• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since chapter 1 of the manga.
Thats a leap. He respect,admires and looks up to him. Just because they're cool doesn't mean they wont throw down. He told shanks he'd gather a Greater crew than his. Either he proves that with a fight or his crew beats the enemies Shanks crew Couldn't(Blackbeards going to kill them)

smurfx

get some go again
something big is going to go down at the wedding ceremony. that is the only way for things to work out in luffy's favor. either the vinsmokes betray big mom or some other force decides to attack big mom before she can acquire the vinsmoke army. although the only ones powerful enough for that would be the emperors or the marines. i don't think shanks or kaidou would be too interested in attacking big mom at the moment so that only leaves blackbeard and the marines. blackbeard might do it just so big mom doesn't get stronger by controlling the vinsmoke army.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
lu6scz7.png

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
something big is going to go down at the wedding ceremony. that is the only way for things to work out in luffy's favor. either the vinsmokes betray big mom or some other force decides to attack big mom before she can acquire the vinsmoke army. although the only ones powerful enough for that would be the emperors or the marines. i don't think shanks or kaidou would be too interested in attacking big mom at the moment so that only leaves blackbeard and the marines. blackbeard might do it just so big mom doesn't get stronger by controlling the vinsmoke army.

Blackbeard is attacking Dragon right now. Don't forget that Luffy still has allies on the island he hasn't met up with yet. Odds are we'll get a better view of how they make it out in the coming weeks.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Blackbeard is attacking Dragon right now. Don't forget that Luffy still has allies on the island he hasn't met up with yet. Odds are we'll get a better view of how they make it out in the coming weeks.

Now? I thought the revolutionary HQ was destroyed

HOLY CRAP! I was not expecting the poneglyph bombshell info drop in this chapter.
30 Poneglyphs in total
9 RIO PONEGLYPHS?? (Seems like a dent in the One Piece=Rio Poneglyph theory)
4 Road Poneglyphs

So what role do the other 17 poneglyphs play? This is so exciting.

I agree with the others that Big Mom's crew is awesome. So many interesting and diverse designs and powers.

Mont D'Or's ability seems really broken. Like JoJo's Bizarre Adventure broken.
Amande's sword is one of the MEITOU! Fuuuuu....I wish Zoro was in this arc.
After Cavendish, that makes two famous swords we've seen in the New World so far, correct?

WHAT MOXY!!!

Stalker Bunny is watching you, Luffy.

Solid chapter. Surprised that Oda let Luffy get taken out but it makes sense given the exhausted state he was in. Big Mom continues to have one of the coolest looking crews in One Piece. Smoothie seems to be able to squeeze the "juice" from people almost like Crocodile can absorb a person's water. I'm surprised Big Mom was so agreeable in letting the Straw Hats off although it could always be another ploy. Pedro being a pirate is interesting and it seems we're about to see more from him and Brook.

I think people are still forgetting the bomb that was sent from Fishman Island to Big Mom. I have no doubt that it will be the thing to disrupt the wedding and set off a chain of crazy events.

We're going deeper down the rabbit hole of Wonderland.

Big Moms hat mimicking her facial expressions is just adorable.

That's honestly one of my favorite details of late in the manga. Big Mom's whole character is just so expressive visually.

Big Mom has a disease, so it isn't really her fault she goes on a rampage because she's hungry.
IIRC "disease" was a mistranslation, she has an issue that makes her go crazy and it's not exactly explained why. It could be just extreme greediness or a mental disorder but I don't think Oda wants us to sympathize or to not blame her, she doesn't show any sign of regret after destroying the city or killing her son, after she goes back to normal. In any case, she uses her children and crew members like tools for her goals and that's the thing Luffy despises the most. She is also behind Zeff and the handcuffs, the Vinsmokes are just using it as Big Mom suggested. I'm kinda skeptical about her playing nice, like Brulee said, she was toying with them in the seducing woods, just giving false hopes so to crush their hope later, she is really clever and sadistic. There is also the issue of Fishman Island, Luffy said he would "free" the island from her, so I think he will be the protector sooner or later. That said, she could become an ally but that would make Luffy revise his morals and his "pirate way" due to these desperate times.

sasuke_91

Now that we see all these high bounties, does anyone else think that Ace's bounty was revealed a little too early and is a little too low? Back then it seemed to me that the big shots were in the same bounty-range as him, but it seems as if his bounty wasn't even that high.
He was relatively new to White Beard's crew and he didn't wreck shit like other pirates did (and still do), but he was important enough to have a public execution in one of the most highly guarded prisons in the entire world where he was kept in the lowest area. This attempt also brought on a whole war with Whitebeard's crew and his allies, but to the marines he was only worth a little over 500 Mio? Am I missing something?

Oh, and by the way, nice chapter. Luffy losing is something I was kind of looking forward to. It shows that he is not as invincible as it seems sometimes. Big Mom's crew is also cool and her hat is very charming :D

Dugna

Now that we see all these high bounties, does anyone else think that Ace's bounty was revealed a little too early and is a little too low? Back then it seemed to me that the big shots were in the same bounty-range as him, but it seems as if his bounty wasn't even that high.
He was relatively new to White Beard's crew and he didn't wreck shit like other pirates did (and still do), but he was important enough to have a public execution in one of the most highly guarded prisons in the entire world where he was kept in the lowest area. This attempt also brought on a whole war with Whitebeard's crew and his allies, but to the marines he was only worth a little over 500 Mio? Am I missing something?

Oh, and by the way, nice chapter. Luffy losing is something I was kind of looking forward to. It shows that he is not as invincible as it seems sometimes. Big Mom's crew is also cool and her hat is very charming :D

Bounties don't = actual strength in one piece....Ace with the devil fruit had the potential to reach very high lvls and was a quickly rising star, if he lived for the time skip his bounty would be outrageous also.

Principate

Saint Titanfall

Actually it makes perfect sense, as is obvious by now he wasn't actually that strong even within the WB crew, the special privledges was because he was a WB commander and most importantly Rogers son a fact that wasn't taken into account when he was given that bounty. He had plenty of room to grow like Shanks implied but his importance was mostly who he knew and whose son he was

Squishy3

You have to remember like 3 years have passed since the beginning of the story, with how much Luffy's bounty skyrocketed everybody else's would have been going up along with him, just unknowingly because the characters had never been introduced

Bounties don't even make a whole lot of sense anymore tbh.We've never seen an active bounty hunter that would be even close to claiming a bounty of 932m. Nobody out there that we know of can even claim these bounties.

At this point unless Mihawk turns out to be a bounty hunter, there are only a handful of single people who would be capable of bringing it in and all of them are Admirals, Shichibukai or in Yonkou crews

Bounties don't even make a whole lot of sense anymore tbh.We've never seen an active bounty hunter that would be even close to claiming a bounty of 932m. Nobody out there that we know of can even claim these bounties.

At this point unless Mihawk turns out to be a bounty hunter, there are only a handful of single people who would be capable of bringing it in and all of them are Admirals, Shichibukai or in Yonkou crews

I imagine Marines can still claim bounties

Most bounty hunters just go after the small fish and it makes sense.
30-50 million berries is enough to keep someone living in the lap of luxury for life.
Even if they didn't care about the money, they wouldn't really be bounty hunters anymore.

Trying to get the bounty of a Emperor commander is a lot more trouble than its worth because then they would be targeted by an Emperor.

sasuke_91

Bounties don't = actual strength in one piece....Ace with the devil fruit had the potential to reach very high lvls and was a quickly rising star, if he lived for the time skip his bounty would be outrageous also.

I know that bounties don't equal strength, but I thought that Ace was someone the marines wanted to get rid of a lot more. You're right about his potential and the pre time-skip thing. He probably didn't have the time to really "shake up the world".

Actually it makes perfect sense, as is obvious by now he wasn't actually that strong even within the WB crew, the special privledges was because he was a WB commander and most importantly Rogers son a fact that wasn't taken into account when he was given that bounty. He had plenty of room to grow like Shanks implied but his importance was mostly who he knew and whose son he was

I'm not sure what rank he was in WB's crew if we went by strength, but he always "seemed" strong. When he fought Blackbeard before being captured I thought he was a pretty big deal. That's just my perception though.

You have to remember like 3 years have passed since the beginning of the story, with how much Luffy's bounty skyrocketed everybody else's would have been going up along with him, just unknowingly because the characters had never been introduced

Ace became a pirate long before Luffy set out and he was already a commander in WB's crew. I get where you're coming from though, especially if you consider the events that occured since the war ended.

Most bounty hunters just go after the small fish and it makes sense.
30-50 million berries is enough to keep someone living in the lap of luxury for life.
Even if they didn't care about the money, they wouldn't really be bounty hunters anymore.

Trying to get the bounty of a Emperor commander is a lot more trouble than its worth because then they would be targeted by an Emperor.

Yeah I understand that, but then I don't understand why bounties get so high when theres nobody to claim them. They're supposed to be threat levels essentially, but why not just have a threat level system and mark Luffy and Law an S, Cracker and Jack an SS and Dragon and Blackbeard an SSS?

Its just a little nitpick but bounties aren't ever claimed as far as we know

Veelk

Banned
I still say that any group of bounty hunters hunting even moderately priced pirates would quickly bankrupt the marines since they're basically giving away fortunes every time some punk harasses grandma in the street. If across the seas, bounty hunters rounded up a mere 100 pirates with an average of 30 million (Luffy's starting bounty into the GL), that's 3 billion lost on 100 shit tier pirates that any marine with a name could probably take out. But given the large population, that should easily be in the thousands if not hundreds of thousands, so the actual pricing might reach the trillions, even if it's mostly low level pirates as long as their bounty reaches 1 million, which is pathetically easy. Even Higuma....fucking HIGUMA!...had a bounty of 8 million. I don't care how much of a fortune they have amassed, even as a ruling class, this kind of financing would be a kick in the dick to the WG.

OP's economics utterly shatter my suspension of disbelief for this otherwise grounded and realistic manga.

Big One

Banned
IIRC "disease" was a mistranslation, she has an issue that makes her go crazy and it's not exactly explained why. It could be just extreme greediness or a mental disorder but I don't think Oda wants us to sympathize or to not blame her, she doesn't show any sign of regret after destroying the city or killing her son, after she goes back to normal. In any case, she uses her children and crew members like tools for her goals and that's the thing Luffy despises the most. She is also behind Zeff and the handcuffs, the Vinsmokes are just using it as Big Mom suggested. I'm kinda skeptical about her playing nice, like Brulee said, she was toying with them in the seducing woods, just giving false hopes so to crush their hope later, she is really clever and sadistic. There is also the issue of Fishman Island, Luffy said he would "free" the island from her, so I think he will be the protector sooner or later. That said, she could become an ally but that would make Luffy revise his morals and his "pirate way" due to these desperate times.
"Disease" was not a mistranslation, though it could be more along the lines of "disorder." The reason why Big Mom acted like nothing had happened is because she retains no memory of her actions when she becomes enraged.

That's why sweets are so important to her and her subordinates, cause they keep Big Mom sane. In exchange they get protection as well as an utopian society with no discrimination and no oppressive rulership like the World Government provides. Yes she has to teach the islands that don't provide those ingredients a lesson, but it's a cost to keep the land of Totland in shape as well as keep Big Mom's protection actually valuable. Just like in a real world a bank can foreclose your house for not paying up on the loan, Big Mom has her own form of upkeep that's sadly more violent.

In comparison the World Government literally slaughters and enslave nations for no real reason other than to save their reputation and cover up the truth they're afraid of leaking out.

Don't get me wrong it's far from ideal and perfect, and I'm sure her subordinates and citizens are fully aware of that, but it's not like any of them are forced to work with Big Mom. They're under Big Mom because they CHOSE to be with Big Mom, and that includes Fishman Island. Even in the Fishman Island arc when the fishmen were scared shitless after they learned that Luffy ate all of Big Mom's candies already knew there could be dire consequences for not keeping their upkeep. Basically, if they knew what they were signed up for, so would all of those other islands that got "punished" in that brief scene in this arc. Of course that scene made it seem like they're pillaging those islands, but remember Big Mom has always had a rhyme and reason for every action she does that makes some sort of logical sense, so I doubt those are just pillaging for the sake of pillaging.

As I said the Strawhats have wronged Big Mom much much more than Big Mom has wronged them. Let's look at what they've done...

- Ate all of Big Mom's candies which is produced to ease her eating disorder. (non-intentional)
- Sent her a bomb in a present. (non-intentional)
- Declared war against her and stole her territory of Fishman Island.
- Keeping Ceasar hostage despite Ceasar scamming her. When Big Mom got Ceasar back, she gave him a second chance KNOWING he's already screwed her over.
- Destroyed the Seducing Woods, defeated Cracker, defeated many soldiers in the Enraged Army despite the order of the later to capture them alive.

In comparison the only thing she's done is arrange a marriage between her daughter Pudding and Sanji, which was technically only invitational even though Capone forced Sanji to go with him.

Yes some of her children and subordinates are a bit twisted in the head, but I don't think that makes Big Mom overly evil. I really think this is a classic bait and switch situation kind of like how Franky was "supposed" to be the villain of Water 7 but it evolved into the CP9, which many people say this arc resembles.

sasuke_91

Wait do we even know the currency's worth? I can't remember an instant where we're told how much food and other stuff costs in One Piece. Just swords and ships and stuff.
Didn't repairs for the Flying Merry cost something like 300.000.00 Berry?

Veelk

Banned
Wait do we even know the currency's worth? I can't remember an instant where we're told how much food and other stuff costs in One Piece. Just swords and ships and stuff.

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Belly#Known_Prices

So basic food like a cabbage loaf is 150 belly. And "When Oda discussed the Doskoi Panda brand, he mentioned that the line was very expensive. With this in mind, to properly put the currency's value in a real world context, a Beli10,000 shirt is expensive to the people of the One Piece world."

Sources are listed too, so it's not like it's speculation. So it seems like it's roughly the equivalent of yen, which makes a cabbage loaf about $1.36, which is a reasonable price. A 10K belly shirt would be a $90 shirt, which is an expensive shirt like Oda claims.

So anyone turning in a 30 million bounty would essentially be getting $272,170, if we follow the Yen conversion. 100 shit tier pirates would be nearly 30 million dollars. A couple thousand from several hundred bounty hunter groups....yeah.

The most expensive things we have seen are Black Market stuff like Adam's Wood, Devil Fruits and demihuman slaves. I recall the World Gov't offering 5,000,000,000 for the Ope-Ope no Mi. As far as I know its pretty much just Yen. Nobles seem to have nearly infinite money and will drop millions in the blink of an eye.

Which would still ruin the economy. Inflation lol

The most expensive things we have seen are Black Market stuff like Adam's Wood, Devil Fruits and demihuman slaves. I recall the World Gov't offering 5,000,000,000 for the Ope-Ope no Mi. As far as I know its pretty much just Yen. Nobles seem to have nearly infinite money and will drop millions in the blink of an eye.

sasuke_91

Yep seems about right. So just divide the amount by 100 and you can tell it's not really any less.

So Dragon wants to destroy the World Government? He should just become a pirate hunter. Problem solved.

Yep seems about right. So just divide the amount by 100 and you can tell it's not really any less.

So Dragon wants to destroy the World Government? He should just become a pirate hunter. Problem solved.

Nah .
I mean the nobles who control the WG have been ruling the world for 800 years .
God know how much money , gold , etc etc they have .
Plus who knows how much money other countries give the WG , what they sell etc etc .

Lets look at it this way Japan budget was 800 billion plus for 2015 .
Luffy first bounty was high and that would be only 30k which is nothing .

"Disease" was not a mistranslation, though it could be more along the lines of "disorder." The reason why Big Mom acted like nothing had happened is because she retains no memory of her actions when she becomes enraged.

That's why sweets are so important to her and her subordinates, cause they keep Big Mom sane. In exchange they get protection as well as an utopian society with no discrimination and no oppressive rulership like the World Government provides. Yes she has to teach the islands that don't provide those ingredients a lesson, but it's a cost to keep the land of Totland in shape as well as keep Big Mom's protection actually valuable. Just like in a real world a bank can foreclose your house for not paying up on the loan, Big Mom has her own form of upkeep that's sadly more violent.

In comparison the World Government literally slaughters and enslave nations for no real reason other than to save their reputation and cover up the truth they're afraid of leaking out.

Don't get me wrong it's far from ideal and perfect, and I'm sure her subordinates and citizens are fully aware of that, but it's not like any of them are forced to work with Big Mom. They're under Big Mom because they CHOSE to be with Big Mom, and that includes Fishman Island. Even in the Fishman Island arc when the fishmen were scared shitless after they learned that Luffy ate all of Big Mom's candies already knew there could be dire consequences for not keeping their upkeep. Basically, if they knew what they were signed up for, so would all of those other islands that got "punished" in that brief scene in this arc. Of course that scene made it seem like they're pillaging those islands, but remember Big Mom has always had a rhyme and reason for every action she does that makes some sort of logical sense, so I doubt those are just pillaging for the sake of pillaging.

As I said the Strawhats have wronged Big Mom much much more than Big Mom has wronged them. Let's look at what they've done...

- Ate all of Big Mom's candies which is produced to ease her eating disorder. (non-intentional)
- Sent her a bomb in a present. (non-intentional)
- Declared war against her and stole her territory of Fishman Island.
- Keeping Ceasar hostage despite Ceasar scamming her. When Big Mom got Ceasar back, she gave him a second chance KNOWING he's already screwed her over.
- Destroyed the Seducing Woods, defeated Cracker, defeated many soldiers in the Enraged Army despite the order of the later to capture them alive.

In comparison the only thing she's done is arrange a marriage between her daughter Pudding and Sanji, which was technically only invitational even though Capone forced Sanji to go with him.

Yes some of her children and subordinates are a bit twisted in the head, but I don't think that makes Big Mom overly evil. I really think this is a classic bait and switch situation kind of like how Franky was "supposed" to be the villain of Water 7 but it evolved into the CP9, which many people say this arc resembles.
She retains no memory but certainly someone told her that Muscat was killed. She didn't bother to grief. When her children were saying that they would kill each other, she was fine, she even encouraged such behavior. She takes people souls in exchange of letting them stay in her territory, play a death roulette game if you decide to leave the crew... She is definitely a psycho, even if her actions are explained, that's what I'm trying to say. You provided a logic explanation for her actions and how the Strawhats wronged her and I agree with almost everything. But it doesn't change that she is villainous in my view. The way she rules her country and her family is the very opposite of freedom, which is one of the biggest goals of the manga and arguably Luffy's real dream. Hell, she uses fear as one of her biggest weapons, she aterrorizes her own people, her family and even her territories like Fishman Island. I don't think that's the kind of people Luffy would like to join. But, who knows, anything can happen and if that happens I hope Oda makes the proper build up.

Veelk

Banned
Nah .
I mean the nobles who control the WG have been ruling the world for 800 years .
God know how much money , gold , etc etc they have .
Plus who knows how much money other countries give the WG , what they sell etc etc .

Lets look at it this way Japan budget was 800 billion plus for 2015 .
Luffy first bounty was high and that would be only 30k which is nothing .

Luffy's first bounty would be 30 million in that example. And a mere 100 pirates that were similarly priced would be 3 billion. Besides, this isn't counting the hundreds of other expenses they'd need to tend to, on top of the millions their spoiled celestial dragons drop on a dime. Justifying a 3 billion deficit on a bunch of scrub pirates would be pretty hard to swallow for any government, and large bounty hunter organizations would bring in significantly more.

smurfx

get some go again
ace and the rest of the whitebeard pirates probably didn't have high bounties because they weren't ruthless killers like the pirates in big mom and kaido's crew. with that said if the world government had found out ace was rogers son while he was with the whitebeard pirates his bounty might have been the biggest in the world.

Luffy's first bounty would be 30 million in that example. And a mere 100 pirates that were similarly priced would be 3 billion. Besides, this isn't counting the hundreds of other expenses they'd need to tend to, on top of the millions their spoiled celestial dragons drop on a dime. Justifying a 3 billion deficit on a bunch of scrub pirates would be pretty hard to swallow for any government, and large bounty hunter organizations would bring in significantly more.

I covert the money to USD .
You also forgetting that nobles (not certain about WG) use slaves .
Also people with bounties so high are not scrubs that normal people can take out .

As i said who knows how much money other countries give them .
How much wealth they have a mass over 800 years you can be certain it won't be a little .

Veelk

Banned
I covert the money to USD .
You also forgetting that nobles (not certain about WG) use slaves .

Depends on what they use them for. For mass labor productions, slaves are very cost efficient. For more menial tasks like house cleaning, not so much. That's why it was the south that wanted to keep slavery alive, they're the ones who had the fields that were ideal for growing cotton, so the slave system being made illegal was far more costly to them than it was the north. But as far as I know, the celestial dragons mostly keep slaves around for amusement, so not even productive stuff, as far as I can tell, while pirates buy bought slaves to bolster their forces.

Depends on what they use them for. For mass labor productions, slaves are very cost efficient. For more menial tasks like house cleaning, not so much. That's why it was the south that wanted to keep slavery alive, they're the ones who had the fields that were ideal for growing cotton, so the slave system being made illegal was far more costly to them than it was the north. But as far as I know, the celestial dragons mostly keep slaves around for amusement, so not even productive stuff, as far as I can tell.

Well we know they have some making a bridge for over 100 plus years .
So chances are they use them for other stuff .
As for menial task it would depend on how they feed etc etc .
And knowing how they think about normal humans i sure they are ways you can make it really cheap .

Depends on what they use them for. For mass labor productions, slaves are very cost efficient. For more menial tasks like house cleaning, not so much. That's why it was the south that wanted to keep slavery alive, they're the ones who had the fields that were ideal for growing cotton, so the slave system being made illegal was far more costly to them than it was the north. But as far as I know, the celestial dragons mostly keep slaves around for amusement, so not even productive stuff, as far as I can tell, while pirates buy bought slaves to bolster their forces.

Slavery was different in different regimes. In ancient greece and rome slaves there were plenty of slaves in jobs we would say were professional salary jobs today. Gladiators were slaves.

Veelk

Banned
Slavery was different in different regimes. In ancient greece and rome slaves there were plenty of slaves in jobs we would say were professional salary jobs today. Gladiators were slaves.

Sure, but gladiator's still brought in money. People paid to see them fight in droves. They were basically sporting events.

I don't see what profit OP's slaves are generating. Most of them are for sadism. Hancock and her sisters were given fucking devil fruits as part of their torture (which I still find a bizarre kind of sadism. "Hey, wouldn't suck if we gave the slaves we mistreat superpowers lol"), some were sold for the sake of attraction, but that's it. Even the bridge their building isn't going to be good for anything until it's made and they've been at that for 100 years.

OP slaves just seem like a pure and total drain on resources.

will luffy's bounty skyrocket when it's confirmed he defeated cracker?

Nah, the government don't know what's happening on Whole Cake. Only when/if Luffy beats Big Mom will it shoot up astronomically and cause even more chaos to the New World. To be honest, I was surprised at how small the increase was after Dressrosa. He abducted a princess (temporarily) and openly fought a schichibukai and Admiral. At least deserves more than Law.

Sure, but gladiator's still brought in money. People paid to see them fight in droves. They were basically sporting events.

I don't see what profit OP's slaves are generating. Most of them are for sadism. Hancock and her sisters were given fucking devil fruits as part of their torture (which I still find a bizarre kind of sadism. "Hey, wouldn't suck if we gave the slaves we mistreat superpowers lol"), some were sold for the sake of attraction, but that's it. Even the bridge their building isn't going to be good for anything until it's made and they've been at that for 100 years.

OP slaves just seem like a pure and total drain on resources.

The difference between sadism and sporting events in that time were not always that great just look at remnants like bull fighting. Slaves were also used as prostitutes. Honestly I don't want to go much further down this rabbit hole but sadism is very closely associated with the history of slavery and sadly the present day in small pockets. In terms of the One Piece world it's pretty fluid what the reality is but I assume the underworld trade is involved with it in since the noble were not the only buyers for slaves and dressrosa had it's own slave labour system.

Veelk

Banned
The difference between sadism and sporting events in that time were not always that great just look at remnants like bull fighting. Slaves were also used as prostitutes. Honestly I don't want to go much further down this rabbit hole but sadism is very closely associated with the history of slavery and sadly the present day in small pockets. In terms of the One Piece world it's pretty fluid what the reality is but I assume the underworld trade is involved with it in since the noble were not the only buyers for slaves and dressrosa had it's own slave labour system.

I mean, I don't disagree, slavery is a morally bankrupt, dehumanizing system of brutality. I didn't think that needed to be clarified. Still, entire social systems don't get invented because a bunch of assholes get bored. There needs to be some kind of economic need to justify the costs of implementing a slave system. If you're just a rich asshole sadist looking for a good time, it's just easier to find some poor person to harass.

But yeah, it's pointless arguing about anything in One Piece realistically. It's one of the problems I find about one piece, it's so out there, nothing works even remotely to how it works in real life, that even if I did like it, I don't see what I could take away from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom