• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's because every other forum has realized that new pudding sucks

Btw anybody know why it's not highlighted in green anymore when someone quotes me? Or how to fix it? On mobile

Nope. Even Reddit is turning around on the Queen. In one thread where someone hates on Pudding the most upvoted comment by a wide margin is a comment in the ballpark of "no fucking way, Pudding is the most refreshing thing to happen to the series in years."

Pudding!

NSESN

Monet was like an worse version of Carrot. At least Carrot is able to trick the crew. Monet was Zoro's punching bag. Maybe she is alive, but she will get a cover story at maximum.

Ray Down

Banned
Carrot wont join that is all.

Monet was like an worse version of Carrot. At least Carrot is able to trick the crew. Monet was Zoro's punching bag. Maybe she is alive, but she will get a cover story at maximum.

She isn't even a real harpy she is just a big fat phony.

Veelk

Banned
Monet sucks her fruit needs to materialize again tho...
Snow bunny Carrot
Bounty:250mil

You and I rarely have ideas that we agree on, but this is one of them.

I honestly don't know why people are so resistant to the idea of carrot being a SH. I mean, she doesn't have a dream/job/whatever now, but she can always have one added. Job especially is perplexing as it's not like anyone really cares what a person is gonna do if they want them on their ship. Usopp and Chopper (iirc) were made crew members and only afterwards did Luffy realize that they had actual jobs they could do.

Personally, given the OP characters at play, I hate carrot the least, and her becoming the first Logia crew member would be cool since I always liked Logia abilities. Before, the justification was that logia's were overpowered, but now with Haki, they're old hat and it's the mythical zoans who are the stars now.

LotusHD

Banned
new page

a moment to announce CARROT as crew member

I have spoken.

More people should use the 100 posts per page option.

Carrot wont join that is all.

She isn't even a real harpy she is just a big fat phony.

This is true.

Fruit thing was a joke but god I hope she's dead

If she's alive, then she'll be more infamous than Pell.

same here, I don't get why certain people are fascinated by her.

Her design looks cool and unique/interesting for one thing, playful personality, she can fly, has a Logia that isn't too OP due to it being obviously outclassed by Aokiji's (If we ever get a Logia on the crew, it will be an "underpowered" one)

I never thought she'd join though.

You and I rarely have ideas that we agree on, but this is one of them.

I honestly don't know why people are so resistant to the idea of carrot being a SH. I mean, she doesn't have a dream/job/whatever now, but she can always have one added. Job especially is perplexing as it's not like anyone really cares what a person is gonna do if they want them on their ship. Usopp and Chopper (iirc) were made crew members and only afterwards did Luffy realize that they had actual jobs they could do.

Personally, given the OP characters at play, I hate carrot the least, and her becoming the first Logia crew member would be cool since I always liked Logia abilities. Before, the justification was that logia's were overpowered, but now with Haki, they're old hat and it's the mythical zoans who are the stars now.

Yea, I'll never quite get the Carrot hate either. So much to love (or in your case, be indifferent) about her. She's the female brawler I never knew I wanted, and her personality just screams "future Straw Hat", female Luffy, etc. I mean, if Oda doesn't do it, that will obviously suck, but it's amusing that some seem to be vehemently against it.

Ray Down

Banned
I like carrot I just don't think she has a lot or really any of the conditions/previous traits that straw hats have shown I'll do a post later.

Would puddings power work on herself?

Possible don't think we have seen a person devil fruit used like that on themselves.

LotusHD

Banned
We don't know anything about Carrot yet.

IMO it'll be between Pudding/Carrot but Jinbei will be the one to join this arc.

I can't fathom how Pudding would end up joining.
The minute it's revealed that she wants freedom from Big Mom though, I'll support your crazy prediction

As for Carrot, yea, we don't know shit about her. But I feel like she could actually join (I mean c'mon, her whole randomly being a stowaway undeniably helped fuel this desire to see it happen), hence my belief that we will eventually learn more about her. At the very least, she's not a traitor guys.

Yea, I'll never quite get the Carrot hate either. So much to love (or in your case, be indifferent) about her. She's the female brawler I never knew I wanted, and her personality just screams "future Straw Hat", female Luffy, etc. I mean, if Oda doesn't do it, that will obviously suck, but it's amusing that some seem to be vehemently against it.

Yeah, Carrot has become the kickass girl Luffy that I didn't know I wanted. And she's just as wacky as Luffy, Usopp, etc, so she'd fit in with the crew really well.

Ray Down

Banned
I can't fathom how Pudding would end up joining.
The minute it's revealed that she wants freedom from Big Mom though, I'll support your crazy prediction

As for Carrot, yea, we don't know shit about her. But I feel like she could actually join (I mean c'mon, her whole randomly being a stowaway undeniably helped fuel this desire to see it happen), hence my belief that we will eventually learn more about her. At the very least, she's not a traitor guys.

Not my prediction? :-/

Big One

Banned
I really think Pudding is definitely setting something up for her to gain from all of this. Remember, all of Big Mom's homies are implied to be directly connected to Big Mom herself in some capacity. The fact that Sanji actively was talking to Pudding's door homie amongst walking by many of them probably gave some type of alarm to the other homies that Sanji was watching. Basically, there's a good chance Pudding knew Sanji was watching her from Nitro and Carpet.

Pudding could be putting up an act to showcase her "true self" in front of the homies, which are basically extensions of Big Mom herself anyway.

I really think Pudding is definitely setting something up for her to gain from all of this. Remember, all of Big Mom's homies are implied to be directly connected to Big Mom herself in some capacity. The fact that Sanji actively was talking to Pudding's door homie amongst walking by many of them probably gave some type of alarm to the other homies that Sanji was watching. Basically, there's a good chance Pudding knew Sanji was watching her from Nitro and Carpet.

Pudding could be putting up an act to showcase her "true self" in front of the homies, which are basically extensions of Big Mom herself anyway.

This is what I'm thinking too, but I hope Oda can pull off a potential double-bluff well without it coming off as contrived. I could see a lot of people being annoyed at the twist, but it depends on Pudding's backstory being strong enough to have some emotional weight. Oda's pre good at that shit.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Carrot is a fun one. She's the second Mink they run into on Zou (the first is that little monkey) even though Wanda gets most of the focus. She's the one who stowed away though to Whole Cake. I think she's just a tragic backstory away from joining the crew though Chopper wishes that Deer Nurse would join instead!

I'm telling you guys now chopper and Carrot gets everyone into the mirror world they talk and conversate, jinbe officially joins and Carrot asks can she come along too naturally Luffy says yes and Bam she's in. They proceed to get the heck outta there. Only downside is no, we got a new crew mate toast until after wano

dabig2

Carrot is lovely. People might poo-poo about her repeating a lot of the characteristics of the current Strawhats, but she's unique if only because she's pretty much the only female Luffy-type brawler we've seen in the 20 years of this goddamn manga. I think that by itself makes her a unique asset for the Strawhat crew. And she can make any page she's on that much enjoyable by just being her. She fits in perfectly with the less serious members of the crew and can play off anyone.

Let Robin and Nami keep playing the support roles and being the mature, smart voices of reason. But please just give me a batcrazy female Luffy who will get blood on her hands (and feet) as she blitzes around the battlefield being a troll.

Carrot is lovely. People might poo-poo about her repeating a lot of the characteristics of the current Strawhats, but she's unique if only because she's pretty much the only female Luffy-type brawler we've seen in the 20 years of this goddamn manga. I think that by itself makes her a unique asset for the Strawhat crew. And she can make any page she's on that much enjoyable by just being her. She fits in perfectly with the less serious members of the crew and can play off anyone.

Let Robin and Nami keep playing the support roles and being the mature, smart voices of reason. But please just give me a batcrazy female Luffy who will get blood on her hands (and feet) as she blitzes around the battlefield being a troll.
This is why I want her.

She's batshit crazy.

She tries to kill Luffy over a freaking Carrot

She's naive and wants to know more about the world or rather the sea.

Not some punk (nami,chopper,usopp).

Goes on the offensive no problem as seen when Randolph came after them and against Zoro.

Let her join Oda. Jinbe is all fine and dandy it's expected give me carrot

LotusHD

Banned
Not my prediction? :-/

This is why I want her.

She's batshit crazy.

She tries to kill Luffy over a freaking Carrot

She's naive and wants to know more about the world or rather the sea.

Not some punk (nami,chopper,usopp).

Goes on the offensive no problem as seen when Randolph came after them and against Zoro.

Let her join Oda. Jinbe is all fine and dandy it's expected give me carrot

Just like Pudding, I loved her in just the one chapter they used to formally introduce her.

I mean look at this adorable shit:

latest

Out of all the characters I've ever wanted to join or suspected would, none come off as so obvious a fit as Carrot does. Puts Dressrosa arc in particular to shame, I remember everyone bickering over mediocre choices like Rebecca, Barto, Cavendish, Bellamy (Dear lord no), even Law, etc. Carrot crushes them all. Hell, she even would give Jinbe a run for his money concerning characters that are likely to join the crew, if it weren't already declared multiple times that Jinbe is joining.

Also she has to join, so that she can continue her adventures with Bropper. Additionally, I always felt that this crew could use a 3rd female member, so who better than a character that would basically be the little sister of the group? Which contrasts well with Nami being the middle child, and Robin's big sister persona. And as others have said repeatedly, it would be very nice to see a female brawler.

Lynx_7

I'm still rereading the early arcs and man, I swear I'm getting teary eyed in scenes my teenage self didn't even flinch at. I've either grown up to become a pussy or it's just my attachment to these characters making me react more strongly to scenes I previously didn't pay much attention to. That and a touch of nostalgia. At this rate I'll probably reread the whole thing before continuing from the chapter I stopped. Hody can wait, I have an appointment with Arlong right now.

Ray Down

Banned
He didn't really take an interest in Robin.

Ehhh both showed intreats into each other:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWZP6kDeFW0
Robin gave Cobra the antidote to Croc poison to save luffy

Luffy saved her after losing her will to live after Croc betrayal and luffy accepted even though he is in the position to reject her and has only wanted people hes taken an intreats to.

And considering Luffy blunt personality he would have no problem telling robin off.

Just like Pudding, I loved her in just the one chapter they used to formally introduce her.

I mean look at this adorable shit:

latest

Out of all the characters I've ever wanted to join or suspected would, none come off as so obvious a fit as Carrot does. Puts Dressrosa arc in particular to shame, I remember everyone bickering over mediocre choices like Rebecca, Barto, Cavendish, Bellamy (Dear lord no), even Law, etc. Carrot crushes them all. Hell, she even would give Jinbe a run for his money concerning characters that are likely to join the crew, if it weren't already declared multiple times that Jinbe is joining.

Also she has to join, so that she can continue her adventures with Bropper. Additionally, I always felt that this crew could use a 3rd female member, so who better than a character that would basically be the little sister of the group? Which contrasts well with Nami being the middle child, and Robin's big sister persona. And as others have said repeatedly, it would be very nice to see a female brawler.
This post wins so much
Screen-Shot-2016-04-18-at-8.50.38-PM-244x300.png

Ehhh both showed intreats into each other:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWZP6kDeFW0
Robin gave Cobra the antidote to Croc poison to save luffy

Luffy saved her after losing her will to live after Croc betrayal and luffy accepted even though he is in the position to reject her and has only wanted people hes taken an intreats to.

And considering Luffy blunt personality he would have no problem telling robin off.

Robin had already been around in the series for a long time by that point. And Luffy had even previously stated that he hated her over the killing of Igaram.

There eventually was a connection between Luffy and Robin, but it was after she had been around for like 3x as long as Carrot has been currently.

Ray Down

Banned
If Carrot doesn't join the crew, I'll be both surprised and dissapointed. She's a really good fit. Almost as good as Caesar.

I joke with Caesar but he has less chances than Carrot, the strawhats have nothing but open contempt for the bastard and would readly throw his ass under the bus, he also has no chance changing even after what we saw at Zou.

Caesar is a monster who makes Spandam look like a saint by comparison and would never be accepted on the crew.

But it would be funny if he just stayed around because the crew kept failing to actually find someone to exchange him with and were forced to keep him as a prisoner forever.

Ray Down

Banned
I mean if the starwhats didn't force his hands to help he would have made some popcorn and laughed as the minks slowly died a painful death.

Veelk

Banned
If I may praise a OP character for a moment...

*puts mouthwash ready on the side*

Basically, I support a lot of the stuff that's already been said. Little sister figure whose eager and bouncy, but is naive about the world. She's got a cute design (well...not in the anime. Something about the coloring there just feels....off) and despite having massive rabbit tits (I mean....come on, oda, jesus, she's a rabbit), she doesn't feel as objectified as other female characters.

Also, she is both able and willing to fight. With the unique Mink ability no less. Um...yes. Please. Like others have noted, she's the female Luffy. But you want to know what makes her really great? That she's not Luffy. Meaning, she doesn't have his cast iron plot armor, so her stories can be more interesting.

Plus....she's actually...funny. That's rare for one piece, imo. I mean, just conceptually, a tiny little girl rabbit that is a stronger fighter than Nami AND Robin that can just come and kick the shit out of you...that's funny, and it was used for that purpose when she mauled Luffy. Her personality has been lent well to humor as well, being naive and doing stupid shit out of ignorance rather than just normal stupidity.

*rinses mouth*

So yeah. I'm Team Carrot.

LotusHD

Banned
This post wins so much
Screen-Shot-2016-04-18-at-8.50.38-PM-244x300.png

I couldn't say no to that face lol

Seriously though, I'd be frustrated if she didn't join, since Oda went out of his way to put her in the "running" through making her a stowaway. I shall henceforth refer to it as "crew-balling". If she at least joined "normally" like Pedro did, then I probably wouldn't be nearly as insistent on her chances of becoming a member. As soon as I realized she was missing right before Luffy left Zou, I was like "She's definitely on that ship lol" Plus the cover hinted at it lol:

If Carrot doesn't join the crew, I'll be both surprised and dissapointed. She's a really good fit. Almost as good as Caesar.

Now Pudding sort of helped me to understand why people want Caesar to join
but not by much, he's pretty irredeemable

So yeah. I'm Team Carrot.

Good, good.

And yea, I definitely agree with you on Carrot looking off in the anime. It's weird. I'm hoping they'll like... fix or spruce that up somehow when she reveals herself on the ship, because that's when it was most apparent as to how adorable she was anyways.

I couldn't say no to that face lol

Seriously though, I'd be frustrated if she didn't join, since Oda went out of his way to put her in the "running" through making her a stowaway. I shall henceforth refer to it as "crew-balling". If she at least joined "normally" like Pedro did, then I probably wouldn't be nearly as insistent on her chances of becoming a member. As soon as I realized she was missing right before Luffy left Zou, I was like "She's definitely on that ship lol" Plus the cover hinted at it lol:

Now Pudding sort of helped me to understand why people want Caesar to join
but not by much, he's pretty irredeemable
There was absolutely no point..None in having her come along if she wasn't staying for the long haul. Pedro could've simply been enough. I'll legit be disappointed if she doesn't join.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom