• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kater

Banned
Pica's giant head looks so goofy. It's not unexpected that someone shopped the text in the speech bubble.

tumblr_ngf0rxKRpv1rm4m3wo1_400.jpg

Can't wait for Zoro to get serious.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Stop reading pages from that one place. Wait for the (slightly) better pages before giving thoughts.
It's clear the bears don't know what they're doing.

Lunar15

I'm re watching one piece and.... those sea kings in the 1st intro looks awfully similar to those who stop noah

That's because they are the same ones. Or at least, look exactly the same. Oda has used those designs multiple times. Might be that it's the same ones that keep showing up, or it's just different members of the same "species".

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
That's because they are the same ones. Or at least, look exactly the same. Oda has used those designs multiple times. Might be that it's the same ones that keep showing up, or it's just different members of the same "species".
I just thought it was weird

I enjoyed the Pica stuff and Hajrudin's Gungir punch.
Everything else feels disjointed. I wish Oda had introduced a few more members of the Donquixote Family in Punk Hazard first, so that they won't feel so underused.

I like that Viz calls them Neptunians. Does that make me a bad person.

But they have nothing to do with King Neptune.

it's been a lot of time since i felt unsatisfied with a chapter. The Pica vs Zoro fight should have ended here, it's been really boring and has dragged on for too long.

But Zoro hasn't been handicapped yet. >.>

Am I the only one who thinks that Hajrudin is going to be our introduction into Elbaf? Or at least a pivotal character when we get to that arc five years from now.

Syntsui

This bird cage thing is such a weak plot tool.

I mean, Sabo, Zoro and the new Admiral should easily destroy/cut the strings. I know they are all busy and have no reason to get out of the island without Mingo's complete defeat, but there is no reason at all for this shit existing in the first place.

I mean, Sabo, Zoro and the new Admiral should easily destroy/cut the strings. I know they are all busy and have no reason to get out of the island without Mingo's complete defeat, but there is no reason at all for this shit existing in the first place.

...besides causing the citizens of Dressrosa to panic, distracting Luffy's allies to put extra pressure on them, and if need be to kill everyone to protect Doflamingo's secret?

Nightbird

Lol, so Super Gigant Battle got amiibo Support for Mario, Luigi, Link and Fox. The Costumes are pretty hilarious.

Look at them here (Link to the News i got them from instead of posting Scans)

I would love to make a Thread about this, but since i'm a Junior, i can't

They've been around far longer than he has. It's easy enough to imagine he was named Neptune in honor of those other "Sea Kings," innit?

INNIT??!?!

7Dj53m1.gif

What makes you assume that Sabo or Zoro could break through the birdcage?

Fujitora's meteor couldn't even break the strings and was sliced right through them. Let that sink in for a moment.

Kater

Banned

Fujitora's meteor couldn't even break the strings and was sliced right through them. Let that sink in for a moment.
It probably works like Sugars power. So that means you have to make the DF user unconscious to stop the powers effects.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!

Well, the meteor is just a big rock movin really fast. I'd imagine something haki-infused (and bladed) could probably make quick work of it.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Now that a better translation is out

Yeah, this is part of the reason arcs can be better in one sitting rather than piece by piece every week.
The breaks don't help.

Lol, so Super Gigant Battle got amiibo Support for Mario, Luigi, Link and Fox. The Costumes are pretty hilarious.

That's hysterical. I want this game

Kater

Banned

That looks awful. :/

Don't know if it really is worth a thread. Amiibos are DOA anyway, apparently.

Still, thanks for the link. ;)

Zeppu

Guys, have you seen the coloured versions of the manga? They're up to chapter 550-ish and they look glorious.

Since they're recent they also have good translations for earlier chapters with consistent names as well, none of that Zolo, Ruffy nonsense.

Well, the meteor is just a big rock movin really fast. I'd imagine something haki-infused (and bladed) could probably make quick work of it.

It's a giant rock that's moving at hypersonic speeds from space. That's nothing to snuff at.

It might be easier for an Emperor to break through the birdcage.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
It's a giant rock that's moving at hypersonic speeds from space. That's nothing to snuff at.

It's still just a rock tho. Doflamingo and Law cut them to ribbons using their standard attacks when Fujitora first started throwing them.

The thing about the birdcage is just that it's super sharp. A big blunt surface would just get bisected. Now one of Zoro's swords might be another story.

Kater

Banned
It's still just a rock tho. Doflamingo and Law cut them to ribbons using their standard attacks when Fujitora first started throwing them.

The thing about the birdcage is just that it's super sharp. A big blunt surface would just get bisected. Now one of Zoro's swords might be another story.
Nah, it probably won't do much. It's DF powers and Zoros brute attacks won't do anything to disrupt it.

We still don't really know if Fujitora's meteorits are DF raining down because of DF powers or if it's just that his sword doing it.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Nah, it probably won't do much. It's DF powers and Zoros brute attacks won't do anything to disrupt it.

I dunno, Zoro's got some finesse with those swords these days. He's cuttin all sorts of shit in half. Especially if he hakis that sword up ahead of time.

Kater

Banned
I'd have to think the strings being haki infused makes a difference here
I dunno, Zoro's got some finesse with those swords these days. He's cuttin all sorts of shit in half. Especially if he hakis that sword up ahead of time.
But that would make him the hero of the story instead of Luffy... well, I guess it wouldn't be the first time that he would be the secret hero since that stuff on Thriller Bark. :p

Anyway, I had hoped that someone else (like Usopp) would go down as the sole secret hero this arc. :/
I want to see the "weaker" Strawhat pirates succeding over the evil.

But that would make him the hero of the story instead of Luffy... well, I guess it wouldn't be the first time that he would be the secret hero since that stuff on Thriller Bark. :p

Anyway, I had hoped that someone else (like Usopp) would go down as the sole secret hero this arc. :/
I want to see the "weaker" Strawhat pirates succeding over the evil.

I mean, he kinda is. He's not gonna take down Doflamingo but his actions have by far been the most important

Kater

Banned
They kind of always are. Look at Enies Lobby when he sniped the marines letting Franky free Robin
That's why he's God Usopp. That nickname doesn't come from nothing.
But does he get some praise for it? No, nothing at all. :(
I mean, he kinda is. He's not gonna take down Doflamingo but his actions have by far been the most important
I mean, yeah, at least he has ruined the plans of Doflamingo of having a kingdom for himself. Still though, I wish he could do more.

Dugna

But does he get some praise for it? No, nothing at all. :(

I mean, yeah, at least he has ruined the plans of Doflamingo of having a kingdom for himself. Still though, I wish he could do more.

Usopp is probably going to have his own posse by the end of show....he like Luffy is really good at making friends with people. It's like how most of the time Usopp has accomplished so much because of the friends he has made.

I mean Usopp while making friends with Luffy completely now to the point where they're family, really got luffy's attention when he mentioned who his father was. Then there was things like Enies lobby where he convinced the giants to help them because he knew their bosses. More and more of his lies from Syrup Village are coming true.

TL;DR Usopp is actually going to make his lies truth by the end of this show.

Ironically, most of the tall tales he told Kaya have came true at some point during the Straw Hats' voyage. These include meeting a giant goldfish (as the crew was leaving Little Garden) fighting against a giant mole (against Miss Merry Christmas during the climax in the Alabasta Arc), meeting dwarves (when Robin and Usopp were captured by dwarves in Green Bit) and being a captain (as he is called by all the toys and dwarfs when he frees them on Dressrosa)

From the wiki.

I guess the remaining "lie" that still hasn't come true is the "followers" one, right? Though he actually gained a lot of them in Dressrosa.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
From the wiki.

I guess the remaining "lie" that still hasn't come true is the "followers" one, right? Though he actually gained a lot of them in Dressrosa.

I feel like the dwarf army fulfilled that requirement. Though the onset of God Usopp certainly produced some devout acolytes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom