• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veelk

Banned
The author-as-God is canonical in One Piece. Nobody has any agency, they are literally placed in each panel and have physical words hovering near their faces. They are soulless automatons that exist in two dimensions that can only silently scream as they are puppeted to Goda's amusement.

You might be overthinking it there a bit.

woodland

Quick question - I love this manga but what's the release schedule? I know it usually goes up Thursday mornings (rarely Wednesdays) and I know Oda's health used to be in issue, but it seems like it misses as often as not. Is this still Oda's health?

Excluding holidays, Golden Week, etc.

Gintamen

Quick question - I love this manga but what's the release schedule? I know it usually goes up Thursday mornings (rarely Wednesdays) and I know Oda's health used to be in issue, but it seems like it misses as often as not. Is this still Oda's health?

Legal release is on monday, but he get's a break every three to four weeks and this won't change until the series ends.

Veelk

Banned
The irony of this given the quoted post is staggering.

It's too bad I have a total and complete lack of self-awareness, or else that post you quoted would have been an functioned excellently as some kind of irony based humor statement.

The irony of this given the quoted post is staggering.

This can't be a Veelk post

Is this some even more subtle sarcasm or is this gif actually appropriate:

HVZYTlVgE908o.gif

Iirc it's to prevent him from overworking.

Jump is off this week due to the Obon Holiday.

Jump takes three major breaks every year. Along with New Years and Golden Week, Obon is one of those break periods.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

aechris

If you're in Canada (only?), you can get 15% off books at Amazon.ca if you use the code PROMO15. Good time to jump in on Box Set 3 if you're interested (which you totally should be!)

If you're in Canada (only?), you can get 15% off books at Amazon.ca if you use the code PROMO15. Good time to jump in on Box Set 3 if you're interested (which you totally should be!)

Might bite on this. I have the first box set and definitely want the other two! But I am poor. Fuck.

Red Fire

Most OP characters in OP

MAGELLAN
Gear 4 luffy, just overpowered
MAGELLAN
Ceaser and his oxygen hax
Big mom (as of now)
Akainu (you could argue all 4 admirals)
Enel
MAGELLAN

Blackbeard has OP powers but he is a fat piece of shit so he doesn't count
I wanna say Kaido/Shanks/Dragon but we have to see more

Add some to the list

Jarnet87

Sengoku is a shitter, how did this man become Fleet Admiral. Could have crushed Whitebeard and friends at Marineford, then has Blackbeard show up with a bunch of level 6 criminals and doesn't notice them at all despite one of them being close to the size of Oars Jr. Then gets surprised when some nobody mentions they escaped.

Most OP characters in OP

MAGELLAN
MAGELLAN
Big mom (as of now)
Enel
MAGELLAN

Add some to the list
Buggy and Usopp.
Sengoku is a shitter, how did this man become Fleet Admiral. Could have crushed Whitebeard and friends at Marineford, then has Blackbeard show up with a bunch of level 6 criminals and doesn't notice them at all despite one of them being close to the size of Oars Jr. Then gets surprised when some nobody mentions they escaped.
4cefb844647dd19c9d76cc511d3b8ea8e7968779_hq.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Been reading the manga from the top and this is the first time I realized something cool:

The officer who is hypnotized to take the fake Captain Kuro speaks well for someone with a broken jaw and is going to get a huge promotion. It's Axe Hand Morgan!

Most OP characters in OP

MAGELLAN
MAGELLAN
Big mom (as of now)
Enel
MAGELLAN

Add some to the list
Blackleg
Vinsmoke Sanji

Been reading the manga from the top and this is the first time I realized something cool:

The officer who is hypnotized to take the fake Captain Kuro speaks well for someone with a broken jaw and is going to get a huge promotion. It's Axe Hand Morgan!

Huh?

Pics? Talking about a cover story?

keffri

I just started reading this last week. I'm around the part where
They just heard about Sky Island, and they're going to salvage the sunken ship.

I can't believe I had waited so long to read this. The 850+ chapters was putting me off.

The story is great and the characters are awesome too. My favorite part has to be that it's hilarious.

Usopp and his cowardice. Luffy and his food. Sanji and his infatuation with every woman. Just the general shenanigans that take place with the straw-hat crew makes this manga so enjoyable to read.

I just started reading this last week. I'm around the part where
They just heard about Sky Island, and they're going to salvage the sunken ship.

I can't believe I had waited so long to read this. The 850+ chapters was putting me off.

The story is great and the characters are awesome too. My favorite part has to be that it's hilarious.

Usopp and his cowardice. Luffy and his food. Sanji and his infatuation with every woman. Just the general shenanigans that take place with the straw-hat crew makes this manga so enjoyable to read.

Welcome to the best comic book ever. It only gets better from here.

Majukun

Huh?

Pics? Talking about a cover story?

no,it's in kuro's flashback..it's not stated clearly, but the fact that the guy it's been stapped on his jaw and that now morgan has a metal jaw (other than the fact that they look identical for what we can see) it's basically a confirmation.
i don't remember if oda ever confirmed this in an SBS though

Veelk

Banned
Here's a game that you guys might find interesting.

You have the option to visit one island in the OP world. Which would you visit and why?

I'll edit my answer in when I've thought about it. Right now, it's waters 7, because I like venice like cities.

You have the option to visit one island in the OP world. Which would you visit and why?

I'll edit my answer in when I've thought about it. Right now, it's waters 7, because I like venice like cities.

This answer depends on whether or not we can defend ourselves from pirates and assholes. Are we highly trained devil fruit/haki users or what?

Either way, Amazon Lily. But that would be no men...Hmmmm....

Veelk

Banned
This answer depends on whether or not we can defend ourselves from pirates and assholes. Are we highly trained devil fruit/haki users or what?

Either way, Amazon Lily. But that would be no men...Hmmmm....

Up to you. You're basically a tourist and potentially dangerous characters aren't interested in you, unless you're specifically going there to start shit with them I guess. You're free to pick the state of the area you visit. So it's up to you if you want to visit Dressrosa, for example, pre-, post-, or during Doflamingo, and whether you're welcome to do what you want there.

I'd also like to visit Ohara, I guess. Predestruction, obviously.

bjork

Whichever island Orange Town is, because I want to hang out with Chouchou

Hmmmm whole cake island easily. Food to eat everywhere(as long as I follow the rules of what's not eatable) bunch of different races to interact with,singing flowers perfect vacation spot. Also I'm yonkou level lol just in case big mom goes on a rampage I need to be able to survive that shit

Skypeia or Amazon Lily.

Amazon Lily.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I'll just say that if Luffy wasn't so stupid, he coulda made some... pretty good things happen on Amazon Lilly. I'm not sure there's any end to this story that doesn't end in me getting an arrow in the chest but it'd be a pretty wild few hours.

Otherwise, legal tourist in Skypiea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom