• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a really fantastic arc though <3

So much stuff going on, so many interesting characters and storylines. I wouldn't mind this arc going on for a long time still.

Korosenai

It doesn't help that there were so many breaks.

True, but it's just crazy putting it into perspective like that. Every week (or every other week) the first thing I do every wednesday or thursday morning is read One Piece, it's almost like a ritual for me. Two years of my life reading the Dressrosa arc, it's just crazy.

It's a really fantastic arc though <3

So much stuff going on, so many interesting characters and storylines. I wouldn't mind this arc going on for a long time still.

Agreed, this has been probably one of the best arcs of the entire series.

Luffy's Top Gear mode it's like the balloon but he wears tight blue jeans and he screams power as loud as he can in between making endearing homophobic and racist jokes.

Dugna

I think a hypothetical thing like Gear 4th would just be 2 and 3 combined fluidly more then they're now...like luffy can be very quick and with every hit just expand that body part to do more dmg.

I've always appreciated how One Piece power-ups basically just allow Luffy to survive against his enemies, instead of a rage filled rofl-stomp

Dugna

I've always appreciated how One Piece power-ups basically just allow Luffy to survive against his enemies, instead of a rage filled rofl-stomp

Yeah gotta agree with that, unlike Naruto which was "rasengan" and Bleach which was quite literally only Getsuga Tenshou over and over and over even when ichigo gets a new form all he does he throws a bigger getsuga.

You guys are having trouble thinking up a "Gear 4th", eh?

Just look at how Gear 2nd and 3rd work and you'll get a general idea of what a possible Gear 4th would be like.

Kornflayx

I think we'll definitely see a whole body Gear 3 from Luffy at some point. Gigantic Luffy would be awesome.

Maybe some combination of Gear 3 with Gear 2? Gigantic Luffy with abnormal speed would be so OP :D

Giant Luffy isn't happening.

Well, not in the canon story, anyway (baaaad memories ;b).

Giant_luffy.PNG

Spinx

Forget gear four, Luffy just needs to work on his haki. Doflamingo has been out of his league in that department. But this is a shounen manga so, yeah...

This doesn't make any fucking sense.

It doesn't?

G2 = increasing bloodflow
G3 = inflating bones
G4 = something something other bodily system

I can guarantee that Gear 4th will not have anything to do with haki. If Oda plans to follow the same pattern with the other gears, it will be a technique that Luffy came up with by thinking outside the box.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It doesn't?

G3 = inflating bones

I can guarantee that Gear 4th will not have anything to do with haki. If Oda plans to follow the same pattern with the other gears, it will be a technique that Luffy came up with by thinking outside the box.

Blood Flow to the Brain turning him into a SUPER GENIUS.

It doesn't?

G3 = inflating bones

First you're all pretentious acting like the general idea of Gear 4 would be obvious, yet you got nothing to prove for it. Please, enlighten us with poor imagination on what Gear 4 will do and what it would physically look like. "If Oda plans to follow the same pattern"? First he vastly improves Luffy's speed, next his strength. Visually, Gear 2 gave him a new stance and made his body steam. Gear 3 gave him the ability to effect his body mass more than ever before and create giant parts of his body. Gear 4 will follow that pattern? Here's the thing: there is no pattern. You have some illusion of an imaginary pattern where he affect his "bodily system", which is incredibly vague and not the main point of his "evolutions", rather the gears are him making use of his devil fruit power in new ways.

Gear 4 might happen. It's a possibility, sure. But don't act like it's super-obvious and a sure-fire thing when you got absolutely nothing to back you up in any regard, man. In any case, Luffy will continue to come up with new attacks throughout the series, and that's good enough for me.

First you're all pretentious acting like the general idea of Gear 4 would be obvious, yet you got nothing to prove for it. Please, enlighten us with poor imagination on what Gear 4 will do and what it would physically look like. "If Oda plans to follow the same pattern"? First he vastly improves Luffy's speed, next his strength. Visually, Gear 2 gave him a new stance and made his body steam. Gear 3 gave him the ability to effect his body mass more than ever before and create giant parts of his body. Gear 4 will follow that pattern? Here's the thing: there is no pattern. You have some illusion of an imaginary pattern where he affect his "bodily system", which is incredibly vague and not the main point of his "evolutions", rather the gears are him making use of his devil fruit power in new ways.

Gear 4 might happen. It's a possibility, sure. But don't act like it's super-obvious and a sure-fire thing when you got absolutely nothing to back you up in any regard, man. In any case, Luffy will continue to come up with new attacks throughout the series, and that's good enough for me.

I think you're getting a little too heated about this man, I don't think he meant anything by it

Whooooa, slow down. I have no idea what a possible Gear 4th would look like. I meant to say it was obvious that Gear 4th would be the same body manipulating "only a rubber-man can do" technique that Luffy has shown with the first two, and not something haki-related like a lot of people are suggesting.
I wasn't trying to come off like I know for sure what the technique will look like and how it will work.

Chances of there even being a Gear 4th are 50/50, but others are saying "full-body haki" or "haki something" when Luffy came up with these techniques before he even knew what haki was.

Bandini

Friends, are we on the verge of an all-time great battle? There hasn't been a challenge like this for Luffy in a long time.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Aren't a bunch of his post timeskip moves kind of a combination of Gear 2 and 3?
Nope. Luffy get better at controlling where the air is stored in his fist, which allows him to strike at his normal fast speed. But he has yet to formally combine his jet and giant moves in an attack since Moria. Probably because it fucks him up pretty bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom