• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Sanji didn't really get the drop on him though. He clearly blocked And I'm sure Dofla can use observation Haki, so that's probably not relevant anyways
The insinuation is that Sanji has no business even touching Dofla, so the fact that Dofla was forced to block instead of dodging or countering, was because he didn't notice him until the last second due to his left eye.

Also I don't think observation haki is like En (in Hunter x Hunter); it's effects seem to vary wildly from individual to individual, so there's no telling how it benefits him, if he even has it.

DJwest

I used to wonder how on earth Luffy would ever physically challenge guys like Blackbeard, Akainu and other admirals/warlords. Gear 4 is part of the answer I guess. It looks goofy but it makes Luffy a beast.

Sanji didn't really get the drop on him though. He clearly blocked And I'm sure Dofla can use observation Haki, so that's probably not relevant anyways

We've had this discussion several times before in this thread, and this is one point that I brought up myself before. I was proven wrong though and changed my mind: there's no proof that Doffy can use observation haki. In fact, a bunch of things point the other direction, like him now realizing where the Straw Hats & Law were, that Law was about to attack, and even back in the war when Moriah disappeared, he would've noticed it if he had observation haki.

Kaido is going to be breathing down Donflamingo's neck after this arc is done, Mingo isn't going to be able to stay in one place long enough to heal up let alone do any real damage. He's going to have an emperor out for his blood and he's all out of places to hide and allies. The WG will probably just let Kaido vs Donflamingo play it's course, there's no benefit in it for them in keeping Mingo around. If anything, they'd be happy he's gone. Law and Luffy don't have to kill him, there's a pretty long line of strong guys behind them waiting for the chance.
Imo Kaido is already on his way. It's the only way I can see Big Mom standing down and leaving the Sunny alone, to avoid a potential conflict or further mobilization of the navy at Dressrossa. Easy way to write Doffy out and have him killed without Law or Luffy doing it, and it sets us up for the next arc since Kaido is likely next on the list of big fights.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Well Zorro is on the way to the cage's bars so he can cut them and there's nothing he cannot cut. Just telling him he can't cut something means he's gonna cut it. The big thing with this arc is Donflamingo is a puppet master, from his powers to the toys to how he fights. The way everything has been stacking up is that each of the strings that holds his plans together have been cut, one by one. Expect the bird cage to go down soon. Before the fight is through all his various plots and plans, all his strings, will be cut down and Luffy will be there to deal the finishing blow and cut the final string.

All Law has to do is leave him for Kaido at this point, Donflamingo has literally been loosing everything. After this is all over he'll have nothing left and nowhere to run.
Zoro is going to end up finding the center of the cage (doflamingo). Remember his sense of direction.

Majukun

We've had this discussion several times before in this thread, and this is one point that I brought up myself before. I was proven wrong though and changed my mind: there's no proof that Doffy can use observation haki. In fact, a bunch of things point the other direction, like him now realizing where the Straw Hats & Law were, that Law was about to attack, and even back in the war when Moriah disappeared, he would've noticed it if he had observation haki.

you have to actually want to hear something to use observation haki..if you don't,you are stuck with an incomplete form that isn't pleasant at all where you keep hearing people voices and hear them disappear..just like cobi and aisa

you have to actually want to hear something to use observation haki..if you don't,you are stuck with an incomplete form that isn't pleasant at all where you keep hearing people voices and hear them disappear..just like cobi and aisa

Luffy, Zoro and Sanji all noticed what's-his-name in the castle in Fishman's Island. They weren't looking for him. Luffy just noticed his presence. And that's beside the point anyway, Doffy would've noticed Law's condition and Moriah's as well, since he was directly interacting with them.

360pages

I'm still waiting for Akainu to get a sob back story about how a Pirate killed his family, ate all the food in his house and kicked his dog.

pelicansurf

I'm still waiting for Akainu to get a sob back story about how a Pirate killed his family, ate all the food in his house and kicked his dog.
It's obviously happening; it would be cool if maybe Akainu was an ex-pirate who got fucked over or something. It would be totally unexpected.

Majukun

Luffy, Zoro and Sanji all noticed what's-his-name in the castle in Fishman's Island. They weren't looking for him. Luffy just noticed his presence. And that's beside the point anyway, Doffy would've noticed Law's condition and Moriah's as well, since he was directly interacting with them.

he wouldn't have noticed with moria since it isn't moria who did anything,but absalom..also it's not like he cared that much about killing the guy,since he went to the cp0 guy back with a smile.

as for caribou,it's only luffy who noticed,and we don't know why he began listening..but it's a much better solution narratiuvely than saying that kenbunshoku it's a 24/7 radar..since many things would not make any sense..like luffy not realizing the dofla clone in both occasions (when it got decapitated and when they were on the well)..plus another dozens of occasions where people cleary able to use it were taken somehow by surprise

also,since there are different grades of mastery,it's possible that some people are able to "hear" better than others even without concentrating.
also..sanji had to concentrate when he was searching for kinemon's torso.

he wouldn't have noticed with moria since it isn't moria who did anything,but absalom..also it's not like he cared that much about killing the guy,since he went to the cp0 guy back with a smile.

as for caribou,it's only luffy who noticed,and we don't know why he began listening..but it's a much better solution narratiuvely than saying that kenbunshoku it's a 24/7 radar..since many things would not make any sense..like luffy not realizing the dofla clone in both occasions (when it got decapitated and when they were on the well)..plus another dozens of occasions where people cleary able to use it were taken somehow by surprise

also,since there are different grades of mastery,it's possible that some people are able to "hear" better than others even without concentrating.
also..sanji had to concentrate when he was searching for kinemon's torso.

Lol, what? He would still notice Moriah, because he didn't disappear, he just became invisible. His presence would still be the same as before.

And yeah, as for Caribou, what you're saying doesn't make sense, because you contradict yourself. And yeah, it kind of doesn't make sense how Luffy didn't realize it was a clone of Doffy, but we don't know if the presence was the same for real Doffy, or even if Luffy knew what real Doffy's presence felt like at the time.

Anyway, the point was that there's no evidence that Doflamingo has observation haki, and none of this disproves that, really :)

Lol, what? He would still notice Moriah, because he didn't disappear, he just became invisible. His presence would still be the same as before.

And yeah, as for Caribou, what you're saying doesn't make sense, because you contradict yourself. And yeah, it kind of doesn't make sense how Luffy didn't realize it was a clone of Doffy, but we don't know if the presence was the same for real Doffy, or even if Luffy knew what real Doffy's presence felt like at the time.

Anyway, the point was that there's no evidence that Doflamingo has observation haki, and none of this disproves that, really :)

I mean, I don't think it'd be out of character for Doflamingo to let Moria get away using the invisibility as an excuse in case he was being watched

I mean, regardless of the invisibility, I'm sure Doflamingo knew Moria was still there and could've killed him if he tried, even without having his exact position pinpointed. Also, I'd argue him being able to accurately string and control so many people with parasite wouldn't be possible without CoO

I mean, I don't think it'd be out of character for Doflamingo to let Moria get away using the invisibility as an excuse in case he was being watched

I think Doffy likes killing people. Don't know why he'd let Moriah get away. It's just another point of evidence anyway; even if he did let Moriah get away it still doesn't change anything.

Majukun

exactly what i was intending when i said that he didn't care that much

dofla's clone is a bunch of strings with the shape of an human..it shouldn't really have any voice

Majukun

How do you know this?

And even still it doesn't say anything about Doffys observation haki, lol. This discussion is going nowhere.

vecause living things with a will have a voice,and only roger was supposed to be able to hear "the voice of all things"
dofla's clone is a puppet made of strings and moved by doflamingo..he is not able to create life

Taborcarn

He shouldn't be able to see or hear what the people he's controlling with the parasite string are doing either.

Maybe he can get sensory information from the vibrations of the thread, like a spider in it's web. And alternately he can create sound by the vibrations of the thread as well.

pelicansurf

I mean, regardless of the invisibility, I'm sure Doflamingo knew Moria was still there and could've killed him if he tried, even without having his exact position pinpointed. Also, I'd argue him being able to accurately string and control so many people with parasite wouldn't be possible without CoO
You can argue it, but you're pulling this stuff out of your buns.

ethomaz

Banned
Why is everybody so excited about Doffy being half blind? Zoro is too for example. I honestly think that is not too limiting due to haki and how other senses work in OP.
I don't think Zoro is blind... he is holding power or some type of training imposed by his master.

Vecks

Why is everybody so excited about Doffy being half blind?

I think people just like to figure things out that may have been secretly hinted at for a very long time. Also, some people speculate his blindness may be the reason his father left the tenryubito in the first place, due to the possibility that a physical defect may be considered unacceptable for nobles, and if discovered he would have to either disown his son or kill him or something.

I mean this is him as a child.

Sakazuki_as_a_Child.png

I don't think his past is gonna be happy.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
vecause living things with a will have a voice,and only roger was supposed to be able to hear "the voice of all things"
dofla's clone is a puppet made of strings and moved by doflamingo..he is not able to create life

Do we have any reason to think that the strings Doffy creates out of nothing do not count as an extension of his body? They're always connected to him, even the clone was controlled by a thin line running back to him. They could easily contain his voice.

Squishy3

Do we have any reason to think that the strings Doffy creates out of nothing do not count as an extension of his body? They're always connected to him, even the clone was controlled by a thin line running back to him. They could easily contain his voice.
There's evidence for this, the one that Doffy sent down to Luffy when he got trapped in the well talks. Chapter 752/episode 689.

Not sure if anyone pointed this out yet about the Raijin/Fujin thing but this is interesting.

Sv9Ke.png

Gear_Fourth_Infobox.png

Is the Gear 4 picture super small for anyone else? It was fine when I linked it but now it's shrunk for me. Oh well.

Piers

He looks like a Franky wannabe. Egh.
It wouldn't surprise me if later on Luffy doesn't even adopt this form to initiate the attacks, much like how he suddenly busts out 'Jet' attacks without preparation these days.

pelicansurf

He looks like a Franky wannabe. Egh.
It wouldn't surprise me if later on Luffy doesn't even adopt this form to initiate the attacks, much like how he suddenly busts out 'Jet' attacks without preparation these days.
He still "preps" all of his attacks. It's just that both G3 and particularly G2 are so ingrained into his skillset that it only takes a moment to let 'er rip, including while on the move, which makes them feel much faster.

I like the tatoos but there's no way Luffy has another epic Rob Lucci vs. Luffy fight in that form, it's just too silly. If Luffy has more forms, I will fall in love with it. If Gear 4 is 100% this, it's a "meh" for me. Enough silly stuff in One Piece (I love the Usopp parts!) recently that I just wanted a bad-ass Luffy part. Law is stealing all the cool away lol.

Majukun

only logias work that way,paramecia's "products" (like the one from mr 3,magellan etc) do not count as their real body,that's just something they produce..thus the user is not damaged if you damage those parts (like the candle champion or the hydra)

talking about g4..the design has grown on me..the only thing i really dn't like are the nightmare luffy-like eye shadows..they seem out of place and just a way to make luffy resemble nightmare luffy even more..i get that they were put there to make him look more menacing..but they don't do a great job.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Trebol is a similar Paramecia. At first he looks Logia, but when his real body was revealed, it became clear he was a Paramecia like Galdino and Magellan.

Goddamn Luffy, that's quite the gear.

Decent chapter. Only thing I didn't really like is that Luffy can "fly" now. It was one of the few things that made Sanji in the crew unique, getting tired of him getting shat on by Oda. I expect Doffy to pull out some of his highest tier techniques and match Gear 4th, it'll come down to Willpower with Luffy barely edging it out.

pelicansurf

Decent chapter. Only thing I didn't really like is that Luffy can "fly" now. It was one of the few things that made Sanji in the crew unique, getting tired of him getting shat on by Oda. I expect Doffy to pull out some of his highest tier techniques and match Gear 4th, it'll come down to Willpower with Luffy barely edging it out.
I guess it depends how on demand G4 is. Luffy probably won't be transforming into it all the time, maybe, so Sanji retains the skies for the most part. Plus it's all about teamwork, so you'll see some characters ride Luffy like a surfboard and pair up with Sanji in the skies.

Opens up a lot of cool stuff in the future.

Jigolo

I think it's fine, otherwise his feet would be pretty useless. It's a creative way of being able to fly without actually knowing Geppo.

Flying was never unique for Sanji since it's just a variation of Geppo.

You also have other characters who can propel themselves through the air without actually flying like Smoker, Doflamingo, Shiki, etc.

pelicansurf

Flying was never unique for Sanji since it's just a variation of Geppo.

You also have other characters who can propel themselves through the air without actually flying like Smoker, Doflamingo, Shiki, etc.
I think he means for the Strawhats, not overall, since flying is a pretty crowded ability overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom