• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Down

Banned
Woah woah there.

Nami doesn't count before sanji.

FRAUD

b269be5795be1af18fd3194269ab423d.jpg

tumblr_inline_o3q3hdWVjO1rpcdyn_540.jpg

Plus chapter title names of when the straw hat join put Nami as Number 2, Zoro number 1, Usopp 3 and Sanji 4.

She will always be ahead of Sanji

Nothing is ever going to beat the K-on from back in the day where they would greet each other every morning and roleplay as little girls.

one_piece_728_by_burnouts3s3-d6u3i3v.jpg

Ray Down

Banned
The yonkou? The government?

None of the Yonkou seem interested in One Piece though outside maybe BB seems like most have them to prevent someone rising and grabbing OP and possible weakening there organization, Blackbeard could have had JB nab Robin if he wanted OP since he must know about them. He will most likely let Luffy and the straw hats do all the hard work of finding it and then strike.

WG have already tried to nab Robin once and it failed it would just be a retread, now they are just trying to prevent that knowledge from getting out and want to stop any pirate rising to Yonkou status to keep there "balance".

None of the Yonkou seem interested in One Piece though outside maybe BB seems like most have them to prevent someone rising and grabbing OP and possible weakening there organization, Blackbeard could have had JB nab Robin if he wanted OP since he must know about them. He will most likely let Luffy and the straw hats do all the hard work of finding it and then strike.

WG have already tried to nab Robin once and it failed it would just be a retread, now they are just trying to prevent that knowledge from getting out and want to stop any pirate rising to Yonkou status to keep there "balance".
Isn't the reason Kaido is pursuing Momo and his crew because of their connection to Oden?
I agree on Blackbeard but it's a little foolish to think Big Mom and Kaido have no interest in Raftel given their possession of the Poneglyphs.

The WG is a puzzling one. I'm guessing there's a greater threat than Robin which is why they haven't focused on grabbing her as a priority. I'd hate for it to be they underestimated them, but it makes sense. Ugh.

cntr

Banned
A Poneglyph sounds like a thing you'd pick up for its value and possible future use, even if you aren't trying for One Piece right now.

And they're competing with Blackbeard, who's actively trying for One Piece. Might as well cut him off.

Isn't the reason Kaido is pursuing Momo and his crew because of their connection to Oden?
I agree on Blackbeard but it's a little foolish to think Big Mom and Kaido have no interest in Raftel given their possession of the Poneglyphs.

The WG is a puzzling one. I'm guessing there's a greater threat than Robin which is why they haven't focused on grabbing her as a priority. I'd hate for it to be they underestimated them, but it makes sense. Ugh.
Exactly at some point its going to become a head scratcher on why she isn't being targeted. At the very least lil side comments from kaido,big mom and Blackbeard when the strawhats clash to keep Robin alive

Exactly at some point its going to become a head scratcher on why she isn't being targeted.

Because most people don't know the Poneglyphs are the key to Raftel. Other pirates just don't know yet and it's a secret kept by the people of Wano and Minks. When words gets out the point of Poneglyphs and that Robin is the only one who can read them, you can bet your ass things are going to get heated.

RomanceDawn

Robin is being targeted by the government, the last time we really see it was on Saboady, though they captured the fake Robin. Then the last time the CPs were up and about they were on a different mission brought about by Doflamingo and Robin noticed them before they noticed her.

The government will always be after her like they would any Straw Hat since she is wanted but we probably won't get an Enies Lobby style retread anytime soon. But what ever they decide to do they have to tread carefully. They view the Straw Hats as dangerous as Emperor Black Beard. If you are going after any Straw Hat you are going after all of them and you don't just send out a ship with an Admiral any more and some pacifistas.

I don't think there is any hole or inconsistency within the story. If Robin should die I bet the 5 Elders would be plenty happy to just keep the status quo, she doesn't have one of them fancy Sanji type bounties. After all we know there are other ways to decipher the poneglyphs which is a huge reason why the Samurai were targeted by Doflamingo and Kaidou.

Big One

Banned
No shit is Jinbe joining. He already told Luffy he was going to join, and he just told Big Mom he's leaving the crew to join the Strawhats. He's joining unless he dies.

Veelk

Banned
Does any one know how long before more digitally colored volumes come out? It's been forever and it's still only at the very beginning of the Dressrosa arc.

Robin is being targeted by the government, the last time we really see it was on Saboady, though they captured the fake Robin. Then the last time the CPs were up and about they were on a different mission brought about by Doflamingo and Robin noticed them before they noticed her.

The government will always be after her like they would any Straw Hat since she is wanted but we probably won't get an Enies Lobby style retread anytime soon. But what ever they decide to do they have to tread carefully. They view the Straw Hats as dangerous as Emperor Black Beard. If you are going after any Straw Hat you are going after all of them and you don't just send out a ship with an Admiral any more and some pacifistas.

I don't think there is any hole or inconsistency within the story. If Robin should die I bet the 5 Elders would be plenty happy to just keep the status quo, she doesn't have one of them fancy Sanji type bounties. After all we know there are other ways to decipher the poneglyphs which is a huge reason why the Samurai were targeted by Doflamingo and Kaidou.
Holy shit. I just realized it isn't confirmed who the fake Robin's captors back on Saobody were. This whole time I assumed they were Revolutionaries trying to get Robin back after she had snuck away.

I disagree on the comparison to Black Beard. There's no evidence to support what the WG thinks of the Strawhats besides their bounties and the constant "that brat" Luffy from the elder stars. Their tone suggests Luffy's crew is a mere annoyance, and their complete lack of severity in chasing Robin suggests, to me, that they aren't taking this seriously.

I don't think there's a hole or anything, but it makes me think that there must be an actual reason like Robin isn't that big a deal. Aside from that, it's just another classic shonen villain underestimating a very real threat, which to be fair is a majority of the villains in this series.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
If you think about how old Brook really is... He's older than Raleigh. He's older than Whitebeard.
He's the 5th oldest character after Kureha, the giants from Little Garden and the Skypeia snake. Definitely can't accuse Luffy of ageism.

Veelk

Banned
You guys ever wonder how a family with an anglo-saxon sounding surname like Vinsmoke end up with japanese numbers for their children's first names?

cntr

Banned
I always thought that the One Piece world speaks English, but Japanese was a literary language. It's mostly the fancy organizations like the Marines that use Japanese a lot.

plus anime naming, yeah

I wonder if "Reiju" being numbered with a zero was a joke about computers numbering from zero.

If Nami wasn't official until Arlong was defeated, then Sanji Isn't official until after this current Arc. It's likely Jinbei will be an official crew member before Sanji...

IHaveIce

Banned
You guys ever wonder how a family with an anglo-saxon sounding surname like Vinsmoke end up with japanese numbers for their children's first names?

Man sometimes I can't sleep because I ask myself the same question. It's even weirder than animal-humans

Veelk

Banned
How do fishmen vocalize speech underwater? There's no bubbles out of their mouths when they talk, so they don't use air....

Genryu

Banned
How do fishmen vocalize speech underwater? There's no bubbles out of their mouths when they talk, so they don't use air....

Well, because vibrations travel through water better than they do through air, Fishmen use their enhanced abilities underwater in order to vibrate their vocal chords with so much strength that it travels through their skin AND the water. Them moving their mouths is more of just a force of habit than an actual need to do so.

Super Scientific Fact, prove me wrong.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
oda, I demand to know what happened to rogers body. If you don't answer or answer it vaguely, then I know we'll see it soon

RomanceDawn

I disagree on the comparison to Black Beard. There's no evidence to support what the WG thinks of the Strawhats besides their bounties and the constant "that brat" Luffy from the elder stars. Their tone suggests Luffy's crew is a mere annoyance, and their complete lack of severity in chasing Robin suggests, to me, that they aren't taking this seriously.

What I was referring to was said at Punk Hazard. The government is as afraid of the Straw Hats as they are of Black Beard.

CAESAR: "They're already dead, Monet!"
MONET: "Yes... hahaha... What a disappointment. They're fellow members of Law's worst generation... and the government is as afraid of them as it is of Black Beard. With the way the papers claimed they were fully back in action... I figured they'd have a little more back bone... Right, Law?

With all that the crew did before the time skip the government easily sees their potential so I don't get a sense that they feel the Straw Hats are a mere annoyance. I mean they sent like 3 Vice Admirals and an Admiral out to take care of the Straw Hats on Dressrosa, Fuji just came to find Luffy as a likable guy.

Also its a big world and its not like the Marines always know where the Straw Hats are at any given time.

Not specifically directed at you Cloud, but just the question in general as to why Robin hasn't been targeted that much but...
With Robin there are certainly those who know about the Poneglyphs and their importance to becoming Pirate King but that doesn't seem like common knowledge in their world. Doffy and Kaidou most likely assumed all they needed were the Samurai's to decipher the Glyphs, and for the most part they were right. Maybe now Big Mom will bring it up since we know she has an interest in them.

I feel like everything has been pretty consistent with Robin. We meet her with a pirate who uses Robin specifically for the Poneglyphs. At Skypiea, no one knows Robin or why the stones are so important. Then at Water 7 and Enies Lobby its all about her and forbidden knowledge. Moriah was building an army to go after Kaidou and Oars his way to Pirate King. Kuma was sent out to give the Straw Hats a War Lord double teaming beat down. The flying fish riders got no concern with Poneglyphs. Kizaru of all people was dispatched to take care of them and for the most part he did.

We find out that the revolutionaries were searching for Robin for all of her infamous life because of her history and knowledge. The Fishmen Pirates tried to kill kings at the reverie and Caesar was interested in weapons that could kill in mass. And like I said before Doffy and Kaidou have been after easier prey to get ancient knowledge.

We had 2 huge sagas concerning Robin and her ability to read Poneglyphs. The islands and characters met in-between and after just weren't after that knowledge, for the most part any way.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yep, they're mainly afraid of Robin. I don't think they're aware of Luffy's Main Character in a Shonen Series power of bringing everyone to him though.

Xux

Roger's body's probably locked up in a super coffin at the bottom of Impel Down or the Marine Headquarters.
Moriah'll show up with it at the end to get revenge on Luffy and Akainu.

...I wonder if Moriah can take control of the original Kuma.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Roger's body's probably locked up in a super coffin at the bottom of Impel Down or the Marine Headquarters.
Moriah'll show up with it at the end to get revenge on Luffy and Akainu.

...I wonder if Moriah can take control of the original Kuma.

The original kuma isn't dead

Moria needs a corpse unless he has an awaken ability that can

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom