• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I never expected to see a Garfield reference in One Piece. Hopefully someone makes a Square Root edit with Nekomamushi.

Family of assassins. They must be dangerous if they have enough power to change Wanted Posters and arrange a marriage with the daughter of a pirate emperor.

Oh yeah, Pekoms can turn into a turtle, mentioned his power blocking half the shots.
I still think the patriarch is one of the gorosei.

So, aside from Law, Zoro, and Luffy (and maybe Bonney), all of the worst generation members are going to be underlings of emperors they ended up being too chicken shit tomake enemies wth, right? And Luffy is going to convince them all to rally behind him by rekindling their spirits after having the balls to stand up to opponents they submitted to?

I just have the feeling that like Capone submitted to big mom, apoo, hawkins, and kidd wound up becoming underlings of kaido.

Kreed

One Piece 814:

We all know that isn't going to happen. Luffy will likely get them caught at one point and he even said that he's sick of running away from enemies, which is why he punch Fujitora. They'll definitely try and sneak in though.

Based on the bolded, you didn't understand what I meant by that part of my post. It's not that I expect Luffy to sneak in and grab Sanji with absolutely no confrontations at all, but I don't expect Luffy to fight and defeat Big Mom at this point of the story when Kaidou is still being dealt with (in other words, this is not the start of the "Big Mom" arc that some fans might be ready to start speculating on). He and the Straw Hats will definitely get into trouble and will likely add to the eventual Big Mom build up, but he will likely succeed in getting Sanji back and getting back to fighting Kaidou without the Big Mom vs Luffy fight taking place, similar to your example, Luffy attacked Fujitora after he was confronted while trying to escape, but they didn't fight/have a actual battle.

tumblr_o1o3n22mXo1qidgtdo1_540.png

tumblr_o1o3n22mXo1qidgtdo2_540.png

You don't know how long I've been waiting for something like this to happen. Lil' Chopper has been smitten.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I feel it's unlikely that Sanji's family trained him or anything. He's been with Zeff since he was a kid and takes after his fighting style.
Oda isn't really big on nurture, though. In the one piece world, what you are is in your nature. Luffy was always going to be a pirate, Nami was always drawn to cartography and navigation. Sabo was never going to be satisfied living a life of convenience as a noble, he was always a free spirit.

Having Sanji come from a long line of assassins, the cold, calculating, sneaky tendencies of his, and his skill with a knife, could be part of his nature.

Nibel

Way too many good panels in this chapter.
KuGsj.gif

Also, love the interaction between crewmembers and minks. Guess next chapter we'll get the full Vinsmoke reveal with faces

One Piece 814:
Based on the bolded, you didn't understand what I meant by that part of my post. It's not that I expect Luffy to sneak in and grab Sanji with absolutely no confrontations at all, but I don't expect Luffy to fight and defeat Big Mom at this point of the story when Kaidou is still being dealt with (in other words, this is not the start of the "Big Mom" arc that some fans might be ready to start speculating on). He and the Straw Hats will definitely get into trouble and will likely add to the eventual Big Mom build up, but he will likely succeed in getting Sanji back and getting back to fighting Kaidou without the Big Mom vs Luffy fight taking place, similar to your example, Luffy attacked Fujitora after he was confronted while trying to escape, but they didn't fight/have a actual battle.

Oh ok, that makes sense. I also don't see Big Mom being done with in a single arc unless it's super long, which I think isn't going to happen so soon after Dressrosa.

smurfx

get some go again
tumblr_o1o3n22mXo1qidgtdo1_540.png

tumblr_o1o3n22mXo1qidgtdo2_540.png

You don't know how long I've been waiting for something like this to happen. Lil' Chopper has been smitten.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQqKXqGA1i4

what went through choppers head. since sanji's family are assassins then maybe they are the ones responsible for rogers incurable disease? would at least make them a big threat. since luffy is dealing with emperors then a family of assassins don't really seem that formidable.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Cliffhangers

Cliffhangers everywhere

marmoka

Banned
Like everyone, I thought Sanji would belong to a very important family. A rich family, probably World Nobles from Mariejoa. But no, they are assassins.

OMG! This was totally unexpected! Now I've got more questions than last week.

I'm loving this arc. Until now, Sanji was another member of the crew. Now I love him a lot, with all the mindblow we are having.

Like everyone, I thought Sanji would belong to a very important family. A rich family, probably World Nobles from Mariejoa. But no, they are assassins.

OMG! This was totally unexpected! Now I've got more questions than last week.

I'm loving this arc. Until now, Sanji was another member of the crew. Now I love him a lot, with all the mindblow we are having.
Welcome aboard the ss.sanji

Lunar15

I still haven't gotten tired of the Minks having no sense of personal space.

The part where pedro keeps burying his face into luffy's is comedy gold.

SalvaPot

Don't want to spoil, but given Brooke's reaction, is anyone else thinking Sanji's family is connected to what happened to Brooke's crew?

Oh man, if there is a connection to it we can finally see a for real motivated Brook after so long. I want his to actually get angry for once.

By the way, I wanted to add that what Pekoms said is that the Vismokes are essentially Assassins, but that could pretty much mean anything. In a way, some pirates are also assassins. I wonder if they are going to expand on this next chapter, because the cliffhanger makes me think there is more to it that just assassins.

jbug617

Banned
People are speculating that Sanji's family was shown during Punk Hazard arc when they did shots of people watching from the Underground.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Takeaways from this chapter:

Zoro really doesn't like Sanji, haha. Nami also cares about him despite seeing him as a dimwit.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Takeaways from this chapter:

Zoro really doesn't like Sanji, haha. Nami also cares about him despite seeing him as a dimwit.
I think he likes him, since he tosses the "he left without saying goodbye" line (paraphrased), but he's the realist of the group. He knows they're in some shit and ain't nobody got time to fuck around with two Yonkou.

Anteater

zoro has actually never lost a fight unless you count Kuma, it's just how his character is set up from that promise he made:

so we can assume he's probably not going to go up against someone he can't/won't win against, or he won't get wrecked directly because it would be very awkward

Majukun

I still think the patriarch is one of the gorosei.

So, aside from Law, Zoro, and Luffy (and maybe Bonney), all of the worst generation members are going to be underlings of emperors they ended up being too chicken shit tomake enemies wth, right? And Luffy is going to convince them all to rally behind him by rekindling their spirits after having the balls to stand up to opponents they submitted to?

I just have the feeling that like Capone submitted to big mom, apoo, hawkins, and kidd wound up becoming underlings of kaido.
kid has the scars and the lack of an arm to testify for his resolution to not serve under another

RomanceDawn

zoro has actually never lost a fight unless you count Kuma, it's just how his character is set up from that promise he made:

so we can assume he's probably not going to go up against someone he can't/won't win against, or he won't get wrecked directly because it would be very awkward

Not against sword fighters but he's lost to others besides Kuma. Aokiji, Eneru and Lucci come to mind and while not a loss in the sense that we know it you could probably throw in Peronah.

Though I know what you mean, like a full on vs mode chapter where the structure of the story is ready for the enemy to be fully defeated.

Chariot

Well, I think we can safely assume that he meant "sword fight". E.g. it wouldn't a shame for him to lose against Enel.

SolVanderlyn

Sanji and Usopp getting rekt by Enel is one of my favorite moments in the series. Up until that point the big bad has barely interacted with any non-Luffy Straw Hats, if at all. Enel changes that up by visiting one of the side teams personally and taking them out with absolutely zero difficulty.

ryan13ts

Well, I think we can safely assume that he meant "sword fight". E.g. it wouldn't a shame for him to lose against Enel.

Zoro "sorf of" lost a fight against Kaku when they first reveal themselves at the Galley-La House, right before Aqua Laguna. Granted, it wasn't an all out brawl, and he got taken down with shigan instead of a sword, but it's still a loss.

Chariot

Zoro "sorf of" lost a fight against Kaku when they first reveal themselves at the Galley-La House, right before Aqua Laguna. Granted, it wasn't an all out brawl, and he got taken down with shigan instead of a sword, but it's still a loss.
Yeah, but it wasn't a sword fight. His honour is being the greatest swordman, meaning that nobody can beat him in a swordfight. Although that was stretched here and then, it was in some sense a swordfight. A dude doing the shigan, the fingerpistol, isn't a swordfight in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom