• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Down

Banned
Pudding is part of an unrevealed race:
498d09bf.png

Made during the 15th anniversary book that Oda did.

Ray Down

Banned
Can anyone here translate all that?

If I remember right, some asks Oda what are the races of these three character.

Oda says they aren't Zoans or the figures come from any devil fruit but that they are unique races in the OP world yet to be revealed.

Oh didn't know all that stuff! thanks guys!

Still i wanted it to be a DF to be honest, though this race thing intrigues me.

Also after everything that happened in punk hazard and Dressrosa, i don't really see Oda giving us the third non-flashback dead tbh. Speculating about that always seems off in one piece.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
This is the mixup this arc needed. I expect total chaos at the wedding with Vinsmokes fighting Big Mom forces while the Straw Hats do their own thing (sorta like Marineford, actually)

Ray Down

Banned
Also interesting fact Monet was introduced before the book release and isn't included in the unintroduced races so she just a regular person with graphed bird wings and legs by Caesar.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Also interesting fact Monet was introduced before the book release and isn't included in the unintroduced races so she just a regular person with graphed bird wings and legs by Caesar.

Well yes, we saw her many times before her animal surgery, presumably preformed by Law, like all the others at Punk Hazard. She's Sugar's sister.

We've come a long way from knowing that at least the bomb would fuck things up. Now there's so many factors in play here, it's ridiculous.
Meanwhile jinbe and Pekoms are still a mystery of what happened. Brook is face to face with mama herself. About to be a bumpy ride.

Also..Ugh the vinsmokes have the chance to switch sides..Not a fan

Ray Down

Banned
Meanwhile jinbe and Pekoms are still a mystery of what happened. Brook is face to face with mama herself. About to be a bumpy ride.

Also..Ugh the vinsmokes have the chance to switch sides..Not a fan
Barring Reju everyone should be killed/get their ass beat from the Vinsmokes.

Sanji shouldn't really help so much as keep there tech from BM.

bjork

Iva shows up (no idea why, just does)

turns pudding into a dude

Sanji kickfest 2k17

or turns Sanji into a woman

either or

He won't hurt a women, ever!

Zeff will be after his balls!

ss2016-10-07at05.41.03.jpg

We would have one less man on the crew, less of a sausage party the better :p
I'm sure that Zeff would be the first one to tell him to kick her. The whole problem with this chivalry is how Sanji misunderstood it and takes it to extreme lengths. You can't apply that kind of benefit to enemies like Pudding.

Anteater

Problem is Oda took those personalities to the extreme, he's basically Flanderizing everyone, take Luffy for example, he's not going to change his dumbass destructive way and he will continue to be a dumbass, he's basically relying in luck at this point, so while Sanji can develop in a meaningful way it's also possible he absolutely won't, just like Luffy won't use his brain and will continue to put his crewmates in danger because that's just his character, he relies on everyone else to do the thinking for him.

I'm sure that Zeff would be the first one to tell him to kick her. The whole problem with this chivalry is how Sanji misunderstood it and takes it to extreme lengths. You can't apply that kind of benefit to enemies like Pudding.

This. When families' lives are at stake, it's time to throw all those rules out the window except for one: family comes first. Kick her ass, Sanji. Do it.

RalchAC

Problem is Oda took those personalities to the extreme, he's basically Flanderizing everyone, take Luffy for example, he's not going to change his dumbass destructive way and he will continue to be a dumbass, he's basically relying in luck at this point, so while Sanji can develop in a meaningful way it's also possible he absolutely won't, just like Luffy won't use his brain and will continue to put his crewmates in danger because that's just his character, he relies on everyone else to do the thinking for him.

I don't really think there is much of a difference between "before" and "now". Luffy has always been short tempered and irresponsible. I mean. He decided to help Vivi without knowing her, go to Skypiea even though they could have died in their way there, and jumped in front of Aokiji, Kizaru and Akainu even though he knew he wasn't a match for them in the War of the Best.

He's always been dumb and predictable. But I think it's been shown time and time again than that's part of his charm. If he suddenly started to act in a different way, it would feel off.

In any case, overall, my impressions in this arc is that he is actually doing the opposite. Sanji has felt the most as a human being since... the timeskip? At least he's been able to act in front of a woman as a normal person would do. Nami has been enjoyable so far, but she's mostly acted as the strawman when Luffy wants to do something stupid. Brook is FINALLY doing something useful.

I dunno. I respect your opinions, and I agree that character haven't developed much for a while. But Oda seems to hold character interactions and the humors that comes as a result of those as an important thing. And it kind of is. Recently I watched the One Piece Z movie and I realized that I miss those times when the characters are all together on the Thousand Sunny messing around and doing nothing.

That doesn't mean that I don't want Sanji to change a bit after this arc. I do. And I hope that Sanji doesn't return to its pre-Whole Cake Island persona, but if he suddently started interacting with Robin and Nami like he does with the rest of the crew I would be a bit sad.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I don't really think there is much of a difference between "before" and "now". Luffy has always been short tempered and irresponsible. I mean. He decided to help Vivi without knowing her, go to Skypiea even though they could have died in their way there, and jumped in front of Aokiji, Kizaru and Akainu even though he knew he wasn't a match for them in the War of the Best.

He's always been dumb and predictable. But I think it's been shown time and time again than that's part of his charm. If he suddenly started to act in a different way, it would feel off.

In any case, overall, my impressions in this arc is that he is actually doing the opposite. Sanji has felt the most as a human being since... the timeskip? At least he's been able to act in front of a woman as a normal person would do. Nami has been enjoyable so far, but she's mostly acted as the strawman when Luffy wants to do something stupid. Brook is FINALLY doing something useful.

I dunno. I respect your opinions, and I agree that character haven't developed much for a while. But Oda seems to hold character interactions and the humors that comes as a result of those as an important thing. And it kind of is. Recently I watched the One Piece Z movie and I realized that I miss those times when the characters are all together on the Thousand Sunny messing around and doing nothing.

That doesn't mean that I don't want Sanji to change a bit after this arc. I do. And I hope that Sanji doesn't return to its pre-Whole Cake Island persona, but if he suddently started interacting with Robin and Nami like he does with the rest of the crew I would be a bit sad.

Those are my favourite moments of One Piece. Just the crew interacting with each other which is usually only at the beginning and end of arcs.

They all play off each other so well.

Ray Down

Banned
This. When families' lives are at stake, it's time to throw all those rules out the window except for one: family comes first. Kick her ass, Sanji. Do it.

He didn't do it for Robin at Enies Lobby, despite everything going on there and him not fighting could have resulted in Robin, Nani and his own demise

Would rather die to Monet then fight her, despite all the fuck up stuff happening around them.

http://i4.mangapanda.com/one-piece/687/one-piece-3669949.jpg

He didn't do it for Robin at Enies Lobby, despite everything going on there and him not fighting could have resulted in Robin, Nani and his own demise

Would rather die to Monet then fight her, despite all the fuck up stuff happening around them.

http://i4.mangapanda.com/one-piece/687/one-piece-3669949.jpg

Sanji needs to grow a pair. I understand not hitting girls because respect, but if my family or friends are in trouble....all bets are off.

NSESN

What's up with all the talk about hitting Pudding?
We still not know enough about her
i still believe in her

It's way more fun if we can just burn little Pudding effigies but I don't think they would have made a point of her acting skills unless she was putting one over a multiple sides.

Ray Down

Banned
Sanji needs to grow a pair. I understand not hitting girls because respect, but if my family or friends are in trouble....all bets are off.

Sanji has always stayed true to his chivalry, no one in the series besides Nami (but word of God says Nami respects him for it) and Zoro (Too make funny of everything about one another) no single character has ever chastised, criticized or painted his chivalry in a negative light. Hell not even Reiju when all he said was it was dinosaur teaching of the past.

556441sbs.jpg

It not that Sanji has a rule its in his very nature and recently showed some of it straight comes from Zeff saying a man is never supposed to hit a woman (take it for what you will) and he even understands not everyone agrees with Sanji.

Even when Sanji friends were in danger (Robin, Nami, PH incident) he wouldn't hit a woman, oda has been clear about Sanji reluctance.

But Sanji family is different then your family, he has no positive memories of his dad who punished him for not meeting his ideals and locking him up and viewing him as a mistake and not worthy which he still holds now, his brothers have no empathy for him and basically beat the shit out of him for failing and showing weakness and that hasen't changed even when he kicked Yonji face in he still looks down on him. Sanji got chills and was scared shitless when his two older brothers arrived showing the mental trauma he had to go through.

Reiju is the closest bright spot in his family thats still alive and the only one in his family getting redeption, she may have steped back as the others beat him but she helped him after and aided his escape. But sanji was perfectly okay in never seeing her or the rest of his family again so much so is he never wanted to mention his family or deal with them until he couldn't. Even by Reiju herself said she is no longer helping him out and strapped bombs to his wrists.

While he may save Reiju & the others he will do it in a way that avoids fighting, The Vinsmokes are not getting redeemed. Big Mom's family becoming badder than we realized does not excuse the Vinsmoke's actions in the slightest hell there basically Nazis, even if you somehow consider their crimes to be "lesser" by arbitrary standards. Even when this is over They will still have there ambitions of tacking over the North Blue which Sanji called ridicules unlike Croc who seemingly lost his ambitions too take Arabasta.

Sanji will stick to his morals and beliefs like Tenma refusing to kill Johan and saving his life, Batman never killing his foes all imo.

Cool theory on Pudding working with Capone on reddit. I believe it just because of the slime-guy's hat!

Having read ch. 850 and seen all the arguments about whether Pudding is on the Straw Hat's side or Big Mom's side, I've come to the conclusion that maybe she's neither. Maybe she's playing both sides for her own gain. And who else do we know is plotting to betray Big Mom? That's right, Capone. I believe that Pudding and Capone are in cahoots, but before you get on my case, just hear me out and it'll all make sense. Tinfoil hat time:

Premise #1: Pudding's flashbacks are about her desire for freedom
The main crux of this theory lies in the contradictions between what we saw in chapter 848 and this chapter. For those of you who don't remember, in chapter 848, Pudding had a flashback while she was in her residence, reminiscing about Lola. Now, the stalwart defenders of Pudding's innocence are quick to point out that it doesn't make sense for Pudding to be having these thoughts if she was truly evil. If that were the case, then Oda would be straight up lying to us for a cheap plot twist. And I think you're right, but not for the same reasons.
There is one common point to all of her flashbacks: Big Mom's control over her life. Even in 850 we see this theme pop up when she tells Reiju that she is getting sick of all the pampering by her mother. Now how unreasonable would it be to think that someone like Pudding would snap? Someone whose entire purpose in life thus far has been to be Momma's "sweet little doll"? If you were in her position, wouldn't you want to break free of these shackles? These are not random moments of doubt she's having. No, she is reinforcing her belief that she's doing the right thing in betraying Big Mom by remembering how screwed up her life has been because of her, which brings me to my next point...

Premise #2: All of Big Mom's children are crazy and Pudding is no exception
If there's just one point that we can all agree on, it's that all of Big Mom's children are in some way, shape or form disturbed. Yes, even Lola, whose fetish is literally hunting down husbands. That's not what I call even remotely normal. But I digress.
Pudding is no different. Do you remember that oddly placed scene with the little girl asking for a knife to mutilate her stuffed toy? Or that scene with the caterpillar biker kid proclaiming he's not gonna brush his teeth? Those scenes were there for a very good reason. They showed us that the social cohesion in Big Mom's family is falling apart. In other words, Big Mom's children are all out to get one another or are just plain crazy, and the only thing keeping them together, both mentally and physically, is Big Mom herself. Now why would Pudding be any different? A woman clearly influenced by her sister's ideal of freedom wouldn't vest her loyalty in the very person robbing her of that freedom. No, she would bide her time until an opportunity presents itself, and there is no better an opportunity than this one...

Premise #3: Capone is Pudding's ticket out of Big Mom's clutches
Some of you might be asking yourselves, "Well if Big Mom's children are so rebellious, why didn't they team up against Big Mom?" That's simple - they can't. You saw what happened to Muscato, right? Unlike Brook, they don't stand a ghost of a chance against their mother. Furthermore, not everyone seems to be such a wild card. Her Commanders, the strongest warriors she has, all seem to be very loyal to her and have so far not shown any signs of doubt or rebellious behaviour. In short, the Charlotte family is too wild and disorganized to be able to rally against their tyrannical mother. But what if someone else showed up, someone who's also from the inside but who's also as opportunistic as Big Mom herself? Yes, I'm talking about Capone.
Although he's obviously not that strong, Capone's main asset is his intelligence. Having been based on Italian Mafia dons, Capone is someone who would naturally have a penchant for sly tactics and strategically outmaneuvering his enemies. We saw this all the way back in Sabaody where he effortlessly escaped the Buster Call, leaving the rest of the Supernova to deal with Kizaru and his forces. So we know he has a plan to deal with Big mom, too, we just don't know what it is, yet. Or perhaps we do...

Premise #4: Capone's plan is to instigate animosity between Big Mom and the Vinsmokes
Capone is not Kidd stupid, he knows he can't take down a Yonko and their crew all on his own. But he doesn't need to, he has the Germa to do that for him. The Community has long been speculating that Capone might turn the Vinsmokes against Big Mom and capitalize on the conflict to take her down, and that is what I believe, too. However, me and other like-minded individuals are taking it one step further by proposing that Pudding is actively assisting Capone in creating that conflict, and this is where the other inconsistencies come into play...

Premise #5: Pudding is using Luffy to her advantage
So far we have given Pudding a plausible background, motive and an accomplice, but how do we explain her actions in these past few chapters? Why did she go out of her way to antagonize the Straw Hats, all the while spilling the beans on Reiju about what Big Mom's plans for the wedding are? Well, you should know from what I've written above that this is exactly what she needs to do in order to set Capone's plan into motion. All of this has been to motivate the key players of this conflict under the nose of Big Mom. That is why she kept up her act in front of her siblings even though they know her real personality, and that is why she told both Reiju and Luffy. At this point, Capone can use all the help he can get in weakening Big Mom's forces, so a wild Luffy is exactly what he needs to appear, and what better way than to tell him that his beloved crew member is gonna bite the dust by none other than the girl he trusted to help him. He's banking on Luffy to escape and repeat his exploits on Dressrosa, and possibly help him defeat Big Mom.

Conclusion:
In summary, Pudding is working with Capone, because she wants to break free from Big Mom. In order to do so, she and Capone have devised a plan to cause a conflict between Luffy, the Vinsmokes and Big Mom. Their hope is that this will be enough for each of them to obtain their goal.
This is why Pudding has been putting up an act around her own family and why she said all those things to Luffy and Reiju. This is all a plot to take down Big Mom.

TL;DR:
Freedom-loving Pudding and opportunistic Capone are conspiring against Big Mom, and they're using Luffy and the Vinsmokes to help take her down.

Ray Down

Banned
That could very well be true, cause chaos with all the parties and escape in the ruckus.

I do have to ask, how the hell did Reju and Pudding happen? Reju said she wasn't helping Sanji, so unless seeing Sanji crying about hitting Luffy got to her (if that was the case I think we would have seen a better reaction from Reju for that). Or did Pudding find Reju herself, if so why?

Maybe it was Nitro, I don't trust a slime with a hat? Why hasn't that homie talk or even wearing a hat. It's suspicious!

Ray Down

Banned
Zeff said not to kick her. Therefore, Sanji won't kick her.

He'll suckerpunch her. :D
His hands are meant only for cooking! Listen to Zeff!!

Zeff would do something worse than that. Like cut off both his balls and dick, cook it and make him eat it.

Maybe we'll see the rise of a new yonkou in pudding? (Beating big mom).

BM isn't going down this arc, she will either get weaker, stronger or virtually the same after this arc.

If we really think that Capone is not underestimating Big Mom and plans to take her on then he will have an ace in the hole like another Yonko or the Marines. Haha, thinking about it, didn't the revolutionary army just disappear?

LotusHD

Banned
Maybe we'll see the rise of a new yonkou in pudding? (Beating big mom).

If Pudding really did try to go against her mom, regardless of whether or not it succeeds I'd probably consider one of the best characters in the entire manga, depending on how that goes exactly. Love me some twists on twists lol

RalchAC

Cool theory on Pudding working with Capone on reddit. I believe it just because of the slime-guy's hat!

Yeah, it's really cool. Some people here have been thinking about similar stuff (Pudding trying to make the Big Mom Pirates fight against the Germa during the wedding) but I don't know if the Capone part has been mentioned before. Really interesting part. It would be cool if the Supernova started getting more attention, they have some great designs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom