• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

RalchAC

Please no. Sanji being devoted only for Nami and Robin would be terrible. He just need to move on from Pudding. Everyone have failures in love. If the Okama Island didn't break him, its not Pudding that will.

Okama Island made Sanji starved for 'real' (ugh) women contact. He was even worse immediately after coming out.

don't know about Sanji never trust a 'vagina'. please no. Forget about devoting himself to Nami/Robin; first he has to win back Nami's respect. At first she thought he sacrificed himself to save the Minks et al but after what he did to Luffy, she can see it was out of weakness (contrast with what Brooke, who didn't witness that confrontation, still has to say about Sanji). Usopp had to take on the Sogeking persona to win back the crew's trust. Maybe we'll see the return of Mr Prince. Either way, Sanji needs to get his act together now. Or at least before Nami makes it to Zoro and reports his ass

I was thinking of it more as a short term reaction of sorts. By the time he reached a new island, he would probably be more or less the same as always. It'd be nice if he, somehow, mistrusted unknown women at first despite falling in love with them. Like, acting bipolar or something along those lines.

I don't know. I don't find Sanji particularly amusing. I would be fine if he stopped being a pervert (except when he brings food to Nami and Robin, but tells the crew to shut the fuck up). Brook does a much better job as a pervert overall. Or at least, he's been much better lately. I'm rewatching Fishman Island and, seriously, if Sanji had died from the lack of blood I would actually feel relieved. It was funny the first three or four times he did it, but after a while his presence and gags actively worsen every scene he is in. Chopper acting like a five years old kid isn't particularly amusing either.

Zoro has been spot on, though.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Wasn't Crocodile's right hand (ground death) considered awakening too? Or just a clever use of his powers?

I remember reading an argument for that, but really he's not turning the world into sand, he's removing moisture from it by touching it, like he did to Luffy. It's more just a clever power use I'd say.

Ray Down

Banned
I remember reading an argument for that, but really he's not turning the world into sand, he's removing moisture from it by touching it, like he did to Luffy. It's more just a clever power use I'd say.

Besides I doubt Oda would reveal Logia awakening like that considering there the most dangerous fruits and looking at the reveal for Paramecias with Dolfa I think will get something big for Logias.

LotusHD

Banned
Fucking Pudding and waifu talks are destroying this community

???

What waifu talk has there actually really been? We're just excited about a character that's actually pretty refreshing for this series (Which is amusing because it's always doing new and crazy stuff).

Not to mention there's no new chapter until next week, so it's not like there's much to talk about. But even then, in this same page, we like just talked about Awakening for a bit before you posted. And everyone that's been feeling the Pudding love is still perfectly capable of discussing a wide variety of One Piece-related topics, as we're not yet that far gone lol. Sure I guess the majority of the posts have been about Pudding as of late, but most of it has been for comedic purposes, so I honestly don't see what's so irritating about that.

At any rate, it's certainly not serious enough to say it's ruining the community, especially when what I assume to be veteran members are also joining in on the fun.

Lol what waifu talk.

Exactly, like what?

The Pudding love is amusing for now, but let's be real; by the time OT3 comes along Pudding will be defeated. I thought Sanji/Strawhats were just going to sneak away in the middle of the night but it looks like we're headed for an all-out brawl at the wedding. There's Big Mom's family and the Vinsmokes but there's also going to be other powerful guests and they could pick a different side. Pudding is going to get smacked back down this arc. Can't wait to see her real crying face

The love won't stop for the character unless Oda manages to seriously fumble up the rest of the arc. Hell, it'd further increase if she's revealed to be able to fight, or admits to altering Big Mom's memories in any way, even if it's for something small. Right now I'm wondering if Sanji will satisfy this in a way that won't annoy me lol

Somehow the most infurating one is pudding winking.

image.php

Tears are for Sanji.

Wk2HRWE.png

fuuuuuuuuuuck, I love Gravity Rush even more now

Same haha, can't wait for the sequel!

Yea this is correct. Though at the same time, it wouldn't be too out there if Oda suddenly decide that this actually was an Awakening power, as Crocodile is already very proficient with his Logia powers, considering that he can reflexively become intangible.

Loudninja

awakening is basically a hyper-refined and evolved form of power bestowed upon by devil fruits.

For paramecias (and possibly logias), awakening seems to be more or less terraforming - Crocodile's ability to turn the surroundings into sand, Punk hazard being a chaotic island of of both extreme hot and cold as a result of aokiji and akainu's battle, Doflamingo's ability to turn the ground and buildings of Dressrosa into strings, all of these abilities go beyond being a string man, or controlling sand, magma, and ice, or simply drain moisture, freeze water, or burn trees. It's changing the very nature of one's surroundings.

For Zoan types? Awakening seems to turn you into a monster, like the chimeras in Impel Down, or chopper's Monster Point (I suspect that when chopper awakens, he will be able to freely transform into Monster Point, without the rumble ball, without time limits, and without any drain to his stamina).

When luffy awakens his fruit, he may be able to not only rubberfy his surroundings: He may be able to make spacetime or the air itself beind and stretch (creating a sort of teleportation that allows him to counter someone like, say, Kizaru)
That would be amazing

Crocomom is weird.

Comparatively, when you look at Doffy, or Akainu/Aokiji for Logia similarities, they turned their surroundings and climate respectively without doing much of anything that we understand. With crocodile we got an explanation, but sucking shit dry is still unique to his power and I'm unsure if it's actually awakening.

Like, Doflamingo didn't suck the moisture out of the buildings to turn them into string. It seems like he just "expanded" his power and magically did it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
If Luffy awakens I doubt it will be anything super cool so don't get those hopes up. It'll probably be something incredibly silly with insane implications that plays off his current skillset.

If Luffy awakens I doubt it will be anything super cool so don't get those hopes up. It'll probably be something incredibly silly with insane implications that plays off his current skillset.

It will be something really silly and ridiculous, but Chopper, Usopp and Carrot will all get crazy eyes at it and act like it's the most awesome thing ever.

Thanks a lot for explaining awakening everyone!

I guess I never really cared about awakening much. What tickles me the most in the series is less about powers and more about how the fuck devil fruits work and spread. So I thought Punk Hazard was great for that.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I'm going to the store to buy pudding then immediately putting it in the trash where it belongs
He'll awaken it by accident because it probably requires some level of concentration he has never shown.
If oda does come up with one this is how it will go

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I never said it was confusing. I just found it quite funny to see 3 posts with Pudding avatar together.
I never said you did, I said it was for me lol

Q4AUudc.jpg

All we know about it.
Man, this was one of the best moments in the series for me. The anime actually pulled it off REALLY well. The music, the roar, the cinematography, everything made it feel like some horror movie abomination. Which was awesome, and totally unexpected for Chopper at that time.

I never said you did, I said it was for me lol

Man, this was one of the best moments in the series for me. The anime actually pulled it off REALLY well. The music, the roar, the cinematography, everything made it feel like some horror movie abomination. Which was awesome, and totally unexpected for Chopper at that time.

Yeah dude, definitely one of the better moments.

smurfx

get some go again
so what other broken ability do you think pudding will have? can she reach into her own head and erase memories of being damaged in a fight and thus healing her? crazy but not more crazy than kalifa being able to wash your strength away.

Ray Down

Banned
I wrote this up on Oro but if Pudding can fight I want her to be like this:

If anything if she has some psychic powers due to her 3rd eye, I rather her read people minds to figure out movement patterns/what they are going to do next and use various assortment of weapons and techniques to hurt her opponent/throw them off their guard so she can get in close and mind attack.

Lot more interesting and less over powered, plus reading minds would help her acting if she does in fact have it.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
so what other broken ability do you think pudding will have? can she reach into her own head and erase memories of being damaged in a fight and thus healing her? crazy but not more crazy than kalifa being able to wash your strength away.

Awakening powers

She can edit time itself making time forget the attack ever happened

sasuke_91

Maybe she alters her own memories which makes her think she's a good girl whenever she closes her third eye. That's why she's so good at acting, because it's actually real. But deep down she's still evil though, which is why Reiju caught on something and confronted her about it.

Or I'm just completely wrong.

I hope not.

Okay, so far we seen some decent fruits so let's answer the question about which one is the most versatile in One Piece. Imma say Kizaru's, because that shit is broken. Good thing he is lazy as hell though.

Ray Down

Banned
Maybe she alters her own memories which makes her think she's a good girl whenever she closes her third eye. That's why she's so good at acting, because it's actually real. But deep down she's still evil though, which is why Reiju caught on something and confronted her about it.

Or I'm just completely wrong.

We don't know how the whole confrontation happens, but Reiju seemed to liked Pudding.

Also implies they meet before, though I don't know what the Viz translation says, don't have that issue.

I hope not.

Okay, so far we seen some decent fruits so let's answer the question about which one is the most versatile in One Piece. Imma say Kizaru's, because that shit is broken. Good thing he is lazy as hell though.
Can we really call his fruit versatile tho? Certainly wouldn't be the first fruit or user ID point too. Doflamingo for one I'd say before kizaru

sasuke_91

We don't know how the whole confrontation happens, but Reiju seemed to liked Pudding:

Also implies they meet before, though I don't know what the Viz translation says, don't have that issue.
There's no reason for her to be sarcastic, so I guess she's genuine.

It was just a random thought crossing my mind. Haven't thought things through.

LotusHD

Banned
Law's up there, if not the most versatile. Can basically heal or patch you up through replacing your body parts or cutting you or someone else up to easily fix any internal injuries, you can cut people up from a distance, switch people's bodies and minds, remove their hearts (including your own) for safekeeping/blackmail, can teleport, create blades of energy, and last but not least...

You can give someone eternal life.

Luigi87

After many months of hiatus I'm back to watching my One Piece re-watch. I had left off right before the Enel Eneru fight.

Skypiea ranks lower in terms of the overall arcs for me, but it is still very good... But I do have to say that Luffy ringing the golden bell is by far one of the most satisfying moments in the series, simply due to it bringing closure to the storyline that started in Jaya.

More than anything though I'm excited that I'm gonna be starting DBF and W7/EL arcs, as those are some of my favourites, despite Enies Lobby being where the pacing of the anime started to become 1ch:1ep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom