• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Thank god that strength isnt the all decisions factor otherwise we would reach stupid power level territory ala DBZ quite fast. Its nothing more than a number to measure how much of a threats to the WG this person is or can be. Strength plays a role, but so do knowledge or character traits like the ability to lead/convince people. Dragon is likely the most feared person because he combines power, knowledge and is leading movement that will confront the WG very soon.

I always wished this was the case, as it would make the most sense, but sadly it's not. It's the opposite of what you're describing. How much you annoyed the world government plays a small part, sure, but it's mostly related to the strength of the pirate.

They are the ones paying for the bounty so this is the most important part actually.

Obviously bounties aren't power levels, my point was more to illustrate that Enel was really, really strong, since I can't see anyone getting a bounty that high without a shit ton of strength to back it up. That said, keep in mind that Enel's god complex probably also would've contributed to that bounty had it been real, since he's definitely the type to be very destructive and actively hate the WG.

I've always assumed that being a captain was always a huge factor in high bounties, so someone like Zoro would have a much higher bounty were he to lead his own crew rather than be under Luffy

They are the ones paying for the bounty so this is the most important part actually.

Yep, It's just that for the majority of pirates their strength is one of the defining factors of how big an issue they are to the world government. Pirates are by nature opposed to the WG, but most won't go out of their way to attack them. And we've seen guys like Kreig early on whose bounty was probably more due to the amount of men under him than his own strength

Syntsui

I always wished this was the case, as it would make the most sense, but sadly it's not. It's the opposite of what you're describing. How much you annoyed the world government plays a small part, sure, but it's mostly related to the strength of the pirate.

No, not at all. Come on man, there are a lot of examples given here.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Does anyone honestly think that Ace was stronger than Doflamingo?
Or that Kidd and Luffy were almost on part with him pre timeskip?

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
It depends on how Ace's Haki game was. He already knew how to use Conqueror's Haki, so he probably knew how to use the other two. If he was good, fire > string, so he could've won.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

I just always imagined Ace as slightly stronger than Luffy being the older brother.

Just like now I view Sabo as slightly stronger than Luffy as well.

In both cases at some point as per shounen rules the younger brother will surpass the older brother at some point though.

Chariot

I never thought about it and have to say: I don't really know. We have no way to determine who of the two is, or was actually stronger.
I just always imagined Ace as slightly stronger than Luffy being the older brother.

Just like now I view Sabo as slightly stronger than Luffy as well.

In both cases at some point as per shounen rules the younger brother will surpass the older brother at some point though.
I thought that Ace is much stronger than Luffy, since he had more experince earlier than Luffy, especially since travelling with Whitebeard on the Grandline. Luffy maybe would've catched up (well he did anyways, since Ace doesn't look so hot anymore, but you know what I want to say).

Thank god that strength isnt the all decisions factor otherwise we would reach stupid power level territory ala DBZ quite fast. Its nothing more than a number to measure how much of a threats to the WG this person is or can be. Strength plays a role, but so do knowledge or character traits like the ability to lead/convince people. Dragon is likely the most feared person because he combines power, knowledge and is leading movement that will confront the WG very soon.

Doflamingo's bounty has be frozen for years since he became a shichibukai. So it doesn't really mean much anymore

Dugna

There is part in the manga that says the Enel Mantra works better because his akuma no mi.

So maybe since electricity is in most living plant life and the air itself he could just spread himself a certain amount and not really work on the size of his Observation haki just be literally everywhere?

ethomaz

Banned
So maybe since electricity is in most living plant life and the air itself he could just spread himself a certain amount and not really work on the size of his Observation haki just be literally everywhere?
I don't remember the part in the manga that explain that but on wiki you can read...

With the Goro Goro no Mi, Enel can pick up electromagnetic waves, allowing him to overhear conversations and everything around him: this has extended the range of his Mantra to cover roughly all of Skypiea. By comparison, most of the other priests could only keep track of people nearby.

Edit - I found the chapter... 278.

c278_001.jpg

Enel was able to build a space ship and knows of technologies like radar. Even without haki or devil fruit this makes him a threat to the world government if he doesn't collaborate. He might come back into play when vegapunk comes into the story. I actually think that skypiea is one of the more interesting arcs in one piece when it comes to laying down what the series is about and the destiny of the crew.

smurfx

get some go again
i hope when enel comes back he's mastered his devil fruit and has some of the strongest conquerer's haki around.

Jigolo

Enel would get wrecked by so many of the new characters in the manga. He is definitely not even close to the strongest anymore

SalvaPot

Enel was able to build a space ship and knows of technologies like radar. Even without haki or devil fruit this makes him a threat to the world government if he doesn't collaborate. He might come back into play when vegapunk comes into the story. I actually think that skypiea is one of the more interesting arcs in one piece when it comes to laying down what the series is about and the destiny of the crew.

It also set up Merry. And had the only serious solo fight of Robin.

What a great arc that was.

360pages

You'd think Coby would think twice about the Marines when his boss almost melted his face off. You'd think he would think about what he's doing considering the person he's working under is 100 times worse than most pirates.

You'd think Coby would think twice about the Marines when his boss almost melted his face off. You'd think he would think about what he's doing considering the person he's working under is 100 times worse than most pirates.

He's been dealing with corrupt Marines from day one. He knows the score. It's just that he wants to make things better. And for the sake of that world I hope he succeeds.

360pages

I hope so as well, but when 2/3 of your leading commanders are borderline complete monsters and the one that wasn't quit...well.

There could be many reasons for choosing an admiral. His power and experience are probably very important, but then also the guidelines and maybe even the world government sometimes have a say in it, even though they are a separate entity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom