• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCD

it's about time sanji wake the fuck up.

about time for evil bitches instead of the usual damsel in distress.

I demand Oda foodgasms!

Oda is a genius:

oLjAnZQ.png

Sanji did see "naked" Pudding for the first time...

or not?

So the obvious smart play for Sanji here would be to break into the Germa labs and destroy everything he can about the clone tech. That's the only thing Mama gains from this ordeal.

With that out of the way, the wedding is off. So now whatever Pudding is planning is messed up too (she has no reason to marry him then kill him, so she needs a wedding to happen somehow). I'm assuming the bomb goes off around this time, and then mass chaos. I'm hardcore betting on mass chaos.

Dimmle

Something very oedipal about Sanji cooking the same shitty bento box for Pudding as he did for his mother. Scratch that, entire arc is oedipal.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Time for Punished Sanji

4GlAU4A.png

"Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg... and my arm... even my fingers. The body I've lost... the comrades I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there. You feel it, too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give back our past."
— Vinsmoke Sanji

Veelk

Banned
I thought it was the same bento he cooked for Luffy and Nami, hence the tons of meat and tangerines

Really, it's just yet another thing that shows how awful Sanji is. He's supposed to be thinking of his wife and what she wants, but instead he makes food either for his crew or for his dead mother. Inattentive jackass. Pudding is right to plot his murder.

Ray Down

Banned
Really, it's just yet another thing that shows how awful Sanji is. He's supposed to be thinking of his wife and what she wants, but instead he makes food either for his crew or for his dead mother. Inattentive jackass. Pudding is right to plot his murder.

Can't really blame Pudding can we.

Time for Punished Sanji

4GlAU4A.png

"Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg... and my arm... even my fingers. The body I've lost... the comrades I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there. You feel it, too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give back our past."
— Vinsmoke Sanji

I thought he looked like Michael Myers in that panel

michael-myers.jpg

Time for Punished Sanji

4GlAU4A.png

— Vinsmoke Sanji
Sanji is going super Saiyan in 2017. Will make another cock bet.

Right? What a douche-canoe.

LeleSocho

Banned
Time for Punished Sanji

4GlAU4A.png

— Vinsmoke Sanji

Matka Pluku sent us to a hell but we are going even deeper. Take back everything that we have lost.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
This really was the only way the Year of Sanji could possibly end, wasn't it?

I'm pretty 50-50 on whether Pudding is actually genuinely evil or not. On the one end, if she is truly evil, then she's dumb for just blurting out her plans to everyone just because she thinks they're incapacitated. If she's just playing all sides, then she's smart for telling everyone so they can all cause a ruckus.

The latter option is the far more interesting of the two.

jbug617

Banned
My boy Sanji still got 1 week to shine people. It's coming. I believe.

unless this was the last WSJ for the year and Sanji got to live with the L.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Guys Guys! this is actually a Sanji upgrade. What's Sanji's only weakness? Women!

He now knows that women can't be trusted! He's officially Super Saijan...I mean Super Sanji!

Dugna

I never found Sanji's character trait to be that much of a problem, but if he does fight pudding I wouldn't mind it. Would be interesting to mix up the person that each crew member fights in a arc.

Though with how Sanji usually deals with things, I think Sanji will somehow make this backfire on both his family and pudding/big mom

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
My boy Sanji still got 1 week to shine people. It's coming. I believe.

unless this was the last WSJ for the year and Sanji got to live with the L.

Yeah, last Jump of the year. There's nothing next week.
See how Sanji handles TRUE DESPAIR on January 9th (5th)

Crossposting from AP

I think anyone who believes this sudden turn with Pudding is a plot hole or doesn't make sense is fooling themselves.

Every single enemy in One Piece has underestimated Luffy. If every antagonist (maybe barring some Crocodile moments) took Luffy seriously at the start then Luffy would have died looong ago. Big Mom and her crew are one of the strongest in the world, and have literally nothing to fear from letting Luffy sail into their territory. Big Mom even says it herself, she was curious when Luffy showed up without his full crew. Combine that with the fact that she literally has eyes everywhere, why would it matter if Luffy came to WCI? He's got a 500m bounty, his crew is inexperienced, and she has an entire army at her disposal on top of her own powers.

Now we as readers know this is not the case, and Luffy will obviously beat all odds, but think of it from Big Mom's perspective. Now factoring in Pudding, now we know she's been fucking with them from the beginning. Considering that the overall theme of Big Mom's crew seems to be insanity, it's very much in Pudding and her mother's nature to fuck with things for pleasure, not because it's logical to do so.

Now let's look at Pudding and all the red flags Oda has put down.

1) Pudding never got an Oda-Box.
2) Pudding gave a very shady retelling of her first meeting with Sanji that was half-assed. Shit like "oh his black legs" and "oh his heart eyes" while the meeting itself was entirely silhouetted for us, the readers.
3) We knew all along Pudding was the three-eyed girl. The scene we first see her in is with Big Mom eating people (homies, likely) as they scream out and she closes her eyes like "bitch, really?". Given this, it was strange how she suddenly got super afraid of Luffy being a "scaredy pirate" and threatening them with a knife when her mom is a fucking Empress of the ocean.
4) Pudding gives them a map that will magically get them to WCI. Now this works a lot better than Big Mom saying "sure come on in, I wanna see what you're made of" because it's more organic. Luffy and co. feel like they have a shot at getting into WCI and they go for it, as opposed to being threatened right from the start. Again, Big Mom and Pudding send them to the seducing woods where all sorts of fuckery happens. An "inescapable" maze where Big Mom can watch them get worn out while tormenting them at the same time with Brulee's annoying powers.
5) Pudding doesn't show up at the coast. We're given a scene of her saying "there's something I have to do", but nowhere is this indicated that this is meeting up with the Strawhats.
6) Pudding acts "different" when her hair is down. Notice that she says only her "family" know about her true personality. In all the scenes you see her in, she's around other people including her attendant in the chapter where she's on the balcony. Now I'm not sure if this is a mistranslation (someone here mentioned this), but I'd be surprised if it's actually only Big Mom that knows as opposed to the family. This would explain why she puts up a front in front of Opera in these latest chapters. Why does she hide it? Who knows. Doubt she could function well in society being all kinds of fucked up otherwise.
7) Pudding had a third eye she was hiding all along. Throwing herself at Sanji's feet as this genuine, caring person while hiding shit from him is fishy.

It's like this, if I'm playing with my food I can eat it whenever I want. It's not going anywhere, and it's either going to be on my plate or in my belly when I so choose to eat it. I can fuck around with my mash potatoes all day long before I eventually eat them. Same principle. Luffy poses no threat to Big Mom and she could have taken him out any time. Is that a plot hole? No. Big Mom, and apparently Pudding, enjoy messing around.

Why does all that even need to be said. Everybody from my memory thought she was a traitor than switched after she kept acting all sincere, now that it turns out she actually was lying it's a plot hole? Why because ppl were wrong? O plz

^ That about covers it. Most of us thought something was rotten in Denmark Whole Cake Island and the reason people started shifting was because of Oda's history with attractive female characters.

Why does all that even need to be said. Everybody from my memory thought she was a traitor than switched after she kept acting all sincere, now that it turns out she actually was lying it's a plot hole? Why because ppl were wrong? O plz
Not everyone believes breh

Please stop throwing salt in the wounds of the Pudding fans, we really wanted to believe she was good
I mean, it doesn't mean that she's going to be bad forever. Also we don't know if she's rotten to the core or not. Aint no salt. Just pointing out how blatantly obvious it was that this twist was coming. Either way we don't have the whole story yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom