• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxn

Yep. At most Oda would go into the pirate group that destroyed Nami's village, rather than Nami's biological parents. But I doubt he even does that. Nami, Ussop and Chopper's backstories were pretty complete from the get go.

The ones with gaps in their backstories was always Luffy, Robin, Sanji and Brook. I doubt he ever goes into detail about anyone else.

Robin's backstory is pretty complete by now. Well as complete as its going to get.

blackleg-sanji1 are you ok

CakmpL7VIAEPqil.jpg:large
Lmao wth?!...I'll take 10

smurfx

get some go again
i really hope oda doesn't give other strawhats some famous parent. there might still be a surprise with robin's dad so please don't make nami or franky's parents famous. would be a funny gag if zoro somehow ended up in east blue from the new world or something though. don't want him having famous parents though just some deadbeat dad that didn't really care all that much that his son never came back home. that or he never noticed him being gone all this time.

Firestorm

Has there been anything to suggest that Shueisha will continue to do digitally coloured versions of One Piece and if Viz will pick it up? Just finished my re-read and I would definitely pay to have officially translated versions for future reads but I can't find anything about Viz even acknowledging them :(

Dugna

i really hope oda doesn't give other strawhats some famous parent. there might still be a surprise with robin's dad so please don't make nami or franky's parents famous. would be a funny gag if zoro somehow ended up in east blue from the new world or something though. don't want him having famous parents though just some deadbeat dad that didn't really care all that much that his son never came back home. that or he never noticed him being gone all this time.

or zoro's dad just being to directionally impaired and never finding him again.

oh no, dear Lawd if Sanji marries anything similar to this........
Its so weird the tea party was in 4 days after Pekom & Tamago saw Luffy WITH Sanji & they wait 2 days later till Sanji is on Zou to pick him up?

Its so weird the tea party was in 4 days after Pekom & Tamago saw Luffy WITH Sanji & they wait 2 days later till Sanji is on Zou to pick him up?
Wasn't that a different Tea Party? It already happened since we're over a week after Fishman Island on Zou.

Majukun

Wasn't that a different Tea Party? It already happened since we're over a week after Fishman Island on Zou.

maybe it was postponed because of the lack of fishman sweets?

you would think that after a bomb blew up in her face,big mom would be at the mugiwara's throats

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Big Mom is the scariest villain in One Piece. Not only in her monstrous appearance and behavior, but also in how cutthroat her crew is.

Kaido seems like he'll be more of a "badass" type. Big Mom is just a legitimately frightening pirate.

Big Mom seems very old school gangster-like, which was definitely not how I pictured her to be with all the fantasy/witch references. The head in the box thing, the whole tea-party setup, and even her former hold on Fishman Island all seem very bureaucratic as if she's actually made a working empire for herself with many moving parts.

Kaido just seems like a guy who does whatever the fuck he wants and people respect or follow him out of strength rather than smarts.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
We're probably getting a break after this week's chapter, right? I don't think there's been one so far this year

Lunar15

Big Mom is the scariest villain in One Piece. Not only in her monstrous appearance and behavior, but also in how cutthroat her crew is.

Kaido seems like he'll be more of a "badass" type. Big Mom is just a legitimately frightening pirate.

I actually think she'll end up helping Luffy.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Big Mom seems very old school gangster-like, which was definitely not how I pictured her to be with all the fantasy/witch references. The head in the box thing, the whole tea-party setup, and even her former hold on Fishman Island all seem very bureaucratic as if she's actually made a working empire for herself with many moving parts.

Kaido just seems like a guy who does whatever the fuck he wants and people respect or follow him out of strength rather than smarts.
I can see a theme forming here for the Emperors:

Whitebeard: Power from Alliances
Big Mom: Power from Knowledge
Kaido: Power from Brute Strength
Blackbeard: Power from ??? (Trickery? Planning?)
Shanks: Power from ???

Ogodei

Buggy has to be quite happy that Luffy kicked his ass back at Orange Town. If he hadn't, Buggy probably would have been content to stay there, bullying East Blue locals and being a biggish fish in a small pond.

Guy is a great example of failing upwards and it's brilliant.

RomanceDawn

It's a different Tea Party for sure. Capone mentioned that the conditions had changed from the time they met at Dressrosa to after the bounties were released.

Big Mom probably holds Tea Parties regularly and this particular one if for a wedding.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Buggy will end up becoming Pirate King with Luffy renouncing him dream based on the truth of the Void Century and Will of D. Calling it now

It's a different Tea Party for sure. Capone mentioned that the conditions had changed from the time they met at Dressrosa to after the bounties were released.

Big Mom probably holds Tea Parties regularly and this particular one if for a wedding.

Thanks RD for clearing that up! I also posted that pic to show Kokoro's lips are the same as Big Mom's & Bonny's & Lola's.

Those spoilers aren legitimate since they weren't posted by any of the verifiable members of 2chan. But many have speculated that since the arc started.

So I wasn't too far off. At least the end is in sight.

Oh God. I can already picture this dragging on forever in the anime.

"Episode 742: Panic! Rush To Stop The Birdcage!"
"Episode 743: Give It All You've Got! Everyone vs The Birdcage!"
"Episode 744: A Helping Hand! Admiral Fujitora Arrives to Slow Down The Birdcage!"
"Episode 745: It Stopped For A Second! Keep Pushing The Birdcage!"
"Episode 746: Nothing Happens! Did I Forget To Mention That The Birdcage Is Still Up?!"

Just shoot me.
February-March Schedule said:
February 14 – One Piece Episode 729: 「火炎竜王 ルフィの命を守りぬけ」
“Flame Dragon King – Protect Luffy’s Life”

Screenplay: 「上坂浩彦」 Hirohiko Uesaka
Episode director: 「えんどうてつや」 Tetsuya Endō
Storyboard: 「えんどうてつや」 Tetsuya Endō
Animation director: 「伊藤修一」Shūichi Itō

February 21 – One Piece Episode 730: 「奇跡の涙 マンシェリーの戦い!」
“Tears of Miracles – Mansherry’s Battle!”

Screenplay: 「冨岡淳広」 Atsuhiro Tomioka
Episode director: 「細田雅弘」 Masahiro Hosoda
Storyboard: 「細田雅弘」 Masahiro Hosoda
Animation director: 「楢崎朝子、多嘉良敢」 Asako Narasaki, Takara Isamu

February 28 – One Piece Episode 731: 「命の限り 死の鳥カゴを止めろ!」
“Till Our Dying Breath — Stop the Bird Cage of Death!”

Screenplay: 「上坂浩彦」 Hirohiko Uesaka
Episode director: 「小山保徳」 Yasunori Koyama
Storyboard: 「小牧文」 Aya Komaki
Animation director: 「五十内裕輔」 Yūsuke Isouchi

March 6 – One Piece Episode 732: 「生か死か 運命のカウントダウン」
“Life or Death — The Countdown of Destiny”

Screenplay: 「田中仁」 Hitoshi Tanaka
Episode director: 「伊藤聡伺」 Satoshi Itō
Storyboard: 「伊藤聡伺」 Satoshi Itō
Animation director: 「川村敦子」Atsuko Kawamura

*TBA – One Piece Episode 733: 「天を討つ ルフィ怒りの大猿王銃」
“Strike the Heavens — Luffy’s King Kong Gun of Rage”

Screenplay: 「米村正二」 Shōji Yonemura
Episode director: 「深澤敏則」 Toshinori Fukuzawa
Storyboard: 「深澤敏則」 Toshinori Fukuzawa
Animation director: 「久田和也」Kazuya Hisada

Wth!? oda throwing curveballs again I see.
Didn't expect this

Also makes my respect for the Minks go even higher. These guys are strong, friendly, loyal. Even Nekamushi turns out to be a cool cat, even though it was implied he was a demon

This is turning out to be the best arc since Water 7/Ennies Lobby!

Also makes my respect for the Minks go even higher. These guys are strong, friendly, loyal. Even Nekamushi turns out to be a cool cat, even though it was implied he was a demon

This is turning out to be the best arc since Water 7/Ennies Lobby!
I have to agree! I didn't expect thisarc to be so damn cool!! The minks are a very interesting race.

I put the manga on the back a while ago, was losing interest. I'm probably going to continue soon but...

Has the 'Dressrosa' arc been concluded yet? Y/N

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom