• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akito

NDlEYTI.png

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Have we really not seen Sanji and co. since they left Dressrosa? That's a long freaking time to be "off-screen". I hope what they're doing leads directly into the next arc (which I'm sure it will).

Entropia

No One Remembers
Have we really not seen Sanji and co. since they left Dressrosa? That's a long freaking time to be "off-screen". I hope what they're doing leads directly into the next arc (which I'm sure it will).

Yeah. I'm a little disappointed we haven't had a chapter or two just to catch them up.

Sanji and his new pirate crew "The Swirly Eyebrow Pirates" have sailed to Raftel and Sanji is now pirate king

Sanji will most likely lead directly to the new arc

It's not as long as when they were separated at Saobody. I think we can survive without some of the crew in the picture for a little over a year.

daveo42

Banned

WHAAAAAAAAAA?!

amazing. I recognize those guys as viewers of ceasar's experiment but who were they when they were getting their butt kicked by ace and luffy?

I'd like to know this as well. Possibly just bandits that took over after the fire.

Sanji and his new pirate crew "The Swirly Eyebrow Pirates" have sailed to Raftel and Sanji is now pirate king

Sanji will most likely lead directly to the new arc

Sanji's Shitty crew would totally get wrecked by Luffy's clearly superior group. Unless other info has come out, I'm still behind the idea that Big Mom is Lola's mother. Even then I don't see Oda even touching on any of this until after the mess with DF is cleared up.

Grexeno

I still cannot fathom how anyone ever really believed the Big Mom is Lola's mother theory, and even more so that some people still believe it.

daveo42

Banned
The complete and total lack of evidence, the fact that Big Mom is evil.

Doesn't mean that Lola turned out the same way.

Big Mom is the biggest of the big female pirates in the New World. Lola's "mother" is supposedly a really powerful pirate in the New World. The only other powerful female pirates were briefly mentioned during the War. So, there are a few options we have before us.

- Big Mom is mother to Lola and that connection will be used soon to go after Kaidou.
- The vivre will come in handy later when gathering up pirates in the New World to go after the World Government after the events of Raftel or Kaidou after the end of the current arc
- We have yet to even see or hear about Lola's mother in the New World
- The whole sequence with Lola is inconsequential and will never be brought up again, which I highly doubt.

The first two are the more obvious choices to me and I have yet to see anything contrary to disregard the Big Mom/Lola theory.

Edit: I was able to find two female pirates from the War arc, Elmy and Brocca that could fit into the 2nd option above.

Lola's mother cannot be evil.

On what grounds?

Lola's mother cannot be evil.

Evil is not so absolute in one piece. Big Mom is very powerful, has a very short temper, is wrathful, and does not believe in compromising when it comes to getting what she wants. We have not seen much of her and honestly she could have more sides to her character that smooth her out a little.

Grexeno

Evil is not so absolute in one piece. Big Mom is very powerful, has a very short temper, is wrathful, and does not believe in compromising when it comes to getting what she wants. We have not seen much of her and honestly she could have more sides to her character that smooth her out a little.
She annihilates entire islands for failing to provide her candy tribute, and eats people.

But I'm sure she's just misunderstood.

She annihilates entire islands for failing to provide her candy tribute, and eats people.

But I'm sure she's just misunderstood.

I assumed eating people had something to do with her devil fruit power.

Lots of pirates go for a scary image, just look at Barto the cannibal. But in actual history the pirates who went for the most scary image and tried to develop the worst reputations were ones who just wanted ships to surrender to them without fighting.

I don't really expect her to be an incredibly nice person.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Maybe she will fall for Luffy and want to marry him. Scratch that, Sanji.

Maybe she's just looking for a good meal. Like in the far distant past she fought a hard battle and won, then afterwards she was given a single rice ball by some random chef and it was the most delicious thing she's ever tasted. Ever since then she's been looking for either the chef who made it for her or someone who could cook on his level, her search turned her darker than she once was as she began to lose all hope and become cynical. Then she meets Sanji and has some of his cooking, it's gloriousness tears away at her hard shell and she becomes the woman she once was.

Or something like that. Well either that or she really is a total dick and Luffy winds up putting the beat down on her.

One Piece 770

Oda making all the fights happen right next to each other is sacrificing some badass one v ones

That said, I enjoyed Zoro once again making fun of the bad guy's quirks and of course the giant punch

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
ok I now understand the bellamy "fight" purpose is to stall the main fights progression to let the crew and their allies beat their designated foes. Still can't believe bellamy is such a dumb ass though.

Lunar15

An entire chapter to take out Machvise

That's easily the biggest problem with this arc. We have a lot of undeveloped allies taking out a lot of undeveloped villains. I know Oda loves coming up with character designs, but there's just wayyyy too many people in this arc. It's his achilles heel lately.

Eh, this chapter was okay. It is nice to see Zoro's perspective on the battlefield again and see that he's still pretty overconfident even fighting Pica now. I'm wondering when we'll actually see a struggling Zoro fight in the New World, perhaps against a Yonko?

That's easily the biggest problem with this arc. We have a lot of undeveloped allies taking out a lot of undeveloped villains. I know Oda loves coming up with character designs, but there's just wayyyy too many people in this arc. It's his achilles heel lately.

This is true and it's really hard to read such tiny movements each week but damn as I looking forward to a total read-through of this arc once it's done.

Lunar15

This is true and it's really hard to read such tiny movements each week but damn as I looking forward to a total read-through of this arc once it's done.

Yeah, the arcs are all enjoyable once they're done. Week to week, they can often be unbearable with all the jumping around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom