• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Volume 77 cover (low quality)

1610898_10202793882768294_5038314674991955593_n.jpg
Woah. We actually got the villain cover everyone was hoping for.

This doesn't make sense.

This doesn't make any fucking sense.
it doesn't, but I can't think of anything cooler than what Oda has done already. I also think there's no need for a Gear 4, but it would be a nice sounding move if Luffy had another signature catch phrase like Gear...cero

Here is what Luffy has done with his body in One Piece

Reflected attacks
Stretched his body vast lengths to increase acceleration and damage of attacks
Conducted electricity through his body
Filled his Body with water
Filled his body with Air
Twirl his body and use propeller force
Shrink
Grow
Increase his blood to boost speed/strength
All three forms of Haki

Now that I think about it, Luffy does seem to have the tools to defeat anyone. I think he just needs to be unique again and come up with interesting ways to attack with his body's rubber abilities and haki.

KageZero

Who know maybe if gear 4 exists it will be a double edge sword, while offering a lot of potential in offensive power maybe it will make luffy more prone to injuries.

But to be honest i doubt we will see a 4 gear, i think oda will more focus on the already existing gears combined with improved strength and haki. I have a felling that we even wont be seeing gear 3 that much, that was always kind of a clunky stat for me at least.

Dugna

Who know maybe if gear 4 exists it will be a double edge sword, while offering a lot of potential in offensive power maybe it will make luffy more prone to injuries.

But to be honest i doubt we will see a 4 gear, i think oda will more focus on the already existing gears combined with improved strength and haki. I have a felling that we even wont be seeing gear 3 that much, that was always kind of a clunky stat for me at least.

but elephant gun is gear third...and he uses it alot now.

Spinx

Two days until the chapter is out. Hype level increasing. Finally a worthy opponent for Luffy, it's been so long. Hody was trash, Caesar too. New World starts here!
Last five pages will be about Luffy and Doflamingo, rest is going to be Dressrosa crap :(

Jigolo

Something big is going to happen to the other guys after or during the finale of this chapter. There will be no celebrations after Luffy defeats Doffy, just straight to save Sanji and co.

So very close now. If this chapter is about something other than the Doflamingo & Trebol VS Law & Luffy I will most probably cry. I guess I would like to find out who Sabo is going after though :p

I don't actually read/watch One Piece, but I've been reading the OP Wiki today and I wanna ask something:

Finding One Piece won't actually be the end of One Piece right? There's supposed to be a war or something after they find it?

Grexeno

I don't actually read/watch One Piece, but I've been reading the OP Wiki today and I wanna ask something:

Finding One Piece won't actually be the end of One Piece right? There's supposed to be a war or something after they find it?
That's the current thought among the fandom.

Dugna

Yeah there will probably be something after finding One Piece, I mean Roger and his crew found it and figured out the Poneglyphs message yet they somehow couldn't do anything about it. It must take a ton of power of knowledge to figure out what One Piece exactly is.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Before his death, Whitebeard implied that when One Piece is found, a massive war will overtake the world. One that would make Marineford look like a light skirmish. Well, not in these words but it's clear that finding One Piece won't be the end.

Nothing from redon yet... might as well just wait until tomorrow.

I'm guessing the focus of the war will beat Marejois with the World Government and Nobles being toppled at the end. However the Strawhats could travel all over the world before getting there considering how large the war is implied to be.

There will probably be some kind of WG civil war I think, with Aokiji, Garp, Smoker and Sengoku turning to Luffy's side for a climactic battle with Akainu's followers, the Gorosei and the Tenryuubito. The Shichibukai will probably be dissolved by then too. It would seem Luffy's side would be way too stacked by that so I dunno, and it's so far off it's hard to guess beyond what has been implied.

We've seen less of Mihawk's ability then Kuma, and by law of shonen power levels the one who shows his cards the last will end up being the strongest

And the Shichibukai will be dissolved because they are all backstabbers, except Kuma who is a robot and Mihawk who doesn't do anything.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That makes me think, what happens if somebody hits Buggy with Haki? Does all of his parts combine back together or is just that one piece hurt?

The parts don't take separate damage, he takes damage as if he were a normal person the thing is it's just harder to get a decent hit in.

Haki's really only useful for fighting logia types and other haki users. Anyone outside of that will be so weak that using haki would be massive overkill.

Shit STARTS to get real.

Next week is the real kick ass fight. Can't wait. We're finally, finally, at the end point I hope.

I'm interested how they'll handle the celebratory party this time. Everybody except Zoro is injured pretty badly right now, do they head for Zou without CHopper to magic doctor them? Do they stay to recover and have the party at the same time? It just seems OOC that they'd stay with the rest of the crew being in danger.

Also Buggy will never get a power boost, that's the joke of his character. That he gets progressively more powerful allies and connections while being just as weak as he was when he first appeared.

Hmm very interested to see where this goes. Doflamingo is really showing his strength. Honestly, he seems like the biggest challenge to surmount in the series so far.

Things are heating up indeed.

Also Doflamingo is just wrecking the whole city. Like, not only letting citizens die but now making the bird cage smaller and destroying even more buildings. If he would have come out of this as a victor, he'd have a loooot to rebuild.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Luffy did the Gomu Gomu no: Hawk Gatling like it was nothing and that didn't even phase Dofla..... This fight is going to be epic

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Luffy did the Gomu Gomu no: Hawk Gatling like it was nothing and that didn't even phase Dofla..... This fight is going to be epic

To think that there are still people thinking he could take out someone like DoFla without Laws help. DoFla is Top Tier and only Admirals/Yonkous can be considered stronger from what we know.

To think that there are still people thinking he could take out someone like DoFla without Laws help. DoFla is Top Tier and only Admirals/Yonkous can be considered stronger from what we know.
Well, the thing is, he just pissed off a Yonkou, who is now actively going against Ruffy and his crew.
And his plan with Law was/is to piss off another Yonkou, who will, after settling things with the DoFla-family, look over to Law and Ruffy for wreaking havoc in the first place ... i think.

So, if he does need help to defeat another Samurai (althought one of the most powerful ones), that implies hefty times for the whole crew and the supporters.
We had the timeskip, but especially the monster-trio has yet to really show off the new limits.

Ruffy should defeat DoFla alone, by going all-out to the point of no return. Afterwards, he should get help from Law/the supporters. I mean, Law and Ruffy were able to face DoFla directly, but only with the help of the other pirates. Enough help, let Ruffy settle this!

...Just my opinion. :)

love the show, but weak chapter...

This is one of those weeks I should have just skipped and read 2 together. Did not satisfy the suspense build up with just more words and still the mystery around Law's death.

daveo42

Banned
Great chapter and nice setup for what will probably be an epic fight and probably the hardest one Luffy has ever faced where he and his crew didn't have a way out. And...we still have a lot to settle with the rest of the crew, Big Mom, and Kaidou.

Law ain't dead

Bingo.

Jigolo

Well he does have an ace and that's Sabo. I mean really, Luffy is in a fight to the death with a Shichibukai and his home-slice and Sabo is just going to "save dressrosa residents"? Dude is totally ready to jump into any chapter if Oda wants

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Which sucks because he already lost his arm, a ton of blood and got shot twice if I count correctly.

Another wishy-washy chapter

Way more than twice, the SFX in another panel were numerous.

I have the feeling he's been using his power to negate them somehow, same as how he somehow recovered from the shots outside the colloseum.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Ooooh man we're going hard now!
"Hawk Gatling!" Yeah!
Man, Doffy is crazy powerful. That "Break White" attack.

Yeah, Mansherry is totally going to heal Law.

Law isn't dead yet but I think he will be. I don't hope so, but it I'm not going to like them going this far just to bring him back. All he needs is to get the final shot in on Doffy and he'll get his heat back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom