• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
*Hyperventilates*

Nocebo

Here are full spoilers so you don't have to look around

Chapter title is "Iron Mask".

Judge and Vegapunk used to be illegal researchers. Vegapunk got arrested since he found blueprint of life (DNA?).

Judge managed to run away and continued researching.

Ichiji and Niji appear. Sanji kicks Niji in his face, but Niji says.
"Stealth" , appears from behind and beats Sanji wit electric attack.

Ichiji says he is going to confirm their hierarchy and calls Sanji clunker.

Flashback starts. Judge says that now that he gave his sons talent they should train hard.

Judge is worried why only Sanji is weak. According to doctor, Ichiji,
Niji and Yonji developed their exoskeletons greatly, but Sanji is just a
human. Judge is disappointed.

Judge tells Germa66 soldiers that Sanji suffered a shipwreck.
Sanji gets imprisoned with iron mask. He can't even eat and asks for help.

Judge says that Sanji is not supposed to be born.
Sanji sheds tears and apologizes again and again to Judge.

Chapter title is interesting, reminds me of duval
This translation seems a bit off.

Xux

Oh yeah. I got a WSJ sub so I guess this is the time of the week to avoid this thread until Monday.

Metal B

So Sanji is the man in the iron mask. This explains his hate for his family even more. Since they are all genetic engineered, i wonder, if they actually have a mother ...

His sister is of course actually more kind then her bothers.

Sounds amazing..
except sanji getting beat yet again
He is again blackmailed into losing.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Wow. These guys are horrible.

Seems like the mother was a cook and has been dead for some time already when the flashback begins.

Kain

Can't wait until Sanji has a clear road to kick his brothers faces in

It was all there. Iron Mask Duval was foreshadowing. GODA.

wait what? Duval was comic relief and he happened to have a mask on most of the time, but I don't think there is any other relevance to this. Sanji's story seems a homage to the man with the iron mask. Now we'll learn how he scaped and made his way to East blue it was?

Deadly

Waiting until the blackmail is gone and Sanji can show these guys he's much more powerful than them.

Yeah goddamn it'll be a satisfying moment. Unfortunately I don't see the arc ending anytime soon so it's going to be quite awhile until it happens :(

Interesting that Vegapunk was arrested. Probably means the World Government is forcing him to work for them, rather than an alliance by choice. Which brings up a lot of possibilities down the line

kurahador

Damn. So like Water 7, Big Mom will be the 1st round for Straw Hat while Vinsmoke will be the true fight, featuring everyone which hopefully includes Zoro.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Definitely adds more wait to the Kuma and Vegapunk revolutionary theory.
The interesting things are how 1. Vegapunk helped Kuma protect the Sunny, and 2. The government didn't seem to care that Vegapunk did it, or that Kuma spent the better part of 2 years protecting one of the worst generation's ships on an island right next door to Mariejois, and 3. How Kuma has allowed himself to be experimented on.

It's like both the navy and the Revolutionaries are playing a chess game but have agreed that both black and white can use the kuma game piece on the board.

That, or both kuma and Vegapunk are moles, with Vegapunk passing off the sabaody thing as a personal gift from him to Kuma.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Goddamn Sanji....feel sorry for him. His silbings are no joke - some amazing fight about to happen.

Also Vegapunk...cant believe we still havent seen that dude lol.

I don't think sanji can beat #1

Alone ? No way...with help of his sister though.

Reading this chapter like
tumblr_inline_o1d7fqTP9m1tpgdtc_500.gif

Oda don't do this too me! End this blackmail some time soon. This just further cements what I said anybody but sanji kicking these guys asses would be a disservice. And u told you guys Reiju was good

The interesting things are how 1. Vegapunk helped Kuma protect the Sunny, and 2. The government didn't seem to care that Vegapunk did it, or that Kuma spent the better part of 2 years protecting one of the worst generation's ships on an island right next door to Mariejois, and 3. How Kuma has allowed himself to be experimented on.

It's like both the navy and the Revolutionaries are playing a chess game but have agreed that both black and white can use the kuma game piece on the board.

That, or both kuma and Vegapunk are moles, with Vegapunk passing off the sabaody thing as a personal gift from him to Kuma.
Yeah, that sounds awesome. Vegapunk playing the long game and Luffy coming in to fuck it up. Would be priceless.
Reading this chapter like
tumblr_inline_o1d7fqTP9m1tpgdtc_500.gif

Oda don't do this too me! End this blackmail some time soon. This just further cements what I said anybody but sanji kicking these guys asses would be a disservice. And u told you guys Reiju was good

I love how we finally (almost) have an explanation of Sanji's fire thing. It seems like the Vinsmoke lads can emit elemental things like how Niji emitted electricity. If that's the case, Ichiji is no.1, right? Assuming he's the strongest, his nickname is "Sparking Red" so can he also emit fire? Does this mean Sanji has the strongest power!?!?

FUUUUCK THE BUILD UP!!!

Reiju is totally the one who set him free as kids I'm calling it. Also guess she is the strongest like most seem to think at least that's what it seems like she was always first in the tests.

Also can we take the time to recognize the scum that are the vinsmokes..they had a national fake!! funeral for their family member

SolVanderlyn

Reiju is good. Everyone REJOICE !
Ehhh sort of. She's not evil like the three brothers but she's not exactly "good" either

I don't trust Reiju yet. I still think there's some level of deceit there.

Holy hell. I didn't expect Judge and freaking Vegapunk to be connected in all of this. It's finally confirmed that the sibling are genetically-modified.
Oda might be opening the door for Sanji to get even stronger.

And while the iron mask is a reference to the Man in the Iron Mask, it might be partial related to Duval and maybe it's another reason Sanji was irritated with him.
A guy in an iron mask has a similar face to Sanji that reminds him of his childhood.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Whew, quite the chapter. Poor Sanji, he went through hell. Going through all that, escaping, and almost starving to death but saved thankfully by Zeff. No wonder he looks up to him so much. It's becoming clearer.
The "outer armor" line does explain why Sanji's attacks did nothing to his brothers. Now that he's much stronger, they can. Of course, the Vinsmokes keep putting up obstacles to keep him from winning. Judge used the soldiers as a shield, Niji reminded him of Zeff, and of course the bracelets that would blow his hands up. Once all that's clear, Sanji is going to wreck them.

The Vegapunk line is the most interesting though. This seems to confirm that he's not working with the WG by choice, but as part of his sentence. His mind is just too valuable for the WG to send him to Impel Down, so like when the FBI arrests an extremely skilled hacker, they employ them rather than put them away. Vegapunk's debut is going to be big, I can feel it. Having been hinted at all the way back in Water 7.

Lunar15

I trust Reiju because she's a pretty girl. All the pretty girls turn out good in one way or another. Same reason betting that Pudding will be really strong is a bad bet. Oda's really predictable here.

daveo42

Banned
Damn...Sanji with one of the darker childhoods out of the entire crew. I also find it funny that no one is even looking at his academic aptitude over his physical prowess. I guess strategy doesn't really matter when you can just send wave after wave of clones at your problems on top of your super human children.

Can't wait until Sanji has a clear road to kick his brothers faces in

wait what? Duval was comic relief and he happened to have a mask on most of the time, but I don't think there is any other relevance to this. Sanji's story seems a homage to the man with the iron mask. Now we'll learn how he scaped and made his way to East blue it was?

If the sister is actually the redeemable sibling, then she'll be the one to get him out of his cell and on his way to East Blue.

daveo42

Banned
Usopp had two parents, we saw both of them.

I think it's better to look at how involved their parents are/were in their lives as oppsed to just being shown. Usopp only had his mom (deceased) because Yasopp was travelling with Shanks and she even died very early on. He was technically an orphan at that point.

It seems like most of the mothers in One Piece die well before their spouses or both are killed/die very early on. There are exceptions, but it seems like the father still being alive but not around is the general rule.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I think it's better to look at how involved their parents are/were in their lives as oppsed to just being shown. Usopp only had his mom (deceased) because Yasopp was travelling with Shanks and she even died very early on. He was technically an orphan at that point.

It seems like most of the mothers in One Piece die well before their spouses or both are killed/die very early on. There are exceptions, but it seems like the father still being alive but not around is the general rule.

It's like Oda said:
The opposite of "adventure" is "mother"

Fucking hell this blackmail is getting to me lol. He can win if it wasn't for that or at least that's what oda keeps showing. Is that just the sanji fan in me or is everyone else getting that vibe too

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
It's like Oda said:

There have been some very cynical readings of that quote, but taken on its face there is a pretty stark contrast between "staying within the bosom of your family" and "leaving the nest to explore the world." It's a fair comparison if you look beyond a rote "moms suck" reading.

Fucking hell this blackmail is getting to me lol. He can win if it wasn't for that or at least that's what oda keeps showing. Is that just the sanji fan in me or is everyone else getting that vibe too

That's the vibe I get, yeah. I kind of want Sanji to hit them with a "look at you cowards hiding behind blackmail, you're afraid I'm too strong for you." But I already know the retort, "the babbling of a peasant, influence is the true strength of royalty."

daveo42

Banned
It's like Oda said:

Didn't know this, but it does make some sense. "Nature vs Nurture" or the trope that mother's want to protect their children without letting them learn from their own experiences.

That would be monumental and would be a great contrast to what they think of him but come on if someone else on the crew gets it it'll be zoro

Sanji is actually in a prime spot for it as the weakest member of his family showing his superiority over the "genetically better" siblings, even if Zoro has already shown he has potential to use conqueror's haki. The only real alternative is Sanji using that calculating brain of his to outsmart the entire family. He is the crew's strategist.

Sanji's going to get a limiter breaking powerup. I can feel it. His monster trio spot will be cemented after this. Might even pass Zoro as number 2

I trust Reiju because she's a pretty girl. All the pretty girls turn out good in one way or another. Same reason betting that Pudding will be really strong is a bad bet. Oda's really predictable here.

He's predictable because in the narrative you've constructed he's predictable. Right...You can't fault an author for something you think he's going to do

TheFlow

Banned
Sanji's going to get a limiter breaking powerup. I can feel it. His monster trio spot will be cemented after this. Might even pass Zoro as number 2

I think it is still possible his germa genes are dormant and he in fact may be enhanced.

Sanji needs the power up though, enemies are only getting stronger. If the man cracks his leg one more time.. so help me

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Well they said he got the same genetic manipulation done to him as his siblings, it just never manifested for some reason. It'd be great if somehow this arc "unlocked" his latent potential.

Kreed

One Piece 840:

Not much to say on the chapter overall, but I did find it interesting that Sanji's father used to work with Vegapunk, mostly because of who Sanji's father is and if Sanji's father's traits indicate what Vegapunk may be like by association. Personality wise, since Vegapunks' reveal I always figured he'd be an "evil" scientist in regards to having little to no moral code, and Sanji's father is following that line of thinking. But in addition to that, Sanji's father being a strong fighter could indicate that Vegapunk will be even stronger, vs my imagining someone who relies mainly on gadgets and tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom