Too big to forget. Between every major arc we always get big world building setups. It's impossible to forget the Black Beards intending to ambush the Revolutionaries.

yeah and also is there a possibility Jinbei will be there where Sanji is being taken to. Oh BTW I think Sanji is the 3rd son so he has 2 older brothers. Lets start finding people with blonde hair to name!! Hahahaha

Jinbe is where Sanji is going, 100% no doubt! Hip hip hooray!!!!

Chariot

Manly determination. The revelation of what we already suspected.

Sanji's Wanted poster shows "Only Alive"
Brook get's triggered by Sanji's family name
The strawhats remember that he was originally from the North Blue and had to go a very long way to get to the East Blue in the first place.
He trusts that Luffy will be the Pirate King
He'll be back.

Anteater

That Sanji smile

It's the kind of smile a character has before he meet his end.

I hope Brook will talk about what he know about Vinsmoke next chapter since he's the first one to be crying and saying he might not be coming back, Sanji could be in some fucked up family

GhostBed

Seems like a great chapter but it's hard to tell with this abysmal translation. I'll wait a few hours before speculating. I'd especially like to see a different translation of that note.

Dugna

One thing from this chapter I completely didnt think about was the
north blue part.
I always kinda just thought "ohh thats interesting" and thats it.

North blue seems to have a lot of European influence but it's hard to work out themes.

Brook - Austrian/German we are told.
Sanji - French we are told.
Law - I think Flevance is supposed to be Italian like Florence.
Montblanc Norland - Lvneel could be French based on his name and Sanji seems familiar with the story.

Dressrosa is the Spanish island but it's in the new world. And Nami is supposed to be Swedish.

You also can't ignore Mariejois being a French name.

Chariot

North blue seems to have a lot of European influence but it's hard to work out themes.

Brook - Austrian/German we are told.
Sanji - French we are told.
Law - I think Flevance is supposed to be Italian like Florence.
Montblanc Norland - Lvneel could be French based on his name and Sanji seems familiar with the story.

Dressrosa is the Spanish island but it's in the new world. And Nami is supposed to be Swedish.

You also can't ignore Mariejois being a French name.
I don't think it works that way. Way I see it, the world is thematically all over the place, islands have very isolated themes to the greater region.

marmoka

Banned
Now I've got even more questions than last week about what the hell is going on.

I need all answers.

By now, I only know that
Sanji is a member of an important family, and he knows all about his family. In the beginning, I thought he had amnesia or something like that, apparently not.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Oda and his Editors werent kidding around with those Supernovas...they all have quite the OP Devil Fruits.

Good Chapter. Finally Sanjis time to shine.

I remember reading about the red line thing Brook mentioned. Was it a theory?

And i should say, i'm hyped again for One Piece. All this misterious stuff is getting me pumped up.

Chariot

I remember reading about the red line thing Brook mentioned. Was it a theory?
Absolutely, less than a theory, it were facts based on what we were told by the manga. Remember that the Blues are not really connected and that Reverse Mountain where all blues lead to only flows into the Grandline. One would need to cross the Redline to get from North to East. The moment Sanji mentioned he was from the North Blue fans had their ears up, because he was obviously in the East Blue for a while when Luffy met him. So people already speculated early on how he got there.

050WHYZ.png

And people actually got early on on his noble heritage, as usual, everything was always there, put there by Goda.

daveo42

Banned
I don't think I've ever been as hyped for a Tea Party as I am for this one. Year of Sanji is gonna be great, especially after the other half of the crew has been MIA for far too long. Hoping Brook has the 411 on Sanji's family.

In the span of one chapter
Sanji proclaimed luffy pirate king(love when the crew does it)

Admitted he knew along about his family

Managed to flip the situation into his favor so he wasn't a hostage after all(thank god)

Showed some good observation haki

Saved his crewmates

All while leaving a sanji style note haha

Wheres the one that called him a jobber again

Chariot

It was also great that we already saw the weakness of Capone, not being able to concentrate on outside and inside at once, having to sacrifice his supremacy on the inside when he is busy outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom