• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nami: Luffy don't go all out

Luffy:don't go all out? I don't know any other way...

QONVIyz.gif

Syntsui

So just now the homies are ''afraid'' of Nami and sensing Big Mom's power from the Vivre Card?

That means her titties are powerful enough to suppress Mama's power. Nami is OP as fuck.

So the trees didn't attack Nami, because of the Vivre Card? Gosh! I thought the word "mom's soul" referred to something completely different about Nami:

We don't know who her parents are, she was found by Nojiko when she was a baby, and adopted by Bellemere. We don't know anything about her biological parents. Could it be, that when they felt mom's soul in Nami, the possibility of Big Mom being the biological mother of Nami? This is no joke, I'm talking seriously.

It certainly is not impossible, but why would a baby daughter of a Yonkou be doing there, in that war scenario, far away from the Grand Line and Whole Cake Island? Wouldn't Linlin protect her? Bellemere didn't seem to be fighting a Yonkou, but it was some civil war scenario.

Anyway, it seems that Lola considers her a sister, so she could be adopted, lol (no chance)

Bandini

Coby will never be on Luffy's level, but he'll clearly be important.

He'll probably lead a more tangible change in the world of One Piece than Luffy.

Coby is gonna be the man. I bet he's already surpassed Smoker by far. In a series that's all about passing on things to the next generation, he's the one that Garp saw fit to entrust the future to.

In six months, pretty much by himself, he went from an absolute zero to a formidable fighter. Since then, he's had two full years under the Iron Fist himself. He's going to surprise a lot of people.

The dude is the heart and soul of the Marines. It's going to be so awesome when he shows up again.

smurfx

get some go again
Oda had "something" planned since Thriller Bark. This fucking guy.

The genius in this is not specifically planning about BMs power or even BM herself being Lola's mom (this works without her being her daughter), no, the genius is leaving breadcrumbs leading to something that could be fucking anything and then in the future remembering that shit and tieing perfectly into the current plot and the overall series. It's just perfect, and it's not the first time.

I mean HHHHHNNNNNGGGGG fucking Oda. Man.
lol this is not impressive. everybody was guessing lola was big mom's daughter. if anything people were going against this notion because it seemed too obvious. anyway this is the first time i'm not really interested in one piece from week to week. i'm not really digging any of the big mom pirate members. hopefully once they get out of the forrest they will run into more interesting people.

So,if I'm looking at it right, Cracker's ability is basically the same as Robin's, except he can only sprout his limbs from his own body.
And I'm going to trust Luffy and assume that what Cracker used to shrivel up the tress out of pure fear wasn't haki.

In fact, I think it's the same powerful "killing intent" that Zoro has used numerous times before, but on a more powerful level.

I thought this chapter was okay. It's mainly setup for Luffy vs Cracker and more exposition from BM's family.

ryan13ts

Well, we finally got confirmation on what we all knew for years, so that's pretty cool. The fact that BM's soul is in the vivre card is interesting as well, along with the fact that Nami's tits can subdue it's effects when it's buried in there. They also hinted that Big Mom doesn't give "birth" to her kids the normal way, which is kind of a relief because I don't want to imagine her popping out 100+ kids the old fashion way.

It's also weird in retrospect that Lola is so weak compared to the majority of her brothers/sisters, who look like they could have taken Moria out on their own. You'd think being one of Big Mom's kids and being raised in the NW would automatically make you stupid strong.

cntr

Banned
I hope Cracker gets punched by Luffy enough to grow a thousand arms
and it turns out he can fight just as well with them

Big One

Banned
Man the more I read this arc, the more I have a feeling we're really go to have a twist to where Big Mom is forced to team up with Luffy.

I have a strange feeling Vinsmoke Judge is going to betray Big Mom somehow or another and will result in the wedding becoming a bust for Big Mom. Liek couldn't you imagine Judge doing that, then all of a sudden Cipher Pol shows up and is there to pick up Sanji at Judge's orders? Remember Judge is considered to be a noble, so he likely holds the same power as the Celestial Dragons do in the world which is implied to even be above the Gorosei. That way we get our little confrontation between Luffy and Lucci, but as well as Luffy allying himself with someone that can genuinely help him take down Kaidou. Cause I really do not see how the combine efforts of Luffy, Law, Kidd, or whatever will do it. If Kaidou is truly immortal I could picture Big Mom being his weakness in that she can just pretty much kill him by removing his life energy from his body.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Man the more I read this arc, the more I have a feeling we're really go to have a twist to where Big Mom is forced to team up with Luffy.

I have a strange feeling Vinsmoke Judge is going to betray Big Mom somehow or another and will result in the wedding becoming a bust for Big Mom. Liek couldn't you imagine Judge doing that, then all of a sudden Cipher Pol shows up and is there to pick up Sanji at Judge's orders? Remember Judge is considered to be a noble, so he likely holds the same power as the Celestial Dragons do in the world which is implied to even be above the Gorosei. That way we get our little confrontation between Luffy and Lucci, but as well as Luffy allying himself with someone that can genuinely help him take down Kaidou. Cause I really do not see how the combine efforts of Luffy, Law, Kidd, or whatever will do it. If Kaidou is truly immortal I could picture Big Mom being his weakness in that she can just pretty much kill him by removing his life energy from his body.

Honestly, if there's a big twist I think it's going to be that Luffy doesn't actually fight and/or beat Big Mom this arc. So far he's really got no reason to defeat her, beating her solves absolutely 0 problems. Luffy and co have got to get Sanji back (steal the key to the cuffs) and get a rubbing of the ponyglyph. Outside of that they could maybe help Sugar. If anything the Germa is definitely going down this arc, outside of that we don't know what else is going on.

Though, judging from Lola's dad appearing we might get a reason for Luffy to beat Big Mom. So far we've got no reason for them to team-up though, if anything we've seen reasons they wouldn't.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Honestly, if there's a big twist I think it's going to be that Luffy doesn't actually fight and/or beat Big Mom this arc. So far he's really got no reason to defeat her, beating her solves absolutely 0 problems. Luffy and co have got to get Sanji back (steal the key to the cuffs) and get a rubbing of the ponyglyph. Outside of that they could maybe help Sugar. If anything the Germa is definitely going down this arc, outside of that we don't know what else is going on.

Though, judging from Lola's dad appearing we might get a reason for Luffy to beat Big Mom. So far we've got no reason for them to team-up though, if anything we've seen reasons they wouldn't.

You mean Pudding right?

cntr

Banned
Luffy can't beat her now, anyway. It'd be ludicrous if he did. But I'm betting he shits Big Mom's island up, Impel Down-style.

Metal B

So,if I'm looking at it right, Cracker's ability is basically the same as Robin's, except he can only sprout his limbs from his own body.
And I'm going to trust Luffy and assume that what Cracker used to shrivel up the tress out of pure fear wasn't haki. .
I could see the difference between his ability and Robins, are the non-sharing of damage. Cracker could be able to sacrifice any limb as long as one stays healthy. This would give the ability more offensive possibilities by comparison to Robin, who has always be careful to not get hurt with her multiple body parts. In return Robin can generate more variation and create them on any surface.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Luffy promoting the 2020 Tokyo Summer Olympics:
qohCvazl.jpg

Amazing how Jibanyan & Yo-kai Watch are only 3 years old and they're up there with legends like Astro Boy, Shin-chan, Sailor Moon, Son Goku, Luffy and Naruto
And I guess a couple girls from Precure. I don't really know that series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom