• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That momo comment will revive the "Roger is not dead" theories -__-

Still, loved that nami moment, and can't wait for the sanji retrieval arc.

tumblr_n55eqwhgJZ1tztv2uo1_500.gif

Holy shit. Even more revelations!
Marco and Blackbeard clashed in a massive battle resulting in the former's defeat.
Dog and Cat were on Roger's ship for a while with Lord Oden.
The last island before Raftel is probably a hive of interesting stuff from travelling pirates who've made it that far and probably a big clue to the final Road Poneglyph.

Jack is actually doing some damage to Zunisha (how though? The elephant is fucking huge.). But more importantly, Luffy is hearing Zunisha's voice. Will we get some interesting dialogue from Zunisha next chapter?

So, I'm wondering if we might actually get jinbe officially joining the SHs within the year, since I could see the events at the tea party escalating to a point where His hand is forced (ie help Luffy and thus betray big mom, or let Luffy die). If not this year then by the end of that arc

smurfx

get some go again
marco for next strawhat? luffy and him might grow close together once they take on kaido. plus there is the fact that shanks invited him to join his crew even if it was a joke it would mean luffy did something shanks couldn't. also the chances of lola being big moms daughter have shot up significantly. nami personally going would mean her and lola would meet up again and lola would save luffy and the strawhats once they get found out.

Quite a number of reveals in this chapter. I didn't think Dog and Cat had that much to do with Roger and his crew. I wasn't feeling them that much before, but this changes things a bit.

I also guess that Momo was referring to Ace.

I would call the regular week between chapters a one week break. This is a two week break, instead of the normal one.

What? How does that work when Jump is a weekly magazine?
One Piece is taking a week off, therefore it is on break from the weekly format for one issue, which would make it a one-week break.

One Piece is taking a week off, therefore it is on break from the weekly format for one issue, which would make it a one-week break.
Better than two weeks, I'll take it.

You forgot Jewelry Bonney the most important character of this arc.

It would make sense for Ryokugyu to be involved with Wano.
Didn't want to add her because we don't really have much to go on. But I do agree that she's gonna pop up soon.
Crossing my fingers that she's Sanji's Bride :)

Probably. I don't have an issue with either term but I had been was calling it a 2 week break because we are going to wait 2 weeks. By my own poor logic, every chapter has a 1 week break.

marmoka

Banned
So we are not having any chapter next week instead of the next 2 following weeks. That's great!! I can wait till 31st April.

I understood earlier today that there wouldn't be any new chapter in the next two following weeks, in other words, until 7th April.

Tonight I will sleep well.

Jigolo

That was sad. What happened to the White beard pirates. Marco can easily go toe to toe with an Admiral. Fuck Blackbeard

smurfx

get some go again
That was sad. What happened to the White beard pirates. Marco can easily go toe to toe with an Admiral. Fuck Blackbeard
well blackbeard can basically make his devil fruit void and then use whitebeards full power on him while he doesn't have his devil fruit. plus we never saw how powerful the level 6 prisoners were. we don't know shillews power either.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Interesting as well, considering Burgess got smashed by Sabo.
Sabo is the second in command of a force that is acting in direct opposition to the WG. Like, they're fighting an all out global war.

... and kizaru was toying with Marco

smurfx

get some go again
Interesting as well, considering Burgess got smashed by Sabo.
i don't think burgess has ever been shown to be a powerful fighter. of the originals laffite and van auger definitely seem the strongest. doc and burgess are probably on the lower end. also most of the whitebeard pirates seemed pretty young. i wonder who was with whitebeard in his prime when he faced off against roger evenly. i don't think the group who were with whitebeard when they tried to rescue ace is the same one during rogers time.

Chariot

I don't know, especially Doc is suspect to me because he looks so weak and miserable. In common manga logic that means certainly that he is actually a very strong fighter. Or maybe his horse is super badass.

smurfx

get some go again
I don't know, especially Doc is suspect to me because he looks so weak and miserable. In common manga logic that means certainly that he is actually a very strong fighter. Or maybe his horse is super badass.
he's probably just a dirty fighter. probably fights with poison and other chemicals. him getting magellans fruit would suit him.

smurfx

get some go again
so is zoro going to wano so he can get a power up before taking on kaido? maybe even get a new sword or have his swords enhanced by a black smith? i think he will definitely learn how to cut fire and possibly learn other techniques.

Oxn

I'd be disappointed if it wasn't a repeat of when Zoro singlehandedly defeated Baroque Works.

Oohhh you just got me thinking.

Zoro did defeat all of Baroque works. And Since Baroque Works had like thousands of members, and Kaidos army also have thousands of beast, we might see him wreck his army.

so is zoro going to wano so he can get a power up before taking on kaido? maybe even get a new sword or have his swords enhanced by a black smith? i think he will definitely learn how to cut fire and possibly learn other techniques.

I definitely think so. We already have some foreshadowing with the sword he took from Ryuma having a reaction there, so something will go down. First up is Jack, though.

You forgot Jewelry Bonney the most important character of this arc.

It would make sense for Ryokugyu to be involved with Wano.

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see which side the Marines side with or if they just act as a third party. I can't imagine them ignoring a potential situation to take control of Wano for the World Government.

Didn't want to add her because we don't really have much to go on. But I do agree that she's gonna pop up soon.
Crossing my fingers that she's Sanji's Bride :)
If she is Sanji's bride I can see the wedding happening. Besides being cute, she looks like someone that could get along with the Strawhats.

But I think it will be Lola if Pudding isn't a brand new character.

Kreed

One Piece 820:

I'm glad Oda has Nami, Chopper, and Brooke going with Luffy to rescue Sanji since not only does it keep us from having another Luffy solo adventure so soon but it allows for the 4 Straw Hats who haven't had much manga time since the Doflamingo battle to get some time in the spotlight.

It was also nice of Nami to remind us about the log post goals and to get more info surrounding it now that we know about the Poneglyphs leading to One Piece, as it easily explains why it seemed like pirates like Shanks and the former White Beard pirates just appeared to be "floating around" the seas with no destination while newer pirate crews like the Straw Hats were going from destination to destination. I do hope one day we get to see some of these "off screen" battles and fights. The White Beard revenge battle sounds great, although I'm more curious to see why it was so one sided, especially with Black Beards crew about to fight/fighting the Revolutionaries. Burgess' battle with Sabo made me think Black Beard's crew weren't that far off from the Straw Hats, but I couldn't see the Straw Hats beating White Beard's division leaders right now. Of course it could be Burgess isn't much while Black Beard is in a whole different league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom