• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Luffy will 'awaken' during the span of the series. Didn't Doffy and Croc imply it takes years if not decades to achieve? Maybe if there's a another timeskip at the end and he's shown as another Shanks-like figure to someone. Though at this point I feel the Gears are more than enough to do him the series. Luffy doesn't need an OP power.

His wouldn't be that broken. Based on Doffy's description of awakened Paramecia fruits, Luffy would just turn the surroundings into rubber, and he'd just bounce around a bunch. Basically, it gives him Bellamy's DF power too.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
To be fair the anime has exaggerated her (and others') proportions to an insane degree many times already. It makes it awkward to watch at times.

Speaking of the anime: One Pace's version of Zou is soooo good. I know I sound like a broken record by now, but they're doing timely releases and it's got manga pacing!
No it doesn't. As of this weekend the anime version of Zou will have had as many episodes as the manga had chapters in the arc, and there's still at least another month or so of the arc still to go.

It's moving at significantly less than one chapter per episode. It's just not as noticeable as in Dressrosa because the Zou arc is so densely packed with major info, making the content of each chapter pretty meaty.

Glad to see some cosplay happened at the Film Gold LA premiere.

C1dS9ypUAAApQuG.jpg

https://twitter.com/StellaChuuuuu/status/817213515610001408

No it doesn't. As of this weekend the anime version of Zou will have had as many episodes as the manga had chapters in the arc, and there's still at least another month or so of the arc still to go.

It's moving at significantly less than one chapter per episode. It's just not as noticeable as in Dressrosa because the Zou arc is so densely packed with major info, making the content of each chapter pretty meaty.

Maybe it's a typo or I'm misunderstanding (I don't watch any of the anime), but that poster was talking about One Pace, which is an edited down version as I understand? Unless you knew that and this applies to that. I'm just guessing.

One Pace bro

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Fishman Island was meant to be experienced as a colored manga

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Wasn't Crocodile's right hand (ground death) considered awakening too? Or just a clever use of his powers?

It was never specified. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Ground Death was retconned into awakening. Didn't Crocodile precede that by saying that he had honed his devil fruit to its peak?

It certainly seems to be a form of awakening, since he wasn't just controlling sand, but turning his entire surroundings into sand.

Or they'll just turn awakening for logias into natural weather manipulation. IE: the storm that was most likely summoned by Dragon at Loguetown was a result of a wind fruit awakening. Aokiji and Akainu can summon hail and fire from the skies, enel can do what the ark maxim did without any technological aid, Blackbeard can block out all sunlight and create a sort of winter effect on his surroundings, etc.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I hope he helps Oda with his pacing problems. Whole Cake has been awesome in that regard so far, though

Ray Down

Banned
Well, the Supernova were only created at all due to Oda's editor at the time telling him to create them. But aside from that, I'm not sure how much influence they've had on story direction.

I still question all of them considering Law whole story and his connections to Dolfa being really apparent now even with his intro.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I still question all of them considering Law whole story and his connections to Dolfa being really apparent now even with his intro.

Oda is a planner. I'm sure he came up with detailed backstories for all of the supernovas when he created them (and half of them probably won't end up being used or mattering).

Keep in mind, in October of 2015, an interview with Oda showed us a glimpse of his desk, and in that photo they chose to release was all of this:
OmwAN9g.jpg

We're still on big mom, haven't explored G4 fully, and who knows what's in store for the reverie and revolutionaries. And Zou's role in everything is still incomplete.

And chances are, when Oda and his editors opted to release that photo, it was a "Let's throw them a bone and give them a small glimpse of what's planned. That's most/all of 2016, right? Don't show them the wano, WB alliance, or Davy Back 2 packets for 2017/2018!"

SolVanderlyn

The fact that those scripts exist so far ahead of time is really cool. I imagine many manga authors simply make it up as they go, for the most part.

RalchAC

Oda is a planner. I'm sure he came up with detailed backstories for all of the supernovas when he created them (and half of them probably won't end up being used or mattering).

Keep in mind, in October of 2015, an interview with Oda showed us a glimpse of his desk, and in that photo they chose to release was all of this:
OmwAN9g.jpg

We're still on big mom, haven't explored G4 fully, and who knows what's in store for the reverie and revolutionaries. And Zou's role in everything is still incomplete.

And chances are, when Oda and his editors opted to release that photo, it was a "Let's throw them a bone and give them a small glimpse of what's planned. That's most/all of 2016, right? Don't show them the wano, WB alliance, or Davy Back 2 packets for 2017/2018!"

That could be one of the reasons why he is always a bit behind schedule. He has some plans, but then an editor tells him something like "why won't you add this backstory as a flashback?" or "why don't you bring more attention to this character?". Stuff like that.

The dragon could be Wano. In that Wanted volume that has old Oda one-shots there is one where a Samurai called Ryuma defeats a dragon. Ryuma has appeared in One Piece and is a Hero of that country, sooo... yeah.

I wonder if WCI arc was planned for the very beginning. We were supposed to be in the middle of Kaido's arc, and suddenly they switch focus. Not complaining, though. Veelks troll edits alone made this arc awesome.

Jump should do a 4koma spin-off that retells past events of One Piece from Pudding perspective. Imagine the potential.

Nibel

Man it's been years now and I still haven't warmed up to Franky's post-timeskip design

Pre-timeskip Franky is way superior

Then explain KFC.
Does Chopper eat meat?

huh, I'm not actually sure if chopper eats meat, that's a good question.

But to answer your question, It's KFC. They will have ads with anything in Japan.

I like pre-timeskip Franky's design more, but I love that post time-skip Franky has kind of given up being a person and gives us cool over the top robot designs.

Pre-time skip design with post time-skip robots and gear would be the way to go.

SolVanderlyn

Man it's been years now and I still haven't warmed up to Franky's post-timeskip design

Pre-timeskip Franky is way superior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom