• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar15

One thing that's really been nagging me in the back of the head is how Lola's hair and hat look like Miss Bakkin's, but with the same braids that Weevil has.

We've pretty much pegged Lola as one of Big Mom's daughters, but there's also a lot of weird connections to Bakkin and her "son".

Mix that in with Bonney being seemingly related to Big Mom while also crying about Whitebeard.... there's just a lot of things that seem connected here.

Syntsui

One thing that's really been nagging me in the back of the head is how Lola's hair and hat look like Miss Bakkin's, but with the same braids that Weevil has.

We've pretty much pegged Lola as one of Big Mom's daughters, but there's also a lot of weird connections to Bakkin and her "son".

Mix that in with Bonney being seemingly related to Big Mom while also crying about Whitebeard.... there's just a lot of things that seem connected here.

You are up to something interesting here... Bakkin being Bonney with a wig and using her power to trick Weevil would be so Goda.

marmoka

Banned
Please no spoilers!! Please wait till Panda (or whoever) brings a translation, even if it's horrible.

Till then, use this for them please:
blah blah blah

nothing about credentials being needed and ordinary people being unable to cross the red line was present in brook's dialogue this chapter.You don't need credentials to croos the red line,you need MONEY ,because you need to do a big ass long voyage and buy TWO SHIPS ,since the only way it's take a boat from the other side

exactly..he said that commoners have to cross the red line "on foot" and then take a ship on the other side,something that pirates cannot do and thus have to travel below the red line to fishman island,so that they can mantain heir ships

wrong
marijoa is the only way only if you are in the grand line...if you start from the north blue and wanna cross to the east blue you are not even gonna see marijoa,let alone pass towards it...

marineford only population were soldiers and their families and those were evacuated

again,it's not accessible only by a corrupt ruling power,you are making this stuff up.
it's difficult because you need money and effort,but nowhere i've seen written in the manga that only nobles or people with "credentials" can cross the red line

if you are only targeting marijoa and not the entire red line like you said ,what exactly stops them to relocate the city a bunch of kilometers to the right?

oh but we agree that the WG will be the main opponent...i just fail to see what the destruction of the red line would accomplish in the grand scheme of things..a multi-secular multi-naion organization is not gonna fall because marijoa crumbles

yeah,the tenryuubito and the WG is gonna fall,we already know that.
that doesn't imply the destruction of the red line

also..this entire group of posts has started because tyou asked the rethorical question "what will happen when the red line falls?"
and my answer was "nothing",and since you are telling me that "the red line is not the problem here",let's just say that we agree on that part and just wait another 12 to 15 years for oda to actually reach the end.

nope,the tenryuubito that decide to reside permanently outside of marijoa are considered rejects..just look at the donquixote family

Alright. Back from my shitty week and a half. Not going to respond to each of your points since it's been a while but, I'll sum up.

Marijois is going down. The Red Line, as an obtrusive entity is going down. This isn't about ease of transportation, it's about symbolically uniting the entire world. I really don't get how hard that is to understand. When I said credentials, I meant Pirates who are entirely good-natured like Luffy couldn't ever cross the Red Line, but that's besides the point.
Why the fuck would they rebuild Marijois after it would be destroyed? All of the Celestial Dragons and the WG are up there,so once it's destroyed they're essentially done for. You also argued that millions of people would die, I mentioned they could be evacuated, then you said it was only the soldiers' families? Who cares who it was? They would still be casualties? These questions are redundant and pointless, considering the way this story is being told as a good vs. evil. saga it's clear to see what the overall result is going to be, as said by Doflamingo in the pic I remember posting. Additionally Mariejois is "the only other entrance to the Grand Line" besides Reverse Mountain as stated in the manga, implying access to the Blues.

If you want to keep going we can, but we should probably just agree to disagree at this point. I'm back though, so feel free.

As for last week's chapter, it was amazing.

Loved seeing the interactions between the crew, especially Zoro's bit. Wonder if they'll split up, but I really hope not. I noticed that Zoro wasn't with Luffy visiting Pekomamushi or with the rest of the crew visiting Cat Viper so I wonder if he went to see Law's crew to figure out what to do about Kaido?

As for Sanji, he's literally reminding me of Kilua from Hunter X Hunter and the Zoldycks. His family must be hella strong to have that much sway with the WG. The WSJ translated it to "Killers" so maybe they aren't necessarily assassins? Idk.

Feels good to be back :)

Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in. I think Noland needed clearance from Marijois to pass through the red line coming back from Jaya if I recall. Also there has been a ton of theories if the red line & fishman island get destroyed it would cause a vacuum uniting all the blues to all blue & that's the reason the Noah was made from all fishman to be evacuated & Arlongs sister prophesized Luffy would be the one to destroy fishman island. This is all hearsay no proof though but pretty thought out theories. Can't wait for the new chap this week!!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Chapter's out.

Talky chapter, lots of exposition. I doubt Luffy is going to go alone, something is going to happen where they all go (maybe get help from the Grand Fleet).
Kinemon and Kanjuro finally arrived. This won't end well.

Also, this:

k47Qk1i.jpg

Hmmm, it would seem they might all be leaving, considering the samurai have arrived. This might not end well. There will be a comedic chase with Nekomushi chasing the crew and Luffy rushing and trying to explain, and failing.

KageZero

Comedy.
Basically "we're not going to sleep until thing happens"
They fall asleep and thing happens.

Are you not aware of this trope?
No and it very dumb executed if so. They could have taken shifts, this is very badly executed in such a serious situation. If the samurais should have arrived for story development then it would be a better way the forgot about them at the party

Qurupeke

So, does the fact the Okama kingdom was mentioned means that Sanji really cares about the okamas? :p

Fun, slow chapter. I hoped we'd get more on the Vinsmokes though. I wonder if they're going to split again Some go to Sanji and the rest stay on Zou, waiting for Kaido. lol

Anteater

Don't know where this is going, but I guess a few minks will probably end up going with Luffy if he's really setting out for Sanji

Minks seem to have the ability to keep themselves hidden from observation haki, so that will play a part if they're sneaking.

Raizou might end up going with them too since he's a ninja.

Syntsui

Except they are the head of a warhouse in a blue where there is war for 40 years ongoing.
What did you expect? Bames and faces already?
Yes, I expected a expected a full explanation about them, specially from Brook.

Them being a big assassin's clan is just irrelevant at this point with no further information.

ffdgh

The most interesting bit is that they even knew where sanji was hanging out during the time skip. How the heck does anyone find that out?

I like how the "adults" consists of..

A guy always asking to see panties
And a cyborg wearing a speedo

Plus having Robin falling asleep with them as well had me rolling she's too much of a strawhat these last two arcs i love it.

Lunar15

My least favorite trope is tragic and avoidable misunderstandings, so I really hope this doesn't turn out like it looks like it is.

Also, no need to be upset about them all falling asleep: The monkey already saw the samurai and would have returned to tell the other Minks even if the "adults" managed to stop the samurai.

You are up to something interesting here... Bakkin being Bonney with a wig and using her power to trick Weevil would be so Goda.

Wait what? That wasn't where I was going with that at all, lol!

My least favorite trope is tragic and avoidable misunderstandings, so I really hope this doesn't turn out like it looks like it is.
I'll agree with this. I've been saying that since we found the samurai weren't wanted on the island. Dont feel like going thru a misunderstanding right now.

Lunar15

I guess I don't get why the Minks would be mad at the samurai, even less so the strawhats. Just because Kaido's men were looking for a samurai doesn't really mean it's their fault necessarily.

Then again, we don't know how they're going to react.

I guess I don't get why the Minks would be mad at the samurai, even less so the strawhats. Just because Kaido's men were looking for a samurai doesn't really mean it's their fault necessarily.

I thought the point was that if they know the samurai had PLANNED to come to Zou then there was an actual reason for Jack to be looking there, despite their insistence that it was pointless. They may get mad because...somehow... the samurai caused Jack to be there.

Kornflayx

If Raizou is on Zou, I would be pretty pissed. He could have avoided all the slaughtering that happened there. But there has to be more to it than that. Brook said something about Momonosuke not being happy on Zou, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom