• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somewhere magical I'm sure. That theory always seemed like a cop out. Its kind of like he made his dream not found it. It's like if zoro was #2 swordsman than mihawk died of a disease therefore zoro is #1.

i mean yeah, i want him to find all blue for sure, i'm just interested in where its location could be

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
How do you say this dude's name?

oo-rohg

oo roo gee

oo roh gey

I honestly don't know as I've never heard it pronounced.

uu row geh

In standard Japanese pronunciation at least. Who knows what nationality actually informs his name.

Veelk

Banned
You know, I can't believe I'm saying this... But, atleast for now, I changed my mind.

I scoffed and I guess still think trying to frame complex political problems being solved by punching the main leaders face in is a premise that is both unrealistic and generally not particularly interesting.

But for once, that is exactly what I need. A simple, blatant asshole bad guy whose defeated by just getting his shit thoroughly kicked in, and everything is happily ever after with no permanent consequences for the havoc he caused during his reign.

I don't think this is gonna be a replicable situation for me in the future. But just this once, that's the order of the day. Give me that shit. I will eat it up.

Edit: shit oda, you even have judge's nazi imagery in place and everything. He wants to make the north blue great again through dictatorship, while working under a blatantly tyrannical superpower. There are significant differences, like that judge is competent and stuff, but if he takes off his helmet to reveal he has clearly fake hair, I'm gonna laugh.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Aww man no OP this week?

At least Dragonball is back
And in full force.

Although, I will say... I cannot wait to binge watch this Germa/Big Mom arc in 2018 or so (via One Pace)

You know, I can't believe I'm saying this... But, atleast for now, I changed my mind.

I scoffed and I guess still think trying to frame complex political problems being solved by punching the main leaders face in is a premise that is both unrealistic and generally not particularly interesting.

But for once, that is exactly what I need. A simple, blatant asshole bad guy whose defeated by just getting his shit thoroughly kicked in, and everything is happily ever after with no permanent consequences for the havoc he caused during his reign.

I don't think this is gonna be a replicable situation for me in the future. But just this once, that's the order of the day. Give me that shit. I will eat it up.

Edit: shit oda, you even have judge's nazi imagery in place and everything. He wants to make the north blue great again through dictatorship, while working under a blatantly tyrannical superpower. There are significant differences, like that judge is competent and stuff, but if he takes off his helmet to reveal he has clearly fake hair, I'm gonna laugh.

1879gJ2.jpg

Wapol is more accurate.

Taborcarn

Now they're saying next week will be the final Toriko chapter.

Boku no Hero and One Piece is all you need ;)

Oh, I thought they had said that last week.

And yes, Academia and OP are pretty much it. With the infrequent Attack on Titan and One-punch Man to supplement it.

RalchAC

1879gJ2.jpg

Wapol is more accurate.

One Piece usually works in that regard because most of the time the problems are caused by a tiny group whose ass can be kicked off by a small crew of pirates. And the fact that the enemy group could wipe the floor with 95% of the population.

Wapol is a good example. Drum Island seems to be doing good enough without him when Luffy arrives to the Island, which happens at the same time Wapol comes back to his Kingdom. Kicking his ass just allows them to keep living as they were doing.

More or less, the same case can be applied to Arabasta, Dressrosa, Arlong Park and Orange Town. The first two are the most tricky ones, but I think the conflict is solved well enough.

The only exception to this seems to be Sabaody Archipielago, where the problem aren't only the Celestial Dragons but the institution that supports them (which isn't small) and a rotten society that have just accepted the status quo.

Living in the world of One Piece must be hell if you are a normal citizen, especially if you were born in the New World lol.

Ray Down

Banned
Spoilers:

By Sandman:
Luffy and Nami get defeated. Lola's vivre card is taken by enemies.

Scene changes to Whole Cake Palace.

Big Mom gladly accepts Sanji's requests, which enables Straw Hats to go out of the island.
Sanji swears that he will make Pudding happy.

Whole Cake Castle Hall of Treasure

Tamago explains the details of Poneglyph.

It is said that 30 Poneglyphs exist in the world, out of 9 is stones about "information".
If someone leads them to Raftel, the stones start to tell the truth of the world.

4 Road Poneglyphs are necessary to reach Raftel.
Big Mom has 2 Poneglyphs (including the one brought by Jinbe) and 1 Road Poneglyph.

One of the Sweet General Smoothy, 14th daughter of Big Mom, appears.
Her bounty is 932 million berry.

Smoothy asks Tamago why the security inside the castle gets enforced.

Tamago answers that one Mink tribe invaded in the castle 5 years ago.
His name was Pedro, who was rescued since Pekoms begged Pedro's life.

Pedro and Brook are located in liquor storage near Hall of Treasure.

Brook noticed by his ability that Big Mom has already noticed their invasion.
Brook and Pedro decide to steal Road Poneglyph by making Pedro a decoy.

Whoa!!
Wasn't expecting smoothie to be a woman and damn luffy and nami get captured shit
I think there is no confirmation that they were captured yet, but in any case, it's hard to believe that Big Mom would let Luffy go so easily, he defeated one of her commanders and Sanji doesn't have much to bargain. She said last chapter that Pudding's happiness doesn't really matter, she only cared about cementing the deal with the Vinsmokes and that's pretty much granted with Sanji handcuffed and blackmailed. I am really doubting that this deal with Big Mom will go the way Sanji is apparently expecting.

And wow, Luffy is defeated... This might look like that scene with Kid jailed by Kaido. This arc is becoming really depressing.

IHaveIce

Banned
SO Luffy loses, nice, because this needed to happen. it would have been quite a stretch to explain how he would have won.

I wonder what Pedro wanted back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom