• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Momo isn't some normal kid.

014ssss.png

It's totally possible that he has some sort of ability to see "past lives" or see the future or something.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Momo isn't some normal kid.

http://i1000.photobucket.com/albums/af126/md8726/014ssss.png[IMG]

It's totally possible that he has some sort of ability to see "past lives" or see the future or something.[/QUOTE]

[quote="Blackleg-sanji1, post: 198500909"]I wonder..alof people assume the elephant is who luffy heard maybe its the whale[/QUOTE]

[quote="Lunar15, post: 198501952"]Yeah, I think the whale is connected to it, because Oda flashed a panel of the whale tree right when Luffy heard the noise.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I said that all like [URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=198465225&postcount=19248"]four pages ago[/URL]!!!

Squishy3

I mean if the whale's connected to the elephant it probably just ended up beached on it centuries ago and nobody could get it off so it eventually died and got petrified.

Also don't remember seeing it brought up but with everything we know now it's most likely Oden that was visiting Crocus.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
One Piece 820:

I'm glad Oda has Nami, Chopper, and Brooke going with Luffy to rescue Sanji since not only does it keep us from having another Luffy solo adventure so soon but it allows for the 4 Straw Hats who haven't had much manga time since the Doflamingo battle to get some time in the spotlight.

It was also nice of Nami to remind us about the log post goals and to get more info surrounding it now that we know about the Poneglyphs leading to One Piece, as it easily explains why it seemed like pirates like Shanks and the former White Beard pirates just appeared to be "floating around" the seas with no destination while newer pirate crews like the Straw Hats were going from destination to destination. I do hope one day we get to see some of these "off screen" battles and fights. The White Beard revenge battle sounds great, although I'm more curious to see why it was so one sided, especially with Black Beards crew about to fight/fighting the Revolutionaries. Burgess' battle with Sabo made me think Black Beard's crew weren't that far off from the Straw Hats, but I couldn't see the Straw Hats beating White Beard's division leaders right now. Of course it could be Burgess isn't much while Black Beard is in a whole different league.

The difference between the crews themselves probably isnt that high - but Blackbeard being the deciding factor while wielding 2 of the most powerful devil fruit powers is too much to handle for Marco and. Co.. Whitebeard alone in his near death state was capable of fucking a lot of shit up at Marineford and going toe to toe with the strongest OP characters...now give these powers to a healthy and dirty fighting Pirate like BB - well good luck.

BB also knows most of the WB Pirates and their powers while Marco and Co. probably didnt knew much about BB Crews and all the DF powers they had stolen/used at this point.

Ace alone would have destroyed the BB crew if it werent for BB himself so just like with the Strawhats the Top 3 are likely far stronger than the rest of the crew and compensating for weaker members.

The difference between the crews themselves probably isnt that high - but Blackbeard being the deciding factor while wielding 2 of the most powerful devil fruit powers is too much to handle for Marco and. Co.. Whitebeard alone in his near death state was capable of fucking a lot of shit up at Marineford and going toe to toe with the strongest OP characters...now give these powers to a healthy and dirty fighting Pirate like BB - well good luck.

BB also knows most of the WB Pirates and their powers while Marco and Co. probably didnt knew much about BB Crews and all the DF powers they had stolen/used at this point.

Ace alone would have destroyed the BB crew if it werent for BB himself so just like with the Strawhats the Top 3 are likely far stronger than the rest of the crew and compensating for weaker members.
I'd argue that Jesus Burgess and Shiliew are at least on the same level as the Monster Trio right now. Burgess kept up with Sabo until he got Ace's DF during Dressrosa.

E: Enjoy vacation, Oda.

cw_sasuke

I'd argue that Jesus Burgess and Shiliew are at least on the same level as the Monster Trio right now. Burgess kept up with Sabo until he got Ace's DF during Dressrosa.

Shiliew - for sure since he is Zoros counterpart. Dont know about Burgess yet - they way he got treated a couple of chapters ago makes me believe that he dropped quite a bit in the BB Pirates Hierarchy. Then again he got bodied by Sabo the same way Sanji got stomped by Doffy...lol.

Syntsui

Shiliew, maybe. There is this weird vibe about him, he must be ruthless. Burgess is a joke, Sabo completely destroyed him, there was no ''keeping up'' at all. You could make a point that Sabo is really powerfull, and he must be, but Burgess is way to demoralized right now. I don't see him being a threat to anyone.

Shiliew, maybe. There is this weird vibe about him, he must be ruthless. Burgess is a joke, Sabo completely destroyed him, there was no ''keeping up'' at all. You could make a point that Sabo is really powerfull, and he must be, but Burgess is way to demoralized right now. I don't see him being a threat to anyone.
What? Sabo certainly did not destroy him before DF. Also this "demoralized" guy attacked Sabo after the Colosseum two times, sounds more like "pissed off" than "demoralized".

cw_sasuke

Syntsui is right - Burgess isnt a Top player and Sabo was dominating him without too much effort. Burgess was used as a Jobber to show off Sabo - no way Oda wo do that if he was considered one of BB/Yonkous top guys.

Shiliew, Blackbeard and one of tose Impel Down freaks with an imba DF are likely the Top 3.

Syntsui

What? Sabo certainly did not destroy him before DF. Also this "demoralized" guy attacked Sabo after the Colosseum two times, sounds more like "pissed off" than "demoralized".

What?? He immediately destroyed Burgess armguard and then started toying with him, there was barely any fight at all shown in the mangá, I don't know where you got this idea.

Then he destroyed the entire arena, grabbed the fruit and escaped with Rebecca. Burgess was just standind there barely understanding what was happening. If that is not demoralizing, I don't know what is your interpretation of the word. When he decided to attack Luffy, Sabo completely wrecked him with a power he had zero practice, he was literally in the verge of death.

I don't see how Oda would make Burgess threatening again after this. I don't see any of the big guys from the strawhats having any trouble at all against him.

Or it's haki
Or " the voice of all things"

We don't know what the voice of all things can so guessing that Momo could experience something like past life memories is saying more. I'm guessing something like this because in Buddhism having a child leader is often linked to the child having memories of the lives of previous great leaders.

cw_sasuke

Yeah, Sabo is (near)Admiral tier why Burgess might have trouble dealing with Franky. lol

What?? He immediately destroyed Burgess armguard and then started toying with him, there was barely any fight at all shown in the mangá, I don't know where you got this idea.
I don't want to look that up, cause that battle is scattered across so many volumes, but other than Sabo destryoing the armguard, there was neither toying nor destryoing. That happend after he got Ace's power.

And destroying the colosseum isn't really beating him, as Burgess was, simply said, too slow in realising what was happening atm.

I don't want to look that up, cause that battle is scattered across so many volumes, but other than Sabo destryoing the armguard, there was neither toying nor destryoing. That happend after he got Ace's power.

And destroying the colosseum isn't really beating him, as Burgess was, simply said, too slow in realising what was happening atm.
There was no fight really in the colosseum. Sabo broke his arm guard(stronger haki),broke the stadium than after he got the fruit fought fuji and than whopped all over burgess. I dont think the fruit had anything to do with him beating burgess tho.

Errr guys. burgess is not even close to Sabo level pre-fruit
I'm searching the chapters now and I only find them fighting at chapter 737 and Sabo says that taking the fruit won't be easy as he thought. He says that after clashing with Burgess.

Yes, that's what I saw. After a lot of flashbacks and other scenes the fight resumes with a chaos and Sabo decides to destroy the ring.

I might be wrong but I didn't find any evidence of Sabo destroying Burgess pre-DF. He only obliterated him after getting the mero mero fruit.

TheFlow

Banned
There was no fight really in the colosseum. Sabo broke his arm guard(stronger haki),broke the stadium than after he got the fruit fought fuji and than whopped all over burgess. I dont think the fruit had anything to do with him beating burgess tho.
Pretty much. Sabo was going to beat burgess ass regardless

bjork

Burgess has to be a heavy hitter or BB would've sent someone else in his place, I'm guessing.

But I completely forgot about that part with Capone's ship getting lifted up. I wonder what that was?

Syntsui

I'm searching the chapters now and I only find them fighting at chapter 737 and Sabo says that taking the fruit won't be easy as he thought. He says that after clashing with Burgess.

Yes, that's what I saw. After a lot of flashbacks and other scenes the fight resumes with a chaos and Sabo decides to destroy the ring.

I might be wrong but I didn't find any evidence of Sabo destroying Burgess pre-DF. He only obliterated him after getting the mero mero fruit.

He destroyed the armguard in one chapter, was talking and evading some blows in another, then destroyed the ring and escaped in another. That's all interaction they had pre-DF.

What could be interpreted from all this is: he had a stronger haki, he was toying with Burgess, he easily grabbed the fruit and rescued Rebecca when he decided to. There is nothing more to talk about considering what was actually shown.

After DF Sabo faced Fujitora for a few minutes, again with barely any real action being shown. Then he went after Burgess and almost murdered him.

Burgess has to be a heavy hitter or BB would've sent someone else in his place, I'm guessing.

But I completely forgot about that part with Capone's ship getting lifted up. I wonder what that was?

Did BB send him to Dressrosa? I'm actually not clear on that. I thought Burgess was just there to fight to fun. I don't think they knew about Ace's Fruit before he got there since it wasn't announced yet.

What could be interpreted from all this is: he had a stronger haki, he was toying with Burgess, he easily grabbed the fruit and rescued Rebecca when he decided to. There is nothing more to talk about considering what was actually shown.
That's not enough to prove he was wrecking Burgess like people said here. That's the point I was arguing. You're assuming that Burgess didn't have any trump card, that Sabo didn't have the element of surprise (people thought he was "Lucy", not Dragon's right hand), that Bartholomeo wasn't helping him, etc. Sabo would defeat Burgess without the DF. There is no dispute over this. But saying he was leagues better it is an overestimation imo. Sabo only got ridiculous advantage after eating the fruit.

bjork

Did BB send him to Dressrosa? I'm actually not clear on that. I thought Burgess was just there to fight to fun. I don't think they knew about Ace's Fruit before he got there since it wasn't announced yet.

I'm assuming, since you generally see crews together in this series, unless they're sent on a mission/errand.

Chariot

I'm assuming, since you generally see crews together in this series, unless they're sent on a mission/errand.
Blackbeard's core crew seem pretty similiar to the Strawhats to me, in the sense that they are more friends than subordinates. I guess when Burgess wants to go fighting somewhere and BB isn't needing him, he is free to go as he please.

cw_sasuke

That's not enough to prove he was wrecking Burgess like people said here. That's the point I was arguing. You're assuming that Burgess didn't have any trump card, that Sabo didn't have the element of surprise (people thought he was "Lucy", not Dragon's right hand), that Bartholomeo wasn't helping him, etc. Sabo would defeat Burgess without the DF. There is no dispute over this. But saying he was leagues better it is an overestimation imo. Sabo only got ridiculous advantage after eating the fruit.

His ultra defense was his trump card and Sabo took care of it without too much issues - this was Oda basically telling us Sabo is on a different level.

Also im pretty sure that the higher tier Blackbeard Commanders all already gotten their Devilfruits in the last 2 years while Burgess is still looking for one. The way they treated him when he contacted them about the Revo base made him look bad. Then again we dont know that much about the BB Pirates, how they interact with each other and what kind of rules they have to follow.

Kornflayx

I really want to see what Shiliew can do. Considering he was on the same level as Magellan, he has to be a monster.

That reminds me, I want to see Magellan wreck dudes with his hydras again

His ultra defense was his trump card and Sabo took care of it without too much issues - this was Oda basically telling us Sabo is on a different level.
Well, I doubt that was his trump card. It's too little, even for his tier and he was depicted as a reckless fighter. I bet Burgess didn't show his full power that time and when he was going to use it, Sabo already had the DF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom