• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

LotusHD

Banned
There was absolutely no point..None in having her come along if she wasn't staying for the long haul. Pedro could've simply been enough. I'll legit be disappointed if she doesn't join.

Exactly. Oda better not let us down. Last thing I want is to have something in common with Monet fans lmao

Ray Down

Banned
That cover also hints at Pedro (who has more focus than Carrot in WCI) and Mononosuke (who is more important than both).

There was absolutely no point..None in having her come along if she wasn't staying for the long haul. Pedro could've simply been enough. I'll legit be disappointed if she doesn't join.

Well prepare to be disappointed stuff like this happens nigh every arc/saga since the Grandline.

Exactly. Oda better not let us down. Last thing I want is to have something in common with Monet fans lmao
We have the bait dangling in from of us tho... Idk what Monet fans were biting on

That cover also hints at Pedro (who has more focus than Carrot in WCI) and Mononosuke (who is more important than both).

Well prepare to be disappointed stuff like this happens nigh every arc/saga since the Grandline.
And pretty much whoever they were with always joined. With small lil details holding specific ppl from not joining
DRUM kingdom-chopper was with them Fighting beside them he joined

Alabasta-vivi was a princess it was always 50/50

Skypeia-no one fits the bill

Water7- it became obvious it was Franky half way thru the arc

Thriller bark-brook was asked frost episode

Sabaody,impel down,marineford-focused on other crews and just Luffy

Fishman island-jinbe promises to join later

Punk hazard- no one absolutely no one fit the bill regardless of what Monet fans think

Dressrosa- was simply to many characters all with their own crews,armies and obligations

Now here we are zou and wci carrot tags along as a stowaway with a thirst for adventure and the quirks of a strawhat..Get ready ray bout to hold an L

LotusHD

Banned

I wasn't using the cover to say Carrot would join the crew. Just that it hinted that she'd be a part of the team that's retrieving Sanji, so I kept waiting for Oda to reveal that she was coming with. Nearly thought it was just for show and she wasn't coming after all, but then it got revealed she was a stowaway. At that point, I merely wanted a cool Mink to join. After her formal introduction, I wanted her specifically to join.

SalvaPot

Carrot is a fighting rabbit.
tumblr_mrwr34K6Mw1sx95mao1_500.gif

Case closed.

Veelk

Banned
Sorry to tell you this guys, but I want Carrot to join in....which means that it's almost certainly not gonna happen. Oda has an almost clairvoyant ability to do whatever it is that I think shouldn't be done. I think it's his way of trolling me.

Daingurse

Now Pudding sort of helped me to understand why people want Caesar to join
but not by much, he's pretty irredeemable

So was Vegeta. He could be the Strawhats Vegeta!
I'm honestly not joking. I really like seeing Caesar interacting with the Strawhats lol. He plays off them VERY well. It's absolutely hilarious. I hope he continues to hang around.

LotusHD

Banned
I'm honestly not joking. I really like seeing Caesar interacting with the Strawhats lol. He plays off them VERY well. It's absolutely hilarious. I hope he continues to hang around.

Meh, if we gonna have evil or irredeemable characters join, I'd much rather have Pudding lol

Besides like, they don't even like Caesar, not even a little bit, and that doesn't feel like it'll change anytime soon. But like you and others have said, they could technically keep him around as their "eternal" captive, continually struggling like hell to find a place to finally ditch him once and for all lol

Daingurse

Meh, if we gonna have evil or irredeemable characters join, I'd much rather have Pudding lol

Besides like, they don't even like Caesar, not even a little bit, and that doesn't feel like it'll change anytime soon. But like you and others have said, they could technically keep him around as their "eternal" captive, continually struggling like hell to find a place to finally ditch him once and for all lol

Haha, you're right, they can't fucking stand Caesar and yet they still have to deal with him! It's just really amusing to me personally. If I cant have him as a crewmate, I'd take permanent hostage in a heartbeat. Then let the Strawhats slowly rub off him, and bring him to the side of Chaotic-Good.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
One Piece isn't Dragonball. Someone like Casaer would never join. Plus Law and Kidd are already Luffy's Vegeta (though Law's Piccolo'd himself).

Ray Down

Banned
Okay while I like carrot so far there are amny reasons why I think she won't be a strawhat:

1. Lack of Focus: Carrot isn't a focus or main point to this arc unlike near everyone strawhat so far in there arc where they join or hell there focus.

-Zoro/Shell Town.

-Nami/Buggy Arc/Arlong:

-Usopp/Syrup Town/W7/EL.

-Sanji/Barite/WCI:

-Chopper/Drum Island

-Robin/Arabasta/W7/EL

-Franky/W7/EL

-Brook/TB

-Jinbei/ID/PW/FI and now WCI.

Hell even pseudo Strawhats like Law?PH/DR or Vivi/BW Saga.

Carrot isn't the main mink that pushes the plot forward or hell the one the Strawhats interacted with when both teams arrived. That would go with Nekomamushi, Inuarashi and Wanda. For the most part she just wanda friend other then a saying her with the stuff with pedro or the fight sence with zoro thats really all she does. She has no hints at a tragic past or does anything of any real importance.

N & I have history in the series and are the ones that devolge the info too the crew about the road stuff, there the main forces preventing Jacks advances, they are the ones the crew stumble upon along with pedro. Wanda is the one thats shown to have a friendship with Nami and is one of the emotional bits of the arc with her fight with Nami.

Then Mono and the samurai surpass her with there connections to Kaido and why they are hunted, there history to the world and there connection to Roger.

Mononosuke scene with luffy in chapter 819 is more important and significant then any scene with Carrot (who is also hinted not to have a tragic past or have any signs unlike every other SH). Luffy says he will only help if Momo wants him too and until he says a word even when the others are berating him and trying to comfort Momo from luffy harsh words.

But Momo understands luffy and luffy understands momo, we get a glimpse of his past of wano under attack, his mother hinted to be burned at the stake and his father boiled alive with Kaido insulting his dad. And he cries as he asks Luffy help too take down Kaido and he accepts. Mono also has the VoaT along with luffy and unlike any other mink he can communicate with Zounashia which they thought had no conscious.

and now in WCI she isn't either she is basically a sidekick to Chopper.

2.Lack of Interactions with Luffy: Carrot has yet to have any serious or emotional interactions with Carrot unlike any other Strawhat candidate/members:

-Zoro: Freeing Zoro from certain death and retriving his swords, I'll also throw in his declaration to Luffy to never lose again.

-Nami: Luffy talk with Nami before she betrys him to Buggy, her saving Luffy from Buggy knowing he didn't deserve it, giving luffy the key, seeing luffy actions with Chouchou after berating him about being just like all the other pirates and trying to kill him and luffy proving her wrong, her tying buggy, her helping Luffy wake up from Jango hypnosis, her talk with luffy after the fight showing her view on him has changed along with pirates.

Her breakdown in Cocoyashi, luffy giving her the hat and going through all that trouble fighting Arlong just because he made her cry with it ending with him declairing Nami his friend.

Usopp: His connection with his dad, them spying on Kuro plan, them waiting for usopp, the entire fight in water seven what it was about and the emotions involved with him leaving the crew, and even after leaving he still helps save Robin and scream don't give up and his tearful apology.

Sanji: His talk with Sanji about dreams and luffy not laughing at himtalking about all blue unlike everyone else, Luffy telling him not to throw his life away, him giving Sanji a mask, Sanji admiring Luffy determination fighting krieg, Sanji diving in to save Luffy.

Hell this arc and his tearful goodbye after fighting Luffy and luffy telling Sanji how important he is.

Chopper: One of the few humans not to view him as a monster or look down upon him but be nice to him, him helping to protect the castle and doctor hiluluk jolly roger and helping to bring Wapo down and doctor hiluluk wish along with being Chopper first real friend.

Robin: Robin saving luffy after his fight with Croc, her reaction with Mizu Luffy, saving luffy life again with the antidote, luffy saving her life even after Robin lost the will, her recruitment in general with her asking Luffy to take care of what he did even with the others bar Sanji suspicions of her.

Franky: His entire fight with him, his actions at W7 and building the ship for the strawhats and taking his mankini.

Brook: Just wanting him to join the crew, his connection to Laboon and telling Brook he is waiting all this time for him with tears in his eyes.

Jinbei: Calming down a bloodlusted luffy from fighting Blackbeard, fighting along side him to escape, himgiving luffy the den den mushi so he could say his goodbye to Bon Clay, Jinbei remorse and thankful ness for him taking care of Arlong, him helping luffy save Ace and Jinbei helping luffy comatose body leave and protecting him from Akainu and him being the one to snap luffy out of his depression and realise he still has people important to him.

The blood giving scene and luffy first thing doing waking up is to ask him to join. and him coming to talk with BM to join.

Hell Pedro has had more important interactions, him joining cause he belives he has an obligation to Luffy and crew for saving him, his talk in 830, his willingness to die for Luffy and sacrifice his life for them and believing there that Luffy and co are the ones to bring about the new dawn.

Carrot interactions with luffy is biting his ear at least twice, her biting his mouth after eating her Carrot and thats about it. If Carrot was with luffy I would be willing to belive her chance more but she is not, she with Chopper.

This isn't even going into pseudo ones like Law or Vivi or any of my other points becuase this is already long winded enough and alot like Veelk.

So besides no hinting at a tragic past unlike the other strawhats and a few other ppoints.

I just don't see her being any different than, Paulie, Wiper, Perona, Maragrite, Hancock, Bon Clay, Mermaid Princess, Law, Vivi, Bart, Cavandish, Pedro or even some others I see that aren't thrown here Tashigi, Koala, Caesar.

I see her joining the fleet/alliance and helping to fight big threats like Kaido and Blackbeard and possibly the Marines, but the joining the main strawhats Nah.

I hope this helps in anyway to help understand my pov. There was alot more with the focus but I cut it.

Lets not forget Luffys reaction to seeing the minks was: Just a bunch of Choppers.

Alright back to shitposting

And at Blackleg, Considering your ava and bet history you should know things won't end pretty. :p

Daingurse

If anything I imagine Caesar joining Buggy after this since he needs giants and won't care about the consequences.

Huh, that actually sounds appropriate. Would keep him in the mix too.

Buggy and his Crew are gonna be the true endgame. If anyone is killing Luffy, it's probably gonna be Buggy. Just feels right.

Jay RaR

huge post on why Carrot won't join the Straw Hat Pirates

Yeah, I pretty much agree with those reasons. I consider her along with Law and Vivi as awesome "guest party members" that stick with Luffy and the crew for awhile but never join. As of now, Carrot's chance of joining is pretty low unless Oda brings on some pocket tragic backstory for her but I don't believe that'll happen as much as I want her to join
over Jinbei, as cool as he is

Veelk

Banned
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Big Mom is terrifying.

I think she looks too goofy, but that's typical OP fair. Her fat, ground arms with her tiny, tiny Trump hands make it hard for me to buy she can put much power behind those. And I would love it if Zeus and Prometheus didn't look...well, like they did. Again, I know OP art style, but Zeus' stupid baseball cap is just....

I posted this before, but whatever.

THIS big mom is terrifying.

RalchAC

Monet was there to make tashigi look like a scrub yet again to zoro that's about all. Considering he basically one shotted her she was nothing.

Zoro is so badass he doesn't need Haki to defeat a Logia user.

Step up your game, Sanji.

This is why I want her.

She's batshit crazy.

She tries to kill Luffy over a freaking Carrot

She's naive and wants to know more about the world or rather the sea.

Not some punk (nami,chopper,usopp).

Goes on the offensive no problem as seen when Randolph came after them and against Zoro.

Let her join Oda. Jinbe is all fine and dandy it's expected give me carrot

She could act some fun interactions to the crew. Normally stuff goes like:

They find something weird --> Nami wishes Luffy doesn't found out so they can travel normally --> Too late. "Uoooooooo. An adventure!" --> Nami, Chopper, Usopp, maybe Brook lose their shit --> Luffy insists like a 5 years old kid --> Crew reluctantly accepts.

There are quite a few groups in the Strawhat crew. You often see Nami, Chopper and Usopp (or Brook) together in panels when something scary happens, for example. Having somebody actively rooting Luffy to do something batshit crazy for a change would be funny. So far, I think Jinbei has been the person that has been able to "control" Luffy the most. He knows what to say to convince Luffy more often than most Strawhats. So having somebody to counter him could be cool.

Plus, Carrot doesn't have Nami's face. That increases her chance of joining by a 10% or so :p

People often talk about how she doesn't have many traits that are especifically hers. But Brook doesn't either. He is a bit coward and he fears supernatural stuff. He is a bit of a pervert. He is a swordsman. Yeah, he plays the guitar every once in a while, but that's not practical.

Robin had already been around in the series for a long time by that point. And Luffy had even previously stated that he hated her over the killing of Igaram.

There eventually was a connection between Luffy and Robin, but it was after she had been around for like 3x as long as Carrot has been currently.

Robin helped Luffy and his crew like 3 or 4 times before she joined. She gave them an Eternal Pose to Arabasta. She healed Luffy after she was impaled by Crocodile. And later she gave Luffy the antidote for Crocodile's poison.

And refused to read the Poneglyph with an Ancient Weapon location to Croc. She was never shown as a real baddie.

Thank you One piece Reddit for taking the time to remove the screen bubbles and actually fill the blank spots well. Poster

Amazing! It's wallpaper material.

RalchAC

I think she looks too goofy, but that's typical OP fair. Her fat, ground arms with her tiny, tiny Trump hands make it hard for me to buy she can put much power behind those. And I would love it if Zeus and Prometheus didn't look...well, like they did. Again, I know OP art style, but Zeus' stupid baseball cap is just....

I posted this before, but whatever.

THIS big mom is terrifying.

Big Mom is terrifying in a Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland way. I mean, she lives in a country where everything is made of sweets. She can't look like Kaido.

Your picture is downright creepy though.

And I wish that, sometime, we get to understand why there is so many people whose height is over 2,50 meters.

Veelk

Banned
Big Mom is terrifying in a Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland way. I mean, she lives in a country where everything is made of sweets. She can't look like Kaido.

Your picture is downright creepy though.

And I wish that, sometime, we get to understand why there is so many people whose height is over 2,50 meters.

Maybe. For me, Big Mom's design is noticeably sillier and less intimidating than the other Yonko's, and I feel there was a way of making it properly intimidating.

For me, it's really her arms. Why her her fists so itty bitty. She's a giant woman, so the lack of proportion in the part of her body where she is supposed to be putting out damage (as opposed to Whitebeard's, Blackbeard's, and Kaido's huge fists that clearly are things you DO NOT want to be hit by) just gives her a distinct lack of threat.

Which might be okay, since her strength as a Yonko seems to come from other kinds of resources, including stuff like the magic cloud and sun she uses for fire and lightning. But....

Eh, honestly, I can't complain about her look without complaining about the OP aesthetic in general, and that's just a pointless road to go down since this is clearly the identity OP choose for itself. I feel Oda has learned to make it look cooler now than when he was starting out, but it's still silly...and that's how Oda wants it, even if I don't think it ideal.

ckohler

Plus....she's actually...funny. That's rare for one piece, imo. I mean, just conceptually, a tiny little girl rabbit that is a stronger fighter than Nami AND Robin that can just come and kick the shit out of you...that's funny, and it was used for that purpose when she mauled Luffy. Her personality has been lent well to humor as well, being naive and doing stupid shit out of ignorance rather than just normal stupidity.

*rinses mouth*

So yeah. I'm Team Carrot.

I totally agree. Carrot is refreshing and fun. She's like this wide-eyed kid who loves adventure like Luffy and is also a badass fighter like him. And yet, she's even more naive. But most of all, she's just so damn endearing. Check out this scene from the anime. Who couldn't love this laugh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcuQRfbYNj4

NSESN

I know i seem like Carrot hater number 1, but i don't dislike her. I just want her to have a good reason to join. My opinion is basically the same as Ray's. And I would love to have her as the traitor. Something like:
Kaidou- "Work for me and I will give an endless amount of ca.."
Carrot-"..rrots?Yes!"
Kaidou-"..sh.I mean carrots, endless amount of carrots"

RalchAC

Forget Carrot. Pudding and Reiju are the next Strawhats.
kidding

Reiju could be certainly amusing, if she has the same weak spot for handsome men that the Ji brothers have for beautiful women. She'd be like "Zoro-kyun!" which would piss off Sanji to death. Some interesting interaction between those 3.

But I don't think it'll happen. I bet on her becoming the new leader of the Germa 66 after the clone technology is stolen and the rest of the family is beaten.

dabig2

I know i seem like Carrot hater number 1, but i don't dislike her. I just want her to have a good reason to join."

I think adventure, exploring a brave new world, and having fun is a good enough reason! Plus she might see Pedro dying and will inherit his will as the official mink representative on the crew (Roger had 2 of them). Anyways, remember the exchange between Dragon and Smoker at Loguetown?

Smoker: Why! Why do you want Carrot to join the Strawhats????
Dragon: What reason do you have for preventing a bunny from setting sail?

Obviously I agree with Dragon.

I think adventure, exploring a brave new world, and having fun is a good enough reason! Plus she might see Pedro dying and will inherit his will as the official mink representative on the crew (Roger had 2 of them). Anyways, remember the exchange between Dragon and Smoker at Loguetown?

Smoker: Why! Why do you want Carrot to join the Strawhats????
Dragon: What reason do you have for preventing a bunny from setting sail?

Obviously I agree with Dragon.
One and done and you pudding lovers can't dismiss this because there's no proof it didn't happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom