• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
There are lots and lots of others weekly mangas out there, most of them better than Bleach. Expand your readership :D

The problem is that the good Jump ones don't come out at the same time.
Soma and MHA have been held back thanks to the official release.
It'd be nice if we got Soma & MHA at the same time as One Piece...

The problem is that the good Jump ones don't come out at the same time.
Soma and MHA have been held back thanks to the official release.
It'd be nice if we got Soma & MHA at the same time as One Piece...

Pretty much. I kinda miss how Naruto and Bleach's respective stinkiness would cancel each other out before I'd move on to the latest One Piece chapter.

Then again, Bleach chapters go by in a blink of an eye so I guess it's not such a big deal.

Kyros' such a beast, that panel where he is still standing feels legendary.

Also loved Robin here. She did her duty and was really good at it.

(Shame we didn't see her giving him a Leg to fight, but i guess it makes sense with the overall theme of the chapter)

Kater

Banned
Cool chapter, loved some of the panels. Never saw that power of Robin's before, I think.

Wasn't as good as last weeks chapter but then again, not many things can beat that fight between Franky and Senor Pink. :p

BatDan

Kyros is the fucking man!
Surely this can't be the end of Diamante though. He's a top general so it's likely he'll keep going

daveo42

Banned
Really awesome chapter. It had a nice weight because of Kyros and his dedication to not only his country and wife, but to his own daughter. Robin in a support role still, which works, but I really want to see her go all out against an enemy.

Looks like we are quickly approaching our final showdown with DF.

Kater

Banned
tumblr_njnvj0j9cm1twwodoo2_r1_500.png

Pain is proof of humanity! Compared with the countless tragedies that have blanketed Dressrosa, this Rain is nothing!! I shall take you down!

Kyros is pretty cool. :)

Source: http://ruffeh.tumblr.com/post/110809497912/kyros-vs-diamante-pain-is-proof-of-humanity

Considering the last panel didn't acknowledge Diamante as defeated like the other Donquixote members and the fact that Diamante is a top executive most likely means he isn't down for the count yet. Plus he's only been hit once and Robin barely did anything so I'm guessing he isn't finished yet.

Blackhead

Redarse
The cover stories of Jimbie's adventures don't get enough love. Fishman is building his legend, can't wait until he joins back up with Luffy

Lunar15

Upon a second reading I think it's okay, but Diamente's just never done it for me. I wanted to see more flag shenanigans.

That's kind of what I mean. This fight was literally just diamante throwing steel spikes at Kyros, Kyros not caring, and then Kyros stabbing Diamante.

Real thrilling. Still kinda bitter about Robin. I get why it's Kyros's fight, but dang it, wanted to see it happen.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Pretty disappointing chapter

Pros

-I liked the contrast between the former and current Heroes of the Colosseum. I also liked that Diamente was so shocked that Kyros was still strong after 20 years even though Kyros obviously didn't age as a toy.

-You really could feel Kyros' rage in this chapter.

-Diamente was really living it up this chapter and it was great.

Cons

-A top executive falling in one chapter like the others is pretty anticlimactic.

-Besides a small cut on his cheek, Diamente was never hit. Meaning Kyros just one-shotted Diamente.

-Diamente, for some stupid reason, didn't dodge Kyros's last attack with his flag powers.

-Rebecca tried to be useful and Daddy still wouldn't let her.

demidar

It was a pretty shit fight. Kyros tanked Diamante's attack and slashed him, whoop-ti-doo. The only bright side was that it was over in a chapter.

Fight seemed over too fast because we didn't see much of what happened between Kyros arriving and Robin arriving. In terms of real time it's probably a long ass fight.

Diamante seriously underestimated Kyros. He probably used that half moon attack many times and thought he was invulnerable like someone who thinks they knows all the patterns in a dark souls boss fight. But then Kyros switched to his final stage attacks and one shotted him.

I thought that moment at the end was well written with Kyros beating Diamante, it just didn't feel that well built up to. I wonder if Oda realizes he's been dragging this shit out too long as the last couple of chapters have wrapped battles up really fast with a lot of content in them when they actually got interesting and warranted getting a chapter or two.

grandjedi6

Thematically this makes a lot of sense, but it does feel like a missed opportunity. Somehow I'm not so sure that fight is over just yet, I just feel like it needs one more chapter.
Thematically consistent is good but it doesn't help when the theme itself sucks!

jercruz

diamante seems too dependent on his DF. His tricks were ingenius.

Kyros on the otherhand, would be a monster if he mastered haki

BatDan

Spoilers for Chapter 777 (courtesy of redon as per usual)

- Chapter 777: "Zoro vs. Pica".
- Diamante passes out when his head hits with Scarlet's grave.
- When Pica sees Diamante, he attacks Kyros, Rebecca, Hajrudin, Chinjao... with Charlestone.
- Pica attacks Baby 5 too becouse she's a traitor but Sai protects her.
- Pica transforms his body in a gigant golem that can walk, he goes to King Riku and Usopp. Zoro goes after him.

Aw, Diamnate is out for the rest of the arc... that kind of sucks.
Golem Pica though. Oh fuck yeah.

Kabuto

Good chapter!

Robin :'(

It looks like Rebecca, Zoro, and the people protecting Usopp are the only ones that haven't taken any serious damage yet. I'm assuming they're gonna play a big role in the coming chapters.

BatDan

Oh god, next chapter is going to be amazing.
This one was pretty nice too, but that ending. Oh fuck.

ffdgh

Dat cliff-hanger. Love how scarlet indirectly got to deliver the final hit to diamante and ouch...Robin took some hits for the team. Can't wait for Zoro to finally shut pica up.

grandjedi6

This Pica fight is already better than that shitty Diamente fight. Now for Zoro to use the King's punch to propel him to Pica.

Kreed

One Piece 777:

I'm already looking forward to next week simply because of Zoro putting on his bandana again meaning we are about to see something crazy. So far though these fights excluding Luffy and Law haven't been that enjoyable, between all the changing perspectives and the characters themselves not doing much. The chapter breaks haven't been helping either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom