• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dugna

CxaYKMXVEAA0uTm.jpg
CxaYK-eVEAE_Xzq.jpg

Just learned about these legendary items in WoW

The second could've slipped by but the first is the most obvious reference

yeah, WoW has tons of hidden anime references in it....though I never did think that "Ice Time" one was a OP reference more just a generic line......

Qurupeke

Wow, One Piece has a female character that doesn't seem to have Nami's body proportions or be completely ugly.

Also, the last shot with Brook was great. I hope he can finally be of use.

Big Mom being somewhat reasonable but still unhinged is making me think something random like the bomb going off prematurely is going to make her snap.

Looks like the army have taken the vivre card, although it's not clear if Luffy is actually down yet.

Kreed

One Piece 846:

If Sanji truly doesn't have any other plan for saving the Straw Hats other than giving up fighting Big Mom/his family and asking for her to spare them, I'm going to guess that if Brooke and Pedro succeed in their actions that Big Mom probably won't be honoring Sanji's request, and will force him into a corner. That said, I am surprised how "well" Luffy and Nami did against Big Mom's army by themselves. Obviously Lola's card and Nami's control of the weather helped, but it's likely Luffy would have won if he was at full strength. While Big Mom herself is still in another league from what we've seen vs Luffy, Luffy fighting his way out of this might not be out of the question.

Hmm luffy doesn't seen to be out just yet very impressed. Big moms crew is very versatile nice split of men and women, very different and crazy looking powers and looking very different from each other.

Brook telling pedro to be bait Nd him agreeing threw me for a loop...what's the plan here.

Alil disappointed sanji seems to have no plan at all tho

So, Luffy and Nami wil be taken as prisoners. This could be the devilish sacrifice Big Mom talked about on her introduction (she was really scary when she knew Luffy arrived). It's hard to believe that she is being that nice with Sanji, just because he sit to talk with her. Normally the big and influent guys don't want to appear soft and weak, this is exactly what Big Mom would look if she spare them after what they did. She already lost one commander to Urouge and couldn't kill him, so, if she really is a yonkou, I would be really disappointed if she is that soft (however, I can see her sparing Nami because of Lola and the vivre card).

So, Luffy and Nami wil be taken as prisoners. This could be the devilish sacrifice Big Mom talked about on her introduction (she was really scary when she knew Luffy arrived). It's hard to believe that she is being that nice with Sanji, just because he sit to talk with her. Normally the big and influent guys don't want to appear soft and weak, this is exactly what Big Mom would look if she spare them after what they did. She already lost one commander to Urouge and couldn't kill him, so, if she really is a yonkou, I would be really disappointed if she is that soft (however, I can see her sparing Nami because of Lola and the vivre card).
Idk luffy indeed lost but I don't get the feeling they're about to be captured given the last panel we see of them was him holding the ground saying hes not moving

Idk luffy indeed lost but I don't get the feeling they're about to be captured given the last panel we see of them was him holding the ground saying hes not moving
Well, he is defeated, he can't even stand up and the guy apparently knocked him out with that stomp. If no one intervenes, I can see them carrying him.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
30 Poneglyphs total. Cool to have some confirmation.

Luffy probably could have taken care of this army at full-strength. Of course, he was in a situation where he spent 11 hours fighting Cracker, and then got his shit kicked in by Sanji, and the one thing he can do to regain his strength he refuses to do.

It will be interesting to see if they listen to Nami's claim that they're friends with Lola.

So clearly commander a smoothie is rocking the Smoothie Smoothie fruit right? Lol this arc has been great with powers..
Mirror fruit
Cracker fruit
Cream fruit
Soul fruit
Book? Fruit
Lick fruit

I love her crew. Think after its all said and done I'll prefer big moms crew over kaido's not the biggest fan of zoans except mythicals

Syntsui

Kaidou crew will probably suck, everyone we know so far seems to be a dick, except that girl that was foreshadowed to not be a prick yet.

Big Mom's crew are amazing, everyone is charismatic psycho.

convo

Hmm luffy doesn't seen to be out just yet very impressed. Big moms crew is very versatile nice split of men and women, very different and crazy looking powers and looking very different from each other.

Brook telling pedro to be bait Nd him agreeing threw me for a loop...what's the plan here.

Alil disappointed sanji seems to have no plan at all tho

No one seems to care about Zeff when talking about Sanji's motives. Whatever people are saying about Sanji not putting up a fight, he or any other of the strawhats can't instant transmission their way to the other side of the world Goku-style to intervene in Zeff getting murked by Big Mom's agents.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Kaidou crew will probably suck, everyone we know so far seems to be a dick, except that girl that was foreshadowed to not be a prick yet.

Big Mom's crew are amazing, everyone is charismatic psycho.

Probably with reason. All of Kaido's crew being dicks will make us hate him more.

Also digging this new Nami fighting and fucking shit up. Shame it was off panel tho. Guess the anime will fill in that gap...

Big One

Banned
Big Mom's crew is pretty dope, it makes me wish we'd get a bigger arc featuring theme vs all the Strawhats, but it seems we're nearing the climax of the arc already. I think the most we're going to see of them will just be fights against the Commanders. Brook and Pedro are probably going to face Smoothie, and Chopper and Carrot will probably face the other one by finding him/her in one of the mirrors. Sanji will probably fight Vinsmoke Judge as well. I think Luffy might take a backseat for a while in this arc, maybe have a scuffle with Big Mom but I don't think he'll defeat her.

With the two vs. one theme against all of the big bads this arc, I wonder if Zeff (or perhaps...Gin?) is going to appear at some point and aide Sanji in fighting Judge. Either that or maybe the entire Baratie crew will appear to take on each of the brothers. Gin?, Patty, Carne vs the three Vinsmoke brothers. Maybe Zeff will confront Reiju but instead of fighting her, she leads Zeff to Judge for him to fight. I'm willing to bet Gin is part of Buggy's mercenary group.

Also the Poneglyph revelation is pretty neat. So the "Rio Poneglyph" isnt' something that is at Raftel, but more-so a collection of several Poneglyphs that spell out the true history. Interesting.

This arc is setting it up pretty nicely that Big Mom will warm up to the Strawhats. Once she finds out from Pekoms they saved Zou from Jack as well as finding out they're friends with Lola, she's probably going to ally herself with them in some form.

Pedro and Pekoms possibly having a flashback in this arc lends a lot to their credibility as being possible Strawhats as well. I wonder how they got entangled into searching for the Poneglyphs and there's a bigger story reason for it.

IHaveIce

Banned
Big mom's crew is so dope, and there are at least 3 strong females from what we know.

The one with the slow sword looks really cool and lady smoothie aswell.

Big One

Banned
Big mom's crew is so dope, and there are at least 3 strong females from what we know.

The one with the slow sword looks really cool and lady smoothie aswell.
Big Mom is pretty OP as well. In fact I dunno how Whitebeard was the "strongest man in the world" with how powerful Big Mom is and how powerful Kaidou appears to be.

Taborcarn

Big Mom is pretty OP as well. In fact I dunno how Whitebeard was the "strongest man in the world" with how powerful Big Mom is and how powerful Kaidou appears to be.

Whitebeard was considered a WMD, with his earthquake power he could take out entire islands in one shot. If he didn't need to worry about saving Ace he could have just sunk Marineford and been done with it.

Veelk

Banned

That particular title isn't really dependent on crew strength. His crew could be weak as shit, but he'd himself still be the strongest. Meanwhile, all we've seen from Big Mom in terms of results is that she can topple some buildings so far, which is blah.

I do agree that Big Mom's crew is really awesome though. Honestly, it's some of Oda's best designs. Lady Amande is my favorite. It's her phenomenal hat.

Kreed

That particular title isn't really dependent on crew strength. His crew could be weak as shit, but he'd himself still be the strongest. Meanwhile, all we've seen from Big Mom in terms of results is that she can topple some buildings so far, which is blah.

Big Mom's ability would allow her to "kill" anyone she wants with just a single touch. But of course, she has to touch the person. Someone like White Beard who could have just destroyed the ground she's standing on wouldn't have to worry about this in a one on one fight.

daveo42

Banned
Sanji is playing that long con on Big Mom. He knows what he's doing by talking to her about all this. She's fairly distracted enough by the wedding that there will be a gap just large enough for the SHs to pull this off without even realizing how much work Sanji puts in to make sure it all goes off.
At least I hope that's the case

It's also nice to see just how crazy these powers from Big Mon's crew get. Juice Fruit, Book Fruit, Cream Fruit. All insane and great. Especially Ms. Juicy Fruit squeezing the juice from a person in the Poneglyph room no less. Cannot wait to see Brook and Pedro's plan.

Edit: Also, where in the fuck in Jinbei? He even got a panel this week from when he dropped off that Poneglyph he found, but nadda else.

Edit 2: Remember that bounty is tied to threat level towards WG and it's people as opposed to battle strength.

Big One

Banned
Whitebeard was considered a WMD, with his earthquake power he could take out entire islands in one shot. If he didn't need to worry about saving Ace he could have just sunk Marineford and been done with it.
I suppose that's true, but still even if you look at Whitebeard's crew, his First Commander Ace was only in the 500 million berry range. That's literally his top guy, while Kaidou has Jack and Big Mom has either Smoothie or Katakuri as her top dog. I suppose if the Strawhats can gain high bounties in the span of a couple of months, 2 years should be enough for someone like Jack to get a high bounty.

Though I do wonder if Ace's bounty would go up to the 1 billion range if he was alive and was still in the New World.

This arc is setting it up pretty nicely that Big Mom will warm up to the Strawhats. Once she finds out from Pekoms they saved Zou from Jack as well as finding out they're friends with Lola, she's probably going to ally herself with them in some form.

Pedro and Pekoms possibly having a flashback in this arc lends a lot to their credibility as being possible Strawhats as well.

Lol what? I don't see these things happening AT ALL. You're taking her momentary satiation of her normal crazy behavior to be taking a liking. It's not happening. Someone on the Strawhats is going to fuck up the wedding and get her pissed. Not to mention, she said she would let the CURRENT comrades, leave ALIVE.

There was emphasis on current, meaning Zeff will probably be fucked. And emphasis on alive, meaning she might play that pinwheel game with Luffy. If you're expecting a nice wrap up and for everyone to be friends that doesn't look like the path we're going on

Big One

Banned
Lol what? I don't see these things happening AT ALL. You're taking her momentary satiation of her normal crazy behavior to be taking a liking. It's not happening. Someone on the Strawhats is going to fuck up the wedding and get her pissed. Not to mention, she said she would let the CURRENT comrades, leave ALIVE.

There was emphasis on current, meaning Zeff will probably be fucked. And emphasis on alive, meaning she might play that pinwheel game with Luffy. If you're expecting a nice wrap up and for everyone to be friends that doesn't look like the path we're going on
So how exactly will Luffy defeat Big Mom, then? His whole crew isn't there, and he isn't nearly powerful enough to beat her even WITH help. Most of Luffy's allies in his arc are already affiliated or willing to be affiliated with Big Mom's crew. The only people in this arc that have been shown to be outright evil is the Vinsmokes. Big Mom has also been actively shown to be a loving mother, and Lola has already told them back in Thriller Bark that Big Mom's vivre card will lead them to her and she will "Help them" if they're in a pinch (which was purposely left out of the brief flashback of Lola in this very arc). It's very clear and explictely implied that Big Mom will ally herself with the Strawhats.

I suppose that's true, but still even if you look at Whitebeard's crew, his First Commander Ace was only in the 500 million berry range. That's literally his top guy, while Kaidou has Jack and Big Mom has either Smoothie or Katakuri as her top dog. I suppose if the Strawhats can gain high bounties in the span of a couple of months, 2 years should be enough for someone like Jack to get a high bounty.

Though I do wonder if Ace's bounty would go up to the 1 billion range if he was alive and was still in the New World.

You would have to find out people bounty like Macro and Jozu bounty .
Ace was a newbie in the crew and ace was not his first commander .
Also we see what a half dead WB could do it was crazy and he most likely got that title after roger died 20 plus years ago .

Very nice chapter with a little bit of everything .

So how exactly will Luffy defeat Big Mom, then? His whole crew isn't there, and he isn't nearly powerful enough to beat her even WITH help. Most of Luffy's allies in his arc are already affiliated or willing to be affiliated with Big Mom's crew. The only people in this arc that have been shown to be outright evil is the Vinsmokes. Big Mom has also been actively shown to be a loving mother, and Lola has already told them back in Thriller Bark that Big Mom's vivre card will lead them to her and she will "Help them" if they're in a pinch (which was purposely left out of the brief flashback of Lola in this very arc). It's very clear and explictely implied that Big Mom will ally herself with the Strawhats.
The loving mother who turns into a psycho killing her own creations and children just because she's hungry? The loving psycho who cut off a body part of one of her crew because he wanted to leave, the loving psycho who's about to get a bomb to the face? Yea no

Big One

Banned
The loving mother who turns into a psycho killing her own creations and children just because she's hungry? The loving psycho who cut off a body part of one of her crew because he wanted to leave, the loving psycho who's about to get a bomb to the face? Yea no
Big Mom has a disease, so it isn't really her fault she goes on a rampage because she's hungry.

While the "eye for an eye" thing is a bit sketchy, considering she's losing something that isn't really completely evil. It's also likely most people joining Big Mom's crew are already aware of such measures, and Jinbe is intelligent enough to be no exception to that rule. IN exchange for her protection there has to be a cost to it.

If she gets a bomb to her face that isn't her fault in the slightest. IN fact so far the Strawhats have wronged Big Mom much much more than vice-versa. She even made a valid point in this chapter about how much damage the Strawhats have done to her crew.

NSESN

I didn't expect Luffy to lose this fast, yeah i know he was really tired and he was against hundreds, but i expected Oda to drag the fight a bit.
And the last panel with Brook and Pedro was awesome.

Why does everything have to be about winning and losing? Beating and being defeated? You guys were probably coming up with matchups the second the supernovas were shown yet Luffy hasn't "beaten" any of them yet. The emperors who are supposed to be each others equals haven't fought either, aside from Shanks intercepting Kaidou back during the war.

Who knows how this will end, but Luffy could very much amass a crew that makes him not someone to be "beaten", but simply kept in check, to maintain a power balance or something

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

WB'S crew wasn't interested in conquest or antagonizing anyone.

Big One

Banned
Why does everything have to be about winning and losing? Beating and being defeated? You guys were probably coming up with matchups the second the supernovas were shown yet Luffy hasn't "beaten" any of them yet. The emperors who are supposed to be each others equals haven't fought either, aside from Shanks intercepting Kaidou back during the war.

Who knows how this will end, but Luffy could very much amass a crew that makes him not someone to be "beaten", but simply kept in check, to maintain a power balance or something
Because Luffy's goal is to defeat the Four Emperors and become the Pirate King, that's why. He's currently not able to do either unless he can ally himself with an Emperor like Big Mom, which was already explicitely hinted at back in Thriller Bark.

Because Luffy's goal is to defeat the Four Emperors and become the Pirate King, that's why. He's currently not able to do either unless he can ally himself with an Emperor like Big Mom, which was already explicitely hinted at back in Thriller Bark.

His goal is to become Pirate King. No where was this stated that he had to defeat the Four Emperors as well. Do you think Shanks and crew will necessarily stop him or be opponents?

ElFly

never mind the island

his quake quake power also had effect on water

shit is completely broken

Big One

Banned
His goal is to become Pirate King. No where was this stated that he had to defeat the Four Emperors as well. Do you think Shanks and crew will necessarily stop him or be opponents?

yS5kceh.jpg

Luffy also declared war against Big Mom when he told her Fishman Island was his territory now and not her's.
His goal is to defeat all 4 why would he ally with one.
He's already indirectly allied with Shanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom