• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
mmm there are people thinking Mansherry has revival powers, that wasn't exactly mentioned in the manga right? She can just heal injuries...

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Characters have survived worse. Law's not dead, just badly injured. Hence he can be "healed".

Jigolo

how is Mansherry going to get there unless the fight is going to move from that location?

Aren't all the residents currently climbing the wall with the King? I don't remember where mansherry is but I'm sure she can easily get to where Law's body is

Characters have survived worse. Law's not dead, just badly injured. Hence he can be "healed".

If it's not explained, (like, law using his powers to auto-heal while he was being attacked, as a technique or something) then this would be the most shitty "In OP no one dies" moment. Shot multiple times, dismembered, beaten up, etc. Too much for one character, and i kinda feel he showed us his past and made us care more for him because he was going to end him. And that's not even considering the "immortal surgery" requisite.

Aren't all the residents currently climbing the wall with the King? I don't remember where mansherry is but I'm sure she can easily get to where Law's body is

The cage seems to be shrinking as well. I think it's going to end with a most of the towns people being forced near the fight.

"He said you'd show us a miracle" Damn that line, this shit is just starting. I don't know what luffy will do against this 2...

Sabo and Koala have probably figured out a way to stop the birdcage, i think.

Little fun fact I didn't see mentioned:

Law did the " smile just before dying" D thing.

It's less noticable cause it's useful a cheerful smile, whilst his was more of a *flip you off while smiling*- "fuck you".

Still counts though!

Lunar15

So, how many times has Law been shot this arc? My count is at 6.

He's definitely not dead. His power can swap body parts (and bodies), and we have a literal healer on the island.

It's all a ruse to throw off Doflamingo. Law's a schemer.

Nibel

No way he killed Bellamy, nobody dies and it's frustrating.

I mean I love all theses characters but there is no real sense of danger right now.

Lunar15

I just hope the Luffy/Doflamingo fight delivers. I don't think we've had a definitive end battle since Moriah, and even that wasn't as good as Lucci or Crocodile.

Sabody: Luffy Fails
Kuja: No real end battle
Impel Down: He holds back Magellan, but that's it.
War Arc: Whitebeard lays the smackdown on a lot of things, but there's no real end battle here, and it's not Luffy's arc.
Return to Sabody: One Shot
Fishman Island: Arguably the closest we've gotten, but aside from Hody taking a bunch of hits, he never felt imposing and Luffy had it in the bag. The real threat was the ship falling.
Punk Hazard: There was a showdown between Luffy and Ceasar, but it sure wrapped up fast.

So really, Doflamingo is the first villian we've had in a while that's been built up for a long time, is incredibly imposing, has already outwitted and deflected Luffy multiple times, and poses a significant challenge. I'm ready for this arc to end, but I'm fine if this fight goes on for a while.

To be honest though, no villian has ever been as interesting, imposing, and threatening as Crocodile, in my opinion. Lucci was great, but he felt removed from the story. He was just a tough guy they had to beat.

It looks like Doflamingo is going full body Haki at the end of the chapter if you look at his face(although that might just be the shading they tend to do with him).

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The anime is soooo going to butcher that last scene of Law.
He wasn't allowed to flip the bird at Kidd, Sanji wasn't allowed to flip the bird at the Kamabakka Kingdom residents, and it's more than likely Law won't be allowed to flip the bird at Doffy.

Still Mansherry's presence makes it a little too obvious for Oda. We shouldn't discard the possibility of luffy ending severely injured/incapacitated after this fight (like what happened with Moria). I'd love for this to be some sort of "Law scheme" (and the last text bubble kinda hints at that), but i don't really think it was. Specially after the middle finger and the way some panels were composed.

But well, Oda did save the hundreds of Marines that were unable to breath for hours in Punk Hazard.
I'd probably be extremely disappointed again.

I really enjoyed this chapter. Law's last act of defiance against Doffy was sweet and Doffy's reaction to corazon written on Law's back was even sweeter.
Doffy is casual dodging and countering Gear 2 and 3 moves without even flinching. And this is from a serious Luffy, mind you.

Anyone who thinks Law is dead or going to die in any way shape or form, all I gotta say is....come on, guys. Don't fall for it.
Even when Oda kills off characters, it's not like this. The end of chapter even hints at Law surviving or using some kind of trump card.

Kater

Banned
Short chapter but wow, what a nice build-up. If Law died, he did it at least with style. Wonder if Sabo will team up with Luffy to fight Trebol and Dofla.

Law will die. That way Chopper can get his fruit and be super doctor after they figure out Blackbeard's secret.
This would be so amazing. I wonder how Chopper would combine his old powers with the new ones from the Ope Ope Fruit.

This would be so amazing. I wonder how Chopper would combine his old powers with the new ones from the Ope Ope Fruit.

tumblr_md7nlrmi321rkghduo1_400.gif

Which sucks because he already lost his arm, a ton of blood and got shot twice if I count correctly.

Another wishy-washy chapter

Keep in mind too that Doffy hammered like ten bullets into Law earlier.

Luffy didn't kill Bellamy right?

Also Law is definitely out for the rest of the fight it seems. I'm really wondering how Luffy is gonna pull this off.

Luffy will never kill someone.

What if Law survives but only has one arm for good?

Doubt it. He wouldn't be able to operate as before.

Astral

It's kinda ridiculous how much punishment someone can take in One Piece before they can actually die. Seriously, Law should be dead as fuck.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I dont see Luffy having a mayor personal loss again anytime soon so Law, Strawhats, Sabo etc. are safe. Only exception will probably be Shanks if Oda feels that he has to die instead of just being defeated for Luffy final growth stage...

It's kinda ridiculous how much punishment someone can take in One Piece before they can actually die. Seriously, Law should be dead as fuck.

Its a Shonen Manga - so not really i dont get why everyone is surprised considering how many characters have received mayor damage in the Manga without dying. Look at all the heavy blows Luffy main enemies received at the end of the fights - no one died when just from his power level it should probably be enough to kill them off. Normally mayor characters only die if they give themselves up and are willing to die like Ace or WB and dont get "killed".

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Unfortunately, the shrinking bird cage means we'll continue to get scenes outside of the main fight. People running away, reacting, etc.

ffdgh

Any day now sabo...

Gonna assume Law's plot armor is in critical condition but still functional before calling him dead.

Luffy has been unable to effectively injure Doflamingo since this battle has started.

There are three possibilities.
-Law gives Luffy a power-up.
-Luffy shows a new technique.
-The fight goes in a completely different direction and Luffy is not the one who defeats Doffy.

Unfortunately, the shrinking bird cage means we'll continue to get scenes outside of the main fight. People running away, reacting, etc.

So basically every main Luffy fight.

Sabo is going to be the trump card. I mean it's all but explicitly stated when Koala calls him and tells him Luffy is in trouble. It'll be a redemptive moment where he succeeds in saving his brother where he failed in saving Ace. I'm 110% sure of that.

smurfx

get some go again
Which sucks because he already lost his arm, a ton of blood and got shot twice if I count correctly.

Another wishy-washy chapter
couldn't he place all of his organs somewhere before fighting doflamingo? those gunshots aren't going to do anything other than make him bleed out. if he dies then he will end up giving luffy immortality before he goes.

Sabo is going to be the trump card. I mean it's all but explicitly stated when Koala calls him and tells him Luffy is in trouble. It'll be a redemptive moment where he succeeds in saving his brother where he failed in saving Ace. I'm 110% sure of that.

I'd much rather Luffy have the moment of saving his brother Sabo when he couldn't save ace. I can't imagine Doffy jobbing out Luffy and Sabo taking all the heat.

I'd much rather Luffy have the moment of saving his brother Sabo when he couldn't save ace. I can't imagine Doffy jobbing out Luffy and Sabo taking all the heat.

Either way it'll be them. It's built up too it since they introduced Sabo and the Mera Mera no Mi. It's going to be a moment where one of them makes up for Ace's death,

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

Just because Sabo might help out now doesnt mean that Luffy cant save his ass at some point in the future - Sabo is near Admiral Level he doesn't need Luffys help at this point.

Then again i dont see Oda repeating an Ace rescue arc with Sabo just to prove a point. Luffy helping out or saving Shanks would be a way bigger deal since it would show that he reached his level and is one of his goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom