• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

I'm a fairly big apologist but I'd say that the anime is unequivocally better until the end of Amazon Lily.
I watched until Impel Down and then gave up. Ace's death was spoiled for me and the pace was killing me in that arc so I just bought all the volumes that were out and read the series in manga form and kept continuing until I was fully caught up...

I don't know if any of you folks follow Rogersbase, but he posted a theory that Bellamy might be one of Sanji's brothers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMyxphhPLHY
Sanji and Bellamy both revealed that they were from the North Blue in the same chapter.
Part of his reasoning is that Bellamy's scar might be because he cut himself trying to remove his curly brows, but in the Dressrosa flashback he doesn't have them anyway.

I don't think they are brothers, but they might know each other.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Did Sanji ever interact with Bellamy?

Cwarrior

Cwarrior is the ultimate Toei stan. I think they could run a single frame of Luffy picking his nose for 20 minutes and he would still say how great it was

Am very vocal when it comes to criticize any studio including Toei(like the recent db super episodes), I don't really care about most anime studio(i think there mostly all bad) but am a fan of some of the episode directors and other animation talent at toei.

Did Sanji ever interact with Bellamy?

No. Only straw hats that have directly come in contact with him are Luffy, Zoro and Nami afaik.

I can't remember much about Mock Town, but Sanji and Usopp were on the ship when Luffy/Zoro were standing their ground in the bar. Dressrosa, big mom happened so.....

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
More crazy foreshadowing:

latest

Sanji's face is turned away from the camera.

Majukun

Luffy is going to "destroy" fishman island. What's above fishman island?

Ice and Ice, would be an interesting development.

again,what would that accomplish?
for being the final objective of the manga it sure doesn't have a lot of weight behind it..nobody has expressed concern in regard to the geography of the onepiece world and how the 4 blues are separated from each other..would have that been a focal point,the theory would have had merit..but as things stay now..it's a solution of a non-existent problem.

hunnies28

My Sanji fanfic theory:

As everybody is guessing, Sanji is a prince, from a small peaceful kingdom.

World nobles buy/take over the land for some childish reason. (Maybe related to cooking!?)

King of said kingdom has no balls. Basically submits. Queen basically runs the country.

Sanji being a child in some way offends a dumb noble. Noble gets mad and wants retribution but since he actually has the hots for the queen he only wants to hit him a million times.Queen manages to buy time.

Queen arranges for Sanji's escape (king has no balls and does nothing ). Noble finds out so instead will punish queen by hitting her a lot in front of the king (Sanji also witness from a safe place) who does nothing.

Sanji is still not aware that it was the nobles who did this.

End of fan fic.

GhostBed

Bellamy and friends will probably just be one of those Oda "easter eggs" in the flashback for Sanji

I agree. I can't see them being brothers, but maybe they lived in the same town when they were kids or something.

Hoping to get a really good moment between Zoro and Sanji this arc. Zoro has been consistently expressing faith in Sanji's ability to handle himself. We may finally here Zoro say Sanji's real name.

for being the final objective of the manga it sure doesn't have a lot of weight behind it..nobody has expressed concern in regard to the geography of the onepiece world and how the 4 blues are separated from each other..would have that been a focal point,the theory would have had merit..but as things stay now..it's a solution of a non-existent problem.
It's a problem when you think about who it is that lives on the Red Line and has free access to all seas.

Lol came in to see theories about Bellamy being sanjis brother? Wasn't bellamy doflamingo's brother when dressrosas started to alot of people? Now sanjis father is the blonde gorosei guy even tho he waa also supposed to be mingos father lol.

People just jump on anybody with blonde hair

Lol came in to see theories about Bellamy being sanjis brother? Wasn't bellamy doflamingo's brother when dressrosas started to alot of people? Now sanjis father is the blonde gorosei guy even tho he waa also supposed to be mingos father lol.

People just jump on anybody with blonde hair
I agree, but the main base of it is that Sanji and Bellamy have conveniently never interacted and also both come from North Blue.

I wonder if their obsession with women is the same :p
Lmao that would be gold! Ooo but what if they treat them all differently? Like one brother acts like a complete dick to them no problem hitting them?,treats them like trash? While the other just doesn't care for them at all on some senior pink status lol.

IHaveIce

Banned

Fishmen want to see the sun directly. Redline would unite the seas (possible allblue) would grant Luffy's ultimate freedom to sail where he wants.
It would destroy the base of the main enemy of the manga.

Don't know I don't say I believe in the theory but saying there is no worth in doing it is wrong,

Majukun

It's a problem when you think about who it is that lives on the Red Line and has free access to all seas.
and nobody ever expressed the desire to travel to other blues, or said it's a problem not being able to travel freely.. that without counting that civilians CAN travel between the blues.. but it's an expensive process.. but it would be expensive anyway.. we are still talking about traveling the globe.. it's a long process whenever there's the grand line in the way or not.
Fishmen want to see the sun directly.
that means that they want to be able to live among men.. not that they wanna destroy what's effectively a continent.

Redline would unite the seas (possible allblue) would grant Luffy's ultimate freedom to sail where he wants.
It would destroy the base of the main enemy of the manga.
again, luffy has never expressed delusion in not being able to visit the other blues, he wants adventure, and the grand line has plenty of it.
for the destroying marijoa part.. it would also kill thousands if not millions of people in the process.. sure they are tebryuubito, but I doubt Oda is gonna say OK to mass murder like that.. and that is only if by destroying the red line, you mean only the part that intersects with the grand line.. because the red line extends to all the globe, and it's bound to have other cities on it other than marijoa
Don't know I don't say I believe in the theory but saying there is no worth in doing it is wrong,
I'm not saying it's 200% sure it's bullshit either.. but for a theory that got that much traction on the Web, sure seems to be extremely unrelated to the actual problems presented in the manga, as I said, it's the answer to a question nobody asked

Part of his reasoning is that Bellamy's scar might be because he cut himself trying to remove his curly brows, but in the Dressrosa flashback he doesn't have them anyway.

I don't think they are brothers, but they might know each other.

I don't think it's likely either. It's possible that the Vinsmokes might reside in Nortis and Bellamy's family could have been rivals of the Vinsmoke family.

and nobody ever expressed the desire to travel to other blues, or said it's a problem not being able to travel freely.. that without counting that civilians CAN travel between the blues.. but it's an expensive process.. but it would be expensive anyway.. we are still talking about traveling the globe.. it's a long process whenever there's the grand line in the way or not. that means that they want to be able to live among men.. not that they wanna destroy what's effectively a continent.

again, luffy has never expressed delusion in not being able to visit the other blues, he wants adventure, and the grand line has plenty of it.
for the destroying marijoa part.. it would also kill thousands if not millions of people in the process.. sure they are tebryuubito, but I doubt Oda is gonna say OK to mass murder like that.. and that is only if by destroying the red line, you mean only the part that intersects with the grand line.. because the red line extends to all the globe, and it's bound to have other cities on it other than marijoa

I'm not saying it's 200% sure it's bullshit either.. but for a theory that got that much traction on the Web, sure seems to be extremely unrelated to the actual problems presented in the manga, as I said, it's the answer to a question nobody asked
Alright. I'm going to be as explicit as possible from here on out.

Here are the facts:
-Luffy is going to destroy fishman island.
-Queen Otohime desired for merfolk and fishmen to rise from below the depths and live among the surface races.
-The giant ark, the Noah, was created to fulfill a certain promise in the future.
-The Red Line separates all seas and towers high above every person, place, and thing in the One Piece world.
-In chapter 813, Brook reminds us that a journey from North to East blue requires credentials, mirroring the fact that only those of marine, government, or noble status can traverse the Red Line.
-An ordinary person could not travel to the other seas without the clearance, or risking their lives at Reverse Mountain.
-The World Nobles live in Mariejois, the capital of the World Government and one of the primary antagonists of this series.
-The World Nobles are assholes.
-Fisher Tiger climbed the Red Line and assaulted Mariejois because the WG and Nobles are assholes.
-In chapter 100, Monkey D. Dragon stated that "the world awaits our answer", suggesting that the opposing force to the World Government, the Revolutionaries, are planning much more than simple skirmishes and battles opposing the WG.

Let's break this down.

The argument of destroying the Red Line was never about making it easier to travel to other seas. The Red Line is synonymous with the overwhelming power that the WG and Nobles of the One Piece World hold over everyone else. They live on a giant ass continent separated and segregated from everyone else. This is about ending their reign, and I'm surprised you don't see how it's entirely related to the problems of the One Piece world. The Revolutionary subplot, the World Government, the Void Century, and Luffy hearing "the voice of all things" are all integral aspects of this story which basically means that Luffy WILL be going up against the WG at some point. We already know he's going to destroy Fishman Island, and like I tried to mention before, Mariejois is directly above. The Noah is clearly an ark, and from its namesake (Noah, as per the biblical story) we can clearly deduce that it's going to be transporting people to safety.

Who says Luffy is going to kill millions of people? We have no idea what Mariejois is like, not even accounting for how Oda will decide to tell this part of the story. We also don't know whether ALL of the Red Line is in jeopardy. I would assume at minimum the section where Mariejois exists is toast.

Whether you like it or not, and regardless of whether someone has flat out said "gee whiz, I wish the red line was gone!", it's going to happen. Mark this post.

Furthermore, terms like "All Blue" and "One Piece" foreshadow some great unification that's going to happen. It makes too much sense.

I don't think it's likely either. It's possible that the Vinsmokes might reside in Nortis and Bellamy's family could have been rivals of the Vinsmoke family.
Very possible. I think not showing them together during Jaya AND Dresrossa must be for some reason.

Majukun

Alright. I'm going to be as explicit as possible from here on out.

Here are the facts:
-Luffy is going to destroy fishman island.
-Queen Otohime desired for merfolk and fishmen to rise from below the depths and live among the surface races.
-The giant ark, the Noah, was created to fulfill a certain promise in the future.
true enough
-The Red Line separates all seas and towers high above every person, place, and thing in the One Piece world.
it's like saying that the everest towers every living creature in the rreal world..it's just a continent,and not an imposing presence..at least in the manga..
-In chapter 813, Brook reminds us that a journey from North to East blue requires credentials, mirroring the fact that only those of marine, government, or noble status can traverse the Red Line.
you are adding a lot of things that aren't there...brook didn't talk about credentials,he said it's a difficult journey that someone doesn't do "just because",and that's something we already know since to travel you have to discard your ship and take one on the other side..that's a lot of effort and money to do for normal people (since,like we know,even used ships in onepiece cost at least 100 mln bely,or at least those were the galley-la prices)
-An ordinary person could not travel to the other seas without the clearance, or risking their lives at Reverse Mountain.
never read that anywhere really..the only guys who asked for clearance from marijoa were noland and his crew,and it was to travel to he grand line,not to cross the red line...nothing has ever been said about the WG limiting movement between the blues..actually it doesn't really make sense for them to do so since it poses no threat to them whatsoever.
-The World Nobles live in Mariejois, the capital of the World Government and one of the primary antagonists of this series.
-The World Nobles are assholes.
-Fisher Tiger climbed the Red Line and assaulted Mariejois because the WG and Nobles are assholes.
and for that we are gonna mass murder the shit out of them in a shonen manga?
it's Oda's story of course,but i really can't see him doing that.
-In chapter 100, Monkey D. Dragon stated that "the world awaits our answer", suggesting that the opposing force to the World Government, the Revolutionaries, are planning much more than simple skirmishes and battles opposing the WG.
i fail to se the connection...
Let's break this down.
ok
The argument of destroying the Red Line was never about making it easier to travel to other seas. The Red Line is synonymous with the overwhelming power that the WG and Nobles of the One Piece World hold over everyone else. They live on a giant ass continent separated and segregated from everyone else. This is about ending their reign, and I'm surprised you don't see how it's entirely related to the problems of the One Piece world.
you sure are putting a lot of simbolic power on the red line ..but that simbolic power is not there in the manga..the red line has never been presented as a threat,as a towering presence or something alike..also..destroying the red line would do exactly jack shit to end the WG...marineford was more of a simbol than the red line has been until now (something,this,actually stated in the manga),and they still relocated without any problems when it was destroyed

also,your theory starts from the assumption that all there is on the entire red line,a continent that literally covers the whole world,is marijoa...and hat is something i'm not really sure myself..since it would presume that there's only one city and then miles and miles and miles of barren wasteland..you would think that with the amount of water in the onepiece world,actual soil would be used at its best...but we have no indication one way or the other really,so let's assume marijoa it's the only thing in the enire red line.
The Revolutionary subplot, the World Government, the Void Century, and Luffy hearing "the voice of all things" are all integral aspects of this story which basically means that Luffy WILL be going up against the WG at some point. We already know he's going to destroy Fishman Island, and like I tried to mention before, Mariejois is directly above. The Noah is clearly an ark, and from its namesake (Noah, as per the biblical story) we can clearly deduce that it's going to be transporting people to safety.

and that part of the theory i understand,what i don't understand it's why the big finale of the manga would be about a problem that nobody talked about in 800+ chapters...both the "towering presence of the red line" and the "people want to travel freely" are things that you are making up for the sake of the thoery..but that are not present,not even hinted,in the manga thus far.
of course it's possible they would be introduced later..but from someone like oda,who is used to foreshadow things hundred of chapters before they actually have significance,i would expect to at least hint of these problems nefore making them the central point of the grand finale.

Who says Luffy is going to kill millions of people? We have no idea what Mariejois is like, not even accounting for how Oda will decide to tell this part of the story. We also don't know whether ALL of the Red Line is in jeopardy. I would assume at minimum the section where Mariejois exists is toast.
well,we are still talking about a big city...take any kind of metropolis in our world and you are bound to find in it t least a bunch of millions of people living there..and even if they are only thousands..or hundreds..we are still talking about a genocide

Whether you like it or not, and regardless of whether someone has flat out said "gee whiz, I wish the red line was gone!", it's going to happen. Mark this post.
i will probably have forgotten about you when onepice actually ends XD
Furthermore, terms like "All Blue" and "One Piece" foreshadow some great unification that's going to happen. It makes too much sense.

that's why i said that the theory is not all bullshit..but still doesn't make much sense when you start to think about it..i give more importance to themes and what it's told in the story than to the fact that the treasure it's called onepiece

it's like saying that the everest towers every living creature in the rreal world..it's just a continent,and not an imposing presence..at least in the manga..
The difference being that an antagonistic world government doesn't live on Everest.

you are adding a lot of things that aren't there...brook didn't talk about credentials,he said it's a difficult journey that someone doesn't do "just because",and that's something we already know since to travel you have to discard your ship and take one on the other side..that's a lot of effort and money to do for normal people (since,like we know,even used ships in onepiece cost at least 100 mln bely,or at least those were the galley-la prices)

Like what? Brook implied it. Having those credentials is not something ordinary people possess, hence the whole point of bringing it up regarding Sanji's family. If Sanji made that journey in the first place, then he's not an ordinary person and neither is his family. I don't understand what your issue is with this point.

never read that anywhere really..the only guys who asked for clearance from marijoa were noland and his crew,and it was to travel to he grand line,not to cross the red line...nothing has ever been said about the WG limiting movement between the blues..actually it doesn't really make sense for them to do so since it poses no threat to them whatsoever.

Chapter 496. Pappug explains.

Just because someone doesn't flat out say "wow life sucks because I can't get to the other seas. It's the WG's fault" doesn't mean those problems don't exist. As a fact, which is why I listed it, Mariejois and Reverse mountain are the only ways to traverse between other seas aside from the Calm Belt. That's how it is, and it's restrictive. Also, as I mentioned, ease of access is not the issue here.

and for that we are gonna mass murder the shit out of them in a shonen manga? it's Oda's story of course,but i really can't see him doing that.

Who says there will be a mass murder? Think about Marineford, which was both a city and the base of the Marines. Were there massive civilian casualties? Nope.

i fail to se the connection...
The WG, and the Red Line, are going to be opposed and fought against.

you sure are putting a lot of simbolic power on the red line ..but that simbolic power is not there in the manga..the red line has never been presented as a threat,as a towering presence or something alike..

Lol are you serious? A giant ass continent only accessible by a corrupt ruling power, where whenever we see from the perspective of people below, it's this ominous wall of rock surrounded by mist. Look at Chapter 490 and 101.
also..destroying the red line would do exactly jack shit to end the WG...marineford was more of a simbol than the red line has been until now (something,this,actually stated in the manga),and they still relocated without any problems when it was destroyed
Again, Mariejois. That's the target, which just so happens to be on the Red Line. Which just so happens to be right above Fishman Island. Mariejois has more symbolic worth than a majority of locations in this entire series. A "holy" city high above the world where only the "gods" live.

also,your theory starts from the assumption that all there is on the entire red line,a continent that literally covers the whole world,is marijoa...and hat is something i'm not really sure myself..since it would presume that there's only one city and then miles and miles and miles of barren wasteland..you would think that with the amount of water in the onepiece world,actual soil would be used at its best...but we have no indication one way or the other really,so let's assume marijoa it's the only thing in the enire red line.
I never said that. I'm not arguing that the entire Red Line is going to be destroyed, just Mariejois. The section where all seas intersect is what's going to collapse.

and that part of the theory i understand,what i don't understand it's why the big finale of the manga would be about a problem that nobody talked about in 800+ chapters...both the "towering presence of the red line" and the "people want to travel freely" are things that you are making up for the sake of the thoery..but that are not present,not even hinted,in the manga thus far.
You keep focusing the problem on the Red Line. That's not the problem. The WG is the problem. And yes, they are going to be confronted.

well,we are still talking about a big city...take any kind of metropolis in our world and you are bound to find in it t least a bunch of millions of people living there..and even if they are only thousands..or hundreds..we are still talking about a genocide

We don't know if anyone will actually die until it happens. Again, Marineford.

that's why i said that the theory is not all bullshit..but still doesn't make much sense when you start to think about it..i give more importance to themes and what it's told in the story than to the fact that the treasure it's called onepiece
It seems hard for me to understand how you can deny this then, given the bolded. Here's another hint for you.

SalvaPot

I liked the theory that Sanji's Family are a renowned Mafia Family, it goes with Sanji's style too, and it will explain why he is getting married to the daughter of a Yonkou.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I liked the theory that Sanji's Family are a renowned Mafia Family, it goes with Sanji's style too, and it will explain why he is getting married to the daughter of a Yonkou.

Possibly. But there's always the fact that there's seemingly a ton of blonde celestial dragons.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Possibly. But there's always the fact that there's seemingly a ton of blonde celestial dragons.

It's possible the Celestial Dragons are the Aryan Race.
And yeah, Sanji's from North Blue. He's certainly not a Celestial Dragon. I think Oda is smart enough not to do that twist for the second arc in a row.

SalvaPot

Yeah, but Celestial Dragons usually don't get bounties unless they renounce to their status. Sanji did, and his bounty was changed to "Only Alive" so it means they still want him captured and for that I guess they do need some kind of power (Power as in status and influence).

Also I don't think its seen as ok to marry a Celestial Dragon (If Sanji is one) to a Yonkou's daughter. This is why I think his family is a Mafioso Powerhouse.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If he was a celestial dragon he'd be from Mariejois, not North blue

He could be from a splinter family, ala one picked to rule after the original royals moved to Mariejois, or he could be a bastard that because of circumstances is elevated, or he could be lying/mistaken about being from the North Blue and instead traveled through there, or they could have had a vacation house there. Technically a CD could live wherever they wanted.

smurfx

get some go again
maybe sanji is a descendant of a celestial who fathered a child with a normal person while they were traveling through south blue. i don't think the child would be considered a celestial since they likely need both the father and mother to be a celestial to be considered one of them. that celestial could have made the family nobles. could be that they kept marrying into powerful families to keep themselves in power.

SolVanderlyn

I like Romance Dawn's Sanji is an alien theory a lot.

Majukun

Like what? Brook implied it. Having those credentials is not something ordinary people possess, hence the whole point of bringing it up regarding Sanji's family. If Sanji made that journey in the first place, then he's not an ordinary person and neither is his family. I don't understand what your issue is with this point.
nothing about credentials being needed and ordinary people being unable to cross the red line was present in brook's dialogue this chapter.You don't need credentials to croos the red line,you need MONEY ,because you need to do a big ass long voyage and buy TWO SHIPS ,since the only way it's take a boat from the other side

Chapter 496. Pappug explains.
exactly..he said that commoners have to cross the red line "on foot" and then take a ship on the other side,something that pirates cannot do and thus have to travel below the red line to fishman island,so that they can mantain heir ships

Just because someone doesn't flat out say "wow life sucks because I can't get to the other seas. It's the WG's fault" doesn't mean those problems don't exist. As a fact, which is why I listed it, Mariejois and Reverse mountain are the only ways to traverse between other seas aside from the Calm Belt. That's how it is, and it's restrictive. Also, as I mentioned, ease of access is not the issue here.

wrong
marijoa is the only way only if you are in the grand line...if you start from the north blue and wanna cross to the east blue you are not even gonna see marijoa,let alone pass towards it...

Who says there will be a mass murder? Think about Marineford, which was both a city and the base of the Marines. Were there massive civilian casualties? Nope.
marineford only population were soldiers and their families and those were evacuated

Lol are you serious? A giant ass continent only accessible by a corrupt ruling power, where whenever we see from the perspective of people below, it's this ominous wall of rock surrounded by mist. Look at Chapter 490 and 101.

again,it's not accessible only by a corrupt ruling power,you are making this stuff up.
it's difficult because you need money and effort,but nowhere i've seen written in the manga that only nobles or people with "credentials" can cross the red line

Again, Mariejois. That's the target, which just so happens to be on the Red Line. Which just so happens to be right above Fishman Island. Mariejois has more symbolic worth than a majority of locations in this entire series. A "holy" city high above the world where only the "gods" live.

I never said that. I'm not arguing that the entire Red Line is going to be destroyed, just Mariejois. The section where all seas intersect is what's going to collapse.

if you are only targeting marijoa and not the entire red line like you said ,what exactly stops them to relocate the city a bunch of kilometers to the right?

You keep focusing the problem on the Red Line. That's not the problem. The WG is the problem. And yes, they are going to be confronted.
oh but we agree that the WG will be the main opponent...i just fail to see what the destruction of the red line would accomplish in the grand scheme of things..a multi-secular multi-naion organization is not gonna fall because marijoa crumbles

It seems hard for me to understand how you can deny this then, given the bolded. Here's another hint for you.

yeah,the tenryuubito and the WG is gonna fall,we already know that.
that doesn't imply the destruction of the red line

also..this entire group of posts has started because tyou asked the rethorical question "what will happen when the red line falls?"
and my answer was "nothing",and since you are telling me that "the red line is not the problem here",let's just say that we agree on that part and just wait another 12 to 15 years for oda to actually reach the end.
He could be from a splinter family, ala one picked to rule after the original royals moved to Mariejois, or he could be a bastard that because of circumstances is elevated, or he could be lying/mistaken about being from the North Blue and instead traveled through there, or they could have had a vacation house there. Technically a CD could live wherever they wanted.

nope,the tenryuubito that decide to reside permanently outside of marijoa are considered rejects..just look at the donquixote family

smurfx

get some go again
i think the secret of mariejoa is an ancient weapon and the redline will end up being destroyed when it's activated or destroyed by an invading force. that invader has to be luffy in order for the prophecy to come true.

nope,the tenryuubito that decide to reside permanently outside of marijoa are considered rejects..just look at the donquixote family
you sure about that? i think doflamingos father decided to give up the power of the celestials because he wanted to be a normal person on the sea. if a celestial does not give up his power but decides to dominate south blue would he be considered a reject? after all he is just using his god given power to dominate the sea. he could also return regularly to mariejoa.

marmoka

Banned
My colleague, who also follows the series, predicted that in this episode Luffy would finally beat Doflamingo. He must be a little frustrated right now because his prediction didn't become true.

I read the manga, and I know what happens next. I couldn't tell him he was wrong, that many things were still to happen yet. He doesn't know I read the comic as well. All I answered was "I hope so". I'm tired of Dressrosa, he is too, and he got hyped with Gear Fourth, of course. He was hoping this was finally over, but I didn't have the strength to tell the truth and see his frustration, I couldn't spoil him what's gonna happen next.

Right now, I'm not sure if I took the right decision or not.

I always thought Danny Pino could be an interesting Mihawk.

garcia_pino3.jpg

I mentioned once that a One Piece series, Live Action, made in Hollywood, would be awesome. I think we can stop looking for the right candidate for Mihawk. Now lets look for the rest of the characters.

GhostBed

I mentioned once that a One Piece series, Live Action, made in Hollywood, would be awesome. I think we can stop looking for the right candidate for Mihawk. Now lets look for the rest of the characters.

I don't know, I feel like a big part of One Piece's identity is its over the top, cartoonish nature. I don't think that would translate to live action well at all and we'd be left with a film that has a totally different tone to it.

SolVanderlyn

Just searching for *insert character* cosplay brings up some pretty nice results.

4874d4d39bc2ddf9c3662fa2e0f9f888.jpg

b7d76fff0de0aa978f129c5023350d73.jpg

tumblr_m2ai1gKEG41qez05io1_500.jpg

3827506816_3f0ea4055f.jpg

As for actual actors... that might be harder.

SolVanderlyn

Damn, some of this is insane

tumblr_ng12vsQz0x1u1k9s2o1_540.jpg

RomanceDawn

I like Romance Dawn's Sanji is an alien theory a lot.

In due time! I fully expect the Vinsmokes to have gotten so much power and influence because of some factor dealing with their other worldly origins! Although I don't expect Sanji or even his parents to be aware of these things. But we will find out one way or another.

mrmickfran

I don't know, I feel like a big part of One Piece's identity is its over the top, cartoonish nature. I don't think that would translate to live action well at all and we'd be left with a film that has a totally different tone to it.
Could you imagine a live action Whitebeard or Moriah? lol

We may finally here Zoro say Sanji's real name.

This has already happened during Enies Lobby. When the Straw Hats were trying to find the keys for Robin's cuffs, Zoro told Chopper something like "Sanji, Nami and Franky already have a key" or something like that.

I checked both the original anime and the dub and he says it in both. It totally threw me off.

I'll see if I could find out which episode it was.

RomanceDawn

Could you imagine a live action Whitebeard or Moriah? lol

This has already happened during Enies Lobby. When the Straw Hats were trying to find the keys for Robin's cuffs, Zoro told Chopper something like "Sanji, Nami and Franky already have a key" or something like that.

I checked both the original anime and the dub and he says it in both. It totally threw me off.

I'll see if I could find out which episode it was.

I could be wrong but in the comic I do believe Zoro has never called Sanji by name. I'll look into book's version the scene you mentioned.

In a recent SBS someone noted how many nick names Sanji gave Zoro and vice versa. He then noted that while Sanji has said Zoro a few times, Zoro has never said Sanji. A part of me wonders if Oda even realized that about the two until it was pointed out to him. Zoro actually saying Sanji's name might be a defining moment in the series some day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom