• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's also the fact that Robin can only really either curbstomp an enemy or get curbstomped herself.

That shouldn't be the case if she goes up against the right opponent. Gladius would have been a good match for Robin.
He can just explode his body if she tries to clutch him.

Grexeno

No. It would just give Robin the opportunity to fight outside of the box and not end it with the standard "clutch" move.
But that's haaaaaaarrdddddd to think up. :p

I don't know if we'll see another Robin 1v1 until she gets a fight with one of Blackbeard's Ten Captains or something.

The similarity between Mr. 5 and Gladius is only explosions.

Mr. 5 was a human bomb that could ignite his skin, breath, and snot.
Gladius can swell up and rupture his body and any non-organic material.

Monet and Kuzan's powers are closer in similarity.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
One piece 768

Hold on here . MS version says trebol says "becareful, you're in the D power's sphere of influence"

how interesting

Metal B

But he pulled the trigger and killed him... and his father.
I don't know, anything can happen with DD, though he will surely not die.

I really really hope , t turns out, that Trébol is the mastermind behind everything!
The whole story would become immense tragic and fit the tones of double agents, puppets, betray and family.

Trébol was there since the beginning and properly encourage Doflamingo to kill his father. He noticed that, the boy culd use the Conquer Haki and gave him the String-String Fruit, so that he become even more powerful. It was an investment, since Trébol is actually really lazy. Trébol uses Doflamingo as a puppet and actually pulls the strings of the Donquixote Pirates behind his back.

All those events brought Doflamingo to kills his own brothers, which he clearly didn't wanted to, but thought was necessary. Doflamingo looks to really love his family and his pirate family. He just hates betrays. He thought, his father betrayed them by leaving there home and then his brother did the same to him. He had a horrible past, which clearly still hunts him. Trébol using him, would create the ultimate betray and make the whole tragically perfect. The spoilt boy, who thought he was in control of everything, was just played like a child the whole time. I could see everything in a perfect reveal, when Doflamingo finally puts down his sunglasses and we see the most saddest and innocence eyes in the series. Everything hidden behind a persona, Trébol planed for him.

So even if Law beats Doflamingo at the end, the continues rule of One Piece still can be fulfilled: At the end Luffy will send the real bad guy flying.

smurfx

get some go again
robin seems like she's going to go up so her role will probably be to save law after he runs out of strength and doflamingo goes for the kill. doflamingo will send trebol after her and law and luffy will then take on doflamingo by himself. not sure who will help robin though since everybody seems busy. don't think she can take on trebol by herself. maybe zoro finishes off pika and helps robin take down trebol. if trebol is the true mastermind behind everything then he might end up being the last man standing. although viola might end up telling kinemon and kanjuro about trebol chasing robin and they might go and help out.

Some people just rush it to give the masses what they want :p

So what do we know about the D so far?

The initial?

We know whenever a D. appears, a series of massive events can occur in the One Piece world particularly when they get involved directly, this has included the start of a new era, a war and many change of governments. We know they all die with a smile on their face, and we now know they are somewhat fated to clash with the celestial dragons. Currently, the characters we know the have/had the initial are:

1. Luffy
  2. Garp
  3. Dragon
  4. Roger
  5. Ace
  6. Blackbeard
  7. Law
  8. Rouge
  9. Saul

I'd like to see Robin do something new but Cabbage has been built up as having that hidden level of power.

The initial?

We know whenever a D. appears, a series of massive events can occur in the One Piece world particularly when they get involved directly, this has included the start of a new era, a war and many change of governments. We know they all die with a smile on their face, and we now know they are somewhat fated to clash with the celestial dragons. Currently, the characters we know the have/had the initial are:

1. Luffy
  2. Garp
  3. Dragon
  4. Roger
  5. Ace
  6. Blackbeard
  7. Law
  8. Rouge
  9. Saul

Whitebeard also revealed that some of the people who have the initial are not D, heavily implying that Blackbeard is one of them, and some who are D do not use it, like Law.

Metal B

The initial?

We know whenever a D. appears, a series of massive events can occur in the One Piece world particularly when they get involved directly, this has included the start of a new era, a war and many change of governments. We know they all die with a smile on their face, and we now know they are somewhat fated to clash with the celestial dragons. Currently, the characters we know the have/had the initial are: [...] ]
A special role in the whole mythology play Sabo and Corazon. Both are Celestial Dragons and have a very close relationship o Ds. It looks like, Celestial Dragons and Ds always have a very extreme connection to each other.

I'd like to see Robin do something new but Cabbage has been built up as having that hidden level of power.

Whitebeard also revealed that some of the people who have the initial are not D, heavily implying that Blackbeard is one of them, and some who are D do not use it, like Law.

Yeah, with the whole "fear of death" thing

Bandini

A special role in the whole mythology play Sabo and Corazon. Both are Celestial Dragons and have a very close relationship o Ds. It looks like, Celestial Dragons and Ds always have a very extreme connection to each other.

Sabo isn't a Celestial Dragon, he's just of noble birth.

Grexeno

I mean, it would be awesome if only it was true.

If I start dying of cancer you bet I am flying him out to my hospital to make him tell me the ending. :p

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Was One Piece Green ever released properly in the West? I went looking on Amazon and they only have the imported Japanese one and the German release.

Fairly sure none of the databooks were released in the West.
The first two Color Walks did get Western releases, but the first is out of print and expensive. Hell, it's cheaper to import the Japanese version of the first Color Walk.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Fairly sure none of the databooks were released in the West.
The first two Color Walks did get Western releases, but the first is out of print and expensive. Hell, it's cheaper to import the Japanese version of the first Color Walk.

Oh, ok, thanks. Where's the best place to read a great summary of all the data books. One Piece Wiki?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
$10 says Doflamingo cuts down Bellamy before Luffy can punch him, thus further emphasizing Doflamingo's "The weak can't decide how they die philosophy". Which will be this arc's android 16 moment and royally piss off Luffy.

Bellamy serves no purpose in this arc but to be Luffy's emotional engagement in the fight

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
$10 says Doflamingo cuts down Bellamy before Luffy can punch him, thus further emphasizing Doflamingo's "The weak can't decide how they die philosophy". Which will be this arc's android 16 moment and royally piss off Luffy.

Bellamy serves no purpose in this arc but to be Luffy's emotional engagement in the fight

Agreed.

Syntsui

Great chapter, Doffy is a monster. Best villain by far, he is evil incarnate. And yes, Bellamy's only purpose is to make Luffy go SSJ.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Jeeez Doflamingo is brutal. Outright slicing off Law's arm.

Cool that we got a little backstory for Bellamy, and man that last page brings back memories. "You asked if I know how to throw a punch?!"

Kater

Banned
tumblr_nfpkd89v631ssbae2o1_1280.png
😄

One Piece

Crazy chapter. I really liked Bellamy's character development during this arc. It really seems like he feels his strength is the only thing justifying his existence.

Also, Law's arm getting his arm stomped off was brutal.

Like, Doflamingo didn't use his strings, he literally STOMPED on the arm so hard it ripped off

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
😄

YOHOHOHOHOHO~

One Piece

Crazy chapter. I really liked Bellamy's character development during this arc. It really seems like he feels his strength is the only thing justifying his existence.

Also, Law's arm getting his arm stomped off was brutal.

Like, Doflamingo didn't use his strings, he literally STOMPED on the arm so hard it ripped off

No he did use his strings, he attached one to his boot and used it as a saw. Totally brutal as fuck though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom