• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurfx

get some go again
why would burgess want luffy's devil fruit? doflamingo's fruit is much better and burgess could easily get him once he is knocked out.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Chapter spoilers:

You now realize that Punk Hazard turning into what it is was the result of Aokiji's and Akainu's awakening and not just them spreading their attacks too much.

( ゚Д゚)

(Also, when Crocodile turned the entire castle garden into sand)

Chapter spoilers:

You now realize that Punk Hazard turning into what it is was the result of Aokiji's and Akainu's awakening and not just them spreading their attacks too much.

( ゚Д゚)

*realization gif*

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
DoFla using his DF would be really stupid - hope Oda doesnt mess up established characters like this :-/

Kworn

Banned
So Luffy is going to use his awakening to nullify things like the quake quake fruit Black Beard will inevitably use in future battles.

Luffy is just going to be a massively over powered life saver when he awakens...Gomu gomu no trampoline!

I also had a thought, didn't Crocodile have awakening when he was turning stuff around him into sand? Doflamingo used awakening before as well http://a.mfcdn.net/store/manga/106/TBD-780.0/compressed/k013.jpg

Maybe only those with Conquerers Haki can awaken it...

Kworn

Banned
Awakened explanation in One piece Wiki:

As explained by Crocodile, the Awakened Zoan (覚醒した「動物系」 Kakusei Shita Zōn-kei?) are users who have by unknown means attained the ability to be stronger, faster and tougher than what the Zoan Devil Fruits' abilities normally bestow. This also includes faster recovery time, which functions involuntarily even when the user is unconscious. However, an Awakened Zoan fruit user has no sign of complex thought, seemingly acting out on instinct and power. They are always in a form similar to their animal form, and yet they are somehow able to stand erect and hold weapons. The five Jailer Beasts are all classified as such users.

Just had a thought Choppers Monster point could be his awakened form much like the above explained Jailer beasts. He loses his control of his 'self' but how does Doffy not manage to lose control?

Also wouldn't law's awakening be the ability to make someone immortal?

Maybe they are talking about a totally different type of awakening?

This fight is not over yet, I get the feeling that Doffy is hanging on by a... thread?

Metal B

That's literally how every One Piece character gets their birthday decided. Someone writes in and says "I think this character's birthday should be this because reasons" and Oda is like "Ok sure why not."
Very often their is also a great reason why. Either the birthdays falls on an specif date of the real world, which fits the character, or the date is a pun in the Japanese language.

Zoro’s birthday is November 11th, if you write that date in numerical form as 11/11 that is what Japanese call “zorome” or a sequence of the same number. Another example of a “zorome” would be 777. Anyway, I hope you see the gag here.

Kworn

Banned
This is how Oda originally envisioned the One Piece crew:

3YZ1oP.png

Haha look at Robin!?!

Usopp is actually the Pirate King!

Nibel

Hm.

Despite the people celebrating and the text at the end implying that Luffy won the fight I still have the feeling it isn't over.

Also, Gear 4 costs a bunch of Haki and I wonder what will happen to Luffy when he can't keep it up anymore.

The awakening stuff.. well, let's see. It would explain what happened to Punk Hazard as GaimeGuy pointed out already.

Hm.

Despite the people celebrating and the text at the end implying that Luffy won the fight I still have the feeling it isn't over.

Also, Gear 4 costs a bunch of Haki and I wonder what will happen to Luffy when he can't keep it up anymore.

The awakening stuff.. well, let's see. It would explain what happened to Punk Hazard as GaimeGuy pointed out already.

I agree

Doffy is likely not done.... there wasn't a caption indicating so

plus Oda wouldn't make some characters talk about Luffy overusing his Haki ability if it didn't mean something in the end

Good chapter. I wonder what Burgess is up to.

0.o what? was that really how his birthday was decided?

That's literally how every One Piece character gets their birthday decided. Someone writes in and says "I think this character's birthday should be this because reasons" and Oda is like "Ok sure why not."

Yeah, pretty much. Their birthdays aren't random; they're always some Japanese pun, usually decided by some characters in their names with are also numbers. And Oda indeed doesn't care at all.

I'll never understand Japan's fascination with fictional character birthdays.

Not only that. The obsession with everything. Each characters favourite food, their favourite colours, their blood types etc. etc., Oda has answered all of this. Totally pointless stuff.

ffdgh

Chapter spoilers:

( ゚Д゚)

That's...actually rather mind blowing lol. It'll be hilarious if luffy will eventually be able to make his surroundings rubber.

TTOOLL

This chapter let me giddy...This awakening thing will surely take the story to another level. Now Punk Hazard makes total sense! Is it next week already?

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
The awakening thing is kind of weirding me out. I love G4 Luffy and his goofy badass-ness, but this stuff about everyone being a bizarro logia and turning everything into their "element" seems kinda dumb. Knowing oda there's a good reason for it, but totally seems like a straight up shonen power level increase across the board, unlike Haki.

Also, the rest of the crew except for Zoro are now farther in the rear view mirror than ever.

Jigolo

Chapter spoilers:

( ゚Д゚)

What castle garden are you talking about?

Also nice chapter. I thought it was this week but it looks like next week Puffy is gonna wrap things up.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Good chapter.
I liked Riku's speech.
Awakening huh? For Zoan's it gives them a major power boost, almost a primal level (as seen in Impel Down), for Paramecia's it can turn other things into their substance, I imagine the same is true for Logia's.
Makes sense for Doffy to have awakened his powers, he's been honing them for 30 years.

It's so not over.

Kworn

Banned
I'm curious as as to whether or not "awakening" is a defined line or is just a grey area of creativity and experience with your fruit. In my opinion what Luffy has done with his gears should be similar to what awakening is. Between gear 4 and now awakening of devil fruits the possibilities for future power ups has just skyrocketed.

gODA doing it again.

This is really interesting. Imagine how an awakening for Robin, Chopper or Brook would be. Possibilities are endless, and really feels like something that would make the duels against BB epic.

I was hoping we'd get more lore related to the "devils" if they actually exist. Some game-changing shit about this world right here.

daveo42

Banned
The Awakening bit seemed a bit weird since it appears that every DF user has access to it like some sort of insane power boost if that user can get to that point. Makes sense based on previous events, it just seems too insane. I'm sure we will eventually get some reasoning as to why that happens down the line and as someone else had said, might be way BB has been able to steal powers to begin with.

I'm guessing that while the fight is over between Luffy and DF, there will be some extra stuff happening between a few characters a la Thriller Bark.

I think Zoro will cut the strings, Big Momma or Kaido will appear and finish Mingo.

Based on Jesus being there, I'm guessing he's going to be stepping in as opposed to Big Mom or Kaido right now.

Lunar15

Bleh, I hate the concept of awakening, just because now a bunch of people are going to take the idea and overspeculate on it.

Nightbird

The Awakening bit seemed a bit weird since it appears that every DF user has access to it like some sort of insane power boost if that user can get to that point. Makes sense based on previous events, it just seems too insane. I'm sure we will eventually get some reasoning as to why that happens down the line and as someone else had said, might be way BB has been able to steal powers to begin with.

I'm guessing that while the fight is over between Luffy and DF, there will be some extra stuff happening between a few characters a la Thriller Bark.

Based on Jesus being there, I'm guessing he's going to be stepping in as opposed to Big Mom or Kaido right now.

It better be, because i don't that Fruit to be more overpowered than it is already

Korosenai

Jimbe will totally show up with Wadatsumi after Luffy beats Doflamingo. There will be a party, Robin will read the poneglyph, Jimbe will join the crew, and he'll take everybody to Zou to meet up with Sanji.

Taborcarn

The thing that bothers me about Awakening is, if it's such a big deal why didn't we see any of it at Marineford? There were a lot of big players there with a ton at stake, that doesn't seem like something they'd hold back.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
The only way awakening WON'T bother me is if a bunch of previously encountered DF users were already awakened, like WB, Shichibukai, etc. If they were all "holding back", it would really disappoint me.

Grexeno

Awakening wasn't around in Marineford because Oda hadn't thought of it/didn't want to use it yet and we are all going to have to deal with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom