• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurfx

get some go again
I have a feeling Blackbeard wants to manipulate the Revolutionaries into attacking another Yonko or the World Government itself. He'll probably blackmail them with the Revolutinary HQ location. I honestly don't see Akainu working with pirates though. He's fine with manipulating but I feel his pride would prevent him from even thinking of siding with them.
akainu might think of it as him manipulating blackbeard since his end goal is still to wipe out all the emperors. there is also the possibility that blackbeard goes to the world government with his proposal and they force akainu to make an alliance. a perfect bargaining chip for blackbeard would be the revolutionaries and he's currently heading there now.

Lunar15

I just realized that Dragon's ability to make storms would be way more bitchin' in the hands of one of Blackbeard's Crew.

I mean, how could blackbeard not have a guy who could make storms? That's the most Blackbeard thing I can think of.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I just realized that Dragon's ability to make storms would be way more bitchin' in the hands of one of Blackbeard's Crew.

I mean, how could blackbeard not have a guy who could make storms? That's the most Blackbeard thing I can think of.

Well, from the looks of it he might be getting that power soon.

When was Dragon's ability revealed?

Do you mean this picture?

JPEEhpv.png
Yeah

BHK3

Banned
WG has to have the last poneglyph or it's on the moon. Whatever happened after or during the void century caused the WG to not have every poneglyph. I don't remember how or why Roger could read the poneglyphs but why wouldn't the WG just go collect the other 2-3 if they wanted to stop Roger from finding Raftel?

WG has to have the last poneglyph or it's on the moon. Whatever happened after or during the void century caused the WG to not have every poneglyph. I don't remember how or why Roger could read the poneglyphs but why wouldn't the WG just go collect the other 2-3 if they wanted to stop Roger from finding Raftel?
Not sure if they knew about Roger, or maybe just assumed that no one alive would be able to read them. I mean, even in this chap Dogstorm says that no one has reached raftel in hundreds of years aside from Roger and his crew.
We also don't know the strength levels of the WG. Could they survive an all out war with a Yonko trying to get these stones?
A lot on the table.

smurfx

get some go again
the world government likely didn't even know about the stones. the creators of the poneglyphs lived in zou and had no contact with the world government. how would they know what exactly was written on the stones? the world government likely just kept hunting down whoever had the people in zou create the poneglyphs to near extinction. they probably figured with them out of the way they didn't have to worry about any of the history getting out. things seemed to work out pretty well for them until roger. although i wonder who got roger interested in the void century.

Big One

Banned
I def think the last Road Poneglyph is on Elbaf, or used to be on Elbaf. Elbaf seems like it's going to be one of those massive islands one can easily hide such a thing. If it's not on Elbaf, maybe there'll be a storyline were the WG stole it and houses it at Mariejois years ago.

smurfx

get some go again
I def think the last Road Poneglyph is on Elbaf, or used to be on Elbaf. Elbaf seems like it's going to be one of those massive islands one can easily hide such a thing. If it's not on Elbaf, maybe there'll be a storyline were the WG stole it and houses it at Mariejois years ago.
maybe it will be like in the 5th element and the road poneglyph will be inside some really old person from elbaf.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
the world government likely didn't even know about the stones. the creators of the poneglyphs lived in zou and had no contact with the world government. how would they know what exactly was written on the stones? the world government likely just kept hunting down whoever had the people in zou create the poneglyphs to near extinction. they probably figured with them out of the way they didn't have to worry about any of the history getting out. things seemed to work out pretty well for them until roger. although i wonder who got roger interested in the void century.

I think you are confused, the Kozuki clan of Wano are the masons responsible for the poneglyphs, not anyone in Zou. That said, Wano is also extremely isolationist, and is not a World Government nation.

smurfx

get some go again
I think you are confused, the Kozuki clan of Wano are the masons responsible for the poneglyphs, not anyone in Zou. That said, Wano is also extremely isolationist, and is not a World Government nation.
lol whoops yeah i meant wano. they were isolationist and they didn't know what they were carving into the stones so even if the world government found out the stones were made they couldn't get any information out of them. only ones who knew what the message contains were the guardians. it's interesting that vivi's descendants were guardians as well even though they were related to the kings who created the world government.

does anybody know the people on zou have one? you're not a very good guardian if people know you have one. they might only know big mom and kaidou have one since that information leaked out by other pirates.

Not sure. Minks don't seem to leave home as often as Giants do, and there are giants working for the WG.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The Minks literally just let their society get destroyed over keeping a guest secret instead of telling a lie or just handing him over. No one besides those who need to know know about the Pony Stony.

he will probably be back but i wonder if this time around he will become luffy's ally.

I dunno. It's possible, but he would need a reason to side with him like Crocodile.

If Enel has the other two Haki now, combined with his godlike observation Haki and Devil Fruit he could be as strong as the Admirals.

smurfx

get some go again
I was thinking more Krillin even. Hell, even Krillin and Goku were once rivals. Law has basically been on Luffy's side the entire time.
actually law would be more like trunks then. he was always on goku's side and wanted goku to help him accomplish something. buggy might be yajirobe then. they are both weak but buggy managed to become a warlord and yajirobe helped defeat vegeta. sanji=yamcha?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
actually law would be more like trunks then. he was always on goku's side and wanted goku to help him accomplish something. buggy might be yajirobe then. they are both weak but buggy managed to become a warlord and yajirobe helped defeat vegeta.

Both solid DBZ analogies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Story is really picking up now.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
There is so much about Enel's cover story that we don't understand yet. It will most definitely play a part in the story at some point.
Yeah, I thought it was a goofy side story, but with the recent theories about the origins of D, the connections the OP world has to the moon, and the introduction of the Mink tribe, it seems to carry a lot more weight to it. The Minks look very similar to the race of Space Pirates that appeared on the moon, and are keepers of the Road Poneglyph... and they came to hold that responsibility somehow. Also remember that the moon was basically Skypiea's version of paradise, a holy land that they were destined to one day return to. These legends exist nowhere else in the world, except for Skypiea; this is most likely because Skypiea is removed from the Blue Seas, and I'd put my money on it relating to the Void Century somehow.

The moon, Skypiean legend, the void century, Raftel, the Celestial Dragons, the Will of D, and the reason the Revolutionary Army exists and is labeled the most dangerous threat in the world by the World Government is all going to be connected, and we've just stepped onto the road leading to the answer to all of these with this latest chapter.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
If we accept that Enel's cover story is canon and not a wacky joke sendoff, we have to accept that he flew to the moon using propellers. Just sayin.

RomanceDawn

If we accept that Enel's cover story is canon and not a wacky joke sendoff, we have to accept that he flew to the moon using propellers. Just sayin.

Dude this is One Piece. Anything that happens in a cover story is canon. If you are only now coming to terms with the wackiness then you need to do a reread with an open mind.

In One Piece the following can happen and it's all serious business even if played for gags.

1- Not only can you get to the moon with propellers you can get to and from there with every day helium balloons. Serious business.

2- Entire Islands float in the sky with balloons. Serious business.

3- If brute strength isn't enough to break iron chains then the main characters rubber teeth are powerful enough to eat through them. Serious business.

4- You can survive standing on stilts for years eating just apples and never once come down.
Serious business.

5- Blowing into the thumb or muscles of a rubber man causes the limb to inflate like classic cartoons. Serious business.

6- Love can hurt a fruit user just as much as Haki. Serious business.

7- A man replaced much of his organs with a refrigerator that runs most efficiently on Cola. Oda explains "because cola is good!" Serious business.

I think you might have been the only one who didn't take Eneru's story seriously. I mean if you look at the ancient pictures you can discover so much. It explains why they left the moon, how they left the moon, why there are multiple types of wings, why the Shandora civilization had wings before they went to the sky, and with Luffy winking at the audience with wings we were given a massive hint about D's, the ancient kingdom and its allies.

This is One Piece, where the absolutely absurd is still serious business.

This is the same world where the Grand Line's weather exists. All the other cover stories have been canon. Enel found ancient Egyptian-like hieroglyphs on the moon, indicating some old, old race used to inhabit the Moon. Like most things in Skypeia, it will be relevant but only in the long run/end game.

Gotta remember that the one glimpse we got of the celestial level was in Ohara and it looked like this -

tumblr_mj5d6nNlEG1r0o7zoo1_400.jpg

Maybe having six moons orbiting so close fucks the Ocean up because tidal force or something.

I read a plausible, well thought out theory years ago about the Moon race and while I don't remember all the details, it convinced me that eventually the Moon will be important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom