• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

GG-Duo

KuwabaraTheMan
(Today, 12:02 PM)
GhzxYVE.png

Isn't this a spoiler to non-manga readers?

LotusHD

Banned
Isn't this a spoiler to non-manga readers?

It most certainly is lol

I want a 3rd eye avatar pic myself, but I'll settle for her winking, and just restrain myself until the reveal is finally animated I guess lol

It gets the point across to manga readers anyhow, so I'm satisfied.

NSESN

I started with the anime as well I wasn't waiting for that shit. Turns out it's TOO fast paced anyway. They skip alot

I don't think they skipped that much.There was the godlike Megumi's table tennis skills chapter and the chapter they teach some children to cook
that chapter made me nervous, i was afraid the author would do a child foodgasm

LotusHD

Banned
It won't really mean anything if you haven't read the manga.

Eh, I guess. I mean, literally as soon as they see Pudding for the first time acting all nice and shit, if they remember your pic with her clearly sinister appearance, they'll be cussing you out internally haha

You know in a way mine kind of is to..hmm

Yours is more fine, as there's nothing to indicate what exactly Sanji is sad about.

Eh, I guess. I mean, literally as soon as they see Pudding for the first time acting all nice and shit, if they remember your pic with her clearly sinister appearance, they'll be cussing you out internally haha

They'll just think it's another Oda female with a similar face. Like the 700 others.

NSESN

I don't think Pudding is recognizable in that image. Even if you know that she is the 3 eyed girl, the fact that it is black and white make hard to people to make the connection imo.

LotusHD

Banned
They'll just think it's another Oda female with a similar face. Like the 700 others.

I don't think Pudding is recognizable in that image. Even if you know that she is the 3 eyed girl, the fact that it is black and white make hard to people to make the connection imo.

Eh well, I feel like they'd put 2 and 2 together, but I'm obviously biased at this point, so whatever, not like I care what avatars other people have anyhow lol

And by the time someone would potentially call you out on it, it'd be too late anyways lol

SalvaPot

I mean, a lot of profile pics on the Jojo anime thread are spoilers but it seems no one realizes, it'll be fineee.

Also I am hurt everyone ignored my piece on how Pudding was going to join the strawhats, I made it considering all your crazy theories =(.

Edit: It seems I have the special ability to kill the One Piece thread.

LotusHD

Banned
I mean, a lot of profile pics on the Jojo anime thread are spoilers but it seems no one realizes, it'll be fineee.

Also I am hurt everyone ignored my piece on how Pudding was going to join the strawhats, I made it considering all your crazy theories =(.

Edit: It seems I have the special ability to kill the One Piece thread.

It'd be really fucked up if Pudding joined by erasing everyone's memories of her

Hilarious, but still fucked up

NSESN

Pudding will make Judge and BM forget that sanji exists to save him, that's her redemption.
But she did nothing wrong to need redemption tho.

SalvaPot

Its kind of telling how much of an impact Pudding has made when this is the first arc the Straw Hats are facing a Yonkou and we are barely talking about her. Like Velk I checked tons of fan content too, its that good.

Veelk

Banned
Pudding will make Judge and BM forget that sanji exists to save him, that's her redemption.
But she did nothing wrong to need redemption tho.
If she had any real kindness in her heart, she'd erase the memories of Sanji of the one person who needs it most:
Sanji

LotusHD

Banned
Its kind of telling how much of an impact Pudding has made when this is the first arc the Straw Hats are facing a Yonkou and we are barely talking about her. Like Velk I checked tons of fan content too, its that good.

Well yea, it's due to several factors:

1. These are the two latest chapters, so they're all we have to go by, with the latest one presumably being the one that really got people to love the character. Not to mention there's a break, so yea, that definitely factors into Pudding being the main character on my mind lol

2. She's the first example of Oda finally subverting the whole "helpful Princess" trend, except he takes it a step further by taking a character that pretty much everyone either liked or at least felt indifferent to, and revealed her to be evil. If there's one thing One Piece fans love, it's a good twist.

3. Due to the last chapter, she has something that Big Mom doesn't really have: meme potential. She's cute, so people already felt compelled to do lots of fanart around her. But now in addition to that, you get a lot more material out of her due to her being that two-faced nasty chick that broke Sanji's heart. Oh, and her powers add even more material!

4. And speaking of meme potential/humor, it also ties in to a favorite pastime of One Piece fans: poking fun at the numerous Ls Sanji has. This is arguably his biggest one yet, and it was during the "year of Sanji" no less. Outside of those who have Sanji as their favorite character or w/e, I feel like Pudding trolling him is something fans can both laugh at, while also feeling bad for the guy.

But yea, it's hilarious that between Big Mom, the Vinsmokes, Red Poneglyphs, Jinbe, etc., Pudding is the one thing that really shocked us.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

Pudding is the real yonko

BALEE DAT

LotusHD

Banned
Pudding, my queen~

Okay so who read WSJ yesterday? What'd you think of the translation?

Damn it, now I feel like I'm in last place!

Also I don't blame you for choosing that pic. I dunno why, but it really looks nice, like she's pondering of how awesome it would be to kill Sanji earlier than she's supposed to

Damn it, now I feel like I'm in last place!

Also I don't blame you for choosing that pic. I dunno why, but it really looks nice, like she's pondering of how awesome it would be to kill Sanji earlier than she's supposed to

I feel like Pudding is always daydreaming about the different ways she could kill Sanji.

Veelk

Banned
I feel like Pudding is always daydreaming about the different ways she could kill Sanji.
I strongly disagree. Pudding wouldn't end his life when she could continue to tear into him emotionally. I imagine her next step would be to remove the memories of any good straw hat moment. Then remove any small pieces of tiny kindnesses that he experienced along the way. His sisters help. His kind mother. His love of cooking. Then, at last, go the memories of Zeff. He is aware as she does all this.

She only leaves herself, or atleast her nice persona. So the only good thing in Sanji's life is her.

You have to resize it in a separate image, it doesn't auto-scale with free transformation, sadly.

Hm...I'll be sure to try that, thanks.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

Also considering we already saw Pudding, standing right next to big mom as she ate one of her subordinates, and was unphased by the experience.

Not exactly the signs of a good person. Yet Oda still pulled us in, made us like Pudding, then made us despise her.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
There's certainly a different dynamic in forums.
Here it's non-stop Pudding
Over on /a/, nobody is talking about her. Only bit I saw was "What the fuck Oda how dare you?!" Unfortunately it's been invaded by annoying shippers and Monet fans and people complaining about the shippers and Monet fans.

On another note, along with this year being the 20th anniversary of One Piece, it's also the 10th anniversary of when Funimation saved the series from poorly dubbed Hell.

Red Fire

Over on /a/, nobody is talking about her. Only bit I saw was "What the fuck Oda how dare you?!" Unfortunately it's been invaded by annoying shippers and Monet fans and people complaining about the shippers and Monet fans.

On another note, along with this year being the 20th anniversary of One Piece, it's also the 10th anniversary of when Funimation saved the series from poorly dubbed Hell.

That's because every other forum has realized that new pudding sucks

Btw anybody know why it's not highlighted in green anymore when someone quotes me? Or how to fix it? On mobile

I strongly disagree. Pudding wouldn't end his life when she could continue to tear into him emotionally. I imagine her next step would be to remove the memories of any good straw hat moment. Then remove any small pieces of tiny kindnesses that he experienced along the way. His sisters help. His kind mother. His love of cooking. Then, at last, go the memories of Zeff. He is aware as she does all this.

She only leaves herself, or atleast her nice persona. So the only good thing in Sanji's life is her.

Well, emotionally killing Sanji is still a way of killing him. Just one that will play out over a long period of time.

Are we talking about the sort of annoying Monet fans who are still insisting that she's going to return and join the crew at the end of this arc?

Daingurse

We need a story with only the best SH extended crew.

Vivi as captain
Barto as first mate
Law as doctor
Carue as Usopp
Pudding as Cook
Going Merry ressurected
Carrot as emergency food

Your forgot Ceasar Clown. Shurorororo.

But seriously, I want Ceasar Clown to become an honorary Straw Hat, at the VERY least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom