• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Down

Banned
The bikini battle, anything involving Sabertooth guild, anything involving Sting, Erza vs Minerva, the dragon that whole gimmick is blowing off people clothes, the trip to the water park....Veelk please read this series

The bikini battle, anything involving Sabertooth guild, anything involving Sting, Erza vs Minerva, the dragon that whole gimmick is blowing off people clothes, the trip to the water park....Veelk please read this series

I think the Prehistoric Mini Story would be enough for him.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Just curious, but what is bad about this fight? I read about two volumes of Fairy Tail and stopped.

I believe it's the one where Erza is stripped naked and tortured, with a tentacle monster thrown in.
Then the actual fight has Minerva shut down all her senses, but then Erza manages to win anyway because, according to the cats, "she's Erza and thus she's awesome"

I believe it's the one where Erza is stripped naked and tortured, with a tentacle monster thrown in.
Then the actual fight has Minerva shut down all her senses, but then Erza manages to win anyway because, according to the cats, "she's Erza and thus she's awesome"

Oh yeah, Veelk would flip the fuck out just from reading this.

Ray Down

Banned

Different fight, lol.

Fight with Minerva I barely remember outside of the bit where Erza pulls out an armor that neutralizes ALL MAGIC and never uses it again.

LotusHD

Banned

Different fight, lol.

Fight with Minerva I barely remember outside of the bit where Erza pulls out an armor that neutralizes ALL MAGIC and never uses it again.

Oh I'm dumb, it's not Minerva, it's Kagura lol

Whatever, all Erza fights are dumb, but that one was especially baffling. Pretty much sums up FT to a tee.

Ray Down

Banned
HUH?! WHAT?! PARDON ME?! Wow, that is...just wow.

Or at least that's what I remmeber what the manga said :p

God Veelk is gonna love Erza armor designs, even the one that's just a Jungle bikini top.

LotusHD

Banned

God Veelk is gonna love Erza armor designs, even the one that's just a Jungle bikini top.

I'll never understand how she gets stronger in that one outfit where her tits are bandaged together, and she has that flame pattern on her pants. But whatever...

The funniest thing is when people prop up Erza as being a great female character.

MANUELF

Banned
Yeah Erza has an armor for every occasion, sometimes is just too perfect and since we know she buy them I wonder why arent they a common thing

Fairy Tail is sooo bad. Not even the unapologetic, poorly thought out fanservice but the friendship is power plot. The fights have no weight to them like in Bleach.

Fairy Tail is sooo bad. Not even the unapologetic, poorly thought out fanservice but the friendship is power plot. The fights have no weight to them like in Bleach.

I'd take Bleach's convenient ability match up over FT's friendship is power. Both are bad, but at the former is entertaining in how specific Kubo could make them.

I'd take Bleach's convenient ability match up over FT's friendship is power. Both are bad, but at the former is entertaining in how specific Kubo could make them.
Fair point. Fairy Tail is miles below Bleach. I just meant the fights feel the same, which I suppose is more true for Bleach's last arc.

Ogodei

Fair point. Fairy Tail is miles below Bleach. I just meant the fights feel the same, which I suppose is more true for Bleach's last arc.

Meh, i give Fairy Tail more credit for keeping characters relevant. Bleach treated characters as disposable, Fairy Tail generally had a role for everyone and wasn't as bad about characters getting used as fodder to show how unbeatable the new villain was, at the expense of being more formulaic, but i like shonen series that work the ensemble.

Agree that the writing is generally trash-tier, but the characters are used pretty well. Bleach was painful in terms of missed opportunity or characters who were built up only to be pissed away in the worst of ways (still mad about what happened to Unohana).

smurfx

get some go again
yeah i also bailed on fairy tail. i was basically reading it just because i was used to reading it along side other better mangas. forgot what made me quit but it was probably some friendship power up garbage.

Don't really post here but I just came back from seeing Film Gold at a theater 2 hours away. Glad I went had alot of fun and the crowd was really into it. Also I was pretty much blind going in so wasn't excepting it to be a heist movie like it was. Kind of wish they didn't go with standard one piece fair with all out punching in the end to win, was kinda into the heist stuff. Also
completely forgot Lucci was a member of CP-0 so when he showed up I was really confused. Seemed like kind of a waste to throw him in this and not do anything with him.

Over all I had fun. Think I liked Strong world more and still got to see Film Z.

Veelk

Banned
Even Veelk likes it.

Haha, I noticed that.

Wait, Veelk likes something manga related?! I think I heard about that being one of the signs of the end times....

Kidding Veelk, kidding.

My Hero Academia is awesome, for a LOOOOT of different reasons. I have some criticisms regarding it's worldbuilding, but their the same kind of criticisms I have with American comics (particularly X-men) and how they depict a world where people get random superpowers. But it's really not that big a deal. What's great about MHA is that it does a lot of interesting and unique things with it's character designs (It often feels like different characters come from entirely different schools of design, especially the villains feel like their straight from a horror manga), the art is GORGEOUS, every character feels grounded and real in their own way, the characters use smart applications of their powers to win victories, and because a lot of the challenges they face are personal (either having a personal beef with a character or else want to advance in the school), that allows a greater chance for failure that creates a greater sense of tension, the pacing is amazingly refreshing and brief (the longest arc has been 22 chapters)....

The best way to describe it is that this is a manga made by a guy whose been a huge fan of shonen, but is highly cognizant of it's pitfalls and learned from them. As a result, we have this super intensely personal and authentic coming of age story, filled to the brim with charming characters (seriously, there's basically no one of the main cast I don't want to see developed more), with really amazing and creative art. I really, really, really recommend it.

And as a bonus, I think literally every shonen mangaka should read the fight between the main girl and the asshole main rival in chapter 35-37 and refer to that whenever they are wondering how they should depict a girl fighting.

Veelk needs to read FT.

That would be a sight to behold

Either though reaction posts here or Veelk makes his own long winded reaction thread, it would be fun from his initial reaction to a generic shounen series to...what ever the hell we call it now.

Friendship Fetish Smut series.

Pretty sure it would kill him.

So I just got a crazy idea for ARMS. Stay with me folks but....Afro Luffy. Think about it.

Also Veelk would have a goddamn conniption reading Fairy Tail.

I think the Prehistoric Mini Story would be enough for him.

you forgot orgasm magic

Veelk reads Fairy Tail |OT| Courage is the Magic that makes Magical Bikinis into Reality

Oh yeah, Veelk would flip the fuck out just from reading this.

giphy.gif

My Hero Academia is awesome, for a LOOOOT of different reasons. I have some criticisms regarding it's worldbuilding, but their the same kind of criticisms I have with American comics (particularly X-men) and how they depict a world where people get random superpowers. But it's really not that big a deal. What's great about MHA is that it does a lot of interesting and unique things with it's character designs (It often feels like different characters come from entirely different schools of design, especially the villains feel like their straight from a horror manga), the art is GORGEOUS, every character feels grounded and real in their own way, the characters use smart applications of their powers to win victories, and because a lot of the challenges they face are personal (either having a personal beef with a character or else want to advance in the school), that allows a greater chance for failure that creates a greater sense of tension, the pacing is amazingly refreshing and brief (the longest arc has been 22 chapters)....

The best way to describe it is that this is a manga made by a guy whose been a huge fan of shonen, but is highly cognizant of it's pitfalls and learned from them. As a result, we have this super intensely personal and authentic coming of age story, filled to the brim with charming characters (seriously, there's basically no one of the main cast I don't want to see developed more), with really amazing and creative art. I really, really, really recommend it.

And as a bonus, I think literally every shonen mangaka should read the fight between the main girl and the asshole main rival in chapter 35-37 and refer to that whenever they are wondering how they should depict a girl fighting.

giphy.gif

Yeah, My Hero Academia is amazing and it doesn't fall into the usual tropes of shonen. Also heroes do get creative in fighting as well.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Y'all need to read some Hinomaru Zumou as far as currently ongoing shounen jump as concerned. It's one of the tighest well paced weekly shounen manga's in existence. It's blatantly obvious the mangaka planned out all of the side and MC character arcs as well as the plot itself from the onset and it's extremely great at presenting moments as if the reader is a part of the audience and cheering along as the characters overcome their personal struggles. Very rarely has a manga consistently managed to do it to the same success. It also has this Berserk type theme of the MC fighting against fate because of shortness in a no weight class sport (with the losses to match) combined the tenacity and sheer hatred fate and those blessed by it. It lampshades and subverts Shounen tropes on a very consistent basis. It's a shame it does sell but it's remained in WSJ despite it's low sales for a very good reason.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I thought the whole reveal event was pretty enjoyable, and I was shocked to see so many people negative on it. First time I'm ever buying a system at launch.

The paying for online on a handheld really soured it for me. i could handle the rest since the games would come and the price would eventually reduce. But paying for online is just an extra tax that'll never really go away.

The paying for online on a handheld really soured it for me. i could handle the rest since the games would come and the price would eventually reduce. But paying for online is just an extra tax that'll never really go away.

I get that. I guess it just didn't really matter to me since I never play online games. So I was a lot more focused on the region free stuff, all the great games they showed off (I went nuts for that SMT teaser and actually screamed when the Xenoblade 2 logo came up), and Koizumi reclining on the sofa.

But yeah, I can get that if you're in to multiplayer games that the online stuff is a bummer.

cntr

Banned
lol I come back to check on this thread after a long while, and the most recent page is about My Hero Academia. Go figure.

I endorse Veelk reading Fairy Tail. It's like all the people watching Fuuka on ToonamiGAF!

Veelk

Banned
I endorse Veelk reading Fairy Tail. It's like all the people watching Fuuka on ToonamiGAF!

I know that this community hates me, but this just feels cruel and unusual. How could anyone willfully subject someone else to such an awful experience?

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I know that this community hates me, but this just feels cruel and unusual. How could anyone willfully subject someone else to such an awful experience?

Well you stuck with Bleach until before the last Arc. So it's not like it's an entirely alien concept. Maybe you watch it side by side with black clover to compare and contrast.

Veelk

Banned
Well you stuck with Bleach until before the last Arc. So it's not like it's an entirely alien concept. Maybe you watch it side by side with black clover to compare and contrast.

If everything I heard about FT is true then I will probably hate it more than bleach. I didn't quit bleach because it was bad, I quit because it was boring. It was just incomprehensible nonsense. FT sounds like it exists to piss off every storytelling sensibility I have. Big difference.

If Veelk decides to read Fairy Tail, even I would read it to better apreciate his/her reactions.

You'd literally have to pay me actual money.

cntr

Banned
Maybe I got to be actually try it, maybe I will start with the anime.
I wouldn't recommend the anime, they tried to cover 21 chapters in 13 episodes, and the pacing was really bad 'cause of it. Plus some animation issues from a rushed production.

Then again, might not be a problem with a binge watch. It's still infinitely better than what Toei does, lol.

Oh you silly! We love you! We just show it in a different way, mostly involving subjecting you to literary horrors that will befuddle and stupefy you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom