• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of you are going to eat crow when the Happou Navy and Elbaf giants contribute majorly to the upcoming arcs.

We have Wano (Japan) and Kano (China) in the same arc. That's totally seed-planting for the upcoming Wano arc. Possibly a conflict between Samurai and Happou.

The thing about Law is that he is always concerned that the odds he is facing are impossible and that he is facing them alone. Everything to him is a struggle. Yes he is serious but just being a serious character in a comedy manga is not enough to get the kids to identify with him too much. Luffy is a character with almost no angst since he just believes that he can do everything and has total faith that people who he trusts will come through for him.

I see that more as Law being a pragmatist, used to a more methodical way of doing things for so long he's not used to jumping into it like Luffy and crew. Angst would be if he sat around moping

Astral

I really liked how these last two chapters focused on some of the more minor characters. They deserve the screen time. I've always thought Sai was cool and Baby 5 was as cute as ever.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
You know, whenever I see a surprisingly dark scene in One Piece (in this case, Baby 5 happily attempting suicide), one thought crosses my mind. How the hell would 4Kids have covered this?

Oh hey, they finally stopped counting Usopp and Sogeking as separate characters in the popularity poll.

Either that or he didn't even get enough votes. It's been years since Usopp donned the mask.

BatDan

They didn't count Fake Sogeking?

I'm surprised none of the Fake Hats got on the list.
Hell, I look at this list and wonder how some of these characters got on. Like "Farafra" (one of Kohza's men in the Rebel army), or any of Law's crewmates that aren't Bepo.

Nightbird

To be honest, i would have loved to see what happend if Baby 5 fell in Love with Sanji. Should be funny
KuGsj.gif

Popularity Poll results:

1. Luffy.
2. Law
3. Zoro
4. Sanji
5. Sabo
6. Ace
7. Chopper
8. Nami
9. Bartolomeo
10. Hancock

The rest (taken from redon at Arlong Park because I'm too lazy to type it all up)
Sonuva.... Damn it, poor Usopp. His day will come!
Glad Luffy kept #1, but Law at 2? Come on. Please. No.

edit: and Hancock over Robin? This poll makes me cry.

BatDan

For comparison to the rest of the world, Luffy is 5'7''.
With that in mind, Doffy is about... 10 feet tall.

Height in One Piece is all over the place. Whitebeard isn't a giant, but he's at least 18 feet tall

tumblr_ngsmfjQcc21s0gezao1_1280.png

Doflamingo getting violated.lol

Man that's a great statue. One Piece has always had characters of unbelievable heights. Blackbeard is around 11 feet tall and he's the shortest member of his crew. The admirals are pretty much over 10 feet too. Whitebeard and Moria aren't even humans anymore when you consider it for them and let's not even talk about Big Mom.

I love how Japan really cares for everything OP, all with the Merry/Sunny replicas, the Ace and Whitebeard graves, etc. I'd love to visit them all!

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I hope baby 5 realizes Doffy was only using her. I always pitied her for some reason.
I pity anyone who works for Doflamingo.

I pity anyone who works for Doflamingo.

I did until Doffy got pissed off about people screwing with his crew. Even when someone slaughters innocents for fun and profit, they like to make a distinction over which evil people care about their own people. The difference in Kuro and Doffy although Doffy seems WAY more evil.

I did until Doffy got pissed off about people screwing with his crew. Even when someone slaughters innocents for fun and profit, they like to make a distinction over which evil people care about their own people. The difference in Kuro and Doffy although Doffy seems WAY more evil.

It's what separates Doflamingo from Crocodile, although ironically Croc might return to be an ally again while Doflamingo probably won't

It's what separates Doflamingo from Crocodile, although ironically Croc might return to be an ally again while Doflamingo probably won't

Yeah that is kind of weird. Not giving a crap about your allies is usually reserved for the lowest of the low.
I think Croc got most of his heat back when he went off about Whitebeard kicking his ass.

Tuck

Plowed through the Fishman arc over the past four days. God-tier stuff. Really liked how he tackled racism and discrimination between the two races.

On to Punk Hazard.

Some things from the Volume 76 SBS, courtesy of Redon on Reddit. Didn't see it posted yet

Dellinger was picked up by Donquixote family when he was a baby. He became feminine due to Jora's educational policy.

The average life span of dwarves is about 150

About Vivi
Image number: 5.5
Image color: White (Gold)
Image animal: Dove/Pigeon
Blood type: F (this is the same as Luffy's)
Favorite food: curry, pudding
Food that she can't eat: Dried shredded squid

If strawhats had not become pirates, what job would they have engaged in?
Luffy: Fire Fighter
Zoro: Policeman
Nami: Child Care Person
Usopp: Graphic Designer
Sanji: Beautician
Chopper: Teacher in elementary school
Robin: Flight Attendant
Franky: Pilot
Brook: Detective

Whitebeard wouldn't allow his ship's doctors (women) to fight as combatant.
That's why he didn't take them to Marinfeford war. He was prepared for death...

How about starting to use Twitter?
Oda: I will not write any messages on the internet except for something related to Shueisha and Toei Animation.
considering that Bepo is a polar bear, Penguin is, well, a Penguin and Shachi is a killer whale, Law is supposedly a spotted seal. (fan submitted thing)

BatDan

Some things from the Volume 76 SBS, courtesy of Redon on Reddit. Didn't see it posted yet

Now I want to see fan art of the "other professions"

That's very smart of Oda. Considering the overreactions I see on here to game industry feeds, people would go mad from Oda's posts

"Ate some barbecue today. #Delicious"
"THE ONE PIECE IS FOOD!"
"No you fuck that means Bartolmeo will join the crew"
"No it means Luffy is going to kill Doffy!"
"RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE"

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Robin has to be the most traveled of any character in any arc. All she's done is run from one place to another. I'm not sure there's a locale on Dressrosa she hasn't been to by now.

Robin has to be the most traveled of any character in any arc. All she's done is run from one place to another. I'm not sure there's a locale on Dressrosa she hasn't been to by now.

It's a shame though, i really wanted her to have a memorable fight in this arc...

Also, i hope Rebecca
stands for herself for once and delivers the final blow to Diamante, but probably won't happen...

So Dellinger was a merman. The ones in the arena, probably under his control or something. Now that Cavendish's brutal mode is out, Im expecting him vs Bart once Gladius gets knocked out. Also Baby 5 cracked me up. Great chapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom