• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Bounties have nothing to do with power levels and everything to do with how much mayhem you cause. Bart's bounty is huge because he was a ruthless murderer on the way to meet his idol. Same with Kid.

Jack will basically genocide anything in his way which is why he's at one billion. Same seemingly with most of Big Mama's crew, they are just stone cold murderers.

But she's probably going to lose everything because Sanji overheard Pudding, not because she underestimated Luffy. Luffy has essentially been beaten right now, she's won on that front. All Luffy can do right now is try and tear one of his arms off.

Yeah but in the grander scale of things, we know Luffy will be pirate king. Every villain in the series is gonna be like "well fuck, why didn't I take him more seriously".

Dressrossa was infuriating because of this, and it's a plot device that allows Oda to take his time in arcs.

Side note, any OT title suggestions? Looks like we're getting to the end of this thread.

Actually, scratch that, make it this.

Al3NmyK.png

Bwahahaha! 😂

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Man, how cool would it be if Sanji ended up dying this arc? Year of Sanji indeed. It would be quite the twist if he somehow ended up sacrificing himself to save his family and friends.

please oda

Anteater

Maybe Pudding is putting this on, she switched to evil mode to save Sanji. That's her plan to help him.

it's not beyond the realms of possibility, she can still remain to be an evil person, but she can still have other personal motives to help Sanji/ruin Big Mom's plan, she said she's one of Big Mom's favorites and she's getting tired of the pampering, the 2 flashbacks we got from her were Big Mom's asking her to follow orders and Lola's leaving, so it's certainly possible that at some point she's sick of being a doll and following orders. She also won't be the first daughter to be ready to rebel against Big Mom, we have Lola who left to ruin her marriage, there's Aladine's wife ready to leave with the Sun Pirates, Capone's wife might be on Capone's side. I mean, maybe some of them just don't actually give a shit about Big Mom.

There's also no reason for her to reveal the entire plan/evil self to Reiju a day before the wedding but that depends on why Reiju met up with her in the first place.

Yeah but in the grander scale of things, we know Luffy will be pirate king. Every villain in the series is gonna be like "well fuck, why didn't I take him more seriously".

Dressrossa was infuriating because of this, and it's a plot device that allows Oda to take his time in arcs.

Side note, any OT title suggestions? Looks like we're getting to the end of this thread.

If you feel that the tension is gone because Luffy becoming Pirate King is a foregone conclusion, then I can't help you there. Doflamingo and Big Mom had/have Luffy right where they wanted him, and they lost/will lose because of circumstances completely outside of their plan.

Also how are we at the end of the thread? We're almost at page 200, not 400.

If you feel that the tension is gone because Luffy becoming Pirate King is a foregone conclusion, then I can't help you there. Doflamingo and Big Mom had/have Luffy right where they wanted him, and they lost/will lose because of circumstances completely outside of their plan.

Also how are we at the end of the thread? We're almost at page 200, not 400.
That's not how I feel at all.

And my bad, thought that was the limit. Hmm.

Salbug

PJd8wqI.png

Considered using an anime one for color, but I think the current chapter one fits better.

This is now one of my favorite images...

Fuck dude, Toei Animation handled the "Mink Loyalty" scene really, REALLY well recently, and now I'm just anxious as all hell to see this arc in motion now...

Verelios

Well, well, well, I don't want to pull out the I told you so card so I'll just say this chapter was incredibly interesting. What happened to Luffy's cuffs on the last page with him though? I seem to remember them getting, uh, I dunno, weird perspective.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
This is now one of my favorite images...

Fuck dude, Toei Animation handled the "Mink Loyalty" scene really, REALLY well recently, and now I'm just anxious as all hell to see this arc in motion now...

After seven hundred something episodes I finally quit the anime a month or two ago, it was just overkill when I was reading scanlations and buying volumes, by the time I got to the volumes I was sick of the content. Worth watching this bit tho, maybe? Which ep number?

Chapter 850:
I didn't think Pudding was going to turn out to be bad. I definitely didn't expect her to be THAT bad. Poor Sanji.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Brutal, what a fucking dire situation this is.
I'm pretty sure Lola will eventually show up and help saving the SH.
Who will save Luffy? Pedro or Chopper?

Jinbei. Luffy saved Jinbei from prison once , it's time for Jinbei to save Luffy

Taborcarn

Despite all the recent hilarity in this thread, I think my favorite moment from this chapter is Luffy telling Nami to rip her hands off too.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
We already know that Big Mom doesn't trust G66.

Look at the first panel of 849. There are at least 2 homies spying on them (this is while they are discussing taking Pudding hostage and double crossing Big Mom)

BdeQ99l.png

Does Big Mom really seem like someone who wouldn't screw over her own allies? I mean, in 850, we see her punish Pedro for someone else's spin of the wheel.

RalchAC

Bounties have nothing to do with power levels and everything to do with how much mayhem you cause. Bart's bounty is huge because he was a ruthless murderer on the way to meet his idol. Same with Kid.

Jack will basically genocide anything in his way which is why he's at one billion. Same seemingly with most of Big Mama's crew, they are just stone cold murderers.

Hasn't it been said before that Luffy has a relatively low bounty considering everything he's done? I mean.

A) He defeated Crocodile (which was hidden by the Government)
B) He declared war against the World Government, defeated the CP9 and avoided the Buster Call.
C) He defeated another Shichibukai.
D) He punched a Celestial Dragon.
E) He is the master mind behind the biggest prison break in Impel Down history (official versions says it was Buggy I think).
F) He was part of the War of the Best, where he used Conqueror's Haki.
G) The whole Dressrosa arc.

If you take all those crimes individually, he should have a much bigger bounty. But I feel like they don't want to give him credit for all his crimes because, honestly. There would be a lot more Bartos if all that information was public knowledge.

Luffy could be a living Legend already if it wasn't due to the government covering up most of what he's done. Most Yonko understimate him because they were on the other side of the world when most of this happened, I think.

Too bad Zoro wasn't there, he'd be halfway to the bone by now.

Poor Nami is always there when somebody wants to cut off some limbs. Remember Little Garden?

Syntsui

Well, there is the chance for the SH to actually get out of the island. Germa vs Big Mom will generate enough fuss for everyone to escape.

RalchAC

I like to think the only people Bartolomeo hurt are the ones that made fun of straw hats

Luffy often causes quite a lot of trouble whenever he steps on a new island, even if things mostly work out in the end.

But I can see that. Seeing Bartolomeo's ship there sure is a lot of people that would make fun of him and his devotion towards Luffy.

Salbug

After seven hundred something episodes I finally quit the anime a month or two ago, it was just overkill when I was reading scanlations and buying volumes, by the time I got to the volumes I was sick of the content. Worth watching this bit tho, maybe? Which ep number?

Episode 767. Me personally I think it was worth it.

Also, I only began reading the manga a couple of years ago (and did it as well to complement watching the show) so that I could stay fully caught up with One Piece without fear of spoilers and damn it has been worth it, though. While Toei has been rather iffy at points with the anime series, I do have to give them major props for just how well they've handled certain points on the show. Also, helps that the music helps build and convey the emotion as well. As an example, watching Kaido's animated entrance still gives me chills every time I go back and watch it.

Salbug

Hasn't it been said before that Luffy has a relatively low bounty considering everything he's done? I mean.

A) He defeated Crocodile (which was hidden by the Government)
B) He declared war against the World Government, defeated the CP9 and avoided the Buster Call.
C) He defeated another Shichibukai.
D) He punched a Celestial Dragon.
E) He is the master mind behind the biggest prison break in Impel Down history (official versions says it was Buggy I think).
F) He was part of the War of the Best, where he used Conqueror's Haki.
G) The whole Dressrosa arc.

If you take all those crimes individually, he should have a much bigger bounty. But I feel like they don't want to give him credit for all his crimes because, honestly. There would be a lot more Bartos if all that information was public knowledge.

Luffy could be a living Legend already if it wasn't due to the government covering up most of what he's done. Most Yonko understimate him because they were on the other side of the world when most of this happened, I think.

This is a great point actually. Imagine the revolution that would unite under Luffy if it became public knowledge the true nature of his deeds and such which the WG is trying so desperately to keep behind closed doors. Also, my memory is starting to get fuzzy on this just a bit, but Luffy's deeds to Dressrosa were leaked out, weren't they?

On topic with the chapter, do you think we're going to see a personality change somewhat with Sanji, albeit even one that is shortly lived? Also, considering now that we know Big Mom wants a vast army of her own, I'm starting to get pretty hype for the inevitable One Piece "World War" Saga.

RalchAC

This is a great point actually. Imagine the revolution that would unite under Luffy if it became public knowledge the true nature of his deeds and such which the WG is trying so desperately to keep behind closed doors. Also, my memory is starting to get fuzzy on this just a bit, but Luffy's deeds to Dressrosa were leaked out, weren't they?

On topic with the chapter, do you think we're going to see a personality change somewhat with Sanji, albeit even one that is shortly lived? Also, considering now that we know Big Mom wants a vast army of her own, I'm starting to get pretty hype for the inevitable One Piece "World War" Saga.

Yeah, Issho leaked the information and kneed to King Riku as an apologise.

I have a LINE Sticker that has Sanji saying: "A real man forgives women's lies". So it could be nothing.

Or he could see that women are bad and devote his life to the only people that has truly loved him: the NewKama

Salbug

Yeah, Issho leaked the information and kneed to King Riku as an apologise.

I have a LINE Sticker that has Sanji saying: "A real man forgives women's lies". So it could be nothing.

Or he could see that women are bad and devote his life to the only people that has truly loved him: the NewKama

I, for one, fully welcome our truly-awakened "Newkama Blackleg" Sanji~

Big One

Banned
I'm still standing by my thought that Pudding isn't that bad. I really think she's going into business for herself here to stir shit. There's a reason why there was a flashback with Lola. She's trying to escape Whole Cake Island, and she likely thinks creating a war between the Germa 66 and Big Mom would allow her to do so.

Samemind

If Sanji doesn't flip the fuck out after this, I'm gonna be disappoint.
I definitely need to see him take the initiative at this point. He's now literally backed into corner by all sides.
-cant go back to the SH cause Zeff's life is at stake
-can't go against G66 because they're holding his life's work hostage (hands)
-now the last bastion of peace is plotting his death

The most obvious route is that the deal will be off and G66 will agree to take off Sanji's cuffs in exchange for helping them not get killed.

Do you guys really think that Oda hates Sanji? lol

No one would build such an arc around a character like this, creating a deep backstory and hate him. If anything, Oda is giving him special attention that few Strawhat had. I'm sure that this suffering will payoff.

So anyone has deduced already the fruit that pudding ate? Like, inspired by a famous folklore creature (like monet was) or something?

pudding for nakama

So anyone has deduced already the fruit that pudding ate? Like, inspired by a famous folklore creature (like monet was) or something?

pudding for nakama

Why does it have to be a DF power? She has 3 eyes so it could be a race/species that has it's own abilities (much like fishmen and minks do)

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Do you guys really think that Oda hates Sanji? lol

No one would build such an arc around a character like this, creating a deep backstory and hate him. If anything, Oda is giving him special attention that few Strawhat had. I'm sure that this suffering will payoff.

Rumor has in he and SEO had a meeting so........

pudding for nakama

Third eye opening is a fairly common mystical theme associated mostly with Indian religions and meditation. Not surprisingly the third eye symbolises being able to see shit that other people can't see.

smurfx

get some go again
you guys think anybody on sanji's family is gonna die? sanji can take some of the vinsmoke technology and upgrade his fight style and maybe even use some of the resources they have but only if his sister is the one in charge. that means his dad has to get killed off and something bad has to happen to his asshole brothers.

Syntsui

you guys think anybody on sanji's family is gonna die? sanji can take some of the vinsmoke technology and upgrade his fight style and maybe even use some of the resources they have but only if his sister is the one in charge. that means his dad has to get killed off and something bad has to happen to his asshole brothers.
I think every single member of his family will die by Big Mom's hand. The SH will run away in the middle of the confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom