• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veelk

Banned
Reiju didn't have the same experiment as the bros just stuff to modify her to follow Judge.

You'd think this would be a failsafe he'd input into all his creations. Like, why the fuck wouldn't he?

Personally, I hope that the emotionless translation is accurate, and what happens is that Reiju is pulling her own scheme on Sanji, so at the end she says to Sanji "God, the vinsmoke brothers are so fucking stupid. Dumbass, you've seen them have emotions, like joy when they were kicking your shit in. How do you even remember to breathe?"

ryan13ts

Well now that Sanji knows Zeff will likely be safe from the Vinsmokes and his hands aren't in danger anymore, maybe he will decide to go with Luffy. The only problems I can see with him deciding to stay are Reiju and the threat of Big Mom mailing someone's head to him in the mail.

Shit is about reaching boiling point soon, can't wait until next wee.... well, damn. Seriously though, all these breaks are making the story move at a snail's pace lately.

smurfx

get some go again
sanji doesn't really matter at all to big mom. he has no power over the vinsmokes and once she takes control of their tech what use is he? big mom doesn't see luffy as a threat at the moment either. once she does see luffy as a big threat i don't think zeff is the one she will be going after but people in luffy's life. the people in his home village are safe since garp is there.

Chapter was kinda slow but still okay.

Sanji being the child his mom always wanted to have seems less special now knowing that she made him that way. It would have been cooler if it just naturally happened.

I honestly see Sanji rescuing Reiju and the Strawhats taking her with them at the end of this arc.

Jinbe vs smoothie on the fourth floor hype!!

Or

Oda throws a curve ball and they manage to not go the way the big mom pirates intended because chopper and Carrot get to them first and they go to the mirror world

Well if you think about it, there has to be a period of time where things settle down and the wedding happens. There's NO way the wedding isn't happening plotwise, I would be shocked if this arc ends and we don't see the wedding at all.

I can see Luffy getting to Sanji, they make up, and then begin to form a plan. I wonder if Jimbei somehow knows about the Tamate box?

Ray Down

Banned
Well if you think about it, there has to be a period of time where things settle down and the wedding happens. There's NO way the wedding isn't happening plotwise, I would be shocked if this arc ends and we don't see the wedding at all.

I can see Luffy getting to Sanji, they make up, and then begin to form a plan. I wonder if Jimbei somehow knows about the Tamate box?

Nope only Neptune and the Right Minister know and they haven't told anyone.

Nope only Neptune and the Right Minister know and they haven't told anyone.
Yeah I know, but I mean perhaps the Minister told Jimbei about the box after Luffy fought with Big Mom over the tele. They knew he was leaving to settle things with Big Mom so I don't see why they wouldn't have told him they just send a bomb to her doorstep.

I'm betting before that.

Oda will be the master troll if he decides to kill off Jinbei before they find the One Piece. Come on man don't do this to us!

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Just as a heads up, if anyone hasn't seen the One Piece Gold movie, it's surprisingly good. Animation is pretty awesome and there are tons of cameos. They really hit it out of the park. Also legit funny. Check it out before it leaves theaters.

Just as a heads up, if anyone hasn't seen the One Piece Gold movie, it's surprisingly good. Animation is pretty awesome and there are tons of cameos. They really hit it out of the park. Also legit funny. Check it out before it leaves theaters.

Really want to but I'd be going by myself. All my mates that like OP live in another town and can't be arsed to make the drive over here where it's playing.

Ray Down

Banned
Man Pudding needs to edit some launch titles into my mind for the Switch cause outside of Zelda (Which I can just buy on the WII U) nothing really there for me.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Really want to but I'd be going by myself. All my mates that like OP live in another town and can't be arsed to make the drive over here where it's playing.
I went by myself. It was just fine. Theater was surprisingly full, but it's just a bunch of nerds watching One Piece. Nobody should be judging you lol.

I went by myself. It was just fine. Theater was surprisingly full, but it's just a bunch of nerds watching One Piece. Nobody should be judging you lol.

It's note even that. My friends and I are super into OP and I'd feel bad seeing it without them when the experience would be 100000 times better with them there. But you have a point about the crowd I guess.

LotusHD

Banned
Man Pudding needs to edit some launch titles into my mind for the Switch cause outside of Zelda (Which I can just buy on the WII U) nothing really there for me.

Same. Plus I'm getting it for extremely cheap, so the Wii U version would have to perform terribly in comparison to make me double dip.

They need to make One Piece: Unlimited Pudding.

You replay through the whole story from the start to the current events, but with Pudding having been inserted in the story all along.

LotusHD

Banned
I want Cyber Connect to do an OP game so bad...Namco force them to do it already!

Probably in the minority, but I thought One Piece Burning Blood has a solid base for what it was trying to do. A solid sequel could make it worth getting for any fan of the series, assuming they actually listen to the feedback...

After all these years (it took me time to get here) I finally made it to water 7. I keep hearing how amazing this is, I'm so damn excited. I just finished movie 6, so I'm ready!

Edit: Originally I stopped watching because I took a break mid way through an arc. I wanted to catch myself back up because I forgot what happened but there was too much for me to rewatch. Thankfully I learned my lesson, next time I take a break it'll be between arcs. I do plan on catching up someday, I'm in love with this show/manga.

RalchAC

A question has just popped up in my head: Has Garp ever shown his gratitude towards Shanks for losing an arm to save Luffy?

You'd think this would be a failsafe he'd input into all his creations. Like, why the fuck wouldn't he?

Personally, I hope that the emotionless translation is accurate, and what happens is that Reiju is pulling her own scheme on Sanji, so at the end she says to Sanji "God, the vinsmoke brothers are so fucking stupid. Dumbass, you've seen them have emotions, like joy when they were kicking your shit in. How do you even remember to breathe?"

I think she is older than the rest of the brothers. The others are Ichi-ji, Ni-ji, San-ji and Yon-ji (so basically one, two, three, four + ji) and Reiju has a different name. Some experiments were made to her, but the ones made to the four Ji brothers could have not been safe enough when they had Reiju.

Once again, Luffy's straw hat survives direct contact with fire. Must be super fire-retardant straw.

Luffy's strawhat must be like 40 years old. It's survived Roger fights, Shanks fights and all of Luffy's fights.

Someone, please, create r/LadyPudding4Nakama

I think she is older than the rest of the brothers. The others are Ichi-ji, Ni-ji, San-ji and Yon-ji (so basically one, two, three, four + ji) and Reiju has a different name. Some experiments were made to her, but the ones made to the four Ji brothers could have not been safe enough when they had Reiju.

Yeah, she's almost certainly older since rei is the word for zero.

Ray Down

Banned
The Tammy comparison is so apt haha. Does Oda watch Rick and Morty?!?!?!?

Lol who would even know.

Also OP twitter talk about this recently:

- Manga editor is supposed to have a meeting with Oda about manga and receive manuscript. In case editor loses manuscripts, he is supposed to get fired.

- Media editor is supposed to supervise anime and merchandise and have a scheduling management as a whole. He says in the pic, "The quality of this character model is poor!"

- ONE PIECE in the only manga in Shonen Jump which has 2 editors due to its large scale.

- Editorial department has 20 editors (5 groups).

- New editor Naito having a meeting with Oda reminds editor Sugita that he will not have opportunities that he can talk with Oda about manga, film and joking every night anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom