• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jigolo

the samurais are dumb I want them to just leave already. Oda is already tracking the strawhats + law and these dudes (including momo) just seem like filler to me. They need to go

Nibel

QboCQMP.gif

Kornflayx

Awesome chapter.
So Kin'emon is a retainer for an important Wano family. And Raizo seems to be an important figure in story going forward.

Cat Viper is rising to the top of my fave list so fast. Awesome character

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
God damn it, the Minks are too awesome!
Even if it meant death, they protected their close friend.

Though this really makes me wonder what Kaidou wants with the Samurai and Wano.

KageZero

Well yeah, well played. Never expected that, like i got "frozen" for 2-3 sec when i read that. Besides that i can't add anything substantial.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Honestly this was so good, I don't mind that there's a break next week. Plus, we got a good streak going. It sounds like Oda is slowly getting back into the swing of things.

Majukun

Did anyone expect this? Blowing my mind right now.
almost called it

said last week that the whole angst against the samurai would be a red herring on oda's part...and uspected that raizou was indeed on zou thanks to beriete' "de gozaru" speech pattern...what i didn't thought was that ALL the minks were in on th secret...which is actually better since like i pointed out last week,if raizou was on the island and bariete was keeping him hidden,both would have appeared as huge assholes

convo

Total misdirection. Plain out in the open but he kept us thinking about other things.

Yeah people were focusing on the possible conflict like the rest of the strawhats but the minks always showed they don't have any prejudice against people so i doubted that they would freak out when those guys arrived. But this was different from what i expected for sure, those two countries are really the best buds in the series.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Side note: I forgot how fucking huge kinemon is. Look at him compared to usopp in that one panel.

He looked badass on that panel...reminded me of how fodder used to look next to Whitebeard, poor Usopp lol.

KageZero

almost called it

said last week that the whole angst against the samurai would be a red herring on oda's part...and uspected that raizou was indeed on zou thanks to beriete' "de gozaru" speech pattern...what i didn't thought was that ALL the minks were in on th secret...which is actually better since like i pointed out last week,if raizou was on the island and bariete was keeping him hidden,both would have appeared as huge assholes
How did that associate you with raizou? Maybe i'm missing something but wasn't he referring to the other 2 samurai's there.

Majukun

How did that associate you with raizou? Maybe i'm missing something but wasn't he referring to the other 2 samurai's there.

de gozaru is a speech pattern of kinemon (and momonosuke if i remember corretcly),so at the least we can associate it with wano in general..and bariete was nowhere near them for as long as to actually absorb any kind of speech pattern..so he should had some previous history with someone from wano...and since kinemon and kanjurou (and momonosuke) have never been on zou before,the only one known was raizou
also the single fact that he used that speech pattern contradicted by itself the previous assumption that the mink had nothing to do with samurai at all.

as i said,what i did failed to predict was that the entire nation was covering fro raizou (it's something incredible which adds to the surprise of this chapter)..and i thought that bariete was the one keeping raizou hidden...

KageZero

de gozaru is a speech pattern of kinemon (and momonosuke if i remember corretcly),so at the least we can associate it with wano in general..and bariete was nowhere near them for as long as to actually absorb any kind of speech pattern..so he should had some previous history with someone from wano...and since kinemon and kanjurou (and momonosuke) have never been on zou before,the only one known was raizou
also the single fact that he used that speech pattern contradicted by itself the previous assumption that the mink had nothing to do with samurai at all.

as i said,what i did failed to predict was that the entire nation was covering fro raizou (it's something incredible which adds to the surprise of this chapter)..and i thought that bariete was the one keeping raizou hidden...
I see but i doubt he could pick up a speak pattern from someone whom he knows for a short time(raizo) since i doubt he was on island for such a long time.

But y, now we know that they had a lot of connection with wano so it's not that weird.(Still i think your original assumption is a bit stretched :p)

NSESN

I don't know why, but i'm just happy after reading this chapter, it's incredible how Oda can affect my mood with this manga.

Majukun

I see but i doubt he could pick up a speak pattern from someone whom he knows for a short time(raizo) since i doubt he was on island for such a long time.

But y, now we know that they had a lot of connection with wano so it's not that weird.(Still i think your original assumption is a bit stretched :p)

it might be,but it definitely had a reason to be there..it was extremely marked..he/she basically uses it way more than even kinemon does..and de gozaru is an archaic from of the verb "to be"..so it had to have some meaning..especially from someone of a tribe who just said that had no connection with samurais and were isolated from the entire world for centuries..where could he/she pick that speech pattern if not from a samurai?
especially,now that i think about it..after he already picked up the "ETEE" of the ninja running..back in the chapter it was treated as a joke..but now it might be bariete's shtick XD

RomanceDawn

Wow. The whole chapter I kept thinking I wish things would move faster, here comes the inevitable misunderstanding and fight before the Straw Hats settle things. That final reveal was AWESOME!!!! That was a twist I was not expecting! The idea that the whole country would go that far, even under torture, to keep an ally safe made me tear up.

The Mink's are all very good actors. Or maybe they are bad and Jack saw right through them. I've assumed Kaido has been occupying Wano for a while now(maybe that snow country complete with Japanese castle and bonsai trees?) so I suppose he found out about the Zou allies there.

it might be,but it definitely had a reason to be there..it was extremely marked..he/she basically uses it way more than even kinemon does..and de gozaru is an archaic from of the verb "to be"..so it had to have some meaning..especially from someone of a tribe who just said that had no connection with samurais and were isolated from the entire world for centuries..where could he/she pick that speech pattern if not from a samurai?
especially,now that i think about it..after he already picked up the "ETEE" of the ninja running..back in the chapter it was treated as a joke..but now it might be bariete's shtick XD

It could also have been De gosaru as a pun on the fact he's a monkey

That "de gozaru" pretty much used to be the catchphrase of Rurouni Kenshin and Oda used to be an assistant on that manga. Like dattabayo for Naruto even although it isn't nonsense. It's just considered excessively polite and old fashioned language.

Chariot

I don't know why, but i'm just happy after reading this chapter, it's incredible how Oda can affect my mood with this manga.
It's always amazing to see people stick up for others on the risk of their own life. Like the people who hid and protected jews and other political persecuted victims in the Reich or muslims standing up for christians against terrorists threatening to kill them.

Majukun

It could also have been De gosaru as a pun on the fact he's a monkey

it probably is knowing oda,but it still has to have some kind of explanation in the story..especially when that one word has been associated to kinemon and momonosuke for so long in the manga..it's like if someone starts to put "-ya" at the end of names but it's not related in any way to law

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom