• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kater

Banned
Never stop being amazing, OP fans.

tumblr_nfp8lwqy4e1rm4m3wo1_250.gif

tumblr_nfp8lwqy4e1rm4m3wo2_r1_250.gif

tumblr_nfp8lwqy4e1rm4m3wo3_r1_250.gif

😄

Also, Law's arm getting his arm stomped off was brutal.

Like, Doflamingo didn't use his strings, he literally STOMPED on the arm so hard it ripped off

I am now even more baffled that Sanji came away from his encounter with Doflamingo with his leg intact!

YOHOHOHOHOHO~

No he did use his strings, he attached one to his boot and used it as a saw. Totally brutal as fuck though.

You can see the string, brah.

Jesus Christ, how many df moves does Mingo have, holy shit!

Bellamy is a page waster, hate that guy.

Totally missed the string. Still though, sawed his arm off then jesus

Also, I love how the page perspective for Bellamy's hopping attack is the same as the first time.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm sort of wondering if Bellamy is being set up as a Straw Hat here.

That would be pretty crazy, but I don't think so. He doesn't have a sad enough backstory. Though what we already know of him might count...

Really he just seems like a way to link the Donfla fight to Luffy on an emotional level.

IHaveIce

Banned
There are 3 options IMO:
1. Bellamy can't even finish the attack and will drop down and stay on the ground
2. Doffy will stop this nonsense and just wants to end Luffy right here.
3. The most unlikely IMO Luffy will punch him down exactly like back then, though it would be a huge time waste to let them both have a fight.

Everyone seems to think that Law could just re-attach his arm back on like nothing, but that's probably not the case.

Take notice how every time Law swaps someones body he uses his sword beforehand.
That implies that in order for Law to shamble someone's physical body, he needs to slice them with his sword first.

Everyone seems to think that Law could just re-attach his arm back on like nothing, but that's probably not the case.

Take notice how every time Law swaps someones body he uses his sword beforehand.
That implies that in order for Law to shamble someone's physical body, he needs to slice them with his sword first.

I think the sword is just to make a clean slice. Although I think we haven't seen Law put together an arm this messed up. Before the limbs he affected with shambles were clean breaks with no blood.

I think the sword is just to make a clean slice. Although I think we haven't seen Law put together an arm this messed up. Before the limbs he affected with shambles were clean breaks with no blood.

Most of Law's room attacks are sword-based. I don't think msking a clean slice is a part of why he uses his sword.

Isn't it supposed to be cursed?

Most of Law's room attacks are sword-based. I don't think msking a clean slice is a part of why he uses his sword.

Isn't it supposed to be cursed?

Dunno what difference it makes if it is cursed. Cursed swords are supposed to be bad luck for the people who use them like the curse of the mummy. They are not supposed to cut less cleanly or curse people they are used on.

Large "nodachi" swords were created to be used against cavalry which they were not especially great at. They have a reputation of being banned weapons when more normal sizes swords were common in Japan.

demidar

Dunno what difference it makes if it is cursed. Cursed swords are supposed to be bad luck for the people who use them like the curse of the mummy. They are not supposed to cut less cleanly or curse people they are used on.

Large "nodachi" swords were created to be used against cavalry which they were not especially great at. They have a reputation of being banned weapons when more normal sizes swords were common in Japan.

Zoro has a cursed sword, but I don't know if it was rusted away due to that Vice Admiral.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
There are 3 options IMO:
1. Bellamy can't even finish the attack and will drop down and stay on the ground
2. Doffy will stop this nonsense and just wants to end Luffy right here.
3. The most unlikely IMO Luffy will punch him down exactly like back then, though it would be a huge time waste to let them both have a fight.

4. Him saying he wanted to fight luffy was a diversion and he makes a suicide bounce towards Doffy in a last ditch attempt to hurt him

4. Him saying he wanted to fight luffy was a diversion and he makes a suicide bounce towards Doffy in a last ditch attempt to hurt him

Just to end his life as Doflamingo finishes him in a horrible way.

Seriously, it's better that Bellamy falls unconscious now than even attempting something againt luffy or DD.

Also, i too think the sword is a key for Law's powers in some way. Really doubt he'll be getting his arm back so easy.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Zoro has a cursed sword, but I don't know if it was rusted away due to that Vice Admiral.

The sword that got rusted away was Yubashiri, the sword that Ippon-Matsu (the salesman in Loguetown) gave to him after proving himself with the actual cursed sword, Sandai Kitetsu (or Kitetsu III).

daveo42

Banned
Finally read the latest chapter. Really late on that one.

Big stuff with Law getting his arm cut off by Doffy, which was insanely brutal and was legitimately surprised that happened. As for the whole bit with Bellamy, I think Doffy is gonna crush him before Luffy has a chance to even react, leading to Luffy getting an extra push to beat the absolute shit out of Doffy on top of the whole Law loosing that arm and the stuff with Rebecca.

Bellamy serves no purpose in this arc but to be Luffy's emotional engagement in the fight

100% agree.

demidar

The sword that got rusted away was Yubashiri, the sword that Ippon-Matsu (the salesman in Loguetown) gave to him after proving himself with the actual cursed sword, Sandai Kitetsu (or Kitetsu III).

The cursed sword doesn't seem to curse Zoro. Maybe it's just a poser.

jbug617

Banned
Always felt that there was a possibility of Zoro leaving the crew to do his own thing and coming back later on in the series

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Always felt that there was a possibility of Zoro leaving the crew to do his own thing and coming back later on in the series

No way. He's loyalty personified. He bowed to Hawkeye for Luffy, he took on all of Luffy's damage to save the crew after Thriller Bark and made sure Usopp apologized and knew what he did wrong before he came back. He's put Luffy and the crew above pretty much everything at every turn, no way he leaves to do his own thing.

demidar

No way. He's loyalty personified. He bowed to Hawkeye for Luffy, he took on all of Luffy's damage to save the crew after Thriller Bark and made sure Usopp apologized and knew what he did wrong before he came back. He's put Luffy and the crew above pretty much everything at every turn, no way he leaves to do his own thing.

Even if he wanted to go his own way he'd get lost and end up back with the crew.

Jigolo

The Yonko are not to be messed with. Whitebeard alone was wrecking the Marine Admirals. I'd put them (some) one spot above the admirals.

For example:
1. Whitebeard
2. Shanks
3. Kaido
4. Akainu
5. Big Mom
6. Kizaru
7. Fujitora

Something along those lines.

Grexeno

The Yonko are not to be messed with. Whitebeard alone was wrecking the Marine Admirals. I'd put them (some) one spot above the admirals.

For example:
1. Whitebeard
2. Shanks
3. Kaido
4. Akainu
5. Big Mom
6. Kizaru
7. Fujitora

Something along those lines.
I definitely wouldn't put Akainu above Big Mom. I definitely think you need at least 2 Admirals to take on one of the Four Emporers. I also think Mihawk is probably somewhere among the Admirals.

I definitely wouldn't put Akainu above Big Mom. I definitely think you need at least 2 Admirals to take on one of the Four Emporers. I also think Mihawk is probably somewhere among the Admirals.

Garp is also pretty up there too. Him and Mihawk are probably the strongest non-DF users after Shanks

Jigolo

Yeah that's the way I saw it too. A dying old man was destroying Akainu by himself so I'd imagine you need 2 admirals to take down a Yonko. The thing about Big Mom is that I haven't gotten a sense of anything about her. Doffy shits himself at hearing Kaido's name and we know Shanks and Whiteboard are complete monsters as well. I don't remember anything being said about Big Mom.

Yeah I was excluding the Warlords but I'd put Mihawk and Kuma up there with the admirals.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Just to end his life as Doflamingo finishes him in a horrible way.

Seriously, it's better that Bellamy falls unconscious now than even attempting something againt luffy or DD.

Also, i too think the sword is a key for Law's powers in some way. Really doubt he'll be getting his arm back so easy.

yeah i don't either. I feel the trump card is the "ope ope fruit makes you immortal" but him losing his arm permanently (if he lives through all this) would be a constant reminded of how serious the new world is whenever he is shown,

So, with Big Mom chasing Sanji and pals on the way to Zou, and Sanji has Caesar, and Kaidou wants Caesar, could we see a conflict between Big Mom and Kaidou with the pirate alliance in the middle?

yeah i don't either. I feel the trump card is the "ope ope fruit makes you immortal" but him losing his arm permanently (if he lives through all this) would be a constant reminded of how serious the new world is whenever he is shown,

Yeah, that would actually be a good way of showing that everything is crazier on this other half of the GL (if Oda does indeed still refuses to kill characters, as we've seen with the fodder marines on punk hazard)

So, with Big Mom chasing Sanji and pals on the way to Zou, and Sanji has Caesar, and Kaidou wants Caesar, could we see a conflict between Big Mom and Kaidou with the pirate alliance in the middle?

Well that if they actually managed to get to Zou. I'm pretty sure they've been captured and we'll have a Retrieve Sanji and co arc. (it's too convenient, considering Big Mom could actually fall in love with sanji's cooking abilities), though your idea is far more interesting, tbh.

Grexeno

Don't forget that Big Mom isn't actually on the ship chasing Caesar, just Pekoms and Baron Tamogo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom