• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

360pages

Yeah, this is better. Either they have to do the canon really well so the game can stand on it's own, or they have to go with a fanservice-heavy crazy random plot. Dissapointed they went with a barebones canon plot.

I wanted the Canon one to be really good, but it's done so poorly, not even counting the end. You get a summary of events and then things just happen.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
that's because it's the wrong link. The spoiler is a subsection of manga section though, so if you're logged in you can get to there from that page

Nope, all I get are scan, Viz and past chapter sub forums and I'm logged in. That website really does hate me.

Spinx

1167.gif

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Spoiler Pic Below:

http://i.imgur.com/VnkEd2u.jpg

honestly idk how I feel about that.... if its real

This was expected - every Shonen main hero needs this kind of move. I expected Luffy would get such a move to compete with guys like BB and their crazy Devil fruits. Hand-2-hand combat has its limit.

Still cant believe that he will take out DoFla with that one move though....DoFla will be weakened and maybe someone else will show up.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
SPOILERS BRIEF SUMMARY OF CHAPTER 785

SPOILERS SPOILERS

Doffy: "I'll show you. My "awakening!"
Doflamingo's strings "awaken."
The surrounding people turn into strings (?) and attack Luffy
Luffy: "No way that's really a paramecia power"
Doffy: "Devil Fruit powers can be 'awakened.' But you're nowhere near that level"

The townspeople lose the will to run from the strings (?).
The king or mayor or somebody says "Strawhat Luffy's still fighting, so don't give up!"
The townspeople are encouraged.
Luffy hits Doflamingo with Lion Bazooka.
End.

IHaveIce

Banned
Awakening huh? Wasn't that teased some time back then that Zoans have an awakened status? The beasts in imple down?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It makes it interesting that not only Zoan have awakening

I imagine Akainu and Aokiji are awakened as well and that's what happened to Punk Hazard. Now that I think about it Kaido probably has an awakened power as well, I wonder what power he has though. It's probably some insane Zoan like a dragon or something crazy like that.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Croc seemed to catch on that you can make your devil fruit stronger, although I don't know if he awakened his or not. He definitely talked about his experiences on The Grand Line causing him to try to master his fruit, though, and his techniques were all very refined.

If you consider that, then this has been hinted at since way back.

IHaveIce

Banned
Croc seemed to catch on that you can make your devil fruit stronger, although I don't know if he awakened his or not. He definitely talked about his experiences on The Grand Line causing him to try to master his fruit, though, and his techniques were all very refined.

If you consider that, then this has been hinted at since way back.
I think he had his awakened, at least at imple down IMO

convo

I don't think this can be completely over yet, i would need to see a better shot of the attack. If awakening your powers means that you can extend your powers to objects beyond your own body it would explain how Fujitora can slice with gravity using his sword

cw_sasuke

I don't think this can be completely over yet, i would need to see a better shot of the attack. If awakening your powers means that you can extend your powers to objects beyond your own body it would explain how Fujitora can slice with gravity using his sword

Would be weird seeing DoFla defeated after schooling Luffy and telling him "you are not on that level yet". We are still missing a piece for the fight to end....

jbug617

Banned
Would be weird seeing DoFla defeated after schooling Luffy and telling him "you are not on that level yet". We are still missing a piece for the fight to end....

Remember Law did do good damage to Doffy and he got blasted by Luffy's Gear 4. We don't know how strong the new attack is but looks more powerful than the other 2 Gear 4 attacks so far.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

From what we've seen so far unless Donfla's awakening can boost his base attack and defense it might not be enough to overcome gear 4. If he's going to beat Luffy he'll need to find a way to inflict real damage on his gear 4 body, which seems impossible right now due to Luffy still being rubbery while using haki in this form. Luffy just needs to deal enough damage to Donfla at this point, which he can definitely do.

360pages

Well, it looks like for Pirate Warriors 4 they are actually going to have to upgrade some characters.

That being said, I hope this arc is coming to a close. A lot of good moments, but it also really, really dragged. Which is weird, since despite me finding Punk Hazard being kind of slow at times moved pretty briskly.

Well, it looks like for Pirate Warriors 4 they are actually going to have to upgrade some characters.

They've done that with every game. Pretty certain all straw hats have a couple of new moves, including new special attacks. Other characters too.

Of course Luffy will/would get a whole new version for PW4.

360pages

They've done that with every game. Pretty certain all straw hats have a couple of new moves, including new special attacks. Other characters too.

Of course Luffy will/would get a whole new version for PW4.

Actually, none of the Straw Hats got an upgrade from PW2 to 3 outside of maybe Red Hawk Gatling, which no one can seem to unlock. Of course the biggest upgrade was from Pirate Warriors 1 to 2.

cw_sasuke

Remember Law did do good damage to Doffy and he got blasted by Luffy's Gear 4. We don't know how strong the new attack is but looks more powerful than the other 2 Gear 4 attacks so far.
luffy:"awakened? Oh yeah i can do that shit aswell"
From what we've seen so far unless Donfla's awakening can boost his base attack and defense it might not be enough to overcome gear 4. If he's going to beat Luffy he'll need to find a way to inflict real damage on his gear 4 body, which seems impossible right now due to Luffy still being rubbery while using haki in this form. Luffy just needs to deal enough damage to Donfla at this point, which he can definitely do.
Just saying that DoFla already has received a couple of Gear 4 hits and knows what to expect at this point - just find that his statement doesnt fit the scene if he is just about to get knocked KO. Sure the fight is ending...but i would be disappointed if DoFla is done after this hit.

Actually, none of the Straw Hats got an upgrade from PW2 to 3 outside of maybe Red Hawk Gatling, which no one can seem to unlock. Of course the biggest upgrade was from Pirate Warriors 1 to 2.

No man, check your sources. I haven't even played the game yet, but in all the trailers for the game that I've seen, they've shown new moves. I went ahead just now and picked the first trailer that came up on Youtube and saw a bunch of new moves. But yeah of course there was a bigger upgrade from PW1 to PW2; all the characters were basically remade then.

360pages

No man, check your sources. I haven't even played the game yet, but in all the trailers for the game that I've seen, they've shown new moves. I went ahead just now and picked the first trailer that came up on Youtube and saw a bunch of new moves. But yeah of course there was a bigger upgrade from PW1 to PW2; all the characters were basically remade then.

Actually I do see a few new moves for Luffy. Maybe it's because I haven't been checking too much in on the old characters. Though some might just be combinations of PTS movesets and TS movesets.

Actually I do see a few new moves for Luffy. Maybe it's because I haven't been checking too much in on the old characters. Though some might just be combinations of PTS movesets and TS movesets.

No man, like I said, they all have new moves, and they're not just combinations of old stuff; all their new moves are canon and from the latest arcs. I mean, they didn't redo the entire movesets, but they added new moves, and I think all of them have new special attacks too, in one way or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom