• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hopefully this arc there will be an equal enemy where zoro goes all out. All his fights so far were nothing...i wanna see him open his Haki Eye that is part of his training :p Kakashi

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Zoro vs. Pica in the anime was the most drawn out fight of all time. Cutting rocks: the show

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Zoro vs. Pica in the anime was the most drawn out fight of all time. Cutting rocks: the show

One Piece Kai has to happen. Does Toei know about the pacing criticisms? I have to imagine Japanese forums complain about it.

At least One Pace exists.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
One Piece Kai has to happen. Does Toei know about the pacing criticisms? I have to imagine Japanese forums complain about it.

At least One Pace exists.

I imagine they do, but don't care/can't do anything about it without huge amounts of filler. One Piece is at the point where they'd need a year or two of filler to let Oda get far enough ahead to have proper pacing again. They should have just gone 2 cour and done 26 episodes a season.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I imagine they do, but don't care/can't do anything about it without huge amounts of filler. One Piece is at the point where they'd need a year or two of filler to let Oda get far enough ahead to have proper pacing again. They should have just gone 2 cour and done 26 episodes a season.

Toei didn't see a point to that in 1999. They saw One Piece really popular in Jump and just did the same thing they did with Dragon Ball. Even if it meant filler and poor pacing.
I think more companies are realizing this method isn't fool-proof with One Piece's glacial pacing and Naruto somehow still in never-ending filler even though the fucking manga ended over a year ago now!

At this point one pace has to be at minute long episodes

Actually One Pace combines multiple episodes. So it would be like 2 or 3 regular episodes = 1 One Pace.
You're probably thinking "Filler-less episodes". Those take one episode and edit it down to like 10-12 minutes.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So, how does one fight against capone? He seems to have the ability to pull people into his castle dimension at will, without them even noticing (perhaps by modeling their entrance after his immediate surroundings). And in this dimension he is basically God, right?

That's ignoring the fact he has no blind spots since he has minions on standby posted everywhere on his body. And that he has a full blown armory at his disposal for use/body enhancement.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So, how does one fight against capone? He seems to have the ability to pull people into his castle dimension at will, without them even noticing (perhaps by modeling their entrance after his immediate surroundings). And in this dimension he is basically God, right?

I imagine you'd need a really powerful AOE or cleave type skill, Zorro would probably be able to worf him given what we saw him do to Pica. Sanji was just in a bad match-up.

Zeppu

That's ignoring the fact he has no blind spots since he has minions on standby posted everywhere on his body. And that he has a full blown armory at his disposal for use/body enhancement.

You can still attack him from inside his body. He threw a hissy fit when Sanji lit his floor on fire when he put out his cigarette.

Sanji couldn't do anything because the rest were being held hostage and didn't want to cause any more strife to the Minks.

Were the situation any difference, it might have been possible for him to do some damage.

I imagine you'd need a really powerful AOE or cleave type skill, Zorro would probably be able to worf him given what we saw him do to Pica. Sanji was just in a bad match-up.
Why is this the fandoms answer to everything

You can still attack him from inside his body. He threw a hissy fit when Sanji lit his floor on fire when he put out his cigarette.

Sanji couldn't do anything because the rest were being held hostage and didn't want to cause any more strife to the Minks.

Were the situation any difference, it might have been possible for him to do some damage.
Agreed

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Why is this the fandoms answer to everything

Sanji doesn't have any big cleave type skills from what we've seen, Zorro does. Zorro has a lot of them and the early part of his fight against Pica resembled when Capone went crazy with them inside his body. He's just better equipped for that sort of fight.

Sanji doesn't have any big cleave type skills from what we've seen, Zorro does. Zorro has a lot of them and the early part of his fight against Pica resembled when Capone went crazy with them inside his body. He's just better equipped for that sort of fight.
We have nothing to base that on. We dont know the extent of what capone can do, we didn't see sanji or another strawhat for that matter fight him. For all we know his weakness can be usopps specialty and zoros worst opponent who knows

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
We have nothing to base that on. We dont know the extent of what capone can do, we didn't see sanji or another strawhat for that matter fight him. For all we know his weakness can be usopps specialty and zoros worst opponent who knows
that random marine captain with the rust-rust fruit will always be zoro's worst matchup

dabig2

If Sanji chose it, he could just start a fire in Capone's body. Diablo Jambe all over that bitch.

that random marine captain with the rust-rust fruit will always be zoro's worst matchup

Best random marine. Future vice admiral right there...if he hasn't already achieved the position.

The rust monster is what a D&D DM will pull out when he is annoyed that the party is over geared. Goodbye plate armour and enchanted swords. Sadly even computer rpgs like dark souls are too care bear to have a rust monster.

marmoka

Banned
Did anybody consider Big Mom could be Lola's mother? In case you don't remember who Lola was, take a look at this:

Lola_Zombie_Body.png

If so, it could happen that she appears to the wedding of her sister, and the Strawhat pirates appear there too. After telling Charlotte that they saved her and her crew from Moria, there could happen a big alliance between the Strawhat pirates and one of the New World Emperors. Of course I'm not saying this would be that easy, something should happen to make Luffy be above her. Next year we could have an Emperor's War:
Kaidou vs Luffy-Big Mom
The number of emperors could be decreased from 4 to 3: Luffy, Shanks and Marshall D. Teach.

And we still have the Killer-Drake-AnotherPirate alliance who are going after Shanks. Also the Blackbeard pirates going to the Revolutionary Army headquarters. The future of One Piece will be really interesting!!

Syntsui

Did anybody consider Big Mom could be Lola's mother? In case you don't remember who Lola was, take a look at this:

Lola_Zombie_Body.png

If so, it could happen that she appears to the wedding of her sister, and the Strawhat pirates appear there too. After telling Charlotte that they saved her and her crew from Moria, there could happen a big alliance between the Strawhat pirates and one of the New World Emperors. Of course I'm not saying this would be that easy, something should happen to make Luffy be above her. Next year we could have an Emperor's War:
Kaidou vs Luffy-Big Mom
The number of emperors could be decreased from 4 to 3: Luffy, Shanks and Marshall D. Teach.

And we still have the Killer-Drake-AnotherPirate alliance who are going after Shanks. Also the Blackbeard pirates going to the Revolutionary Army headquarters. The future of One Piece will be really interesting!!

I'm pretty sure the majority of the readers are sure about Lola being Big Mom's daughter. The lipsticks give this away, it's a lock by this point, we just need the official confirmation.

Also, Drake is a Kaidou underling. The alliance that is going against Shanks is Apoo/Kid /Hawkins.

Yeah a lot of people think Lola is the daughter of big mom. But someone on these boards posted a while back looking at Weevil's mother, she looks a lot like Lola as well. Even Jack could have some resemblance to Lola iirc correctly. I'm still sticking to the thing that Bonney is Ace's sister!! LOL

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I definitely think both Bonney AND Lola are Big Mom's daughters. We'll see, though!
Bonney being her daughter makes a whole lot of sense, actually.

Bonney being her daughter makes a whole lot of sense, actually.

There was a pic I think when Bonney said she was headed to the New World after whitebeards death & the background she looked to be on one of big moms ships with icing on it. I really can't see her ever being related to or the daughter of Akainu as so many people have said

QQ622A56FE20131204202910_zps74c8e4db.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

But still Roger said if its a girl is Ann (who Bonney is named after Anne Bonney) and if its a boy its Ace

Syntsui

There was a pic I think when Bonney said she was headed to the New World after whitebeards death & the background she looked to be on one of big moms ships with icing on it. I really can't see her ever being related to or the daughter of Akainu as so many people have said

hqdefault.jpg

But still Roger said if its a girl is Ann (who Bonney is named after Anne Bonney) and if its a boy its Ace

Wow, never noticed that Bonney actually had the lipstick too. This is getting interesting...

SolVanderlyn

hqdefault.jpg

Wow, that ship is unmistakably a dessert ship, and the lipstick is there too. Big Mom apparently has a LOT of daughters (Sanji is marrying the 35th I think) so it's all totally within the realm of possibility. It might also explain how she escaped her capture.

Wow, that ship is unmistakably a dessert ship, and the lipstick is there too. Big Mom apparently has a LOT of daughters (Sanji is marrying the 35th I think) so it's all totally within the realm of possibility. It might also explain how she escaped her capture.

But what man would be able to do it with her 35 times if its the same father?!?! He would need his own devil fruit, like forgetful no mi or blind blind no mi. I hope big mom considers her daughters like whitebeard considers his crew his sons, & they arent blood related, ewwww.

Lunar15

As soon as Lola said that her mother was in the New World and we saw the lips and pink hair on Big Mom's flag, I figured that anyone else we saw with lipstick and pink hair like that would be a relative of Big Mom. As soon as I saw Bonney, I knew she had to be.

SolVanderlyn

But what man would be able to do it with her 35 times if its the same father?!?! He would need his own devil fruit, like forgetful no mi or blind blind no mi. I hope big mom considers her daughters like whitebeard considers his crew his sons, & they arent blood related, ewwww.
If Bonney is her daughter, and is any indication of her genes, she may have looked much better when she was young. *Shrug* I still wonder if Bonney's fruit is what allows her to stay thin.

Clearly bonnie is big moms daughter.

The red lipstick
The pink hair
Heavy eater
The crying when whitebeard died

Clearly whitebeard knocked up big mom at least one of those times.

Clearly bonnie is big moms daughter.

The red lipstick
The pink hair
Heavy eater
The crying when whitebeard died

Clearly whitebeard knocked up big mom at least one of those times.

I really don't want to picture this but yes, I am starting to think this is very true. Whitebeard mah man smh, Big Mom must have given him better sake than Shanks did from North Blue.

I really don't want to picture this but yes, I am starting to think this is very true. Whitebeard mah man smh, Big Mom must have given him better sake than Shanks did from North Blue.
I use to joke about it before but its starting to make total sense. The crying,the revenge, her resemblance to lola.

Its happening

dabig2

I've heard the Bonney being daughter of Big Mom for a few years now, but I do wonder how she got to South Blue. I also remember her looking poor and dirty in her childhood picture (still eating though). Like, does Big Mom just give birth and then dumps these kids across the seas?

I've heard the Bonney being daughter of Big Mom for a few years now, but I do wonder how she got to South Blue. I also remember her looking poor and dirty in her childhood picture (still eating though). Like, does Big Mom just give birth and then dumps these kids across the seas?

Yeah wondering about this too, if I recall wasn't Law in the new world with Doffy before he became a supernova. I thought there were like 8 ways to get to the red line & the supernova's took different ones, so did Law go back to one of the blues then sail the grand line?

IHaveIce

Banned
Yeah wondering about this too, if I recall wasn't Law in the new world with Doffy before he became a supernova. I thought there were like 8 ways to get to the red line & the supernova's took different ones, so did Law go back to one of the blues then sail the grand line?

no they were in north blue

Lunar15

She seems very capable of breaking out of wherever the marines are keeping her, so it could be that the Marines captured her from the New World and brought her to South Blue at some point. Keep in mind, we have no idea how old Bonney actually is.

Ace was born in South Blue, but Garp took him to East Blue to live with Dadan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom