• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

cntr

Banned
yeah, Coby's role in the story will be to reform the Marines, not to be Luffy's Garp. Oda already set up the beginnings of that with Coby opposing Akainu.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Coby taking down Akainu is something I really want to see. It'd be the ultimate one-two punch of Coby climbing up the relevance ladder and defeating Akainu's "justice is strength" policy.

I just love Coby. I think he's my favorite character

dabig2

Coby taking down Akainu is something I really want to see. It'd be the ultimate one-two punch of Coby climbing up the relevance ladder and defeating Akainu's "justice is strength" policy.

I just love Coby. I think he's my favorite character

Akainu will be Luffy or Sabo's foe to mangle at the end, but I'd love it if Akainu retreats to wherever Coby is and then Coby coup de grace's his ass.

Metal B

I always thinks of smoker as luffy's garp. Sure it's not 100%
He is Luffy's Garp, but Oda tries to not be to obvious about it. Both are natural enemies, but still have a friendly rivalry based on respect. Oda uses him as a wild card, who can an be opponent or friend depending on the situation. Smoker, similar to Garp, can see the bigger picture and work with trustworthy criminals, like the Strawhats, if it is for the greater good.

Also similar to Garp both are those old cop stereotypes. Guys, who love being on the "street", and fighting the good fight. Garp and Smoker just wouldn't be happy pushing papers and therefore aren't interest in higher positions. This is also what makes them so resistant against corruption.

Oda is smart enough, building up Smoker's roll slow and naturally. He will be Luffy's Garp, not because Oda tell it to audience or making obvious examples, but because Smoker will always be there opposing and working together with Luffy. And at the end of One Piece, when the Strawhats sail into the sunset, Smoker will be right behind him and yell at them with a smile "I will get you this time.", while Luffy smiles and waves back.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Man why did none of us think about the viverecard having special power due to the soul fruit, seems obvious in retrospect.

Chapter is out .
Interesting that if you have big mom vive card the homies can't attack you .
Also going to be interesting see how luffy fights vs a yonko commander .

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Aaah, my One Piece fix has been satiated.

That explains why Nami hasn't been attacked by the Homies. That vivre card is basically a shield.
Luffy against an Emperor's commander, this will be nuts.
Wonder how Chopper and Carrot are going to get out of the mirror. Chopper seemed to have a plan of some kind.

The beginning of the chapter was kinda explaining the obvious but I get we are the hardcore audience, and many casuals might not even remember Lola.

Anyway, I guess we have the explanation of why the forest was acting weird with Nami, although it's the first time them seeing the light of the vivre card. We'll have Luffy vs. Cracker and possibly Nami vs. Brûlée, interesting. I wonder if Randolph will get in the way, because that would be clearly a disavantage with Chopper and Carrot out.

Speaking of which, I wonder what Chopper was trying to say to Luffy.

cntr

Banned
I don't think the vivre card makes the homies unable to attack as much as they detect Big Mom's soul and freak out.

Cracker's design doesn't really feel like it belongs to a significant adversary, so I'm surprised he's apparently that "big".
I'm glad we're getting goofy designs for the big enemies, it's great.

Taborcarn

Time to browse that Bleach ending thread for a while. That trainwreck's finally come to an end, with an appropriate wet farting noise.

Metal B

I don't think the vivre card makes the homies unable to attack as much as they detect Big Mom's soul and freak out.

I'm glad we're getting goofy designs for the big enemies, it's great.
I think, they can't attack. It could be a fail switch, so that Homies can't betray there creator (they clearly have a will of their own). But there could be two interesting and sadistic side effects!

A child has a fraction of there parents soul in the One Piece Universe (Brook is the embodiment of this concept, that souls exist). Vivre Cards are made with a small piece of the persons soul, which wants to go back to its complete body (that's why they point into the direction). Homies can't attack people holding a Vivre Card with there creator's soul or his/her children in it and of course the children them self (I guess, the effect gets weaker with every generation).

Now the sadistic part is the way Homies work. Big Mom can control them, because they have a part of her soul in them. This would explain, why she is so obsessed with having children. She Can controll her children similar to Homies! So they are a extreme loyal force through her Devil Fruits for her and her only reason to breed them, is to expense her crew!

So the main theme of this arc could be children, who literally try to escape the control of their parents, in form of Sanji's and Pudding's forced marriage.

Kain

Oda had "something" planned since Thriller Bark. This fucking guy.

The genius in this is not specifically planning about BMs power or even BM herself being Lola's mom (this works without her being her daughter), no, the genius is leaving breadcrumbs leading to something that could be fucking anything and then in the future remembering that shit and tieing perfectly into the current plot and the overall series. It's just perfect, and it's not the first time.

I mean HHHHHNNNNNGGGGG fucking Oda. Man.

So the commander has the 2nd highest bounty in the series right now. His power doesn't seem very special but who knows what he can do with it.

It's weird that Big Mom's vivre card makes the Homies back off but I'm guessing it's just tied to the spiritual power the person for the card has.

Lunar15

I'd say Lola would show up in this arc, but last we saw her was in a cover page early on in the timeskip where she was hanging out in Water 7. Doubt she could make it back in time for this arc.

NSESN

I think Luffy will not beat Big Mom but will beat the top sweet commander, maybe 2.It will be enough to make his bounty 1 billion.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

The genius in this is not specifically planning about BMs power or even BM herself being Lola's mom (this works without her being her daughter), no, the genius is leaving breadcrumbs leading to something that could be fucking anything and then in the future remembering that shit and tieing perfectly into the current plot and the overall series. It's just perfect, and it's not the first time.

People have been talking about Lola being big mom's daughter since the day Nami was given that card. It's likely Oda planned it way back then.

Ray Down

Banned
Yeaaaaa these yonkous top executives are making the strawhats look like scrubs at least bounty wise. I saw that shit I was like...o no

Well bounties aren't hugely an indication on strength, just how much you are a hassle/annoyance on the WG.

The only thing we know is that he would beat Sanji and is probably a better trainer the Ash.

Well bounties aren't hugely an indication on strength, just how much you are a hassle/annoyance on the WG.

The only thing we know is that he would beat Sanji and is probably a better trainer the Ash.
Hey I said bounty wise. And stay salty Ray sanji will be taking out his father and an executive.

Don't mention ash to me

Ray Down

Banned
Hey I said bounty wise. And stay salty Ray sanji will be taking out his father and an executive.

Don't mention ash to me

With the help of his future wife by his side, I honestly wonder if Pudding has a devil fruit?

All the son and daughters of BM seemingly do so I wonder if she does.

Is ash dead too you after another choke after believing in him?

bjork

I'm not sure that this specific case is exactly exciting compared to some of the past times, though.

"Chopper, you keep saying things like the 'world inside the mirror' but there is no such thing as a world inside a mirror."

I guess it's all cool since they got Fugo there to keep them company.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search

Eh. This one wasn't so impressive. It was obvious what he was setting to from day 1. It wasn't even the most impressive set up during those chapters: Luffy getting Captain Jack's Map/Braclet had a way better pay off in the end.

cntr

Banned
The impressive part isn't that Lola was Big Mom's daughter, the impressive bit was how the vivre card and Nightmare Luffy tied into Big Mom's power.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
She has one I'm positive.

What's a ash

jUSZ8Eq.png

What's impressive in this chapter isn't that Lola is Big Mom's daughter (this was obvious) but the fact that the Vivre Card is what's keeping Nami from harm.

RomanceDawn

Nami's been pulling that old trick since East Blue and seeing my friends and family do it in real life so much it's just like yeah I guess I would to if I could.

- That newspaper Aokiji is reading looks to hold some secrets. For Oda who usually adds in some detail within the small newspaper pictures its kind of strange how plain that photo is. Looks like a gray alien doesn't it? No way it is though. Almost look like a volcano with a puff of smoke in one of the other photos.

- Aokiji probably has to be careful who he is seen with but I wonder if that winter island has any relation to Shanks and one his favorite islands?

- If the translation if correct then Oda went out of his way to let us know that what was used to wither the trees was not Haki at all. I don't know. For the first time ever I don't buy it. Looks like its CoC applied one way or another. Certainly doesn't seem to be related to Cracker's fruit.

- Ha, Randolph and that crane. Randolph is a jerk, lol.

- Luffy getting excited for King Baum is great. Those little touches just make Luffy so lovable. Remember when people were upset Luffy didn't come back from the time skip as all hard boiled and serious business?

- Big Mom wanting that military force as well as the science and technology of the Germa's is expected. I wonder if there is more to what she wants specifically with their scientific achievements?

- Last chapter I assumed Pound was Cracker's father because of the physical similarities and now it could be true. At least Cracker himself doesn't disregard the possibility.

- Hope to see some good hits from this fight but at this point I think it's too early to be conclusive.

I'd say Lola would show up in this arc, but last we saw her was in a cover page early on in the timeskip where she was hanging out in Water 7. Doubt she could make it back in time for this arc.

Not necessarily. When that news paper came out and we saw the Rolling Pirates they were only at Water 7. Presumedly they went backwards for 2 years through Paradise and have now made their way back. Water 7 is only 1 stop away from Saboady where the crew had set sail only that same day. So with the crew staying a day or so at Fishman Island, a day at Punk Hazard, many days at Dressrosa and all that time sailing to Zou I would imagine that Lola and her group could already be at Totland waiting. Chances are they aren't but they very well could be on their way to be ready for that Tea Party especially with no detours.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
"Chopper, you keep saying things like the 'world inside the mirror' but there is no such thing as a world inside a mirror."

I guess it's all cool since they got Fugo there to keep them company.

"This place doesn't seem so ba- OH MY GOD THEY SPELL TRASH BACKWARDS!"

cntr

Banned
Wait huh?
Shadow mechanics are like Big Mom's soul mechanics, you put Big Mom's souls into objects to give them life, and you put shadows into people to give them power.

Since Lola's Big Mom's daughter, it makes total sense for her to figure that out.

Ray Down

Banned
Wonder what makes BM soul being in the vivre card means for it compared to others.

Or maybe the hommies think Nami is one of BM daughters.

So the commander has the 2nd highest bounty in the series right now. His power doesn't seem very special but who knows what he can do with it.

It's weird that Big Mom's vivre card makes the Homies back off but I'm guessing it's just tied to the spiritual power the person for the card has.

How does a power that literally gives him more limbs when hit not seem very special?

marmoka

Banned
So the trees didn't attack Nami, because of the Vivre Card? Gosh! I thought the word "mom's soul" referred to something completely different about Nami:

We don't know who her parents are, she was found by Nojiko when she was a baby, and adopted by Bellemere. We don't know anything about her biological parents. Could it be, that when they felt mom's soul in Nami, the possibility of Big Mom being the biological mother of Nami? This is no joke, I'm talking seriously.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So the trees didn't attack Nami, because of the Vivre Card? Gosh! I thought the word "mom's soul" referred to something completely different about Nami:

We don't know who her parents are, she was found by Nojiko when she was a baby, and adopted by Bellemere. We don't know anything about her biological parents. Could it be, that when they felt mom's soul in Nami, the possibility of Big Mom being the biological mother of Nami? This is no joke, I'm talking seriously.

No, it's the vivre card. You're overthinking it.

marmoka

Banned
No, it's the vivre card. You're overthinking it.

Shame, I thought this would become something hilarious. Just like in Mexican melodramas where a man's young lover happens to be his daughter. I don't think Oda likes to work with this kind of stuff, but in One Piece, you never know...

cntr

Banned
Let's assume it's just the vivre card because otherwise oh god the Big Mom is [character]'s mom theories nooooooo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom