• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Brook knows what's up. He'll probably drop one hell of an exposition dump next week involving the Vinsmokes.
They don't sound like Celestial Dragons, but they clearly have a lot of pull in the World Government.
Ooh, I'm getting all excited.

KageZero

Great chapter overall but the wait is killing...Sanji said the same thing as zoro did before his sacrifice on thriller bark.
I just hope the next chapters will focus on sanji, mabye the next one explaining his family backgorund(maybe brook will tell it to the other members) and after that i hope it goes back to sanji.

Luigi87

Gotta love it when Sanji gets his awesome moments. Really good chapter, enjoyed it a lot more than other recent ones. This Sanji story is so refreshing after over two years of Dressrosa, lol

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Brook knows what's up. He'll probably drop one hell of an exposition dump next week involving the Vinsmokes.
They don't sound like Celestial Dragons, but they clearly have a lot of pull in the World Government.
Ooh, I'm getting all excited.

If Brook knows who they are then they must have been around for a long time.

Syntsui

His family has leverage with the WG and a Yonkou. They may not be celestial dragons or even nobles, but they are of the utmost importance to the world of One Piece.

I personally think they are nobles, considering Sanji finesse, but even then, they must hold something important. Maybe one of the weapons?

convo

Absolutely, less than a theory, it were facts based on what we were told by the manga. Remember that the Blues are not really connected and that Reverse Mountain where all blues lead to only flows into the Grandline. One would need to cross the Redline to get from North to East. The moment Sanji mentioned he was from the North Blue fans had their ears up, because he was obviously in the East Blue for a while when Luffy met him. So people already speculated early on how he got there.

050WHYZ.png

And people actually got early on on his noble heritage, as usual, everything was always there, put there by Goda.

Yeah people said Sanji could have only gone through Mariejoa and not Fishman Island to cross the Redline since he never saw Mermaids before that.

Syntsui

It can't be stated enough how much of a genius Goda is, the fact that Sanji has never seen a mermaid before should have no importance whatsoever, but look at it now.

Yeah people said Sanji could have only gone through Mariejoa and not Fishman Island to cross the Redline since he never saw Mermaids before that.

I imagine that Sanji would have crossed the red line at a completely different point though. Pretty sure Mariejois and FI being the only crossing points only applies if you're crossing from the grand line

Absolutely, less than a theory, it were facts based on what we were told by the manga. Remember that the Blues are not really connected and that Reverse Mountain where all blues lead to only flows into the Grandline. One would need to cross the Redline to get from North to East. The moment Sanji mentioned he was from the North Blue fans had their ears up, because he was obviously in the East Blue for a while when Luffy met him. So people already speculated early on how he got there.

050WHYZ.png

And people actually got early on on his noble heritage, as usual, everything was always there, put there by Goda.

I've wondered for a while now why the marines don't just set up a base or something at Reverse Mountain. They do it at Fishman Island for pirates going into the New World but most pirates are weaker when just entering the Grand Line and it's nowhere near as spacious so it would be difficult for them to escape.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I've wondered for a while now why the marines don't just set up a base or something at Reverse Mountain. They do it at Fishman Island for pirates going into the New World but most pirates are weaker when just entering the Grand Line and it's nowhere near as spacious so it would be difficult for them to escape.

I'm guessing most of their resources are stuck in the New World dealing with the big names so they can't afford it. Besides, the Grand Line itself takes care of most of the pirates for them.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, what you're describing was basically Smoker's job when we first met him.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
In the span of one chapter
Sanji proclaimed luffy pirate king(love when the crew does it)

Admitted he knew along about his family

Managed to flip the situation into his favor so he wasn't a hostage after all(thank god)

Showed some good observation haki

Saved his crewmates

All while leaving a sanji style note haha

Wheres the one that called him a jobber again

Hey even Yamcha got to shine here and there. :p

I'm actually hype tho, can't wait to read it when I get home.

Lunar15

I'm guessing most of their resources are stuck in the New World dealing with the big names so they can't afford it. Besides, the Grand Line itself takes care of most of the pirates for them.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, what you're describing was basically Smoker's job when we first met him.

Not to mention, that's also what Baroque Works focused on: targeting weak pirates freshly entering the Grand Line.

jbug617

Banned
In the span of one chapter
Sanji proclaimed luffy pirate king(love when the crew does it)

Admitted he knew along about his family

Managed to flip the situation into his favor so he wasn't a hostage after all(thank god)

Showed some good observation haki

Saved his crewmates

All while leaving a sanji style note haha

Wheres the one that called him a jobber again

His fiance going to be a Zoro fan girl

Jigolo

Shit I nearly teared up because this has so much potential to be great. This is just flashbacks for me and I fucking love Sanji as a character

Luffy is gonna be pissed. Fuuuuuuuuuuck me for thinking about Water 7/ ennies lobby, robin arc.

If it's anywhere near as good as that arc I will cry. It is the goat

Goda does it again

Man this is really building up to be something big. Sanji's family definitely seems to be more crime family then noble at least from the way ti sounds. Also him crossing over from North Blue to East Blue definitely sounds like a story on its own.

Also, this arc seems to be heavily hinting that Luffy is facing off against Big Mom first.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Man this is really building up to be something big. Sanji's family definitely seems to be more crime family then noble at least from the way ti sounds. Also him crossing over from North Blue to East Blue definitely sounds like a story on its own.

Also, this arc seems to be heavily hinting that Luffy is facing off against Big Mom first.

Yea, no way Luffy doesn't go for Big Mom right now. Sanji's been kidnapped and Luffy isn't the sort of dude who would let that stand.

Nibel

I love how the North Blue part - that was talked about in here and other OP fansites re: Sanji and his past - is now referenced by Oda; I mean how long ago was that?

Really getting more and more endgame vibes from OP

convo

I imagine that Sanji would have crossed the red line at a completely different point though. Pretty sure Mariejois and FI being the only crossing points only applies if you're crossing from the grand line

I sure as hell would like to know where those are and if such a thing is even mentioned in the Manga. I remain confused at the geography of things.

It seems like it could be Sanji's impel down instead of an Enies Lobby type situation. Zoro gonna be all like, "if he can't sort something small out like this himself then he doesn't deserve to a member of your crew." Then Law is going to be like, "yo dudes did you realise that Kaidou's main fleet is here and they look angry by the way did you know that I don't like bread." Sanji and Caesar are going on a buddy film adventure.

Great chapter overall but the wait is killing...Sanji said the same thing as zoro did before his sacrifice on thriller bark.

His is sacrificing himself to let Nami & the others go. Someone also pointed out these pictures to me, I'm a bit iffy. If this is the same smile & Sanji lives............

FdwRU43.png

tumblr_static_3oku2soznqck0s04gwo0k4o0w.jpg

Sanji is the best. It seems like he may actually be a world noble.
It's possible. I kind of thought they were going to reveal that, if even with a few words. It's interesting that the same has meaning but they didn't specify. I'm going to say since he was born in North blue that a world noble family would have been on the Red Line instead but that's just speculation. I think they are some kind a powerful family but maybe not World Noble.

Syntsui

It seems like it could be Sanji's impel down instead of an Enies Lobby type situation. Zoro gonna be all like, "if he can't sort something small out like this himself then he doesn't deserve to a member of your crew." Then Law is going to be like, "yo dudes did you realise that Kaidou's main fleet is here and they look angry by the way did you know that I don't like bread." Sanji and Caesar are going on a buddy film adventure.

Zoro would be the first one to go after Sanji if he feels that he is in a tight situation. Come on.

Qurupeke

It's possible. I kind of thought they were going to reveal that, if even with a few words. It's interesting that the same has meaning but they didn't specify. I'm going to say since he was born in North blue that a world noble family would have been on the Red Line instead but that's just speculation. I think they are some kind a powerful family but maybe not World Noble.

Yeah, I guess you're right. Still, it seems that Sanji's family is very powerful if they can change wanted posters and make an agreement with Big Mom. I wonder if any of the Gorosei is part of his family, if he's not a world noble.

Kreed

One Piece 813:

Sanji rescue arc it is then. Although I doubt we'll go right into it since things still have to be settled with Zou and the samurais. I can already imagine Luffy going "Let's go save Sanji" and then the next panel the Samurais showing up saying something along the lines of "Hey guys, we're the Samurai's and friends of the Straw Hats, what's going on?" and everything going to hell from there.

I can't imagine Sanji coming from a family of bubble helmet people, but then again, neither did Doflamingo so hopefully Sanji's family has better designs.

Oh shit. This chapter was pretty tense. I'm happy that the marriage wasn't treated like a gag, but it's actually some serious shit that Sanji knows only the Vinsmoke family would pull.

Very surprised to see the comment from Sanji about being born in North Blue make its way back to the present. Brook must know something about the journey over the Red Line. I assume only the wealthiest families could afford a trek of that magnitude.

I don't think this will be your cut&dry "rescue arc". Sanji seems intent on solving this matter by himself and returning to the crew, and a few chapters ago, it looked like Luffy doesn't seem worried about Sanji handling personal matters on his own.

Great chapter for the Year of Sanji.

RomanceDawn

While it could be nothing, we might be able to see our first glimpse of Big Mom's cookie people. Of course this is assuming Oda wouldn't have her eat a flesh and blood crew member. I believe she has her own army of strangeness(zombies, toys, etc) and that little stick figure like kid on the invitation is one of them. An army of ginger bread men.

They could come in all kinds of shapes and sizes as well. The one in the invitation looks to be as big as a tea cup. Smaller than the little people of Green Bit even. Of course that could be Big Mom's personal tea cup and we know she's gargantuan.

I really want for the anime series to be good again.

Was the series that got me into anime properly when I started watching it as a 14 year old. The state it is in now, besides the awesome 10 minutes of the last episode, really makes me sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom