• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT| ZEHAHAHAHA! The Name of this Age is Blackbeard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been assuming that there really was a Sogeking somewhere who was going to confront Usopp about making him looks like a criminal. Part of the 'all Usopp's lies will eventually be true' idea.

Chariot

I've been assuming that there really was a Sogeking somewhere who was going to confront Usopp about making him looks like a criminal. Part of the 'all Usopp's lies will eventually be true' idea.
Usopp needs the equivalent to Green Lantern ring. He would slay.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
That theory is impossible. Too much evidence against it.

Joking aside, I'm really looking forward to the moment when the Straw Hats arrive at the real Sniper Island and Usopp like's "Holy shit, it's real! I mean, yes of course it's real! Sogeking told me all about it!

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
You know there's the one gullible guy reading this thread who's all like

UXvnhyX.jpg

"How is this forum so dumb"

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
tumblr_no8tzufLK01u6www0o7_500.jpg

tumblr_no8tzufLK01u6www0o3_500.png

tumblr_no8tzufLK01u6www0o2_500.jpg

tumblr_no8tzufLK01u6www0o4_500.png

tumblr_no8tzufLK01u6www0o5_500.jpg

tumblr_no8tzufLK01u6www0o6_500.png

Lesson learned: looks can be deceiving.

A common Shonen trope. The hero powers up, the villain mocks them, the villain gets wrecked.
Dragon Ball did it a lot.
*Goku goes SSJ3*
Babadi: Your hair looks stupid. Get him Buu.
*Goku wrecks Buu*

MCD

Gear 4th is crazy creative despite the puffy look.

Gear 2 is most hype because speed = cool action baby!

Was never a fan of 3rd.

smurfx

get some go again
bet you the next chapter is doflamingo showing off his final desperate attack and luffy's gear 4 running out. that will probably be the cliffhanger.

bet you the next chapter is doflamingo showing off his final desperate attack and luffy's gear 4 running out. that will probably be the cliffhanger.

I think that's exactly what we got last chapter. I think the fight is basically over. We are going to get Doffy dialog about his life and his fight and he collapses. I'm on the fence about stopping the Birdcage this chapter. There is a change the cage stays up after he is out and still needs to be taken care of.

Dugna

I'd think Toei would assign somebody good for the Gear Fourth reveal, gotta milk the best scenes for the most views.

doflamingo can also put a bird cage around himself and luffy couldn't punch him without destroying his hands.

Locking yourself into place against people like Zoro, Fujitora, and Law probably wouldn't be a good move. Even Luffy could probably come up with something with armament haki.

Plus the strings still come from him. They have a travel time. People who are quick enough can dodge them. I don't think it's correct to say Doflamingo could put a small cage around one of the higher-end fighters.

jbug617

Banned
I think that might be the idea. Take a fruit from the loser, who won't be in any condition to fight back.

I think Luffy is the #1 target because of Burgess not being able to bring Ace's Devil Fruit. Maybe Sabo will save Luffy at the last moment and Burgess ends up going after Doflamingo's instead.

Burgess was there before he knew Luffy was on the island. He could certainly be aiming for Luffy now but I think it's possible someone else on the island/Doffy was the backup plan if he didn't get Ace's fruit.

smurfx

get some go again
there is zero reasons anybody would want luffy's fruit. there are much better fruits out there for the blackbeard pirates to hunt for. burgess obviously went to the island for a logia since those are hard to come by. i'm guessing burgess would want either doflamingo's fruit or pika's fruit. i want burgess to take doflamingo's fruit and then steal the bird cage idea but instead create a ring out of string and then put a cage around it and wrestle fighters in it.

smurfx

get some go again
I hope Jesus Burgess remains fruitless. He can kill Viola and give her fruit to Van Auger....
blackbeard probably wants all of his guys to get powerful fruits so they can take over the new world. he probably sent all of his guys on missions to collect fruits or fruit users so they can power up. burgess might be the last one who hasn't gotten his own fruit.

Squishy3

spoilers out

gear 4 runs out and burgess tries to finish luffy off while he's tired but sabo kicks him in the face, doflamingo is doing something nefarious, probably plans to make birdcage into a blender, in other words: now we get to see sabo vs burgess and no progress will be made in the doflamingo fight for a week or two

I assumed the devil-fruit stealing business was done through Blackbeard's darkness absorption powers, so if that's the case I dunno if Burgess will get new powers so soon.

I neeeeeeed the new chapter.

Edit: And out I go.

jercruz

Complete spoilers are now out.

Go
Gatz!
Luffy
needs 10 minutes to recover. There's still 20 minutes left. So that 10 minutes will be the Gatz and the gladiators attacking doffy. Then the final 10 minues fight with a recovered Luffy

RalchAC

I'm confused...are we in a flashback now? Did Luffy end the fight or what? The whole 20 minutes later thing is confusing me.

It seems Gear 4th has a cooldown. After he uses it he is vulnerable and unable to move for a while. So he should be unable to use it for a while.

Overall,
I'm happy with Burgess appearing in the middle of the fight even if it means the arc will last a bit longer. Blackbeard Pirates seem to be an important enemy in the long term. If he hadn't appeared at all after the Colosseum it would have been weird.

Will the Chapter launch in 2-3 hours? I've just caught up with the One Piece manga and it's been a while since I followed a Jump series. I remember new chapters used to release on Wednesday morning when I was following Naruto, but it's Tuesday and here we are.

Hi you all BTW, I think it's my first post here.

Why is DF such an insane beast? He clearly a level above Luffy in this arc...which is a first for OP. Luffy always managed to elevate himself to his limit to take out the boss, but this time DF has had many fights himself and many handicaps. Added to that, he has taken many blows from Luffy, much more damage from him and Law and come out of it...Pretty crazy.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Why is DF such an insane beast? He clearly a level above Luffy in this arc...which is a first for OP. Luffy always managed to elevate himself to his limit to take out the boss, but this time DF has had many fights himself and many handicaps. Added to that, he has taken many blows from Luffy, much more damage from him and Law and come out of it...Pretty crazy.

Donflamingo is crazy strong but if Luffy is to be believed he only needs to land one or two more hits to win. Crazily enough the reason Luffy hasn't won yet is he's too strong, if he didn't keep sending Donfla flying with every hit then he wouldn't need to keep chasing him down and could have landed the necessary number of hits a long time ago. I mean Luffy landed like 4 or 5 hits total and he thinks he needs one or two more, that's insanely strong. If he had a gattling move then the fight would have been over in an instant.

Also, we've learned a lot more about haki works. It isn't an unlimited resource, it'll refill but it takes time. It's like MP in a modern RPG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom