• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rouken

Usopp vs. Luffy was one of my fav. moments from the series.
The manly tears...
crying-luffy-and-usopp.jpg

oh crap, this gives me a reason to do a rewatch of luffy vs usopp

C'mon guys why the hard core Naruto talk in here?
Ummm...where's One Piece at then? lol

Early spoliers kinda made the wait even harder...sheesh...meh, here's some oda praise.

http://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/comments/3512yn/all_the_praise_for_oda/

Okay fellow One Piece lovers. As the wait for the next chapter is almost over, I thought it might be nice to let people know a few facts about the man that has given us this great series. Some of these might be known, but here's a small list of Oda facts!

Oda makes roughly 2 billion yen(25 million dollars) every year from One Piece royalties alone, yet he still continues the series. Oda had plenty of cash if he wanted to stop.

Oda is now 40 years old and originally started One Piece when he was 21 years old, in 1996. It was first show as 2 versions of Romance Dawn.

Oda, though seeming a venerable bachelor, is actually married. He and his wife got hitched just over 10 years ago. He met her when she was cosplaying as Nami at a festival. They have a daughter together.

Known as an intense workhorse, even compared to other mangaka, Oda works 21 hours a day! Sleeping for only about 3 hours.

Oda is extremely dedicated to his fans. Aside from spending a massive amount of time working, he even apologized to fans of his work after he was hospitalized in 2013 for making them wait an extra 2 weeks for the next chapte

ethomaz

Banned
I like the spoilers.

Luffy Gear 4 needs to hold up until the big guys on the later manga...
Mingo was never a thread for it.

Going by some new spoilers .
It seem the devil in the DF plays some part of awakening.
Damn how many years has it been since anything about that was mention

Big One

Banned
Going by some new spoilers .
It seem the devil in the DF plays some part of awakening.
Damn how many years has it been since anything about that was mention
That's pretty interesting, however I hope it doesn't lead to
Luffy trying to be evil by destroying Fishman Island to awaken his fruit.

360pages

I actually hope they DON'T dive too deep into the devil fruit and their origins. It's one of those things I think is best left unexplained. Since we already have so many plot lines and characters that could be their own entire story arcs.

Also, is it sad that Viz are the only ones that still call Zoro Zolo? Funimation, the games and everyone else calls in Zoro.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I actually hope they DON'T dive too deep into the devil fruit and their origins. It's one of those things I think is best left unexplained. Since we already have so many plot lines and characters that could be their own entire story arcs.

Also, is it sad that Viz are the only ones that still call Zoro Zolo? Funimation, the games and everyone else calls in Zoro.
I think they will be explained because of blackbeard's ability to steal them

Guys what if BB did THAT to whitebeard?
What if his awakening allows him to steal devil fruits?

DF will get explain Oda said so .
But it will be when luffy meets vegapunk so it most likely going tied into some arc.
Oda not going to leave of the biggest parts of his manga unexplained .

360pages

DF will get explain Oda said so .
But it will be when luffy meets vegapunk so it most likely going tied into some arc.
Oda not going to leave of the biggest parts of his manga unexplained .

I know, it's just a lot of stuff I rather have them cover, but we probably have a while to go anyway.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
That's pretty interesting, however I hope it doesn't lead to
Luffy trying to be evil by destroying Fishman Island to awaken his fruit.

Why is this the first thought that comes to your head? It makes no sense at all.

Hmmm..that's like leaving the void century, will of D, and Luffy's mom and dad a mystery. I disagree, and glad Oda said he would reveal it.

Dugna

So guess we were so distracted waiting for the new chapter, I know he's a fictional dude but it was Luffy's birthday yesterday.

If I recall someone told Oda "Chopper's birthday should be on Christmas!"

And Oda was like, "fuck it, sure"

Because that shit doesn't matter

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I really like that Luffy's made up birthday is on Cinco de Mayo.

It's Children's Day in Japan. A coincidence.
Then again, Oda did say that if Luffy was from the real world, he would be from Brazil (they do celebrate Cinco de Mayo)

klaushm

It's Children's Day in Japan. A coincidence.
Then again, Oda did say that if Luffy was from the real world, he would be from Brazil (they do celebrate Cinco de Mayo)

I'm from Brazil... We don't Celebrate Cinco de Mayo("Maio" in Brazilian Portuguese)

klaushm

I Googled "Cinco de Mayo Brazil" and saw articles about Rio celebrating it.

They could held an event or so. I'm exaclty from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil hehe :)

We work on may 4th and 5th, but, there are some events on the city, for both days, even about "May the 4th be with you".

Been short, Brazil celebrates everything because we have people from all countries, but could be small events which doesn't have much influence.

lol, no man, not at all. It's just a regular working day.

this.

Jarate

Banned
did doffy hit the smile factory? I think that will ultimately be how he's defeated, as it should neutralize him since its made out of sea prism stone. This will leave quell the birdcage too as all his powers are zapped or it could mean that it pisses him off even further. But im pretty sure the birdcage is done

RagnarokX

did doffy hit the smile factory? I think that will ultimately be how he's defeated, as it should neutralize him since its made out of sea prism stone. This will leave quell the birdcage too as all his powers are zapped or it could mean that it pisses him off even further. But im pretty sure the birdcage is done

No... he plowed into Pica's new plateau. The Smile Factory is a cylindrical tower with a jagged top and is shown in this very chapter.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Oh god, if Doffy got beat by Luffy sending him flying into the Smile factory I would laugh, but no it looks like he flew into the plateau the castle is resting on. I don't think it is all quite done yet, my money is on one more chapter. I'd put money on Zorro needing to cut the birdcage before this is all through. Plus there Burgess looming over the fight, likely looking to take out the winner and steal their power--we do know Blackbeard's crew has been going around stealing other people's devil fruit powers and Burgess doesn't have one just yet.

Even if Donflamingo is down for the count, I don't think we're quite done here yet.

Also, since the chapter's out there's no need for spoiler tags.

Oh god, if Doffy got beat by Luffy sending him flying into the Smile factory I would laugh, but no it looks like he flew into the plateau the castle is resting on. I don't think it is all quite done yet, my money is on one more chapter. I'd put money on Zorro needing to cut the birdcage before this is all through. Plus there Burgess looming over the fight, likely looking to take out the winner and steal their power--we do know Blackbeard's crew has been going around stealing other people's devil fruit powers and Burgess doesn't have one just yet.

Even if Donflamingo is down for the count, I don't think we're quite done here yet.

Also, since the chapter's out there's no need for spoiler tags.

Well Burgess would have to kidnap luffy to get his power and no way that happening with sabo around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom