• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
tumblr_inline_oil555pfvr1ttbl6o_540.png

But of course.

I do wonder what Pudding Wedding dress will look like, I imagien it won't be conservative knowing Oda.
It'll probably look normal until she pulls out a machine gun or whatever.

RalchAC

Most character change outfits between arcs, not just the Robin and Nami. They have a wider range of clothes, though.

It's one of the things I like in One Piece. Even if you don't like the "canon costume" (aka the one in the opening sequence of the anime) it'll be changed every once in a while. Like Zoro and Sanji wearing hawaiian shirts in Skypiea, Zoro's yellow leather jacket in Water 7 or everybody wearings suits in the first half of Dressrosa.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
She will just have a pistol I'm guess.

Though I doubt things will get to the alter, that bomb is going off first.
Man, between that bomb and Big Mom's sabotage plans, I have to think the Vinsmokes are planning something too. Just make the wedding completely crazy.

Even if they aren't it will be completely crazy. I can't wait.

I only said machine gun because Big Mom's crew is based on the mafia and crashing a wedding with a tommy gun seems appropriate lol.

Ray Down

Banned
Man, between that bomb and Big Mom's sabotage plans, I have to think the Vinsmokes are planning something too. Just make the wedding completely crazy.

Even if they aren't it will be completely crazy. I can't wait.

I only said machine gun because Big Mom's crew is based on the mafia and crashing a wedding with a tommy gun seems appropriate lol.

I sort of hope not since I want them all to eat shit...

But yeah this wedding is crazy, let's not forget Bege gang and Jinbei gang.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I prefer most of the pre time skip looks: Bropper, Luffy, Nami, Robin, Franky.

Brook looks about the same. Sanji does look different but I like both looks about equally. I'm waiting for Zoro's Sharingan/Oroborus tattoo.

Usopp is the only character I prefer the timeskip look of. Which is interesting as I really did not like his look initially but by the end of Fishman I was definitely in that camp.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Thriller Bark Nami is best Nami

And I mean before she was put into a wedding dress.

SolVanderlyn

I always liked Water 7 Nami and Skypiea Zoro a lot.

Water 7 Sanji was one of his best outfits too.

Red Fire

Design wise, i like everyone's pre timeskip designs better except for sanji, usopp and luffy, who are cool either way.
Though i must say franky has some pretty cool designs lately.

If we are not only talking about desings though, i really miss old zoro. He used to be my favorite character. He was a funny dude with a calm mind. Oda did not hold back to make fun of him sometimes, like that posing scene on little garden or when he was swinging like tarzan on skypiea. There were many scenes like that. In serious situations he would put on his scarf and then wreck shit. He used to have character and be unique.

Now he is just plain boring, almost never showing emotion and is way too tryhard. I really dislike that, made him drop from number 1. I mean we have law now who is pretty much always with the crew, we don't need 2 of those.

I also have issues with post timeskip chopper. I'll just quote myself from a few days ago here:

Franky is top 4 one piece characters material and has been doing LOTS of stuff.

Regarding chopper, i feel like he has been turned to a mascot too much. I loved chopper on alabastia, skypiea and water 7. But since like thriller bark he is just fodder and kinda just there to be kawaiiiiii. This is mostly regarding battle abilities, but also his character. He used to be cute because he often didn't know about human stuff, but he would also be serious sometimes. Now he is only cutsie.

That's why these last chapters were awesome, because their fight in the mirror world was awesome and it felt like old chopper to me.

If we go past outfits usopp is probably my favorite two year jump. I wasn't a fan of his fighting style ( it wasn't bad per se it just felt a lil lackluster) now he's rocking the pop greens and that opened up many doors

Red Fire

If we go past outfits usopp is probably my favorite two year jump. I wasn't a fan of his fighting style ( it wasn't bad per se it just felt a lil lackluster) now he's rocking the pop greens and that opened up many doors

I agree his upgrade is great and gives him many new opportunities

I gotta say though on water 7 he destroyed Luffy :D i was seriously impressed

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Thriller Bark Nami is best Nami

And I mean before she was put into a wedding dress.

To me my fave Nami was Water 7 Nami with the shirt and tie. So professional!
Zoro is definitely Skypiea, loved the addition of the goggles.
Luffy is whatever, he just changes the colour of his shirt basically.
Usopp definitely the timeskip design on Shabondy. Those stupid suspender things just work so well with him.
Sanji is pretty much always wearing suits so whatever.
Chopper going with Enis Lobby, loved his adorable little coat.
Robin going with Dressrosa, the hat was a nice addition.
Franky probably the Dressrosa as well, the all business up top and then speedo below always makes me smile.
Brook is just the Thriller Bark design, his original one.

Chase17

Swap him out for robin
Oh yeah that's a good call. Robin just got wings or something.
God Usopp is definitely nowhere close to being in the weak trio.
I already thought Oda nailed it with Buggy when it comes to a character getting valued more than their worth (in a bounty/leader sense), but than Dressrosa came and he did it even better with god usopp. Usopp himself is pretty strong at this point but that part where gets valued more than luffy/zolo (and their reactions) is hilarious.

Love Usopp

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
It was thriller bark..Stay losing robin

The whole crew came to rescue me

How many came for you, cook?

ODLb6BJ.jpg

lol I never would have got that

If it was thriller bark that explains it. All I remember is Usopp having a negative personality and Zolo being cool.
ok I remember more but that's what sticks out

All i remember is zoro being sorry he was ever born

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
lol I never would have got that

If it was thriller bark that explains it. All I remember is Usopp having a negative personality and Zolo being cool.
ok I remember more but that's what sticks out

Out.

=_=

Don't you dare patronize me, Blackleg. I know your game too well. I fall for the trap then it snaps shut on me. I'm not falling for your treacherous lies, never.
I'm legit I been trolling you this whole time.

Without chopper they die, no one else on the crew knows any medical skills. Sanji can be replaced,nami knows how to cook at least it won't be high class like it is but meh they're pirates he's not needed. Chopper on the other hand can also talk to animals something that can be a great asset no matter where they go. He has his monster point which he can now control and wreck havoc. And to top it off he's still unknown basically so he can secretly move around the world more so than any other Strawhat

Without chopper they die, no one else on the crew knows any medical skills. Sanji can be replaced,nami knows how to cook at least it won't be high class like it is but meh they're pirates he's not needed. Chopper on the other hand can also talk to animals something that can be a great asset no matter where they go. He has his monster point which he can now control and wreck havoc. And to top it off he's still unknown basically so he can secretly move around the world more so than any other Strawhat

He really is a great asset to the team and has been responsible for keeping the crew in top fighting condition. Also monster point can do some damage if need be. I hope he gets to cut loose at the wedding.

Also, why you had to do Bomberman like that?! He was taken too soon, man. Too soon. ;-;

Chase17

giphy.gif

He really is a great asset to the team and has been responsible for keeping the crew in top fighting condition. Also monster point can do some damage if need be. I hope he gets to cut loose at the wedding.

Also, why you had to do Bomberman like that?! He was taken too soon, man. Too soon. ;-;
O no I ain't taking that back Bomberman sucks. Bomberman can be erased from history if that is what causes a suikoden revival

I guess for nostalgic reasons I like Luffy and Zoro's simple design. Reminds me of the beginning of the series without the lack of tech and overcomplicated outfits-just a shirt and pants for the most part.

Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, and Nami are fine clothes wise, but I think I liked Nami with shorter hair...not a big deal though. Other than that I don't really like Usopp's clothes but his design is fine. Chopper's hat is weird, and Kung Fu point is goofy af. Robin is fine, Brook has too much going on, and that just leaves...

Franky is an abomination and the only thing keeping him afloat is the hair gag imo. His arms are just silly and he was fine pre timeskip.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I prefer most of the pre-skip designs. Probably Robin the most, though, I love her old hair (and her Water 7 outfit), its angularness really fit her face, with her angular nose and whatnot. Her Fishman Island hairdo is an abomination, specifically when animated, and I can't stand that it's her "canonical" timeskip design. She's looked so much better since then, ugh.

Ogodei

Design talk, eh. Well, what the hell. Won't go too much in depth, but meh

Luffy: I always thought his character was blandly designed. Of all the characters in the series, he feels closest to being a blank slate hero in terms of design. I just find him boring.
Zoro: He's the most 'badass' designed character, which people who enjoy OP's silliness find boring. Luckily, since I have the opposite of that preference, he's probably the best designed of the crew for me. Post time skip gets a larger torso is an improvement I didn't expect. I think his scar with stitches look is shit, but other than that, I like him.
Usopp: Post time skip is clearly superior.
Sanji: All he ever dresses in is suits. He's boring.
Nami and Robin: Too sexually objectified for anything else to matter, really. It doesn't help that they're constantly changing their attire every arc, so while the guys havea "pre and post" time skip look with some variations, these girls get a new outfit every arc if not more often, so there's kind of an element of overchoice.
Chopper: His only good look was his monster form before he gained control of it. Chopper's monster form when he's not in control is terrifying. In control, he's goofy as fuck.
Franky: Bizarrely, I don't hate his outrageous look. Maybe it's because I was a fan of ace ventura when young. Either way, he's fun, but I think his post time skip is a downgrade.
Brook: I remember one fan art of him depicting Brooke's design more realistically and it looked really good. In OP, I hate it. I prefer his TimeSkip look. But I think it's more that I just hate OP's cartoony aesthetic.
Pudding: The greatest.

"New outfits every arc" has been a thing since basically Alabasta. I'd argue there isn't even an "official" post timeskip look, everyone just defaults to Sabody/Fishman because it came first.

You just notice it more in the women because the variations in their outfits are greater, arc to arc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom